Group Policy Backup

Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

0
Venkat

Howdie!

Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat:
> Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core
> machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell?

GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download
them seperately:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en

There should be plenty of scripting that involves backups and stuff that
work on Server Core, too.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian

how do I import from a complete vista backup to outlook win7
I have just finished a complete new install of Win 7. Everything went great except I can't transfer my old address book and folders to the new copy of outlook, (Ult 2007). I backed every thing up under Vista two ways, 1st as a complete comp back-up, (all of C drive ) , then files and folders back-up. Each on a separate HD. Import can't seem to find the folders. What next???? Thanks Don't export anything but simply copy over your original pst-file to a folder which is convenient to you. For instance; (My) Documents\Outlook Then reconnect the pst-file via; File->...

Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy
Office 2007 in Options / Advanced / Display. The show this number of Recent Documents is greyed out and has an information bubble which states:- “Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy” I am the administrator and I have no idea how I managed to turn this off. Or what and where group policy is Can anyone tell me how I can turn this back on please? ...

How do I create ranges/groups in excel in a pivot table?
Using the data set below Product Cost A 1 B 2 C 2 D 6 E 7 How do I create a pivot table which groups the costs in costs from 0 - 5 and 6 - 10 and counts them The resulting pivot table would look something like this. Cost Count 0-5 3 6-10 2 Thanks in advance Ciar=E1n You could add another column and use that to categorize your values. Or you could create the pivottable by making the cost the row field and the product the data field (count of product). ...

Pivots: Grouping two fields (year, month)
My pivot table contains two fields I need grouped: "Fiscal Year" and "Fiscal Month." Both field are numeric, not dates. The grouping would be like this: Fiscal Year (2003) and Fiscal Months (9-12) GROUPED WITH Fiscal Year (2004) and Fiscal Months (1-3) Is there a quick way to do this within the pivot? If you group the "months", the table groups all the months regardless of "year"....can't figure this one out. TIA... John, The easiest way would be to have another column in your data table indicating the desired grouping: you could use a formula t...

Routing Group Connection
Hello all, We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip range as one of our other companies. this is causing the obvious problems so we have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other. The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send mail between the servers. We have multiple routing and admin groups all with RG connectors to each server. I want to push mail from server 1 to server 2 via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Add a second NIC to e...

Backups on Front-End Servers
Hi, Are Exchange Information Store backups important on Front-End E2K3 Servers where no user data and no Public Folder data exists? I'm thinking that it is acceptable to just backup the C:\ drive and the System State. Can someone point out a flaw with this approach? Thanks a lot. Mike The only issue would be that if the FE server is also an smtp gateway, it will be creating transaction logs. The solution to that (quite acceptable if you ask me) is to enable circular logging on the FE server only. The BE servers should not have circular logging enabled, but it is fine to do so on...

ms access backup when app closes
Hello all. I would like to offer my users a choice to backup the access database whenever the application closes. How could you do this using mfc and ADO??? Dominic dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello all. I would like to offer my users a choice to backup the access > database whenever the application closes. How could you do this using > mfc and ADO??? > ADO has nothing to do with it (unless you're only backing up certian records). I've not done this, but I'd try: In the document destructor, close the database and throw a dialog. If the user says "Ye...

auto number part of a group
Hi I have a large visio2003 file (sitemap of a current site) in which I want to auto number each item. The problem is that each item is actually a group (made of the same master shape) and I need to auto number a specific element of the group, not the group itself. To be more concrete, each item is composed of two boxes on top of each other, and I need to make the top box autonumbered. I've tried using the Tools->Addons->Number items, but it won't work (either manual or automatic mode) for elements of a group. I also don't want to ungroup the items as that will sever thei...

RUS custom policy to run against the AD test group
We have a requirement to change the email address convention for all users in the company. We want to test this by running against some users that are in a test group. Any assistance in framing the appropriate filter will be appreciated. Thanks, rk In a Security or Distribution Group? (&(objectClass=user)(mailNickname=*)(homeMDB=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of the Security or Distribution Group)) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "RK" <RK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Combining TOP with GROUP BY?
I've got a table like this ModelID - int, primary key MakeID - int, foreign key to makes table SalesRank - int higher = better. ..... other fields I want the 4 best selling models (highest sales rank) for each of the 6 best selling makes. The 6 best selling makes rarely change so I could get away with hard coding them rather than calculating each time. Obviously 6 queries would do it select top 4 * from models where makeid =1 order by salesrank desc select top 4 * from models where makeid =2 order by salesrank desc etc Not too bad efficiency wise as the salesrank only upd...

gwmi and powershell to get group of computers serial numbers
I'm trying to write a simple script to get the serial number of a bunch of machines. I'm new to writing scripts. Here is what I was trying to do: $server = Import-Csv C:\Tools\machines.csv $server | ForEach-Object { $serial = (gwmi win32_Computersystemproduct -computer $server | select identifyingnumber) Write-Host $server Write-Host $serial.identifyingnumber } the machines.csv is a csv file with one machine per line. It doesn't appear to be working though. Any suggestions? > $server = Import-Csv C:\Tools\machines.csv > $server | ForEach-Object { >...

Backup in money 2003
Have just started with money 2003, when trying to backup to cdrw, get error message that I do not have permission to save in this directory see administrator for permission. How do I change this to allow backup to cdrw? There is no administrator as I am the only one using the program. Thanks, Michael See the FAQ on this issue: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#S3Q1 "Michael" <cloudysgt@msn.com> wrote in message news:0a4a01c355d9$2fa766b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have just started with money 2003, when trying to backup > to cdrw, get error message that I do not have pe...

group mailing
Is there any way that I can conceal the individual addresses when I do a group mailing? If this isn't possible in group mailing, is there another way to do it with MS Mail? All of this applies to OE, WinMail and WLMail. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Mo...

