2008 R2.. a way to offsite change password for domain users on vpn

There used to be an admin tool with 2003 and maybe 2008, i forget.. a web
link you could click on to change a domain account's password remotely...

Does this sort of functionality exist for 2008 R2?

What are most doing for this ability.. ie: remote VPN users?

Thanks

Does anyone have any tips on this.. i discovered i could use exchange 2010's
owa interface to change the password.. however, the password change tool
seems out of sync with the domain, because no matter how complex i make the
password, it wont let me change it, but when i use the change password in
windows, it works fine..

"markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Does anyone have any tips on this.. i discovered i could use exchange =
2010's=20
> owa interface to change the password.. however, the password change =
tool=20
> seems out of sync with the domain, because no matter how complex i =
make the=20
> password, it wont let me change it, but when i use the change password =
in=20
> windows, it works fine..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "markm75g" wrote:
>=20
>> There used to be an admin tool with 2003 and maybe 2008, i forget.. a =
web=20
>> link you could click on to change a domain account's password =
remotely...
>>=20
>>=20
>> Does this sort of functionality exist for 2008 R2?
>>=20
>>=20
>> What are most doing for this ability.. ie: remote VPN users?
>>=20
>>=20
>> Thanks

The only one that comes to mind, is using OWA (Exchange web mail), to =
change their passwords, under Options. Exchange 2003 had to be installed =
as a separate feature, but it is included with Exchagne 2007 & 2010.

Otherwise, sorry. I remember something else related to a third party web =
app that will do it, but I don't remember it being natively offered in =
the operating system.

--=20
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & =
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check =
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
0
Ace

Finding messages from a particular domain
I'm trying to find all messages where the From address contains a particular domain (e.g., @microsoft.com). I'm on an Exchange Server. Putting a domain name in the From field on this will only work if it's from someone outside my organization. How can I search for all messages from other users of my Exchange Server? Is there no one here that can help me with this? "Gary Holeman" <garyholeman*NOSPAM*@letu.edu> wrote in message news:O4Ezdw$lDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I'm trying to find all messages where the From address contains a particular domain ...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

best way to do an excluded list
i have a program that generates an excell sheet every week, I want to import that into access and run a query against a list in the database that will take out all of the excluded entries from the excell sheet that I imported in. I then want to export it back into an ecel sheet. Are there any tuturials or good ideas on how to accomplish this? On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:16:03 -0700, GregB <GregB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a program that generates an excell sheet every week, I want to import >that into access and run a query against a list in the database that will...

Envelope Icons Not Changing
Hi, This may sound really silly to a lot of you but I know what I'm talking about and it's mind boggling to say the least. I installed Outlook 2003 recently (well Office 2003 as well) and this is on my home computer. Whenever I reply to an email or forward one the envelope icons do not change. They remain the white either indicating they have been read or not. Does anyone know why or what I have to do to correct this or has anyone come across this before (I totally doubt it). I use Office 2003 at work and obviously it works there but it doesn't at home. Even my Outlook Exp...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

SBS 2008 std and Sql Server 2008 std question
SBS2008 came with Windows Server std 2008 and Sql Server std 2008. I installed SBS2008. I installed Windows Server 2008. I joined Windows Server 2008 to the SBS 2008 domain with a regular user account (I had to make a regular user account in SBS2008 so that when I joined the Windows Server 2008 to it, I would be able to install SQL Server 2008) I then installed SQL Server 2008. My question is this. Do I have to continue to login on Windows Server 2008 as a regular user or can I login to it as the administrator? If I do, will that affect my domain connection to SBS2008? Also, wil...

Printing on PO Changes
We have frequent changes on open purchase orders. Occassionally when we send a change order to a vendor they will re-ship items on the PO that have already been shipped complete. Is it possible through report writer to prevent PO lines from printing if they have been fully received? We do not use SOP commitments on POs, so we have been able to key on the 'Qty Uncommitted in Base' within Smartlists to find the remaining open quantity on PO lines. Could this same key be used to affect printing? -- Jim@TurboChef ...

Password problem #6
Hi, I have created my profile in Outlook 2003. When I had the connection window, I have inserted my Login and Password and ticked the box "Save or Remember my password". But now, my password has been reset and I cannot access to this window to unticked this box. Does someone know the solution ? Thanks a lot. Go to Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> button Next and then edit your account settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "...

THIS_FILE' : redefinition; different storage class while changing setting from /MD to /MDD
Hi, I working in finding out the memory leak in the application which was developed in vc++2005. I am using _CrtMemCheckpoint function to find out the memory leak these function will be working only when the application is in debug mode and the project setting should in /MDD or /MTD . When ever I change my setting from /MD to /MDD I get a compiler error Error 251 error C2370: 'THIS_FILE' : redefinition; different storage class i.e error is at #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE #pragma once static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif ...

Switchboard passwords
I have two switchboard pages. One with options for a user and one with options for an admin. On the main switchboard I have two selections: user and admin. I want to be able to attach a password to the admin selection so that when someone clicks it they will be prompted for a password and then directed to the admin switchboard. Do you have user level security enabled? If not, don't even bother the the Switchboard password. Why? With the database open, press the F11 key. Everyone can get at anything. You can disable special keys like F11; however, even that can be bypassed ...

