2000 server with BES rebooting and also rebooting 2003 exchange

I work for a company with 5 servers. I'm having a problem with 2
servers in particular.
Let's call them server1 and server2, server1 is the exchange 2003
server running Server2003 and server2 is a BES server running on
Server2000.

About 4 months ago server2 started rebooting unexpectedly, sometimes
every night sometimes it will not reboot for as long as 4 days.
Everytime it reboots it also reboots server1 (exchange server).

My 1st thought was the BB server. 4 days ago I stopped the BB services
and sure enough yesterday it rebooted and rebooted server1.

I've checked for viruses & botware, hardware issues, overheating.

(just to clerify the invironment, I have a Primary domain controller
which is also the file server, secondary domain controller which is
also the antivirus and wsus server, a database server which is also
the print server, exchange server and a BES server.

Any Ideas that can help me out here?
-1
stuckITguy

Queues in exchange 2000
Hi all, Cenario, Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2000 SP3 I have a little problem. By Christmas, we sent christmas postcards by e-mail. For some reason the e-mails where not sent, and stayed in the queue retrying. I removed them from the queue, connector after connector (about 150). Now everytime i restart the Exchange Server, they return to the queue. The person that sent those e-mails, starts receiving the NDR(around 300!!!!) so does the Administrator. This situation becomes painfull, since we have mailbox limits, with those NDR the user reaches the limit everytime. Any ideia how to real...

Cyclic Redundancy Error
Just bought a new box and upgraded to Office 2003. I was singing the praises of MS particularly for the updates to Outlook when all of a sudden it crashed and burned. I've recovered from the blow out but still do not know what caused it. Thus I am moving slowly to make sure it does not happen again. Here is the process, symptoms, and "what I did." The new box is a Hp pavilion 367c, P-4 2.8HT running Office 2003. Also running NAV/PFW as well as Cloudmark SpamNet. Latest versions of each. Copied outlook.pst from old computer which was running Office 2000 With some creative proble...

Outlook 2000 - Installation Problem
I am running Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Home on a laptop and have been doing so for 18 months. I have recently been getting the following problem: 1. When Windows has finished loading, I load Outlook without any problems - loads without problems, including personal toolbars. 2. When I close Outlook - no problems either 3. If I open Outlook again, I get an error message saying "Improper Installation", but it loads OK except that it looses my personal toolbars. When I try to view an e-mail through preview pane, it just appears grey. 4. When I close Outlook, it closes with an er...

Exchange server 2003 smtp queue
Hi! I think I have a virus. I have many messages (email) in the SMTP queue. These are "strange messages". For example : from jkfkdjdf.jkuii@yahoo.com to hyhuiiiokl@yahoo.com The exchange server, naturally, can not deliver and I have a lots of messages waiting. Could anyone help me, please ? Antonio Grasso First, open up any of the message in Notepad. Look at the received header and find out what machine inside your organization is generating those emails. Take that machine off of your network. Second, check if your Exchange server is open for relay. It should not be ...

Upgrade from v5.5 (pervasive SQL) to v8.0 (MS SQL 2000)
Has anyone done this upgrade? I don't think the software upgrade would be a problem but my concern is the database conversion. Can anyone comment whether they have tackle this themselves and if Microsoft was helpful with this upgrade. I have not gone from 5.5 to 8 but I've done many updates from 5.5 and many to 8.0. You've got a few stops in between, as you probably know. Depending upon the data size and how many companies, it's going to take a few days to convert. I would go to 5.5 on SQL Server and then start updating from there to 8.0. Make darn sure you run the...

Right click in Outlook 2000 SR-1
The menu doesn't appear when right clicking on messages. There is no problem right clicking in any aother application or with the Windows 2000 OS. ...

Open Excel 2003 files with Excel 2007
Hi all, I'm having a strange problem with Excel 2007, maybe somebody can give me some help with it. If I open a xls file that was created using Excel 2003 with Excel 2007 it's very fast. If I try to open a file which is already opened by Excel 2003 using Excel 2007 it takes forever, maybe 1 min, to get the "File in Use" message. Is there a way to speed up this? Regards, ...

Resource Availability Graph in Project Server 2007
I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a published Gantt chart is showing. Basically, the resource availability graph is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment. Also, from the Resource center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is shown just as it is in the Gantt chart. The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this resource as having work for that project. Since then the Gantt was edited and published, but the p...

Windows 2000 server exchange 2000 and xp workstation
Ok, I got the snap in and everything but im missing the tab in user propertied that allow you to hide an email address in the global book, along with other protocal restrictions and such. any ideas? You got what snap-in? Did you install the Exchange 2000 Management Tools? Did you install the same SP that is on your Exchange server? Try enabling the Advanced view within ADUC. View, Advanced View. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000
I am configuring my new office computer and cannot figure out how to import my Outlook 2000 files and archives from the old computer to the new computer. The only information I have been able to find is importing Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 - but this does not seem to apply to Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000. These are the steps I believe should work - but don't quite make sense to me: On the new computer: Open Outlook File Import and Export .....Which "action to perform" option will work? None of the options seem to include Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance for your he...

Lansweeper on sbs 2003 premium
Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote them to regular users on their machines. So I saw this software in the internet for free!!! Anybody has done this? any gotchas? Regards Miguel s�nchez "Miguel Sanchez" <santaki2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#M39t$YsKHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their > workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote > them to regula...

Delayed mail is not send from the Exchange server
We have Exchange 2003 on the server and Outlook 2003 on all clients. The users do not use Cached Exchange. When a user uses the "Do not deliver before"-option, the mails stays in the Outbox if the users outlook is closed at the specified time. The server is not sending the mail. As soon as the users outlook is opened after the specified time the mail is send immediately. I've read many posts in this forum and the server should hold the mail and send it at the right time, but I can't figure out why it doesn’t work. Is there a setting on the server that needs to “activat...

Does CRM 3 do anything to Exchange server?
Want to test CRM 3 on a VPC before rolling it out. If I use our existng exchange server for this test, will it do anything to it that would effect anyone not using the CRM product? pretty much no apart form installing a router software. However I would suggest bringing up a test exchange server as you do not want crm to be the cause of an exchange server failure. Unlikely but not worth the risk -- ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Smartbiz" <Smartbiz@discuss...

outlook 2000 locking up
working on msExchange on server with win2000 prof. working on Outlook 2000 on workstations with win98. On 2 of our workstations out of the blue, they will not allow user to create a new message, forward a message, or display the entire message. It locks up their computer requiring a hard boot. Have tried a number of remedies. Ironically, the only one that worked was downgrading to Outlook 97 ...

Quicksell 2000 / Windows 2000
I've been running Quicksell 2000 for over five years on Windows 95 on NEC pentium II 233's, and it runs great. But now, its time to upgrade my hardware, and hence, upgrade my OS. I've been trying to get QS2000 to run on the new machine and I can't get it to run. I have a parallel port dongle for the software, and I've tried installing it too, but I can't get the system up and running. I don't have the original install disks, they were damaged in a break-in 4 years ago. Anyone have any hints for me? Should I just install the demo system and copy my datab...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

outlook 2000 takes several minutes to load
I have a client using outlook internet mail only(no exchange) that takes several minutes to load since about 1 week ago. it runs normal (as far as i can see) once it is loaded. Any reason for the slow loading?? thanks CR ...

Pubisher 2000
I have created a one page document in pub 2000 and when I try to save it it say the following : " The disk is full tying to write C:Documents and Settings. Please save this file on a different disk and /or drive. I have tried to save it to A: as well as on my network drive. I have check them all and I still have plenty of space left? Any suggestions? I really do not want to lose this document. What you will have to do is open another instance of Publisher and copy and paste the information from that file that will not save to the new publication. Publisher is not at all n...

Outlook 2000 #135
I installed Outlook 2000 on a new computer setup as part of the office package. My Internet provider only supports outlook express, so I use outlook express. At startup I get a message that there is not a default e-mail program. That I should run Outlook and set it as the default reader. Is there a way to stop this or uninstall outlook with out removing the other office programs? ...

Exchange limit
I have a client with Exchange 2K that hit the 16G limit. I applied the temporary 1G size extension, remounted the db, and started deleting major amounts of email with attachments. The db size shot up to 17G and shut down while I was doing that. I didn't get to run online maintenance but offline defrag is running as I write. So my questions are: What are the options if the size doesn't come down enough to restart? What could have caused the sudden 1G jump? It's unlikely (maybe impossible) that 1G of mail arrived. Thanks in advance. See http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchan...

Problem with Section Breaks Word 2003
I am creating a Master Document that contains several separate documents. I am trying to separate the subdocuments with Section Break-Next Page, and then have separate headers start in each Section. When I insert Section Break Next Page, and then go to edit the Header, I find that the program has changed the section Break it to Section Break Continuous . When I delete the Section Break-Continous and insert a Section Break-Next Page in its place, the program deletes my PREVIOUS Section Break- Next Page and changes it to Continuous. The Headers disappear at the same time. madd...

Microsoft Office 2000 and XP Outlook
I have multiple email accounts, all pop3 accounts. On XP version of Outlook, I could utilise the Profile function to manage all email accounts separately. I would like to know if this Profile is available on Office 2000 Outlook (can't seem to find it). If not, is there a way to manage multiple accounts separately on Office 2000 Outlook? Thanks! Pagam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have multiple email accounts, all pop3 accounts. > On XP version of Outlook, I could utilise the Profile > function to manage all email accounts separately. > > ...

How do I read copied Outlook 2003 files with Outlook 2002? PLEASE
I've copied Outlook 2003 files from my work computer and need to read them on my home computer. Please this has nothing to do with pst files, I have dragged the email files directly from Outlook 2003 on my work computer to an external hard drive. I have then tried to read the files on my home computer but to no avail. My home computer has Microsoft Office XP Professional Version 2002. I have installed the latest compatibility pack for Office XP Pro ver 2002 but I still can't read my Outlook 2003 emails. If I try to read my Outlook 2003 files with Outlook 2002 then I get...

error saving a new file on server
Hi using Office 2003 and I having a error come up when using the save as comand. " The folder may be located in a unavailable location, password protected or the file name contains a / or \" Saving any other file ie CAD or Jpeg's does not cause a problem, so the folder on the sever is shared And you don't have slashes/backslashes in that name??? Ken Wright posted this: === Kindly provided by Beth Melton one of the Office MVPs:- Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250. Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem. http://support.microsof...

sending in outlook 2000
for some reason i can't send e-mails using outlook2000. i get an error message stating can't find WBB DLL. the source of the problem seems to be something with the address book ... i think. anyway does any one have any ideas. i have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook thanks Is this the W"A"B.dll? If yes, then your Windows Address Book is damaged. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted withou...