netstat question

Hi,

When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears:

0.0.0.0 and
":"

What is this ?
What mean this?

Thanks and excuse my Inglish,
ZIDAC

"ZIDAC" <ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears:
>
> 0.0.0.0 and
> ":"
>
> What is this ?
> What mean this?
>
> Thanks and excuse my Inglish,
> ZIDAC

Basically, the ":" is IPv6, and 0.0.0.0 is "all interfaces on your machine"
listetning on that port.

Hopefully this will help:

NETSTAT Displays a LISTENING Port with IP Address 0.0.0.0. When you carry
out the command netstat -an, you may receive a display that shows an IP
address of 0.0.0.0 in LISTENING status.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175952

How to read NETSTAT -AN resultsNetstat is a old-school DOS program that
displays all TCP connections on your ... If it says 0.0.0.0 on the Local
Address column, it means that port is ...
http://www.dti.ulaval.ca/webdav/site/sit/shared/Librairie/di/operations/informatique/windows/netstat_results.htm

netstat �aJul 21, 2005 ... Netstat explained. This explains how to and read
Netstat. I had to right click and select all to change the font to white in
order to read ...
http://209.68.45.231/viewcomment.php?threadid=496

Dileep's Blog on Software Testing: Netstat ExplainedJun 2, 2009 ... Netstat
Explained netstat (network statistics) is a command-line tool that displays
network connections (incoming and outgoing), ...
http://entangletesting.blogspot.com/2009/06/netstat-explained.html

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Sorting Question #3
Hi. When I sort a selection by a column that contains blanks the rows with blanks always sort to the end regardless whether I set ascending or descending. Is there anyway to reverse this? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B11"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("M11" _ ), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _ False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2 _ :=xlSortTextAsNumbers Column B contains a either 'X' or '' Column M contains a number and I want the rows with an 'X&#...

netstat question
Hi, When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears: 0.0.0.0 and ":" What is this ? What mean this? Thanks and excuse my Inglish, ZIDAC "ZIDAC" <ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F0F753-F992-4839-A5C1-EF86700EBC28@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears: > > 0.0.0.0 and > ":" > > What is this ? > What mean this? > > Thanks and excuse my Inglish, > ZIDAC > Basically, the ":" is IPv6,...

Hyperlink question?
I'm working with an excel spreadsheet (duh, or else I wouldn't be here). I've set up a few hyperlkinks to related files. However when I click on the hyperlink it opens the directrory in explorer and not the actual file. I'm using excel 2000 if that helps anything. Anyone have any info? Tnx, Dusty Can you give an example of what you want to have in the hyperlink? Let's say the file is in folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures and the name is Sunset.jpeg A1 = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample ...

Filtering question #2
Usually when a filter is on and the data is filtered, in the bottom left hand corner of the screen it will provide you with the number of records found. For example, it may say that the filter applied produced "23 of 391 records found". If this function stops working does anyone know how to turn it back on? Thanks! IL y a des cas connus o� cela se produit, une solution �tant de passer en calcul manuel au lieu de automatique. (dans les options de calcul) Attention, cela signifie que lorsqu'une cellule est modifi�e, les autres ne se mettent plus � jour tout de suite mais qu'...

Questions concerning VBA coding
I recently created a new macro that copies a sheet named Template and changes the name according to the result of cell K2, and then deletes cell K2 in the new sheet. K2 contains the formula... =TEXT(TODAY(),"mm-dd-yyyy")&" ; "&TEXT(YEAR(TODAY()),"yy")&TEXT(TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,0),"###") it outputs something like "12-19-2005 ; 05353" and the code is Sub Copy_Template() Sheets("Template").Copy Before:=Sheets("Template") Sheets("Template (2)").Name = Cells(2, 11) Range("K2&...

Msft. Money 2000 checkwriting question
I am using Microsoft Money 2000, vsn. 8. Whenever I write a new check in the checkwriting feature, the PAYEE is automatically entered into a PAY TO list that enables me to write future checks to the same payee by scrolling to the name & highlighting it. This is a useful feature, but there is a drawback in that some checks are never written a second time to the same payee and the number of payees listed in the PAY TO list is getting longer & longer. My question, therefore, is: is it possible to edit the PAY TO list and delete names of some payees? If so, how is it done? All repli...