Is there any efficient way to find a string in a file?
I have a large file. Till now, the only way I know to search a string in it is to load the entire file in memory, and then compare them word by word. It works but also inefficient. Could you tell me a better way? Thanks. hi, If memory is a constraint you can try using memory mapped files. As far as searching for a string is concerned, you might want to consider the boyer moore algorithm. hth gangadhar npk mizi wrote: > I have a large file. Till now, the only way I know to search a string in it > is to load the entire file in memory, and then compare them word by word. > It w...

upgrade path from 2008 home to 2008 full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello, Is there an upgrade path to the full version of office 2008 from the home version or am I stuck with the three licenses I have of 'home'. I need exchange access in entourage and notice I need the full version of office to gain that functionality. In the upgrade eligibilty notes for the full version I dont see any info regarding the home edition. thanks in advance, scott On 3/13/08 1:11 PM, in article ee93c4a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "slowden@officeformac.com" <slowden@officeformac.com> ...

SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
Can a 2005 SQL DB located on a Windows 2003 R2 (32 bit) server be moved to a Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) server? Will the database have to be converted to do this? Thanks, John John, Your Subject and your question details seem slightly out of synch, but here goes: 1. (To the question) SQL Server databases are not server bit aware, so the disk image is the same in 32-bit and 64-bit whether on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008. 2. (To the Subject:) If you move a database from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, the database will be upgraded by the SQL Server 2008 serve...

in word, i want to change subsection 3.2 to 4 and continue
not sure what u call the labelling, but below u can see "3 tools" and then 3.1 and 3.2 etc. I want to change 3.3 to the higher level label (like 3, but in this case 4, and update the number going forward). ################################################### 3 Tools There are several intelligent matrix switches on the market and there are many similarities in some of the products available. Two that will be discussed here are the Gigavue-420 from Gigamon and the NetOptics Director. (The NetOptics products are also re-branded be Netscout.) 3.1 Gigavue-420 Key Feature...

migrating sbs 2008 to sbs 2008
Dear all, is there any way to migrate from an sbs 2008 to an fresh sbs 2008 this question because there is many errors occured with our sbs 2008 impossible to make any new group for receive mails impossible to backup with windows (VSS errors) and some others errors due to misusages of this server Thanks in advance for responses. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CABEB9.41C9C590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable sure, it's essentially the same as the sbs 20...

Author of tracked changes not showing
My colleague is having problems with her tracked changes. When she rolls the mouse over them, the name of the author doesn't show. Is there something that could be turned off? I looked in options but couldn't find anything. She is using Windows 2000. Thanks, Suroor ...

trouble seting up new user account
Hello Outlook 2003 exchange 2003 click on Outlook icon I get directed to use the mail icon in control panel I do so I get a box that wants me to tell if I am upgrading from outlook express....... I never getthat before when doing "check name" I get "there was an error locting one ofthe items neededto complete the operation It may have been deleted" I have done repair on office and, I have reinstall the complete office still the same ant help would be appreciated Dan DeCoursey wrote: > Hello > > Outlook 2003 exchange 20...

Send an Email to Queue User When A Case is Assigned?
Ok, I am beating myself over this one. I am trying to achieve the following: 1.When a case is assigned to Queue an email notification should be sent to the Queue User. Problem: Under the logical user view for the send email rule there is no option for a queue user/owner's email address as a receipient,I do not know maybe I am overlooking something please point me in the right direction.What is the best approach to this problem. - Noels "The Best thing in life is life" using callout you can achieve this. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3....

Best way to take Exchange 2003 install off a DC??
I have a client with Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Domain Controller that's also a GC. What is the best approach to migrate Exchange 2003 off and retain just the Windows 2003 Domain Controller? There is a separate DC in the same domain that holds all the FSMO roles. From what I read, the Exchange server should be moved off, not the DC role. Any thoughts? thanks in advance install exchange elsewhere, move all mailboxes and public folders, uninstall exchange "dude" <dude@aol.com> wrote in message news:uJ$jdZRzGHA.480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I ...

Change mouse to hyperlink
Hi, How to get the mouse to turn to an hand pointing signal on the form, like a hyperlink on website? So when we click (on click property) on that word, access can give us a different form. So difficult to me to explain, but I hope anyone can understand what I mean. Thank you. KF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 ...

Change Notes or Activities of a System Entity
There must be a way to revise Notes/Activities checkboxes of a system entity. How do I do this? I tried revising the xml file, but it doesn't work. If not, the idea of having to recreate every single attribute, etc. is crazy. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks Hi Bernardina, Do you mean that you've created an entity and at the time you didn't select the checkbox to add Notes and Activities, and now you'd like to change those options? If that's the case, unfortunately I'm not aware of any easy way to change it. You need to understand that when you chec...

Trying to change floor plan units to millimeters but does not work
Hi, I want to create a floor plan with millimeters as base unit. I created a new page with the floor plan shape and changed the unit to millimeters in the page properties. However, when I drag a wall to the page, it shows it's length in feet and inches. I can specify the length of the wall in millmeters but it still displays the result in feet and inches. Does anyone have a clue how I can change that? Thanks and regards, Robert Well, I have both Metric and US Unit stencils. I created a Metric Floor Plan, which defaults to millimeters. I changed the Measurement Units to...

Automatic Cost Changes?
Most, if not all, of our franchisees incorporate freight in with the cost of their items on the General tab of the items' properties. I have one store owner who is asking the question of why her cost is constantly changing? She wants it "static" unless she goes in and changes it herself. Her current setup in Store Ops Manger, under File, Configuration, Inventory tab, Cost Update Method is selected to None. Is there anywhere else we should look to stop her costs from changing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Look at the PO options! mt "Wendy_I" <Wend...

GP 9 and SQL 2008
Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server? I also am using Business Portal and FRx. We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months. GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Unless there is absolutely no choice, I would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010) Want to run Crystal and SSRS reports from GP? http://www...