New setup vs migration

Assuming that I have an old domain either 2000 or 2003 (with Exchange). The
basic concept is that I don't want to migrate automatically but I want to
setup a new domain from scratch (Windows2008 with Exchange 2010) in order
to avoid all the garbage and to have a cleaner setup. I don't mind recreating
all accounts because I can script this but the only real problem will be
the cliebnts. If you have 10-15 clients, it's no problem but how can you
handlw 100 users in terms of joining them to the new domain and losing their
desktop profile? how can I keep their current profile and avoid joining them
to the new domain? Can I just make the new domain have the same name as the
old and then transfer computer accounts?

Based on what you understood from my concerns, please give some ideas.

0
Andreas

You can use ADMT tool to migrate users, groups and computers to the new
Domain.  It will re-acl the profile and you can keep the same profile after
the migration.
Here is my blogs on ADMT migration:
http://www.sivarajan.com/admt.html

Also, is the ADMT info:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AE279D01-7DCA-413C-A9D2-B42DFB746059&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6D710919-1BA5-41CA-B2F3-C11BCB4857AF&displaylang=en

--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA,
Network+

"Andreas Y" <ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Assuming that I have an old domain either 2000 or 2003 (with Exchange).
> The basic concept is that I don't want to migrate automatically but I want
> to setup a new domain from scratch (Windows2008 with Exchange 2010) in
> order to avoid all the garbage and to have a cleaner setup. I don't mind
> recreating all accounts because I can script this but the only real
> problem will be the cliebnts. If you have 10-15 clients, it's no problem
> but how can you handlw 100 users in terms of joining them to the new
> domain and losing their desktop profile? how can I keep their current
> profile and avoid joining them to the new domain? Can I just make the new
> domain have the same name as the old and then transfer computer accounts?
>
> Based on what you understood from my concerns, please give some ideas.

0
Santhosh

JD Edwards to Great Plains migration
Has anyone had experience with a JDE to GP conversion, specifically the AP history data? I figure we can get the GL COA, GL trx, and vendors over easily. ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Help with setup
Running Windows XP Professional and Office XP Professional. Since I installed SP2 I can't seem to get Messenger 6.2 and Outlook to work correctly. Is this possible or do I need to uninstall Messenger 6.2 and use Windows Messenger. I use POP 3 email in Outlook. Messenger is setup to sign in with my hotmail account. I have Ethernet 10/100 network with 2 additional PC's that I am going to hook up although they are not hooked up yet. I access the internet thru dial up modem. I assigned static IP to network card and setup Outlook to use dialup modem to access email. I also hav...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration help
Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to watch out for when doing a Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration? Any help is appreciated. thanks, Jasonj I would start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&Query=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on Jason wrote: > Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Exch5.5 to 2003 migration error
Hi there, I am in the process of migrating Exch5.5 to 2003. I have a Windows2000 AD running Exch5.5. Just installed the first Exch2003 (joined the existing 5.5 site), changed the ADC agreement so that it pointed to the new Exch2003 server via port 379. Then the Deployment tool asked me to 4 post installation verification tools. All went fine except one: the RecipientDSInteg tool logged error for every single mail enabled user accout. The error message reads: "The user is mailbox enabled and does not contain an account control (msExchUserAccountControl)" No error found in the E...

Failure at Microsoft.crm.setup.common.registerasyncserviceAction
Good Afternoon all-- I was wondering if anyone has seen this when installing Version 4? It is causing the install to fail, and we cannot start the Server through the deployment Management tool. The asyn service should be use by workflow and the asynchronous callouts in CRM 4.0. Are you installing it as an administrator on the local box or you installing it using the domain user account? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 2, 4:37=A0pm, stevejna <steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Good Afternoon all-- > > I was wondering if anyone...

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...