NetStat command
Hello, Does anyone know where we can find some sample source code that implements the network command "netstat" on Windows NT? Hopefully, the source code is free. But, we will pay for the source code if necessary. Our development environment is VC++6.0 SP5 on Windows NT. Thanks, Jacques Hello Jacques, Thanks for posting in the group. I don't think there is any source code of this command. The command should use a lot of SDK functions. Which type of information do you need? Here I am glad to introduce some useful links for your reference: http://www.codeguru.com/intern...

Number Question
Hi. I'm using Excel 2007. I have a row with a cell that contains a number, say 4444. I want to select this number and drag down so the following cells below this row and cell with a number with appear as 4444.1, the next row and cell below this as 4444.2, ... 4444.10, 4444.11, and so on, by dragging down the mouse. Can this be done? And how should I format the column? As a number, as general, as ...? I tried holding down the Ctrl key, or the Alt key, but the result was: 4444.1, 4445.1, etc. If I format the column as a number, when I resort, the problem appears after 4444.10, bec...

CreateElement question
Hi, I am trying to add an XmlElement to my XML file: XmlDocument aDoc = new Xml Document(); aDoc.Load("MyFile.xml"); XmlElement el = aDoc.CreateElement("Cim:Attr"); When I append this element to a node, the name of element is "Attr" only. How can I add an XmlElement and recieve the full name (Cim:Attr) ? Yoav. Yoavo wrote: > I am trying to add an XmlElement to my XML file: > XmlDocument aDoc = new Xml Document(); > aDoc.Load("MyFile.xml"); > XmlElement el = aDoc.CreateElement("Cim:Attr"); > > When I append this eleme...

Question about the feature pack
Hi @ all. If I install the KB833621 and KB873262 (feature pack - server components) on the server but not the KB833621 on the client, will the synchronisation work? thx ...

Question About PF migration
Hi All, I want to migrate PF from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I saw that using the PFMIGRATE utility I can create replica on the destenation server, but I can't define which folders I want (I can only define the number of folders) Is there any utility / script that I can use to define list of folders? Thanks, Nir B Greetings Nir We cannt use PFmigrate to do a selective replication but what can be done is the contect replication of selective PF using if its an intra-org pf migration by simply useing Exchange System Manager and right-click the PF you want to replicate and on the...

Off topic question
Which newsgroup should I subscribe to ask questions about newsgroups? What sorts of questions? About the groups themselves? About Usenet? About newsreaders such as Outlook Express (which I see you're using)? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jim Birke .com>" <jimbir@yahoo<notthis> wrote in message news:eELhwFfqKHA.728@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Which newsgroup should I subscribe to ask questions about newsgroups? > > I am subscribed to several newsgroups in msn...

XSL Question #5
<xsl:if test="fTOC[starts-with(@filename, '5')]"> <xsl:element name="Section1"> <xsl:attribute name="titleRef">Section 1 - Section One</xsl:attribute> <xsl:for-each select="fTOC[starts-with(@filename, '5')]"> <xsl:copy-of select="."/> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:element> </xsl:if> I am going through a list of files starting with '5' and placing them under "Section 1 - Se...

ot question
except for being something i need to do in an mfc app i'm working on this doesn't really have anything to do with mfc.... but its as bad a place to start as any other group i watch. i need a kind of generic algorithm to take an array of 3d points that describe a surface, then given two coordinates of another point interpolate the third coordinate on the surface. picture it like you have a set of random latitude, longitude and elevation points, then want to find the elevation of any given latitude and longitude coordinate. (over a small area, don't worry about spherical earth and...

focus question
Hi! I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem excluded it from the system)... the problem is as follows: The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example) while pressing buttons on the keyboard. Please help :) Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret). Thanx. climax! wrote: > Hi! > > I am developi...

2 questions
I have two Excel charting questions: 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead of the left? (and no, the "...crosses at maximum value" checkbox does not make it do this) 2. Can you create an overlay chart with an additional axis with both data series being instacked bar format? I can create on with stacked bar and line, but not two stacked bar ones...they just stack on top instead of being two seperate ones. > 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead > of > the left? (and no, the "...crosses a...