Group Policy Backup

Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

0
Venkat

Howdie!

Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat:
> Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
> machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download
them seperately:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en

There should be plenty of scripting that involves backups and stuff that
work on Server Core, too.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian

Exc 2003 backup server DR
Please advise: Currently I have a single Exchage 2003 server in a 2003 AD. I would like to have a backup Exc 2k3 server running in the same domain (this will have daily restores of the live Exc 2k3 mailboxes on it). How would I configure this backup server so that it could be used as the new live server (when the existing live server crashed) without any reconfiguring of applications, i.e. I would like to rename the backup server and change the IP to the live servers existing credentials and hopefully it would come on line seamlessly! Process to do this: Join the WK3 server to the same domain ...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Backup for Inbox -- Where Is It?
I'm testing backing up my Outlook email messages for when I reformat my machine. I don't want to blow away all the messages. Reading through F1, it looked like I could do an Export to a .PST file and that would do that trick. So I went through the process, and it appeared to say it was creating a file called "backup.pst" in this folder: c:/Documents and Settings/Chuck/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook Then it appeared to go through the process of actually creating the file. But when I went to the folder to locate the .pst file, it wasn't there. When I...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

My Mailbox Policy Isn't Running Anymore
After I ran the DST "stuff" on my Exchange Server the Policies I had set up are no longer running. I had one set up to delete anything in the Deleted Items folder older than 5 days. Again, after the DST install - OS patch, Calendar Rebasing and the Exchange patch 926666 it's no longer doing the deed. I have E2K3 on SP2 Here's what I have found from the Event Logs straight from Microsoft's website: Details: Product: Exchange ID: 9175 Source: MSExchangeSA Version: 6.5.0000.0 Message: The MAPI call 'value' failed with the following error: 8004011...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Suggestions for making backup clone of drive?
I'd like to back up a couple machines with full drive copies for use in case of a drive crash & replacement. I need a program to do the backup and that will allow me to do the restore without building a new system first (i.e. boot from a CD and restore to a bare drive). I've seen Acronis True Image mentioned here. Is that the way to go? Are there other choices? Thanks, Other than Acronis, I would suggest having a look at the following: - Paragon Drive Backup - FarStone Total Recovery Pro - O&O Disk image - Norton Ghost - R-Drive Image -- ...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Restored from backup -transactions glitch?
I restored my Money 2004 file from a removeable disk backup. However, after completing this, I cannot enter transactions. I get the error message "cannot enter this transaction" (for both the check register and for cash expenses). What has happened and how do I correct it? Not sure how the file was restored, if it was read only on the disk (burned to a cd) it may retain it's attribute when pasted to hard drive. Money would not be able to add transactions to a Read Only file. Just a thought, probably a shot in the dark..... <r.sharon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

Factory pressed dvd movies, ps2, psp & xbox backups for sale !!!
We're offering all the latest factory pressed high quality dvd movies, ps2, psp and xbox silvers with factory printed colour inserts at fantastic prices, whether for personal use or reselling. We're shipping worldwide with various shipping methods. For resellers, please contact us for bulk discounts. For a complete list and prices, please email us at movieworld@time.net.my (Please state the type of list that you want and tell us your location as the prices varies for different locations. If you're reseller, please state the quantity you wish to order per shipment and we'll qu...

Backup with Outlook 2000
I run Outlook 2000 under XP-Home, SP2. For a long time I've used the Backup utility from M.S. and it has worked well. Recently, it has stopped working automatically. Even thought I have it set to backup every 5 days, it will only work if I manually go into the utility and tell it I want to "Save Backup." Any ideas on why this would stop? I've reinstalled. Changes made are installing SP2, and also installing Avast! anti-virus which has an Outlook plug in that runs. Could this AV plug-in be the problem? Thanks in advance for help. Michael <mjwsjw@gmail.com> ...

E2K3 Storage Groups
What are advantages, and more importantly, disadvantages to using multiple Storage Groups. I have heard that having more then 2 SG's creates extra CPU load, is this true? The only benefit I see so far is logical separation for use in exchange manager, and that you can point translogs and system path to different locations, if you had different physical drives, I could see this as a benefit. I have a situation where I'd like to do the following -Storage Group for local users - Multiple stores with different store policies -Storage Group for remote users - Multiple stores with diff...

Project Server 2007 Groups not Synchronizing with AD
In my production instance, I have 2 security groups that synchronize with AD. This week, they no longer synchronize. There are no errors. AND, the training instance has exact same setup - the sync works fine in that instance. Any idea what could be causing this issue? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx My apologies. Only one of the 2 security groups will not sync. I removed the AD...

configuring news group in exchange5.5
Hi can anyone tell me as how to configure news group in exchange5.5 server? thanx in advance. gajanan ...

Distribution Lists as Security Grouping
Hello Newsgroup, Very quick question. Why is it that I am unable to use my Exchange DL in assigning permissions to a Public Folder? Setup: Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Thanks .... because Distribution Groups are not security principals, cannot be assigned permissions. .... use Security Groups. If you mail-enable them they get the same functionality as distribution lists as well. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@gmail.com> wrote in message ne...