Entreprise trusted root authorithy certificates

Hi,

I try to understand how enterprise certificates works. With the
certificates console, on my computer, in Certificates node of the
Trusted Root Certification Authorities node, I have three identical
certificates delivered by the same root authority. I don't understand
why I have three identical certificates. Can somebody explain ?

Thank you.

Chris
0
Chris

Hi,
Are the certificates in your Trusted Root Certificate Authorities node
all from your Enterprise  CA?
Typically when you create an Enterprise CA, it will publish its
certificates to active directory.
If you go to a command prompt on your local computer and type
"certutil" it will usually show a list of the certificates published
in Active Directory.

If you have three different certs in the list, then somehow your
Enterprise Root CA has published three certs. This may be because the
CA was rebuilt, re-installed, renamed, etc.

If you have access to log on to the CA, then you can open up the
Certification Authority MMC snap-in (usually in Start > Administration
Tools) and right click on the CA name in the tree. Go to Properties.
In the General tab, you will be able to see the CA Certificates that
it has published. There should be one.

If you only installed the CA once, and you only published one cert,
then it may be localized to your workstation. Try checking the trusted
root certificate authorities store on another workstation in the
domain, and see if that one has three as well.

If all computers have three certs in their trusted root store, then
check the thumbprints on the certificates against the thumbprint on
the CA MMC Snapin on the CA server. (View Certificate > Details Tab >
Thumbprint)
If one of the three matches the CA cert, then you're OK. I wouldn't
worry too much about the others. You can safely delete them.

Good luck!

On Feb 16, 6:36=A0am, Chris <chrisne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to understand how enterprise certificates works. With the
> certificates console, on my computer, in Certificates node of the
> Trusted Root Certification Authorities node, I have three identical
> certificates delivered by the same root authority. I don't understand
> why I have three identical certificates. Can somebody explain ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Chris

0
AlanW

Remove DC running Exchange from Trust
Hi, We are doing some maintenance on our network. Part of this requires use to remove a remote server from a domain trust. However this server is also has Exchange running. What we are unsure of is how removing the trust will affect Exchange, are there any steps we need to take before removing the trust? Mark ...

set up trust domain
Dear all, I want to setup trusted domain of Windows 2008 R2 for in Windows 2000 domain. for copy files from servers in the Windows 2000 domain to server in the Windows 2008 R2 domain. How to do so? I added an one-way trust, but it didn't work. I should miss something. BTW, the two domain is in the same IP subnet, should I disable WINS on one of the domain? Let all PC/server use the same WINS? Regards, Terence. ...

Trust relationship between primary and trusted domain failed
Hi, Recently we lost a remote site that was setup as Windows nt 4.0 domain with bi-dir trust relationship to the main site and bunch others. When the only PDC failed in this site, we built a new server with windows 2003 and made it join AD domain. Everything is working fine now as far as cross domain authentication, printing etc. However when I try to change the windows account for their mailbox, I get following error. The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Microsoft Windows NT ID No: 0xc00206fc I checked the trust and it's already set to bi-directional. ...

How to add prefix to root element?
i am receiving following xml from one party: #1 <Request xmlns="http://somens.com"> <SomeElement1>Element data</SomeElement1> <SomeElement1>Another element data</SomeElement1> </Request> and before processing want to add prefix to the root element so the document should be: #2 <ns0:Request xmlns:ns0="http://somens.com"> <SomeElement1>Element data</SomeElement1> <SomeElement1>Another element data</SomeElement1> </ns0:Request> trying to add prefix to DocumentElement results in addition another xm...

MSOUTLOOK trusting other programs
Is there a way to tell outlook to trust a program? I would like to tell Outlook to trust word and the add-in (Adobe professional) and another program, called trackwise. I am trying to head off the old message that a program is addressing the address book. I understand this is a safety feature, but I would think there is a way around this feature Only if you use Exchange server and you admin allows... if it's Ol2002-SP3, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to learn how to fix the adobe problem. For more information on the security features, see http://www...

