DHCP failure

Hi,

Currently we have a DHCP service installed on a DC. This issues Ip's until
10.10.250.100 (from .1)

I want to install DHCP service on another server that will issue Ip's from
10.10.240.101 to say 10.10.250.150.

Is their anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Hello biren,

Assuming that the x.240.x.x is a typo, no. You have to make sure, as already
done, that they didn't overlap or configure it according to:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780311(WS.10).aspx

Doesn't matter if you use 80/20 or 50/50.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi,
>
> Currently we have a DHCP service installed on a DC. This issues Ip's
> until 10.10.250.100 (from .1)
>
> I want to install DHCP service on another server that will issue Ip's
> from 10.10.240.101 to say 10.10.250.150.
>
> Is their anything else I need to be aware of?
>
> Thanks

0
Meinolf

DHCP problem
My DHCP pool is out of leases, but there are leases left in my pool The pool is 10.1.1.30 to 10.1.1.91 My leases are 10.1.1.74 to 10.1.1.91 Why won't the server start issues the lowered numbered leases when the reaches 91? "mz" <fatbikeracer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My DHCP pool is out of leases, but there are leases left in my pool >The pool is 10.1.1.30 to 10.1.1.91 >My leases are 10.1.1.74 to 10.1.1.91 > >Why won't the server start issues the lowered numbered leases when the >reaches 91? Wrong newsgroup? Try one of the Windows O/S newsgroups. -- ...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Failure to or Slow moving between Worksheet Files.
Hi, I sure could use a little bit of advice to solve a problem which has just popped-up in the last month or so. I have three XLS files which are all opened at the same time by a container XLS file. One of the files opens up as the active worksheet. The other two files are displayed at the bottom of the screen in the system tray. When attempting to switch between the different files by clicking on the desired XLS file in the system tray, either nothing happens or (with luck) the switch is made. It would appear that focus is given to the desired system tray button for a 1 second i...

DHCP question
Hi, I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so I dont know the mac address. How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to reserve in DHCP in window 2003. Thanks biren wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is > used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so > I dont know the mac address. > > How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to...

Failure to Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC Please bare with me. I'm a fairly basic, lifetime loyal mac user that knows my way around the computer but isn't super techy savy. Upon saving a document in word and excel (don't know in other aps cause haven't used them in a while), I've been receiving errors that the server was not available. I've been doing Save As to get around this and rebooting and problem avoided for awhile. Went to Save As and was told Memory Failure so I quit ap without saving and lost last few minutes of data. No bigg...

Error Code 0x802246008 Install Failure
I am using Windows I.E. 8. Version 8.0.6001.18702ic and Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600. For the last few weeks I have been unable to download any Microsoft updates. I have tried various remedies i.e. registering Wups 2.dll and running Bits which showed Error 126. I now have 41 critical updates to download. Can anyone please help. -- andy Recheck your error code. It has 9 characters, but error codes cannot exceed 8. It would also be useful if you identified in the body of the message the error code and where in the install log the error happened....

sbs2008 empty DHCP IPv4 bindings DHCP event 1050
I have this error on Just installed SBS2008 Standard. Found perfect description on google but no fix: ""DhcpServer 1050 22/04/2010 7:05:05 AM 24 Event Details: The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine encountered a network error. The error was: 0x 2. SBS 2008 is the only DHCP server on the network. DHCP is working, I can do ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew from DHCP enabled workstations and the get a new IP as they should. I think I have tracked down the source of the error. If I go to Administrative Tools --> DHCP --> Right Click "Server.domain.loc...

