[W2K8 R2]Unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

Hi there,

we are unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on our
Windows Server 2008 R2 server.
The error message tells us that a component is missing but which one, we
don't know :-(

Best regards

Philippe Le Page

0
Oriane

You may want to ask them here.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobileactivesync/threads

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Oriane wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we are unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on our
> Windows Server 2008 R2 server.
> The error message tells us that a component is missing but which one, we
> don't know :-(
>
> Best regards
>
> Philippe Le Page

0
Dave
4/26/2010 3:07:58 PM
Hi there,

"Oriane" <oriane@guermantes.fr> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ekhNVDV5KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
>
> we are unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on our
> Windows Server 2008 R2 server.
> The error message tells us that a component is missing but which one, we
> don't know :-(
It is the "User experience" component.

Best regards

0
Oriane
4/26/2010 3:46:50 PM
Thanks for the link Dave

Philippe

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nospam.gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : #V1KQsW5KHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> You may want to ask them here.
>
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobileactivesync/threads
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Oriane wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> we are unable to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 on
>> our Windows Server 2008 R2 server.
>> The error message tells us that a component is missing but which one, we
>> don't know :-(
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Philippe Le Page

0
Oriane
4/27/2010 7:56:35 AM
You're welcome.

--

"Oriane" wrote:
> Thanks for the link Dave
>
> Philippe
0
Dave

Install on 2003 R2 x64
Hello, I had to rebuild my Win Server 2003 R2 x64 box last week that had been running the DPM client for several months. I have upgraded my DPM Server with the latest version 2.0.8851.0 and was able to upgrade all other clients. But I still cannot install the agent on the rebuild machine. Please be aware the machine name and ip address are the same as before but I did have to change the MB which contained the NIC. Could this be the problem? DPM is looking for the old mac address? I am able to install the agent by the manual method. But when I do the PS does not show up on the D...

Microsoft 2003 Tasks
Hi, I've done some extensive searching on this but still can't get an answer or anywhere that even asks the question so if anyone can help or has had the problem in the past it would be nice to hear from them. I am using Win XP Pro and Outlook 2003 with all the latest Service Packs and patches downloaded. I can use Tasks myself without a problem but problems start to occur when I try to allocate tasks by e-mail to a member of my team or they send me a task. I am unable to read tasks sent to me and those who receive tasks from me are also unable to read them. Other team members are ...

unable to access exported address book
I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts. Please help!!!!! I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts in the address book. I wanted to export my address book from one identity to the other. I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type. I saved it. I switched identities. Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to this part there was a pr...

Chart Wizard #6
Where, oh where, has that little chart wizard gone? Oh where, oh where can it be? I thought the 2007 version would be great for charts, but I can't replace an entire series of data in a chart. Below the "chart data range" box it reads, "The data range is too complex to be displayed. If a new range is selected, it will replace all of the series in the Series panel." In the 2003 version, I was able to copy a chart and click on the chart wizard and select/grab the new data, change the heading and have a new chart. I was able to create over 100 charts per book ...

Laptop Client Installation
I have installed the laptop client on a user's laptop logged in as the administrator. The installation requried me set up Outlook, so I set up Outlook as the user while I was logged in as Administrator. The installation seemed to be successful, except that when the user logged on the laptop, he could not see the CRM in his outlook, yet when I logged in as Adminstrator and view his outlook, we could see the CRM in Outlook. How do I fix this? Hi, You will need to uninstall the existing installation and reinstall the Laptop client from the user's login. HTH, Niths "Onetreeu...

Unable to enter Formula into cell
I am working with a table in Excel 2000. Problem: I am trying to enter a formula into a cell, however, what shows up is the actual formula instead of the results. What could be "running" in the background to prevent the calculation? The Calcuation in Options>Calculations is set to automatic. TIA! Kathy L Los Angeles, CA Maybe the cell is formatted as text, do as follows, select all cells where this has happened, format as general, then do edit>replace and replace = with = (replace equal sign with equal sign) to trigger calculation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

SBS 2003, Roaming Profiles and Windows 7
I have a customer with SBS 2003 R2, all workstations running WinXP SP3, and users with roaming profiles. The client wants to introduce a first Windows 7 workstation. Will roaming profiles break for those users who use the Win7 machine or, even if I migrate them to v2 format, will this introduce a nightmare? Can things be made to work if users stick to either the Win7 or WinXP workstations? Does anyone have experience of this scenario, either positive or negative? You can migrate just fine. Once a user starts using Win7 though, they should stick to it. Otherwise you risk the two ...

