Can't see printers in directory

Hello,

The shared and network printers aren't showing up in the directories of the
workstations.  On XP machines, the network printer does show, but no shared
printers.  On Windows 7, no printers show.  I need to get this resolved.
Thanks for any help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

0
Mark

Hello Mark,

Which directories are you talking about? How did you add the printers to
the machines? Please describe some more details.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello,
>
> The shared and network printers aren't showing up in the directories
> of the workstations.  On XP machines, the network printer does show,
> but no shared printers.  On Windows 7, no printers show.  I need to
> get this resolved. Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

0
Meinolf
5/7/2010 11:32:27 AM
Meinolf,

On XP, in the Printers and Faxes section of the Start menu, click Add a
Printer, select Network Printer, then go to the end of the wizard to a Find
Printers dialog, and click Find Now.

On a Windows 7 machine, it is a different route and format, but the result
should be the same, where a list of all of the network and shared printers
should display.  Hope that helps.

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello Mark,
>
> Which directories are you talking about? How did you add the printers to
> the machines? Please describe some more details.
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The shared and network printers aren't showing up in the directories
>> of the workstations.  On XP machines, the network printer does show,
>> but no shared printers.  On Windows 7, no printers show.  I need to
>> get this resolved. Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with Access 2007 VBA code? Brad "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:833ACDD1-E21F-4CDC-B8A3-5A68CE70B853@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with > Access > 2007 VBA code? > > Brad Dim fdr As String fdr = Dir("c:\temp\*.*") Do While fdr <> "" debug.Print fdr fdr = Dir Loop This will output all the file names contained in c:\temp to the debug window. Stua...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Printer won't print from Word
XP Installed new cartridges in Lexmark 1200 Poor quality test page Directed to install new drivers - no difference in test page Uninstalled printer and reinstalled - no difference in test page Tried to print Word document - printer appears to work but page is blank Decided to change color of print in "Word" - page still blank Clicked on "find printer" in dialog box Received notice "Directory Unavailable" What now? Have spent a lot of time on this. This doesn't seem to be a Word question. But since the problem started with installing the n...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Active Directory Connector #2
Hi I am running 5.5 and migrating to 2003. ran ADC logfile showing Matched 'cn=6BEF94FF,cn=Recipients,ou= site,o=company' to 'CN=GRIEOD,CN=Users,DC=domain ,DC=com' based on SID. I am worried about these strange cn=6BEF94FF, some are matching cn name to cn name others are not. Should I? Error: Security identifier (SID) for the associated Windows NT account (Assoc-NT-Account) for the mailbox 'cn=26A5C41E,cn=Recipients,ou=site,o=org' could not be resolved. How do I find these mailboxes on 5.5? Ben Hi Ben, What ADC did you run? You should install the ADC that co...

xls file not deleted from temp directory
When ever I zip up an excel file and then view it the xls file stays in the temp directory. This could get out of hand. I tried with a word doc and this did not happen, only with excel on multiple machines and using different excel files. Not sure if its a winzip issue, but excel is the only file affected. Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated. Thank you. I think it's a winzip issue (and user issue). I use winzip 8.0 and if I open a file contained in a zipfile, then it extracts to my Temp folder. If I close the file in excel (before I close the winzip dialog), then winzip ...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

Synchronize Schema Between ADAM and Active Directory...
I need to synchronize some custom schema modifications made to an instance of ADAM (Windows Server 2003 R2) and an Active Directory domain (Windows Server 2008 R2). I am using the LDIFDE utility but I am getting several different error responses (which don't make much sense to me). Is there any documentation that someone knows of on how to do this (the correct way)? I can post what is happening if necessary. Thank you, Jason The ADSchemaAnalyzer tool [1] is a good place to start, did you use that to compare the schema and generate an ldf file. If that does not help y...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Co-worker sees pictures on top of text
I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? Got It! Renamed Normal.dot and let Word recreate Normal.dot. Seems Ok now. "Lee Zard" wrote: > I have a Word 2003 document with many pictures inserted. On my computer the > text wraps around the pictures. When a co-worker opens the same document the > pictures are on top of the text. What setting could be different? ...

Printing fast on a dot matrix printer
How does one print fast on a dot matrix printer without any doule print or draft ourput which does not appear on the print properties when you select Epson dot matrix printer. There are 17 columns in a report that I want to print but without any double printing or printing the same line twice.(I have suceeded in doing that) i.e in quick mode. One could easily do that in lotus1-2-3. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks -- LEARNING MS OFFICE THOROUGHLLY ...

Cannot see typing when composing
When typing text into the text field of a new email in Outlook, I can see the cursor moving, but no letters appear. When I misspell or introduce a typo error, the spell checker underlines the invisible word. The text body has a very faint grid as a background. Please help! J ...

Can't see Credit Card / Transfer category in drop down
I am trying to categorize my account transfers using a non expense/income category. The user guide suggests that I use the Credit Card / Transfer category below the Payee field but the category is not in the drop down. I am using Essential Register. What can I do so these transfers don't get recorded as expenses? "JWH17" <JWH17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F05F8A8-9783-452A-8B14-EC38CAD64D15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to categorize my account transfers using a non >expense/income > category. The user guide suggests that I use the ...

See each of the steping through few rows to see how data gets appe
Hi, I have the stored proceure as bdlow. However I would like to watch how each of the rows is getting inserted to the table Is there any print statement or anything else that will let me see the insertion? Any help is appreciated. Thanks CODE: ALTER procedure machine_hrs_sp AS declare @test table (machine varchar(25), plan_date datetime, plan_hrs int) declare @machines table (machine varchar(25)) insert @machines select '01' union all select '02' declare @days int set @days=0 while (@days < 365) begin insert @test select machine,dateadd(dd,@...

bulk update Exchange 5.5 directory information
anybody knows how to update information in user mailboxes? i have few hundreds in fact close to a thousand users and it is very time consuming if I want to update the phone no, company, etc one by one... is there a tool out there that i can achieve the same result a lot faster? thanks in advanced. me. "admin" <admin@test.com> wrote: >anybody knows how to update information in user mailboxes? i have few >hundreds in fact close to a thousand users and it is very time consuming if >I want to update the phone no, company, etc one by one... is there a tool >o...

Exchange 2007
I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my configurations my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how to do it either. Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is connected and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007. powershell get-mailboxstatistics will get y...

OPOS and Windows printer driver
Hi, what is the dfiference between the OPOS and windows printer driver ? ( unable to get enough info via google ) regards, Karthik Balaguru Got it via google , Thankyou. OPOS was the first widely-adopted POS device standard. It was initiated by Microsoft, NCR, Epson, and Fujitsu-ICL to help integrate POS hardware into applications for the Windows=99 family of operating systems. OPOS uses COM technology, and is therefore language independent. OLE for Retail POS consists of: An architecture for Win32-based POS device access. OPOS is currently deployed on Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98,...