piping dsquery output to a file

Hi,
I've been given a list of close to one hundred users that need to have their
password reset.  I am planning on using dsmodify to do this.
I only have the users first and last name.  using dsquery user -name
"lastname, firstname" I can get the full DN of the user which I can they put
in a file to run dsmodify.

I want to be able to do dsquery user -name "lastname, firstname" >dsquery.txt

The problem is, that if I do this for the one hundred users I have, it
overwrites the file so that when I'm done it only displays the last user that
I ran the command for.

My question is how can I use dsquery pipe it into a file and have the
information append in the file so that when I'm done I have a text file
containing the information I need for the one hundred users I have to modify?

thanks for your help

0
hjaye

Try this

dsquery user -name "lastname, firstname" >>dsquery.txt

The second > is used to append to the end of the text file.

--
lasmith145
lasmith145's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/233742.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
lasmith145

where is the autorecovery files saved?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I closed a file without saving and need to go back in timemachine to get the autosave file. Where is it and what is the suffix? <br><br>Thanks AutoRecover saves files in the � ~:Documents:MIcrosoft User Data:Office 2008 AutoRecovery: folder. These files are hidden, and their file names starts with "~ar" You can see hidden files if you navigate to the folder above in Finder, type CMD-F, and choose FIle Invisible from the Kind dropdown - if that's not an option, choose Othe...

how to merge a date file into an excel format
You need to be more specific. Write what you want to do in the Message area, and include the version of Excel you are using. Where is the date file coming from? What format is it? Is it in table format? Carole O "massachusetts" wrote: > ...

Named Pipes vs TCP/IP in Citrix Environment
We have about 20 users that connect remotely to our Great Plains using Remote Desktop and Citrix server. When they log in to Great Plains, the login screen, of course, asks them for the server name... the server name they use is an ODBC that we have set up actually on the Citrix server, and it is defined to use TCP/IP. However, when we go into Enterprise Manager on the SQL Server, and view Process Info, every one of these remote connections says it is connected via Named Pipes instead of TCP/IP (like our local users are). Named Pipes IS one of the options available on the server-side in SQL...

Recall a file
I have a file named MasterQuote. A salesman can open it and then insert inputs to generate a quote. He then clicks a command button that saves the inputs to a file named Quotes(varies with the quote). Also a record is exported to a file Quotes Database.xls that has the quote number, date and description. I want a command button in Quotes Database that when clicked will check to see if a Quote number has been selected and if so checks to see if MasterQuote is open and if not opens it then executes the macro RecallQuote. oldjay What do you mean by ....if a Quote number has...

OWA File Attachments Exchange 2003
My Exchange Information Store" dismont when I attach an archive in owa. I have unistalled all antivirus and antispyware software and the problem persists. No problems in Exchange Stores nor free space. No problems when using Outlook/Outlook Express clients. Only with owa. Any ideas? "Alberto" <Alberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Exchange Information Store" dismont when I attach an archive in >owa. >I have unistalled all antivirus and antispyware software and the problem >persists. >No problems in Exchange Stores nor free space. >No ...

No NK2 file?
Outlook 2003 won't create an NK2 file with the frequently used e-mail addresses. No suggestions are made as I type in the address. I have Automatic Name Checking and Suggest Names checked. I tried populating the NK2 file this way: I disconnected my computer from the internet. I opened a new message. In the To: field I entered ALL of the e-mail addresses I frequently use. I click send. I delete the message from the Outbox and reconnect myself to the internet. Now when I open a new message and begin entering and e-mail address suggestions come up as I type. BUT as soon as I cl...

Changing a file name #2
Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I do this (and delete the original file)? Can I do this using MFC? You could use the MoveFile() API or the CRT rename() function (which calls MoveFile() internally). Since you're just renaming the file there's no original file to delete. Mark "hamishd" wrote: > Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I > do this (and delete the original file)? > > Can I do this using MFC? > > ...

Cannot open PDF file that is attached to digitally signed xls file as an object
Hello, I have some payment approval request xls file. In this document, there is a PDF file attached as object (invoice). As long as this document is not digitally signed, I can open the attached PDF file by clicking on its icon or first page preview. However, when first person sign this document, I am no longer able to open it I can only see the icon (or preview). I don't understand why. I just want to read what is in this PDF document, not change its content so it should not have any influence to digital signature. I tried the same in DOC - I attached PDF file as object to wor...

Deliver new email to pst file
If I change the location new email is delivered to by following the instructions below, will this work if outlook is closed? On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list, select where you want to the new messages delivered. Click Finish. Yes, the new mail will be delivered to the location you specify the next = time Outlook is opened and polls for mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

File menu
I dragged and dropped the system "File" menu and it disappeared. Please tell me how I can get it back. I've tried reinstalling and repairing to default but neither worked. Thank you very much! It worked! >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Try View, toolbars, customise, select >worksheet menu bar >and then click reset button. > >HTH > >Ken > > >. > Hi Try View, toolbars, customise, select worksheet menu bar and then click reset button. HTH Ken ...

Excel data not showing when opening file from explorer #2
I try open an XL file from the windows explorer and the XL program opens, but there is nothing shown. If I open XL and then from within XL look for the file everything works. I have tried reassigning the file type to XL, rebooting, and many other things but nothing seems to work. BTW: the files are in a mapped drive, but again opening from within XL works. Any ideas? Hectoriel Try Tools-Options-General and uncheck Ignore Other Applications. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com ...