2008 backup vs 2008R2 backup
Hi Windows backup for 2008 seems to be different from 2008R2. In 2008 I cannot select which folders/files I want to backup (in R2 I can) Is it just the GUI that is better in R2? Can I somehow with through commands or powershell exclude a folder in 2008 backup or do I always have to backup the whole volume? Tomppa Hello Tomppa, This is a change with Windows server 2008 R2. You can't exclude folders with Windows server 2008 backup. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Pleas...

Option groups causing form corruption
Whenever I try to refer to an option group or option button on a form, whether in a form or macro, the form becomes corrupt and I can no longer view or modify the design. It's as if the form is no longer there. I want to add code based on the option selected by the user. The option group works as far as running basic code based on the response, but if I refer to the option group in another macro, or in a text box elsewhere on the form, I get kicked out, or the form becomes corrupt. I currently have a major form which I can no longer access (yes I do have backups). Any suggestions? ...

Outlook links unavailable with configured group policy
we have a strange behavior with Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server. if you click on an embedded link the installed Internet Explorer 7 opens trying to follow the link but ends in an 'unavaible' error message. if you refresh the page (F5)the webpage will be displayed. through group policies the IE connection (preference mode) is configured to use our usual proxy server through the automatic browser configuration and configured auto-proxy URL using a .pac file I have investigated the user config and found that through this policy the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S...

What are the simple steps to backup exchange 2000 using backup exec 9.0
Hello All I am new to networking and I really don't have much knowledge about Exchange. If some Network Guru can tell me in simple words that how should I backup my exchnage server using BE 9.0, with out going into the HiFi details. I have installed the Remote Agent . Thanks a lot for considerations Hello, You should start by reading this: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266074.htm Part of the document is a bit technical but it's going to show you what you need to backup. Best of luck Ninon "Keen to Learn" <aamirrafique@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:ec...

Exchange 2003 Info Store Backup with Veritas 9.x
I have an 80 GB Info Store. When I was using Exchange 2000 it took < 12 hours to backup the database across the network. We converted to Exchange 2003 in September. It now takes 17 hours to backup the info store. Why is Exchange 2003 so slow to backup? Is there anything that can be done to increase performance? Thanks, Scott There maybe more data travling across the network compared to the past. "stosti" wrote: > I have an 80 GB Info Store. When I was using Exchange 2000 it took < 12 > hours to backup the database across the network. We converted to Exchan...

Shade group headings
Outlook 2010 has been disabled with Shade group headers. Is there any other way of activating or adding this piece of code? This was one cool feature and not sure why MS removed it. Anyone can help answer this? I'm with you on this and filed it as a request quite some time ago (long before any preview release) but it doesn't look like the feature will make it there upon release. You can use the Send a Smile/Frown feature of the Office 2010 BETA to submit your feedback. Make sure you motivate your request in how it can help you and others if they were to (re-)introduce t...

Change option group border to rectangle ?
I have an option group with 3 radio buttons. I now decide I want to convert to independent checkboxes and have the border be a rectangle not an option group. I right clicked but there is no 'convert to' option. when I select the option group, and do delete, it deletes all my controls. I just need to convert the option group border to a rectangle. How? On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:50:03 -0700, mscertified wrote: > I have an option group with 3 radio buttons. I now decide I want to convert > to independent checkboxes and have the border be a rectangle not an option > group. I ...

DPM2010 RC backup of Hyper-V R2 Essentials Business Server Security Server kills network
We have virtualised Windows Essential Business Server across two physical boxes using Hyper-V R2. One of those boxes is running the Security Server (Threat Management Gateway) Last night we started a full Hyper-V-aware backup of the security server to a single Protection Group on DPM2010 RC. As a result network traffic was so severe we had to terminate the backup. We have no issues performing a backup of a 30Gb Exchange Storage group so this increase in network traffic is not normal. Known issue ? Ian If you want to control the network resources usage between DPM...

Distribution Groups #5
For each department we have a distribution group with a e-mail address. Each member of the group have an e-mail address with a mailbox. At the clients, We use outlook with pop3 accounts. With this configuration, when a user sends a e-mail, it was like the group has sent the e-mail, so when it was responsed, the e-mail arrive to every member of the group. Now, we want to migrate to Exchange accounts, but the configuration doesn�t work well. When a user sends a e-mail, the address is his address, so when the one who receives the e-mail answers, it only arrive to that user�s mailbox. Any ideas ...

Change Vista Backup file extension list
Anyone know a reg hack to change the file extensions that Vista backup includes in the automated backup ? TIA ...

Colour Grouping of Columns
Excel 97 Is there a way to colour the columns in a chart depending on their numerical range. For example: Say we have a series of values from 0 through 100 represented in the column chart. I would like 0-25 to be one colour, 26-50 to be another, etc etc. Is this possible? Any advice gratefully appreciated. WSF WSF, Yes, you can do so by setting up various ranges with IF statements and multiple culumns. Please see Jon Peltier's discussions on conditional charting: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...

failed to restore full backup using ntbackup
hi everybody I tryed on my lab inviroment backup my xp (C:) partitian using ntbackup, then I changed ntldr file, the restore didn't work here is the report restore Status Operation: Restore Backup of "C:", Restored to"C: " Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 12/7/2009 at 1:13 PM" Restore started on 12/7/2009 at 1:34 PM. Warning: File AUTOEXEC.BAT was skipped Warning: File boot.ini was skipped Warning: File CONFIG.SYS was skipped Warning: File IO.SYS was skipped Warning: File MSDOS.SYS was skipped Warning: File nag...