Managed Service Account

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CABBFD.9060E670

I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using =
ADCU/ADAC, how can this be enabled? While i understand using powershell =
is the recommended way to create Managed Service Accounts, i would like =
to know what is the difference in an MSA object that is created using =
GUI and PS.
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CABBFD.9060E670

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><FONT face=3DVerdana><FONT size=3D2>
<BODY>
<DIV>I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using =
ADCU/ADAC,=20
how can this be enabled? While i understand using powershell is the =
recommended=20
way to create Managed Service Accounts, i would like to know what is the =

difference in an MSA object that is created using GUI and=20
PS.</DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT></FONT>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CABBFD.9060E670--

0
Quar

------=_NextPart_000_06CE_01CABBA0.D2EE3B30

Take a look at this article:

http://blogs.technet.com/activedirectoryua/archive/2009/01/29/create-mana=
ged-service-accounts-with-powershell-do-not-create-managed-service-accoun=
ts-with-active-directory-users-and-computers.aspx

--=20
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), =
CCNA
Houston, TX
http://blogs.sivarajan.com/
http://publications.sivarajan.com/

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

  "Quar" <Quar@live.com> wrote in message =
  I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using =
ADCU/ADAC, how can this be enabled? While i understand using powershell =
is the recommended way to create Managed Service Accounts, i would like =
to know what is the difference in an MSA object that is created using =
GUI and PS.
------=_NextPart_000_06CE_01CABBA0.D2EE3B30

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Take a look at this =
article:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><A=20
title=3D"http://blogs.technet.com/activedirectoryua/archive/2009/01/29/cr=
eate-managed-service-accounts-with-powershell-do-not-create-managed-servi=
ce-accounts-with-active-directory-users-and-computers.aspx&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://blogs.technet.com/activedirectoryua/archive/2009/01/29/cre=
ate-managed-service-accounts-with-powershell-do-not-create-managed-servic=
e-accounts-with-active-directory-users-and-computers.aspx">http://blogs.t=
echnet.com/activedirectoryua/archive/2009/01/29/create-managed-service-ac=
counts-with-powershell-do-not-create-managed-service-accounts-with-active=
-directory-users-and-computers.aspx</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT><BR>-- <BR>Santhosh Sivarajan | =
MCTS, MCSE=20
(W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA<BR>Houston, TX<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://blogs.sivarajan.com/">http://blogs.sivarajan.com/</A><BR><=
A=20
href=3D"http://publications.sivarajan.com/">http://publications.sivarajan=
..com/</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =

rights.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Quar" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:Quar@live.com">Quar@live.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:u261p98uKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:u261p98uKHA.5036=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana><FONT size=3D2>
  <DIV>I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using=20
  ADCU/ADAC, how can this be enabled? While i understand using =
powershell is the=20
  recommended way to create Managed Service Accounts, i would like to =
know what=20
  is the difference in an MSA object that is created using GUI and=20
PS.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_06CE_01CABBA0.D2EE3B30--

0
Santhosh
3/4/2010 7:44:34 PM
Hello Quar,

See the following step-by-step how to create a managed service account:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548356%28WS.10%29.aspx

Important is that the option with AD UC should NOT be used as from there
be missing essential attributes.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using
> ADCU/ADAC, how can this be enabled? While i understand using
> powershell is the recommended way to create Managed Service Accounts,
> i would like to know what is the difference in an MSA object that is
> created using GUI and PS.

0
Meinolf

re-enabled account will not let me access system EX2000
I have a mailuser that was disabled about a year ago but never deleted. When you look in system manager he has about 500mb of mail that is required to be looked at, however re-enabling the account still tells me I do not have permission to logon. Exploring to the users account on the M: drive says that the file does not exist. Sending an email to the enabled user comes back as " The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused " Any ideas? Thankyou Grant your account (or whoever needs access) rights to the mailbox and then open it in Outlook. ...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Accounts that do not folow the owners business unit. Why?
Hi, I have done the following: Created an account (Account A) with user A that is in Business Unit A. They have the sales person role which allows for viewing all records in BU A. All other BU A users can see the newly created account. Next I moved user A to Business Unit B. The user A is set to BU B Sales Person which allows for viewing all records in BU B. My issue is this: Account A is visible to User A and BU A users, but not to BU B users. How can I get it like this: Account A is visible to BU B users only and not visible to BU A users. Thanks, Keener Afraid this is a "...