How do you save something as a doc file?
I am trying to save scores and it is telling me to save as a doc. file, though I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Vanessa <Vanessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to save scores and it is telling me to save as a doc. > file, though I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any > suggestions? What does this have to do with Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Well Brian its it Outlook where I had mail sent to me and it said to save as a doc. file. Considering it came in my outlook mail that would make it a ou...

question related to pipe
hi everyone and specially to voidcoder, i tried the CreateProcess and then created one pipe between those two processes. and i am able to get the data very well but my while(ReadFile(hReadEnd,str,SIZE1,&dwRead,NULL)) { Buffer += str; } is becoming a blocking call can anybody help please Regards and thanks Harshal Sorry, didn't get your problem. Do you want to use it in async mode? In that case try to use overlapped ReadFile() calls. Also note RedFile() returns TRUE even no data actually returned. You may want to check the "NumberOfBytesRead" value: while(ReadFile(...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 files to new install files HOW IS IT DONE???
I used the repair feature in Microsoft 2002 When I opened my e mail program, Microsoft Outlook 2002, all my e mails were gone as were my contacts. There was a box that talked about copying the old file to the new one. Can someone explain how this is done? Thanx Desperate MickeyYak1@comcast.net ...

Synchronization fails, created new .ost file, and ran OST Integrity tool.
After creating a new ost file and the problem was not fixed I ran the OST Integrity tool. The result being that even fewer messages being updated in the inbox. The error listed has to do with the inbox folder, it is [80004005- 501-0-550. This is the same message for the sent and deleted folders. When I stop and start the Information Store, I get no errors and am reluctant to run eseutil on it unless that is the only option. I had the thought of exporting the problem folders and then synch, then add them back in and synch again but the export message counts do not add up. This ma...

VBA for Excel 2000 file is corrupt
Hello, I have a strange thing. There are different functions which are creating some excel sheets, in these excel sheets is temporarily data created and after the create the sheets are deleted. With Workbooks(Substn_WB) Worksheets("temp_KV").Delete Worksheets("temp_CBTYP").Delete Worksheets("temp_XFMR").Delete Worksheets("temp_LINE").Delete Worksheets("temp_DCLN").Delete End With The temporarily data is used for three existing sheets which where before the create and after the create still there. If the excel file is closed by: Workbo...

changing the delimiter while saving as txt file
Dear Experts, is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:845d01c48520$92fc1c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear Experts, > > is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab > characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. > > Thanks in advance And some more links... Maybe you can steal some cod...

dsquery to find account creation dates
Is it possible to use DSQUERY to get a list of when all domain accounts were created (by date)? Are there any dsquery gurus who can tell me how to form the command? Thanks in advance! You can pull that out pretty easy with a VBScript or even with Hyena. I had a VBScript that would pull this as well as account expiration date information. Drop me a line and remind me to see if I dug it up. As a matter of principle I do not like to post code to a newsgroup. Bob "Sumner Paine" <sumnerp@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2tbau6F1th48rU1@uni-berlin.de... > Is it possible...

Open File Dialog box looks like
I saw where a person was opening a file using excel. The regular open dialog box that I am used to was not being used or if it was it looked very different. When they did open it looked more like windows explorer type window and still had their "My Places" listed on the left. How is that done? Thank you, Steven One way to achieve that will be with the following single VBA command: SavePath = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker).Show Micky "Steven" wrote: > I saw where a person was opening a file using excel. The regular open dialo...

Output to excel ==> replace worksheet
Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it to replace worksheet only.Thank's "shiro" <shiro@myname?.com> wrote in message news:umONlZiRIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it > to replace worksheet only.Thank's How about, just replacing the contents of a cell, or cells? Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkBook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) wks.Cell...

Problems with Excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. But know everytime I save I keep on getting this message using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) Deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thanks, J...

Call stored procedure with paremeter output in c#
Hi, I have the next stored procedure in Sql Server 2008: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[GetNumTiquet] @IdEmpresa int, @NumTiquet int OUTPUT AS BEGIN SET NOCOUNT ON; UPDATE ConfGen SET @NumTiquet=NumTiquet = (SELECT MAX(NumTiquet) +1 FROM ConfGen) WHERE Id = @IdEmpresa END If i execute this stored procedure with Sql Server 2008 all is ok. But how can i call this stored procedure with c#? Thanks Paul wrote: > Hi, > I have the next stored procedure in Sql Server 2008: > > CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[GetNumTiquet] > @IdEmpresa int, > @NumTiquet int OUTPUT ...

When moving pst files into 2003 I get extra personal folders
I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and after moving files from two previous versions of Outlook, I keep getting 2 extra personal folders added to my folder list. I can get rid of them using /cleanpst and /cleanprofile. But when I restart Outlook again the 2 personal folders are back. What to do? Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Ken Hapa Molowa wrote: > I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and after moving files from > two previous versions of Outlook, I keep getting 2 extra personal > folders added to my folder list. I can get rid of them using /cleanpst > and ...

merge two publisher files
I use Publisher 2002 (Sp3) and have been asked if I can merge two publisher files. My imediate reaction was "NO". Is there a reasonably painless way of doing this?? Rex Open two instances of Pub2002 (one file in each), add pages as needed and copy/paste from one file to the other. -- John Inzer "rex" <masterone@optushome.com> wrote in message news:4292b455$0$10303$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I use Publisher 2002 (Sp3) and have been asked if I can merge two publisher >files. My imediate reaction was "NO". Is there a reasonably ...

access 03 converted file size
I am migrating from Access 97 to Access 2003. I converted an access 97 file to Access 03 db. the size of the Access 97 file was 7,778KB where as the converted access 03 file size was 2,736KB. When I compared with a db comparision tool for the differences b/n the two db's, it showed a difference in table structure of memo field and unicode compression. My question is: Is the reduced size in the Access 03 file due to unicode compression or due to some other reason. Please some one clarify. What is the reason for the difference in the size of the converted db's. How do I make su...