Import outlook adressbook into a new install of office
i want to import my addressbook from another hard drive on my pc that was my old primary drive. I now have a new HDisk and have installed XP and Office 2000. But i cant find the files when i try to import?? haveing same problem with Express also. Thanks Luther Depending on which mode you are using the addresses are stored in the Contacts folder in Outlook or in a file with a *.pab extension, note you will only have a *.pab if you are in Corporate/Workgroup mode (see Help > About > second line to check mode). To export the Contact folder highlight the Contact folder and then from the...

Cross with POS 2009 and lack of direction from Microsoft.
I've been waiting for this program to come out for a long time, and have been holding back on my own business software decisions because very little information has been released by microsoft sooner. My partner has less information than me, and this seems to be a common theme (if only all partners are like Jeff on these forums.). I have Microsoft CRM and Microsoft RMS 2 in operation currently and was hoping that POS 2009 would create a very nice link to microsoft office accounting, which I could then link with CRM to unify all this data. However it turns out that Microsoft Office...

Unable to "Mail Disable" a Public Folder.
Hi, The Environment: Exchange Enterprise 2K3 SP1 in Native Mode on W2K3 Enterprise SP1 Was migrated from a Exchange 5.5 environment. All remnants of 5.5 and NT4.0 are long gone. The problem: We would like to mail disable many public folders because we need to do a dump via LDAP or WMI of all the SMTP addresses to give to our external mail forwarder/scanner. Here is the problem: If I am in ESM and right click on a folder and them pick all tasks I am prompted for "mail enable" the public folder. This is what I expect. The folder has not been mail enabled. If I then right...

Download link for Windows Profesional x 64
Hi I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Regards Andrey sdandrey wrote: >Hi >I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. >today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i >can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . >Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Ther...

Windows mail (Vista)
Can not open an attachment received with an E-mail. The computer locks up,and I have to go to ctl-alt-del to return to windows mail. The setting in the security tab does not effect this issue. Thanks in advance -- Larry Try a Windows Vista community. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Freontocold" wrote: > Can not open an attachment received with an E-mail. The computer locks > up,and I have to go to ctl-alt-del to return to windows mail. The setting in > the security tab does not effect this issue. Thanks in advance > -- > Larry ...

Open contacts in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
When I open contacts in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 I get a window along with an audio warning that says. Microsoft Office Outlook The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook form instead. Only then does the specified contacts information show. My operating system is XP Pro. Thanks -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://www.giantcompany.com D...

Outlook 2007 unable to open attachments
I have a user running Windows XP Pro, sp3 with Outlook 2007. All has been well. Yesterday she updated her Adobe Reader to v. 9.3 (not sure if that is relevant but pretty suspicous). Now when she receives and email with a .xls attachment she is unable to open it. She gets the message: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\F2E0M??\filename.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. I thought perhaps the security folder under Content.Outlook was full, kind of lik...

SHBrowseForFolder parent window
I'm developing an application in C++ using VS.net. I need a browser to return a folder that the user selects. SHBrowseForFolder seems to do the trick in most instances. I have one place that it fails. During the CWinApp::InitInstance() method the m_hWnd of the main window's parent frame window (GetMainWindow()->GetParentFrame()->m_hWnd;) is not setup yet. The BrowseInfo::hwndOwner requires it. When I create a CDialog at this point it only requires a pointer to the CFrameWnd and it works fine. Any ideas how I can get around this? Thanks, Neil On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:15:20...

startup error code:0x80090006 ,,unable to locate activation code
Today xp computer with sp3 unable to login in user account. get error code:0x80090006,, unable to locate error code.. This computer has been in use for several years .. problem started this morning , was ok when used yester day.. event viewer shows a problem at D\comxp_sp2\com\com1x\src\events\tier2\service.cpp and to contact microsoft. I can only login as adminstrator in Safemode. code:0x80090006 is a malware issue. Run your AV and Security tools -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be ackn...