Error 80090325 autority certificate
hi i receve this error when i want use propriety in exchange server pubblic folder certificates chain issued by not reliable authority id 80090325 the error is present after the restore operation of the priv1.edb e pub1.edb can help me please Did the restore of the Exchange DB take place on the same server? Did the cerificates change at all? The error that you've indicated would seem to indicate that the signing chain for your certificates is having a problem. C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 03:37:03 -0700, Pip_italy <Pi...

Can you use AD users from a trusted domain?
We have a domain that the CRM was set up under with users in the AD and we created CRM users from them and this works fine. We also have a trusted domain with AD users and I would like to create CRM users from THESE records as well. Is it possible to do this? When I try to create the user under this trusted domain, it fails. Any work arounds? Thanks. You should be able to as long as it's 2-way trust. Is this within that same Forest? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "AW" <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C453FA36-AE61-41F6-B32F-921C83D5FE...

S/MIME With Public Trusted PKI
I am looking for some information regarding setting up Exchange Server 2003 to support S/MIME when using certificates from a third party trusted PKI such as Verisign. All information on MS site appears to be geared towards running your own PKI. This will not work for me since some people I need to exchange S/MIME messages with are internet at companies which may not trust my CA. I am trying to avoid individual users on my network managing their own Personal Certs which they aquire from Verisign or other CA's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hello Dave, First off E...

Entreprise trusted root authorithy certificates
Hi, I try to understand how enterprise certificates works. With the certificates console, on my computer, in Certificates node of the Trusted Root Certification Authorities node, I have three identical certificates delivered by the same root authority. I don't understand why I have three identical certificates. Can somebody explain ? Thank you. Chris Hi, Are the certificates in your Trusted Root Certificate Authorities node all from your Enterprise CA? Typically when you create an Enterprise CA, it will publish its certificates to active directory. If you go to a comma...

need to remove root element when parsing xml doc or storing in database
i am fetching an xml document with the following structure: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DTCResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2 http://www.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_response.xsd" xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" success="true"> <ActionsResponse accountId="123"> <GetAccountIdsResponse success="true"> <Account id="123" market="UK" /> .... i want to parse the document in my .net ...

certificate of live birth

Trust Center
Microsoft office excel security notices pop up is displayed when I start Excel 2007 to either "enable macros" or "disable macros" I enabled the 3 of them I go to "Excel Options" -- "Trust Center" -- "Trust Center Settings" The "Trusted Locations", "add new location", "remove" and "modify" are greyed out Trusted Locations was okay two weeks ago when I updated to 2007 and added the location paths to my startup files with macros embedded in them. Where do I change the policy for this re...

Which SIde of Trust to run SFO Client
Login onto a CRM Active Directory domain, whether or not its joined to domain, and I can go OFFLINE without errors in SFO. Login to the non-CRM domain which is part of a trust, it does not. But I can add the CRM users to my non-CRM local admins etc, so its showing the trust is working. Does anyone know if CRM SFO should ONLY be installed on the CRM side of a trust and then authenticate against that in order to open the SFO? Does this mean the trust talked about in CRM is only to access resources on a pre-ACtive Directory network? And thus it will not work in the way described? Many thanks...

Gift Certificates #2
Does anyone know why when loading gift certificate information into RMS why the serial numbers default to three digits? The actual serial number on each gift certificate we loaded was 6 digits but the sytem lopped off three of the digits when we checked it in tenders. Were the numbers zero? Just asking because many systems see 0 as a place holder on a whole number system. The ones in the front don't count to maintain number values. -- Elizabeth M. "Tim G" <TimG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86663013-7850-4AC2-955C-AFCE90F9D954@microsoft.com... &...

trust relationsship
for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because of the profiles. Thanks, Raul Rego Raul wrote: > for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning > "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary > domain failed." > Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on ho...