Migrate.exe failure code
Hi, I wonder if you could let me know the cause of this error (277) in the log file below, that I keep getting when I run migrate.exe. I'm trying to migrate lots of users from one Exchange 5.5 site to another in the same Org. Source Organization Name,Source Site Name,Source Mailbox Name,Source Display Name,Renamed Source Display Name,Source Server Name,Destination Organization Name,Destination Site Name,Destination Mailbox Name,Destination Display Name,Destination Server,Directory for PST Files,PST Backup Flag,Setup Auto Forward Rules,Migrate Special Folders,Migrate Proxy Addre...

campaign via mail merge: failure
Hi All, I'm fighting with strange issue in campaign activity that use e-mail merge. When distribute campaign activity, email was sent to only the first member of marketing list. No errors are displayed or traked in trace log. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? My configuration is: CRM 4.0, Outolook 2007 SP1 Many thanks, Luke We are running into similar issues on our mail merge and quick campaigns. The merge does not bring all selected contacts into the merge for email distribution. We have been unable to determine cause and which contacts are being chosen. Any suggestion...

download failure
windos xp error code 0x8007054f need sp2 pjohn wrote: > windos xp error code 0x8007054f need sp2 If the system is already on Service Pack 1 or 1a, suggest you install SP3 NOW as there will be no Security updates for XP SP2 after April of 2010. The below KB applies to both SPs: Error messages when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Service Pack 3 installation did not complete" and "An internal error occurred" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949384 MowGreen =============== *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten =============== bantheche...

DHCP Client service
Hi, I am running an exchange server with a static Ip address. Should the DHCP client service be started or should it be disabled? Thanks On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:50:02 -0800, Vishal <Vishal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am running an exchange server with a static Ip address. > >Should the DHCP client service be started or should it be disabled? > >Thanks If you dont need it, I would disable it. so do i need it since i am having a static ip address. not sure - and its live server so dont want test it "Andy David {MVP}" wrote: > On Mo...

DHCP processing
Hi I am learning for MCITP and I am confused with DHCP processing. I have a DHCP server and a DHCP enabled client. The client obtained its IP configuration (IP address, gateway, DNS) from the DHCP server. What happens now, if I restart the client and the DHCP server is unavailable? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183602(WS.10).aspx says: If the client has a valid IP lease and the DHCP server is unavailable during the client restart, the client pings the gateway. If the ping is successful, the DHCP client assumes that it is still located on the same network where it ...

Failure to Open
Every so often I have trouble opening an Excel file. The file opens, but I cannot see it. I know it is open because the file name appears on the task bar at the bottom of the screen. If I maximize it, nothing happens. All I can do is close the file. Trying to open it again produces the same results and the only solution seems to be to restart the whole unit. Once I restart the unit, the Excel file opens fine. This doesn't happen with any other program other than Excel. ...

failure to launch MS apps
all my MS office 2k4 apps are failing to launch on my dual g4. was working fine one day, they next i get a dialog box reading; Application Launch Failure The application "Entourage" could not be launched because of a shared library error: *.<Microsoft Enourage><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_A E><>" and that is the error i recieve for entourage, word, excel and powerpoint any ideas?? Thanks PS running Tiger ...

DHCP Server
Good morning all, SBS 2003, all patches applied. Just recently DHCP basically stopped giving leases out and some computers cannot connect to SBS server intermittently. Checked all network cables, connections, switch, etc. All are OK. I deactivated scope, deleted it, rebuilt, activated scope, reconsiled, restarted DHCP server, no real errors in log. I have a machine that I am using as a test. My distribution range for the scope is from 192.168.16.1 to 192.168.16.100, with 1-26 excluded and .34 excluded because of a IPNAT error saying that address is in use. I see the D...

CSplitterWnd, CFormView and a debug assertion failure
Hello group- I'm using the following code to set up two views using CSplitterWnd, on the left side is a normal CView object and on the right side a CFormView object with a tab control in it. if(!m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 1, 2)) return FALSE; // CNormalView descends from CView if(!m_wndSplitter.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CNormalView), CSize(100, 100), pContext) return FALSE; // CTabbedView descends from CFormView if(!m_wndSplitter.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CTabbedView), CSize(100, 100), pContext)) return FALSE; <<--- DEBUG ASSERTION FAILURE What causes this er...