Remote App in 2008 R2
Hi, We plan to install and configure Terminal Services / RemoteApp functionality on a Server 2008 R2. All our other systems, including domain are running Non-R2 version of server 2008 and some are running 2003. Do you guys see any issues we might face? Is it even possible without losing any R2 functionality related to Remote app in this environment? Also, if someone could point me to a web link with this information that would be great. Thanks. Hello Dragon, You can run Windows server 2008 member machines without any problem in a Windows 2003 domain. Where you have...

SMTP config in already installed crm
Hi all, I have another question, a dev guy is working on a custom module, and needs to configure crm to send outbound smtp to an exchange server. He has already installed CRM at this point (seperate instance and forest then the other problem I posted yesterday) We do not need inbound mail to work, so I think we do not need the exchange router.. I can find no way to configure the smtp server in crm Any suggestions? Thank you! You still need the Exchange Router to send outbound email. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------...

The Microsoft Jet Engine Stopped the process
The Microsoft Jet Engine Stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. How do I get back into the Access Database? I keep getting the above error when I try to open it. The first thing to try is making sure that the database is closed and that no one else is using it. Next go to the folder holding the database file and look for a .ldb or .laccdb file with the same name as the database file. This is a locking file that might be the problem if you are very lucky. If not, the database may be corrupted. Make a copy of i...

w2k3 SBS migrate to w2k8 standard
Just wonder does it works if Migrating from w2k3 sbs premium to w2k8 standard within same domain name. We just need the active directory and domain policy are work fine after migration. Thanks. Yes. Join the Win2k8 to the domain and let AD replicate. -- Chris Puckett This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04208B7C-CCEE-4D97-851B-82EEF4026AE3@microsoft.com... > Just wonder does it works if Migrating from w2k3 sbs premium to w2k8 > standar...

Unable to Delete EM Message Virus not Cleaned
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 Trying to delete and email message from Inbox and get this message: "The item was found to contain a virus that could not be cleaned. For more information, contact your exchange server administrator" Jim Schmidt Jim Schmidt <jschmidt@comnb.com> wrote: > Trying to delete and email message from Inbox and get > this message: Try holding Shift down when you click Delete. -- Brian Tillman ...

Windows 2008 R2 KMS
I've look around for this answer but can't seem to find it. Can a Windows 2008 (or a Windows 2003) KMS server license a Windows 2008 R2 server? I have one of each and my R2 box doesn't seem to be recognizing them. Thanks. Hello Glen, See "Upgrading Existing KMS Hosts" in: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd878528.aspx how to prepare the existing KMS hosts for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do ...

Taste the security package that comes from the Microsoft Corporation
--tkmjpgzpu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tgcaxrven"; type="multipart/alternative" --tgcaxrven Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sohgludrkfplnbne" --sohgludrkfplnbne Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...

Windows cannot find file
Hi, In the open event of my workbook I'm setting the property of Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests to True, then I put it back to False when closing the workbook. But if I shut down my computer with the Workbook open then I open it and click on the icon of my workbook to open it I got the error message Windows cannot find "file name" and bring an empty screen. Is there a way to solve this problem? or is there any place where I can add code to put back the IgnoreRemoteRequests when Excel start loading. Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Unable to find WAB.DLL ????????
Having a problem with Outlook. Can't send out emails from my outlook .... Message :"Unable to update public free/busy data. Unable to find WAB.DLL." -- Trying to determine the structure of a protein by UV spectroscopy was like trying to determine the structure of a piano by listening to the sound it made while being dropped down a flight of stairs Post your version. No current versions of Outlook use the WAB. Why don't you turn off the update free/busy option? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "harry palmer" <rob@aol.com> wrote in message news:QVg3e.2...