Update attribute using ldp

Hi There,

I have written an ldf script which creates few custom attributes and an
auxilliary class which contains these custom attributes.

Also this auxilliary class is part of Users and OrganizationalUnit
classes.

Now I want to update the values to the custom attributes.

How do I do it using ldp?
I can set values for the inbuilt attrbutes without any issues, however
when I try to set the values for the custom attributes I get below
error,

Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Suresh

--
sureshpalani
sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sureshpalani

Can you show the whole error message from LDP? There should be something
more detailed.

You might also consider doing a search using LDP on one of the objects you
wish to modify and have LDP return the "allowedAttributesEffective"
attribute. Check to see if the ldapDisplayName of your custom attribute is
in that list. If it isn't either your permissions are wrong or (more likely
in this case) the schema extensions were not performed correctly.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
"sureshpalani" <sureshpalani.42xi3b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi There,
>
> I have written an ldf script which creates few custom attributes and an
> auxilliary class which contains these custom attributes.
>
> Also this auxilliary class is part of Users and OrganizationalUnit
> classes.
>
> Now I want to update the values to the custom attributes.
>
> How do I do it using ldp?
> I can set values for the inbuilt attrbutes without any issues, however
> when I try to set the values for the custom attributes I get below
> error,
>
> Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh
>

> --
> sureshpalani
> sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Joe
12/9/2009 2:27:10 PM
Thanks for your reply Joe,

Below is the output:

-----------
***Call Modify...
ldap_modify_ext_s(ld, 'OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM',[1] attrs, SvrCtrls,
ClntCtrls);
Error: Modify: Constraint Violation. <19>
Server error: 000020B5: AtrErr: DSID-03152804, #1:
	0: 000020B5: DSID-03152804, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data
0, Att 8a251c8b (rs-Name)

Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid.

Thanks,
Suresh

--
sureshpalani
sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sureshpalani
12/10/2009 1:12:59 PM
Hi

what's the syntax for rs-Name is it a distiguishedName (2.5.5.1)? If
so check that the value that you are supplying actually exists as
an entry in the directory tree.

Lee Flight

"sureshpalani" <sureshpalani.42zcrc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for your reply Joe,
>
> Below is the output:
>
> -----------
> ***Call Modify...
> ldap_modify_ext_s(ld, 'OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM',[1] attrs, SvrCtrls,
> ClntCtrls);
> Error: Modify: Constraint Violation. <19>
> Server error: 000020B5: AtrErr: DSID-03152804, #1:
> 0: 000020B5: DSID-03152804, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data
> 0, Att 8a251c8b (rs-Name)
>
> Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh
>

> --
> sureshpalani
> sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Lee
12/11/2009 10:02:23 AM
Thank you Lee,

Below is the ldif script i am using

dn: CN=rs-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM
changetype: ntdsschemaadd
objectClass: attributeSchema
attributeID: X.X.X.X
attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.1
isSingleValued: FALSE
adminDisplayName: rs-Name
adminDescription: rs-Name
oMSyntax: 127
lDAPDisplayName: rs-Name
systemOnly: FALSE
isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet: TRUE

dn:
changetype: modify
add: schemaUpdateNow
schemaUpdateNow: 1
-

dn: CN=rs-UserInfo,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM
changetype: ntdsschemaadd
objectClass: classSchema
subClassOf: top
governsID: X.X.X.X
systemMayContain: rs-Name
objectClassCategory: 3
lDAPDisplayName: rs-UserInfo

dn:
changetype: modify
add: schemaUpdateNow
schemaUpdateNow: 1
-

Thanks,
Suresh

--
sureshpalani
sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sureshpalani
12/11/2009 12:27:05 PM
Hi

OK so those are your auxiliary class and associated attribute.
The error you showed had you trying to update

 OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM

so you have added this auxiliary class to the organizational unit
above either statically through the schema definition or oragnizationalUnit
or dynamically to the specific instance(?)

Given that the rs-name attribute has syntax 2.5.5.1 it's a
distinguishedName,
what *value* did you try to set for rs-name?

Lee Flight

"sureshpalani" <sureshpalani.4317fc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Thank you Lee,
>
> Below is the ldif script i am using
>
> dn: CN=rs-Name,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM
> changetype: ntdsschemaadd
> objectClass: attributeSchema
> attributeID: X.X.X.X
> attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.1
> isSingleValued: FALSE
> adminDisplayName: rs-Name
> adminDescription: rs-Name
> oMSyntax: 127
> lDAPDisplayName: rs-Name
> systemOnly: FALSE
> isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet: TRUE
>
> dn:
> changetype: modify
> add: schemaUpdateNow
> schemaUpdateNow: 1
> -
>
> dn: CN=rs-UserInfo,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,OU=TestOU,DC=Test,DC=COM
> changetype: ntdsschemaadd
> objectClass: classSchema
> subClassOf: top
> governsID: X.X.X.X
> systemMayContain: rs-Name
> objectClassCategory: 3
> lDAPDisplayName: rs-UserInfo
>
> dn:
> changetype: modify
> add: schemaUpdateNow
> schemaUpdateNow: 1
> -
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh
>

> --
> sureshpalani
> sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Lee
12/11/2009 2:31:41 PM
I was trying to add value to the attribute, both update and add gave the
same error message,

I have added this auxiliary class to organizational unit statically and
I was setting a string to the attribute, ex: ABC.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Suresh

--
sureshpalani
sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sureshpalani
12/14/2009 9:45:08 AM
If the attribute was DN syntax (I think it was), the value you set for the
attribute must be a valid DN that points to an object in the AD. If you want
arbitrary string syntax, you must use an attribute that supports that.
Unicode string is typically the best choice.

"sureshpalani" <sureshpalani.436j3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I was trying to add value to the attribute, both update and add gave the
> same error message,
>
> I have added this auxiliary class to organizational unit statically and
> I was setting a string to the attribute, ex: ABC.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Regards,
> Suresh
>

> --
> sureshpalani
> sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Joe
12/14/2009 2:42:39 PM
Thanks Joe,

I will try changing the attributeSyntax to 2.5.5.12 and give it a try.

Regards,
Suresh

--
sureshpalani
sureshpalani's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162371.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1280298.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
sureshpalani

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

Update question

Merge into same document using different data sources
I have a template file that I use as a mailer. Each week I set up my merge fields and merge from an excel data file. The following week I want everything to look exactly the same but want to merge from a different excel list. I open the publication, tell it to proceed without connection to the datasource (my old list), choose tools, mail merge, use an existing list ... and all of my perfectly placed merge fields disappear! So every time I want to use another list I have to put my merge fields in again. My headers are the same in every excel file so mapping should not be a problem. ...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

how do I locate where a specific font is used in a publication?
When I open a Publisher document, I get the list of missing fonts. I don't remember using those fonts and I'd like to find where in the publication they are used so I can just go ahead and substitute another font and eliminate the "missing" message. This was posted earlier This may be a solution; but even if it works, it seems ugly. Save the pub file as a website You now have a html file Open with a text editor which I believe will identify the fonts used. I feel like I should apologize. <G> -- Don - Vancouver, USA -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ &q...

Change xlstart path
Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points to a network path. I know there is an alternate startup path but that is for XL templates. I need to point to a macro , so that the macro starts up when opening excel. Hope this makes sense. I wouldn't change this setting (even if I knew how). And I wouldn't want you to change it for me, either. Have you thought of just telling people to install an addin: tools|addins and point to that network workbook Craig wrote: > > Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points ...

Dynamic Menu update

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7. What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control. And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are using it and restarting them once the installation is done. Thanks. Hi Varaha, Application Mutex "varaha" <vara...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

Want to connect to web site and xfer/get results using vba
I am looking for a way to put querries in Excel then macro out to web sites and pass or get information. ...

[ANN] Excel X security update

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

WEEKDAY using IF
I have a cell(C27) with the foumula: =TODAY()+1 When I open the file on Friday, it shows Saturday. I want it to show Monday. How do I modify the formula if C21 is Saturday(6), then Weekday +2 My formula that doesn't work is: =IF(TODAY()+1=WEEKDAY(6),TODAY()+3) Am I close??? Joe One way: =IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())>5,TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)+7,TODAY()+1) another, if you have the Analysis Toolpak Add-in loaded (Tools/Addins..): =WORKDAY(TODAY(),1) In article <uqXKY5g2EHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> w...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

Using FV(nper)
I'm wanting to get a future value, but can't find a complete explanation of nper. I'm wanting to set up a 12 month future value but with bi-monthly payments. Would this be accomplished by FV(rate = rate/12, nper = 26) I don't want FV() to calculate 2 years and 2 months of interest. Thanks. -- mathteacher@highschool I think you are looking for: FV(rate = rate/26, nper = 26) where rate is expressed as an annual rate. "mathteacher@highschool" wrote: > I'm wanting to get a future value, but can't find a complete explanation of > nper. I'm wanti...