DHCP reservations
Is there a way to easily make a reservation from a leased IP address? The MAC address is already there so I would thing it would be sensible to have the option to just right-click on a particular lease and choose reserve or something. Maybe I'm missing something and the option exists somewhere else. If so can someone point me in the right direction? Cheers yaro No. You just create the reservation in the normal manual way. -- Phillip Windell The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft, or anyone else associated with me, including my cats. ...

MAPI Failure
Hi, running XP Pro and Office 2000 (SP1 & SP3 respectively). When in word and I try to use the "Send to Mail Receipient as attachment" sometimes it works although, it can take an age for the Outlook window to appear, and other times it comes up with the following error: Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: unspecified error. Is this a known issue - is there anything I can do to sort it? Cheers, Steve. I installed WinFaxPro a while ago and then started getting this error. Took me a while to make the connection but uninstalling the software did the trick! I...

Failure to Print
I tried printing a spreadsheet but the rows from 73 onwards could not be printed at all. They are not even visible in the Print Preview. Can I know what are the possible reasons? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi courtesio99 Clear your Print Area in the File menu -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "courtesio99" <courtesio99.z8x4a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:courtesio99.z8x4a@excelforum-nospam.com... > I tried printing a spreadsheet but the rows from 73 onwards could not be > printed at...

DHCP failure
Hi, Currently we have a DHCP service installed on a DC. This issues Ip's until 10.10.250.100 (from .1) I want to install DHCP service on another server that will issue Ip's from 10.10.240.101 to say 10.10.250.150. Is their anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks Hello biren, Assuming that the x.240.x.x is a typo, no. You have to make sure, as already done, that they didn't overlap or configure it according to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780311(WS.10).aspx Doesn't matter if you use 80/20 or 50/50. Best regards Meinolf Weber ...

Customer Source failure
Has anyone else had problems viewing the tax updates, service packs and just about everything else on CS? I have had a ticket open with MS for more that 2 weeks and they still cannot resolve the problem. They say they are aware of the problem, and even told me it was fixed once (it was not). I pay a fair amout of $ in maintenance not to be abe to access these documents and updates. Whats the deal? ...

Sa start failure
Would the total size of Info Stores (priv and pub) is now 18+ gb on E2k3 standard... Would being over the 16Gb limit stop the SA from starting ? TIA Its 16GB limit per Store limit. What is the event id associated with the SA not starting? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "_M_" <here@gone.com> wrote in message news:erQsKXRRFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Would the total size of Info Stores (priv and pub) is now 18+ gb on E2k3 > standard... Would being over the 16Gb limit stop the SA from starting ? > > TIA...

DHCP server count against the XP max 10 conenction?
I'm trying to settle a dispute I'm having with someone. According to this MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882): The max inbound connections on XP Pro is 10. We want to run a small freeware DHCP server from a XP Pro SP2 box, with over 10 client PC's on the same LAN. My collegue seems to think beacuse of the 10-connection limit mentioned above, it wont work. I argue that it won't matter because DHCP doesn't maintain a lasting TCP connection. The clients send a broadcast, get a reply, a few other handshaking packets, they get their IP and the chatter is ov...

CDC::SelectObject failure reason
I've created a memory device context and a compatible bitmap, both compatible to the screen device context. Normally, everything is working. However about 1 in 100 times when I call SelectObject to select the bitmap into the memory DC, I'm getting a NULL return. The oldBitmap being returned is immediately being restored after my process is complete, and I can't see anything that would cause this step to be skipped. There seems to be plenty of memory in the system - it show 1 GB of free physical memory. How can this happen - how can I find out the source of the problem? ...

M06 monthly report failure
Whenever I try to run a monthly report, Money suffers a hard crash at the point when it's "Calculating the value of my assets and liabilities". A box appears on the page that says "To view the reports your accounts must contain transactions." and it suggests I connect to my bank to download some. Then the Microsoft Money Error Reporting box pops up and says "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experience an internal error and will have to restart.". After clicking "tell" or "don't tell", Money closes and reopens. Has anyone ...