Service pack 4
I am planning to upgrade Ex 5.5 sp3 to sp4 I have downloaded all the files but What to find more documentation or advice aon how to do these easily. It's an old nt 4 server with little space any advice? Make as much free space as possible - then apply. Just make sure AV is updated and you should be good. Once applied run Performance Optimizer and just make sure to set the paths to be the same as current. Then install this if your going to have people using Outlook 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9EA49782-26B4-470E-950C-3CDCFDC27211&displaylang=en ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

Online Services Expired in Money 2007
Has anyone been experiencing the issue where Money 2007 is stating that online sevices have expired? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue other than creating a new file? Thanks, Rick H. On Sep 9, 11:26 am, Rick H. <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone been experiencing the issue where Money 2007 is stating that > online sevices have expired? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue > other than creating a new file? > > Thanks, > > Rick H. This just happened to me starting yesterday. I opened a ticket with Microsoft they said to "...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Bulk Reallocation of Accounts
We want to bulk reallocate a set of accounts from their (various) account owners, to a single account owner (which designates an unallocated account). To identify the accounts we wish to move we have had to write a SQL query which looks at the CRM filtered views. This is because the query criteria are cross-entity and as such we were unable to produce the report in an advance find. The report produces an Excel spreadsheet with the results. My question is how we can use this spreadsheet data to update the CRM data in the background. There are approximately 7,500 records to be updated, so...

web services
Can't see to find any information if Office 2004 incorporates web = services.=20 Can anybody with the full version tell me? On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:08:30 -0500, John T wrote (in article <1051a01c43f56$3d64cc90$a401280a@phx.gbl>): > Can't see to find any information if Office 2004 incorporates web services. > > Can anybody with the full version tell me? What do you mean by Web Services ??? If you mean the Services available through all apps, then it's true. Office does not supprot them. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- ...

income summary account
Hello: A client of ours has spreadsheets of data that need to be converted into account balances (and beginning balances) using Integration Manager. These spreadsheets include separate balance sheet accounts for each monthly period and separate profit and loss account sheets for each monthly period. Here's what I have done and what I have a question on. I have created in their chart of accounts an "Income Summary/Suspension Account" as essentially their Net Income account that receives either the debit or credit of their profit and loss account balances from their profit ...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

MSCRMBulkMai the service service is Stopped: Critic condition.
Hi, I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchange connector.Everythings seems to work find (SBS + CRM) Every day, I get this error in the performance report service: MSCRMBulkMail the service is Stopped: Critic condition. What do you think ? Thank you for your reply Pascal when you srtart the service are any issues reported? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "alambiki" <alambiki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ursK6wSZGHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I use SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 + Exchang...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

MS Exchange POP3 Service Missing
Hello, We are configuring an Exchange 2003 server and just discovered that the Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is missing. Is there a fix for this? If not, how can I install this service without wiping out my current Exchange, OWA and IIS configuration? Thanks Orville Use the Reinstall option when reinstalling Exchange. Make sure you have adequate backups and test before proceeding with such operations. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Orville" <orville@peoplescomputer.com> wrote i...

Inventory Management
Dear All, I am not the best hand @ Excel, so would like your help on this. The situation is something like this.... I deal in timber. I receive logs in my log park. When ever I receive a log in my log park, each log is given a unique number and its details liek the diameter, length, speies, volume etc. are noted down. All these dataare then entered into Excel and maintained there in simple Excel sheet, columnwise. Like this i accumulate thousands of logs. The problem ocurs when i ship out these logs. The logs are not stacked in any order. They are just stacked randomly. So, out of thousa...

Portfolio Manager
When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the subtotals do not add up correctly in the Mkt. Value column. Any suggestions on making the insanity stop? I was told by Microsoft support twice that this was a programming error and would be corrected by November 1, but, of course it wasn't. "flickib1" wrote: > When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value > column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the > ...

How I teste if a Contact has no Account in Workflow Manager?
Hi, I am created a rule who need test if a contact has no=20 account.=20 In the Workflow manager I insert a condition and a test of=20 object condition, but I can't test if a contact has no=20 account, only if the account of the contact is equal or=20 not equals to other.=20 Somebody can help me? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []=B4s Vin=EDcius Hola Vinicius I checked this and didn't get it as well. You could use the sdk creating an userdefiend workflow. Steffen "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Ebay Items: .Net/Web Services/XML Programming
Please take a look. Please do not take offence at my post. They are all competitively priced .... have given up trying to get a dotnet job. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216488037&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216479909&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216478161&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216474944&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMES...