Domain ControllerThe Time Sync

Hello

This is now driving me crazy, I have sync the time with time.windows.com on
the domain controller but its allway 2/3 minutes out with our clients! The
domain controller is windows 2003 server

0
Jason

Hello Jason,

Make sure the DC has the PDCEmulator role which is configured to the external
time source. On all machines must port 123 UDP be open.

On the clients run(can also be scripted as startup script):
w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update

After that run:
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello
>
> This is now driving me crazy, I have sync the time with
> time.windows.com on the domain controller but its allway 2/3 minutes
> out with our clients! The domain controller is windows 2003 server

0
Meinolf

Outlook response time
I have Outlook 2003 SP3. Lately the time it takes to create a new message (using MS Word as the editor) it can take 2 - 5 minutes for the blank form to appear. The 2 - 5 minute wait also happens when attempting to reply to a message. I check properties of the PC, and the processor(s) are running 100%. This could be the only program open, or one of two or three, with the same results. Any ideas to make this go away, besides a new PC? Check the Processes tab in Task Manager to see what is using 100% CPU. Gaffer wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 SP3. Lately the time it takes to cr...

MSN Money Sync
Money 2005 is unable to sync with MSN Money and as a result I cannot update my bank information, yet I am able to update all information on moneycentral.com I cannot update my Money 2005 file or snyc with the updated information on the money servers. The error message says that updates are temporarily unavailable. Join the club. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1abb01c4ac11$791928d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Money 2005 is unable to sync with MSN Money and as a > result I cannot update my bank information, yet I am able > to upda...

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

Sync Phone Calls
Is it possible to sync CRM phone calls in SFO with the Outlook Calendar? In other words, can a user of SFO create a Phone Call select a time and a date, then see this scheduled phone call in the Outlook Calendar Not with the out of the box functionality. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:09:07 -0800, "robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is it possible to sync CRM phone calls in SFO with the Outlook Calendar? In other words, can a user of SFO create a Phone Ca...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object
Hi I have an application running in Access 2003 that is trying to open a second Access application and get the following error Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object The references all seem OK - I have references to Visual Basic for Applications MS Access 10.0 Object Library MS DAO 3.6 Object Library MS ACtiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library OLE Automation My code is as follows Dim acApp As Access.Application Dim strDBPath As String strDBPath = "C:\NewAppName.mdb" Set acApp = New Access.Application With acApp ..OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath ..DoCmd.O...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

Sync PST between Desktop and laptop without Exchange Server
hi everyone, i like to sync my outllook with my desktop and laptop without exchange server. any one has idea how to do this? thanks Vishal Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Vishal" <visjunk2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ehynIjL7DHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi everyone, > > i like to sync my outllook with my desktop and laptop without exchange > server. > >...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

Comparing 2 columns of time
I am trying to compare 2 columns of time. Here is the formula I am trying to use: =IF(H2>(LOOKUP(Sheet3!A2,Minimums!A2:A35,Minimums!D2:D35)), "Pass","Fail") H2 is the run time (mm:ss), A2 is their age, A2:A35 and D2:D35 is ages and max times. Basically, I look at someone age, then take the time it took them to run 3 miles and compare that time to a maximum standard time for the same age. Example: 22 year old male has 28 minutes to run 3 miles. I want to have the cell tell me if the run time is greater than the max allowed time. Any help will this is greatly ap...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

Joing old domain and new domain.
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the begining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. Any ...

Run 100 java threads at a time.
Hello All, I have a question. I'm writing a program that uses thread to analyze files. Each thread will have its own file to analyze so no synchronization is required. What I want is to only have 100 threads created and run at a time. Is there a way to do that? I just don't want a very large number of threads to run at the same time because that could take up alot of resources. Thanks in advance, > I just don't want a very large number of threads to run at the same time because that could take up alot of resources. It all depends upon what threads are doing. Each thread...

Wrong Time on Appointments
Does any one know why an appointment crated on Calendar by accepting a meeting request would show up 1 or 2 hours off from the senders appointment that generated the reqest. ie: if I were to create an appontment on my calendar at 9:00am and "invite others" to that appointment, they accept, then it shows up on their calendars at 8:00am in one case and 10:00am in the other - I have checked the system times on all three machines and they all match. Any ideas? ...

Excel
Hi Eggheads, I have a number in a cell, for example 1847. I want to convert this to either (1) time or (2) absolute numbers. In this case, 1847 actually means 18 hours and 47 minutes, or 18:47 hours (06:47 PM). If 1847 was in cell A1, is there a way to convert it to 18:47 (time) in cell B1? I will even take hours in B1 and minutes in C1. The other option I'm looking at is absolute figures. I want 12:00 AM on Jan 1, 2009 to mean 00 minutes. And I want 11:59 on Dec 31, 2009 to mean 525,600 minutes (or 527,040 minutes in a leap year). Thanks in Advance. Cheers, Ketsu EggHeadCafe - ...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text
Hi Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an exchange server to be plain text? We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible Thoughts? Ian from Canada You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Changing Domain Login
Our sysadmin group changed the domain login for a user because she got married and took her husband's last name, so she can't log into CRM anymore. Is there a way to change her login in CRM? Will changing it in SystemUserBase work? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk There's no supported way to change the login in CRM. Updating systemuserbase directly is the only way to do it; it works fine, but is unsupported. The suppported way to cope with this scenario is to create a new AD account and new CRM user, then reassign all CRM ent...

time-scale axis problem
I have sets of data that have a date with a corresponding numerical value in number format with one decimal. When I try to plot them on a line chart with a time-scale axis, Excel defaults to putting my points between 1/1/1900 and 1/20/1900. If I change the dates, then all my points end up nearly vertically on the y-axis and do not correspond to the dates on the x-axis, even though the point will indicate the correct date if you point to it with the mouse. My final goal is to evaluate the rate of change in the values, which I hope to do by looking at the average slope of the line. Th...

Tool bar Icons should get brighter when clicked several times
It might be helful if the icons on the tool bar would get brighter after serveral uses making them easier to locate. This could be reset when the program is closed or retained depending on the users choice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...