Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2

I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services.
I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at
the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is
working in earlier version of Windows.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

--
Hannkwang
Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Hannkwang

Excel Truncating Leading Spaces when pasting data
Is there a way for Excel to not truncate leading spaces when data from outside of Excel has them. For example, I have a text file where some data has 1 leading zero, and some has 2, etc. I want to preserve that format when pasting to Excel, but they get truncated off. Is there a setting or something I can use to keep them. Excel XP, Office XP, Windows XP Thanks Hi Wayne Format the cells as text before you copy the data -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260001c427dc$0c643a40$a10128...

Why can't I open e-mails from my new item alert window?
I have alerts pop up when new messages arrive in two of my e-mail accounts. But when I click on an item in the new alert window and click "open item," I get a message indicating the message is no longer available it may have been moved or deleted. But the message is there. In fact, if I go into the inbox and click on the message (just reading it in preview mode or opening it), then I can go back to the new item alert window, click "open item" and the message will open. ...

windows xp screen saver
I had a virus in my xp screen saver and deleted my screen saver exe file.how do i get another one in my display window.sure could use some help on this one.thanks,woody if you deleted a file then it is likely inside the recycle bin. another method to undue changes to the system is to execute a system restore point. if you choose system restore be sure to disable your antivirus programs as they can hamper the restoration of system files. -------------- if neither of the above works out then you can restore that particular file with a program like "recuva". ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Excel 2002 can't read files
All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports all my files as "unable to read". They can be opened on other computers. I've tried repairing Office and running a virus scan, but it still won't work. Even new files won't open again after I save them once. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info. "Batty boy" wrote: > All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports...

how do i delete archive folders when the pst file is missing
We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and no way to delete them. Any suggestions? duchenej <duchenej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my > pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but > now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and > no way to delete them. Any suggestions? If right-click>Close won...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

OWA on a Different Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web server that hosts the Exchange OWA. I recall there was a setting that had to direct it to your exchange server. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I think it's a file that is created during setup but since we moved servers it is still pointing to the old server. I need to know what file to edit to point to the new server. BTW:Please ignore my post in exchange2000.admin. I clicked too quick. "Chris Cairns" <ccairns@hampton-hampton.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web se...

remove Absolute references when copying from pivot table
Hi, I have a pivot table of data in a workbook called Pivot MT with units as row names and months as column names. I have a separate workbook called Monthly Totals in which I am referencing certain values inside the pivot table. I want to use the fill handle in this Monthly Totals workbook and drag accross the columns to capture certain values in the pivot table. However, there seems to be an absolute values (i.e. $A$4) which causes all values across to be the same. I want to remove the absolute values but F4 doesn't seem to work. Can someone help? Thanks, On May 8, 12:31=A0am...

Windows 7 upgrade 11-25-09
Hi All, If im in the wrong newsgroup please accept my apologies. I currently have a hp machine with a triple core amd phenom 8550 triple core processor and 4 gig of memory running vista home premium. Is it possible to up grade to windows 7 64 bit with the machine I have. Thanks Mel. Mel wrote: > Hi All, > > If im in the wrong newsgroup please accept my apologies. > > I currently have a hp machine with a triple core amd phenom 8550 triple > core processor and 4 gig of memory running vista home premium. Is it > possible to up grade to windows ...

Dex.ini and window size/screen resolution
I have a high resolution monitor and when using GP 9.0 I am typically only able to fill the screen with about 1/4 of the available real estate. One thought was to modify the Dex.ini file to change the WindowsWidth and WindowsHeight settings. But they appear to not get me to a solution. How can I use more of my screen to display GP windows? Is something like this possible? Thanks -- Christian S South Carolina Hi Chris, I've got a user with a similar problem in GP10... He got a 28" screen with a resolution of 1900x1200 and claims to get an error when starti...

Copy-Paste / Excel 2002 (Annoying)
Hello I am trying to get rid of this annoying pop-up help box that keep showing up whenever i copy a cell more than 2 times. To explain in better detail, please try this on your Excel 2002 t understand exactly what I am talking about. 1.) Go to Excel 2002. 2.) on ANY cell type the hot-key for "copy" (ctrl+C) TWICE or more i the same cell. OK...from here you should see a LARGE pop-up box about pasting an such. HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THIS so it will NEVER pop up again? As you can see, this could get VERY annoying if you work o spreadsheets all day long. Please HELP -- Maxwell...

Enforce leave a copy in server
As I know, use "Outlook POP3->Leave a copy on the server" , can save all emails on the server. But I Dont want to ask our users one by one to do such setting, I just want to do it in the Exchange Server (2003). Is it possible? Thanks It's not a server-side setting, rather a client option. The only way you could potentially manage this is if your users are all part of a domain and if the Office Admin template add-in for Group Policies allowed you to manage this. There are no settings on the POP3 virtual server that force it to tell the clients to leave a copy on the s...

Microsoft CRM Server User Input
I am trying to install Microsoft 3.0 server professional edition on a machine running Windows 2003 server. When selecting the organizational unit I selected the top node domain name. However, the setup fails giving the following error: Microsoft CRM Server User Input Details: "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=MyDomain,DC=com." Any suggestions? Hello Nawar ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

How to get a separate Undo for each of several files?
To demonstrate on two files: write A into file 1, then B into file 2, C into file 1, D into file 2 Now, in whichever window you use Undo, it will first remove the D, then C, then B, then A. While this can be useful, it is not a behaviour I would prefer, but rather an Undo that only works for the current file. How can I turn it off? I have the feint idea this is a new feature (I am speaking here of Excel 2003). I don't think it's a new feature. And undo is an application feature. You may want to request an enhancement to xlwish@microsoft.com Peter Sidor wrote: > > To d...

ADP Payroll File
We just implemented ADP for payroll but we do not have the payroll module in GP 9.0. What is the best way to get these checks into bank recon? Does anyone have a good process for doing this? I am assuming we get a file from ADP and upload through int manager. Has anyone had a good experience with getting a file from their bank of the checks that cleared. Does this happen automatically or is this a manual process? Any input would be appreciated for we are trying to come up with the best process ASAP. Thanks Barb Barb, I implemented this for a national theater megaplex builder...

Can a Windows Server 2008 join W2K2 AD?
Hi, Just bought a Windows 2008 Server. We want to have the Windows 2008 server be a member server in a Windows 2000 AD environment. Not a DC. No migration. It is just going to serve web pages. Do we need to do anything other than have it join the Windows 2000 domain? Are there any issues with this set up? Thanks, SDM Hello sdmusicmaker, Yes, you can add it. Keep in mind that Windows server 2008 has the firewall enabled by default. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Pl...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

have all forms open in window of main form
I would like to have some commnand buttons and or toolbar buttons on a main form which open a number of different forms and have them all open up in the main form whilst retaining the view of the command buttons etc. Not sure if this is feasible or relativley straightforward but if it is would appreciate some guidance or direction on how to accomplish this. Each new form would overlay the previous form opened which would become invisible. Thanks ChrisP Hi Chris, One easy way to do this is to add tabs on your main form. Then in each tab you can place a subform. You will only see t...