XML Root Info
OK, I am not any closer than I was yesterday. I have an XML doc that need to have this info. <FDXSubscriptionRequest xmlns:api="http://www.fedex.com/fsmapi" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchemainstance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FDXSubscriptionRequest.xsd"> How do I get it in there. I have read all through the attirbute class and even posted a post on here where the person told me I was doing something wrong. How do I change the xmlns and add the xsi: info inthe stream. I have classes set up that I desearialize. Do I just have to copy the...

trusts
I would like to set up one way trusts with exchange I have two different sites currently we use rpc over http for our remote site. Currently the remote site has its own domain name. I want to put an exchange server on the remote site and allow it to still see all the contacts of the larger company but I don't want it to be able to add to the global catolog on the main local exchange server. could you point me in the right direction. -- Mark Roshak Are both locations part of different AD Forests (and thereby different Exchange Orgs)? If yes: - to synchronize GALs between the 2 Org...

XmlException "Root element is missing" on XslCompiledTransform.Load method
When I try to load my xslt i get an xml exception with the message "Root element is missing". The stylesheet works when I preview it in stylus studio, but apparently not in my application. Any ideas what may be wrong? The stylesheet: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" > <xsl:output indent="yes"/> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:apply-templates select="PC"/> </xsl:template> <xsl:template ...

Trusts?
I have a 2K AD with an Exchange 2k3 server. I also have a remote network with an NT4.0 domain. I'd like the clients on the NT4.0 domain to be able to access the Exchange Server via Outlook. Would I have to setup a trust between the NT4 domain and the 2K AD in order for the NT4 domain users to access their mailboxes? We have a VPN connection between the two networks. ...

Error in creating a mailbox on exchange 5.5 says trust failed between primary and trusted domain
I have Exchange 5.5 setup on Windows 2K in a W2K3 domain. If I try and add a mailbox without a primary account assigned to it I get an Error that says The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Now I do have several NT 4.0 domains that have a two-way trust between them and my 2k3 domain. If I create a new account or assign to an existing account I do not get the error. Any Ideas ? Sounds like things are working like they're supposed to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Darryl Burnette&...

windows defrag on the root drive
can the windows defrag mess up exchange 2003? I ran defrag this morning on the drive and now things seem weird... RandyH wrote: > can the windows defrag mess up exchange 2003? Probably not, but I would not do that with first stopping all Exchange services. > I ran defrag this morning on > the drive and now things seem weird... In what way? ...

VbScript to change Access Trust Center to add a Folder.
Running Access 2007 using the old .mdb from Access 2003 my back end is SQL Server 2008. I will be installing Access 2007 onto my users PC. What I need is a script, preferable VBScript, to run, that will add a folder to the trusted location, this folder contains all my databases from Access 2003 and other files. Anyone have a script like that already running? I am sure it wouldn't be too hard, but I am still learning Access 2007. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200906/1 You can just set it in the Registr...

IE8 crashes when trying to view security certificates
Hello, When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8 menu: page->properties https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563 IE8 crashes... Bye, Skybuck. Has to be something with your system. It's fine on my system in both IE8 and Firefox. And, yes, I did page->properties without any crash! Skybuck Flying wrote: > Hello, > > When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8 menu: > > page->properties > > https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563 > > IE8 c...

Certification Resources
What resources are available for the CRM 4.0 certifications? Hi, I used the eLearning on-line training courses provided by Microsoft. -- Laura Barber <If I have helped you in some way, please click ''''''''Yes'''''''' to rate the post. Thanks!> "Sue Ganey" wrote: > What resources are available for the CRM 4.0 certifications? On Aug 24, 12:34=A0pm, Sue Ganey <Sue Ga...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What resources are available for the CRM 4.0 certifications? The comments on these blog ent...

Microsoft Certification Exams Training: Popular Exams 2009
Microsoft Certification Exams Training: Popular Exams 2009 For Microsoft professionals all popular certification exams useful for your career promotions are listed by http://www.pass4sure.nl: * MB6-295 - Axapta 3.0 Enterprise Portal Development * MB3-215 - Great Plains 8.0 Integration Manager * MB4-212 - Solomon 6.0 Installation & Configuration * 70-400 - TS:MS System Center Operations Manager, Configuring * MB6-508 - AX 4.0 Development Introduction * MB6-285 - Axapta 3.0 Sales and Marketing * MB6-513 - AX 4.0 MorphX Solution Development * 70-227 - MCSE Installing, Configuring, and Admin...