Permitting certain users to edit GP

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the Group
Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to be
a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).

Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.

Mehds

Please repost at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads?page=1

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com   Twitter - @pbbergs

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
"Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the
> Group
> Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to
> be
> a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).
>
> Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.
>
> Mehds

0
Paul
7/2/2010 12:10:53 PM
Thanks

"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Please repost at
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads?page=1
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci
> 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com   Twitter - @pbbergs
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can allow a certain user to edit GP though the
> > Group
> > Policy Management console? I can only seem to do it if I grant the user to
> > be
> > a member of domain admins. (Using Win Server 2008 Ent R2).
> >
> > Any info is appreciated. Many thanks.
> >
> > Mehds
>

> .

Hide User ID
Does anyone know of any setting within the Dex.ini file or other that will not display the "Last logged in User iD" when logging into Great plains. Since they use Citrix they would not like to see this User ID. Thanks, Dennis. I don't know of a way to change the behavior to not update dex.ini. However, another idea would be to create user-specific dex.ini files. These files would be named dex.ini and would be located in the user's profile folder on the Citrix server machine. They should have a Windows folder in their profile and the dex.ini would be in that folder. ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

Why can't I view the gridlines of a certain column
Guys I don't know how to view the grid lines of Column J, the remaining columns are OK...I tried looking it up on the tools/options/view and unchecked and checked the view grid lines options but it still didn't work out. The borders come out fine when I'm printing, I can also view it while typing and on print preview, there's no problem with that...I just hope I can view the grid lines of column J. Hope you can help me out, its really annoying to see that its the only column with no grid lines appearing... Hi, Have you accidentally set the background colour to ...

Relay not permitted [WildPacket]
This one company when they send e-mail to us it bounces back on them with the following error message smtp; 550 relay not permitted and it also shows them an IP address 199.166.210.101 with some Golden triangle name. The IP resolves to back-mx.golden.net. Where could the problem be? Every body else can send us mail no issues, its only this one domain. Advise please. Thank you The problem could be in their DNS server. Compare 199.166.210.101 with your MX(s). Get their admin troubleshoot the problem with NSLOOKUP -type=mx your.domain.tld WILDPACKET wrote: > This one company when t...

User Account Creation in ADUC/System Manager 2003
Is it possible to give a help desk support person the ability to create Exchange accounts in ADUC without them having the Exchange System Manager 2003 installed? What are my options? Thank you. Melvin Golder Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis mgolder@fhlbi.com ...

Exch 2003 Upgrade
We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. Jim: I would try to rebuild on the Recipient Update Services - both of them. It should regenerate your GAL. ScottM "Jim" wrote: > We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. > Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed > in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. ...

Read only user
In GP 9.0 is there a way to add a user as read only? Limit their security to inquiry windows only. Remove access to all cards and transactions as well as file, tools, etc. Leave only Reports and Inquiry. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Patti Anderson" wrote: > In GP 9.0 is there a way to add a user as read only? ...

Dynamics GP 10 on Citrix slow to exit with IE7
We are running multiple instances of GP10 on a Citrix farm. On some Citrix servers (QA environments), IE7 has been installed. Exiting the application takes 20~30 seconds. On our Production Citrix servers with IE6, exiting is nearly instantaneous. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why? -- Tim Foster We have been seeing an issue where PCs with IE 7 are slow to close and to perform a few specific functions with local installs, so the good news is it is not a Citrix complication. Unfortunatly other than installing IE 7 or telling users a moments pause now and then is calming we hav...

User Access Error #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3E75A.6A944280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have to admit here to a huge blunder.=20 I have installed CRM 1.2 ok, users are in Active Directory. Logged in as the server administrator (active directory entry) rather = than a crm administrator (kind of the same thing really). In the process of creating Business Units etc I decided I wanted to "see = what happens" if I disable the top Business Unit. In this case Microsoft CRM. Nice...

exclude cells with certain criteria
I have a large dataset (over 20,000 rows) with monthly performance of certain companies. column A is the date (A1-A12 january-december for company x; A13-A24 january-december for company y etc.) Column B is the company name(B1-b12 company name x; B13-B24 company name y etc.) Column C is the monthly performance. e.g. c1 is performance of January of company x C2 is performance of February of company x, c13 is performance of January of company y and so on Some companies only reported performance for the months (e.g.) March till december. I want to exclude those companies that didn't r...

Is there a way to list users currently logged into Exchange?
This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility or way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for a 5.5 server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003. The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also doesn't account for OWA connections). Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even script that will do this? Thanks! -------------------------------- From: Greg Slater ----------------------- Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://ww...

blocking a certain domain
Hello Is it possible to inbound block a certain domain or email address in Exchange Server 2003 ? I remember from the Exch5.5 days but it's been a while since I touched 2003. thanks, chrism Sure you can! open ESM\AG\Server\Your Exchagne Server Name\ProtocolSMTP\Default SMTP Server==>Properties\Access Tab\Connection... -- Jammyù�ٴ� "chrism" <chris@no_spam> ���g��l��s�D :#8izDtFuEHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > > Is it possible to inbound block a certain domain or email address in > Exchange Server 2003 ? > I remember from the Exch5....

eConnect Sales Transaction with User Defined fields
I am using eConnect 8.024 to pass a Sales Transaction (Invoice) XML document into Great Plains. The User Defined tags in the <taSopLineIvcInsert> node are not showing up in Great Plains. The custom tag labels that I have set up are there, but their values are always blank. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks for the help. Orrin: Are you trying to pass the User Defined values to populate the SOP10106 table? If so you have to call the procedure taSopUserDefined. I assume you are passing something in for the values: @I_vUSRDEFND1 @I_vUSRDEFND2 @I_vUSRDEFND3 @I_vUSRDEFND4 @I_vU...

Create Annual Budget in MS Money Deluxe OEM Edition 2004
I am driving myself mad trying to create an annual household budget by category/subcategory where I decide how much to budget irrespective of whether scheduled bills exist or not and for a specific period of time e.g. April 1 2005 through 31 March 2006. I would like to be able to compare this on same report with actuals for the same period. Can anyone help ?? Zed "Zed-UK" <Zed-UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F71BB3AA-75BE-4D70-84D8-3E19FE13AE24@microsoft.com... >I am driving myself mad trying to create an annual household budget by > category/su...

Change User Info
Is there a way I can change who the name of the person the product is registered to. For example when I click Help- >About and it is listed as Employee and then the company name. I want to be able to change the Employee field to a specific user's name. Thanks in advance, Kim ...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

New User Group
Is there an easy way to set up a "user group" with the security to only see / inquiry for sales, purchase orders and inventory and Smartlist for these three areas. We use the SOP / POP links as well. We are trying to open up Dynamics to the salesperson to view or check status of a customer order, but not have the ability to change / add / delete information on the customer order / invoice or the vendor purchase order. If you're using GP 10, I would suggest setting up a new role and task just for these operations, so you know exactly what you're giving them access to...

GP 8 Negative Allocation Amounts
Still using GP8....something is causing the inventory items to have a negative allocation balance. It will get corrected when I run the recociliation process, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Synchronizing public contact folder to a folder in user's mailbox
Is there any way i can synchronize a public folder containing contacts to a contact folder in user's private mailbox. I understand that i can do it manually but i need some way of doing it realtime and automatically. Any utility which works well under windows2003/exchange 2003 would be great as well. I need a utility which can run on the server and update a given user's mailbox accordingly. User is running Outlook 2003. Of course i would prefer to do it with Exchange's native functionality The reason i need to accomplish the above is following: I've setup Blackberry enterprise...

not permitted to relay???
I have windows 2003, exchange 2003, sp1 and i have a problem with this domain (andinanet.net) that in some cases show the next message: ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- palban@ciudadceleste.com (reason: 550-srv8.andinanet.net [200.107.9.10] is currently not permitted to relay) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to ciudadceleste.com.: DATA 550-srv8.andinanet.net [200.107.9.10] is currently not permitted to relay 550-through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server 550-in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP ...

Best way for users to forward mail?
I'm having trouble setting up mail forwarding for my clients, and myself to be frank. Forwarding on my Exchange 2K3 is a no brainer. But I have a user that wants to forward all messages to his mobile phone when out of the office. I've been trying to setup my own rule to redirect all my mail to my yahoo account, but it's not working. Is there a trick to forwarding? Are outlook rules the best way for user's to be able to forward mail? Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Mike By default automatic forwarding is disabled on an Exchange server as a secure d...

Excel won't allow me to paste certain Turkish characters.
I need to copy some text with Turkish characters from a Word document and paste into Excel. Excel does not recognise the Turkish charcters and they appear as "?". you will either need o load the Turkish fonts or use Print screen or some other method to copy as picture the section you want to paste. "neil" wrote: > I need to copy some text with Turkish characters from a Word document and > paste into Excel. Excel does not recognise the Turkish charcters and they > appear as "?". ...

Control Apostrophe and Multiple Users
A client of mine is reporting that when he Clicks Control-Apostrophe to duplicate fields from one record to the next he is getting fields from other records that people are entering in the network. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing? I am doing some programming behind the scenes when a new record is created but I am just curious. Does anyone know that algorithm of how the Control-Apostrophe works? This may help in understanding what I am doing wrong. ...

How to synch the same contact to different users blackberry's
How do you set up the system so that a contact may have multiple owners or be shared between several users so that when the users go to synch their blackberry's they will all get that contact's information? Assuming the BlackBerry is syncing based on the Outlook data, and you're using the Outlook client, then, each user would setup a custom filter to identify the records they wanted to sync from CRM to Outlook (so if the standard options....owner, business unit, etc. don't fit the requirements, you may need to use a custom field to get more creative in the filter crit...

Another users account appearing
We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users accessing email through Outlook 2000. We have one user who will sometimes receive another users email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and will have the other account. The account that keeps coming up is the Administrators account. It is always the same account that will come up. We have not been told of any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles on the machine and are running mandatory pr...