Domain Group policy does not work on W7 64 bits

Hi!

I have defined logon message via domain group policy (win2008 level domain.)
Now i do not need that message any more so I defined that policy as "Not
defined".

It workéd fine with W7 32 bits( no logon message any more) but not with W7
64 bits.

What could be the problem with 64 bit version of W7 and group policy and how
to solve it? I am not going to raise domain level as 2008r2 soon.

Best Regards,

Esa Haajanen

Hello Esa,

Are the 64bit machines in the same OU, which setting does it show with rsop.msc?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hi!
>
> I have defined logon message via domain group policy (win2008 level
> domain.) Now i do not need that message any more so I defined that
> policy as "Not defined".
>
> It work�d fine with W7 32 bits( no logon message any more) but not
> with W7 64 bits.
>
> What could be the problem with 64 bit version of W7 and group policy
> and how to solve it? I am not going to raise domain level as 2008r2
> soon.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Esa Haajanen

0
Meinolf
6/18/2010 12:53:04 PM
Hi!

They are in same OU so that policy should work(as it works with 32b W7).
Using rsop I see that those policies are "not defined" as they are supposed
to be.
But still getting those annoyning messages.

By the way this happened after cloning in which  Norton Ghost was used.
I think that registry setting was somehow left to that image(at that moment
that image was captured that policy was on).

The problems seems really be that that rsop.exe says that interactice logon
policies are in "not defined" state but still there is something left in the
registry.

This message is now seen at about 2500 computers so what would be best way
to get rid of it?

Best Regards,

Esa Haajanen

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:09:00 -0700, Esa Haajanen wrote:

> This message is now seen at about 2500 computers so what would be best way
> to get rid of it?

Can you try enabling the policy again, but setting the text to blank?

--
Pozdrav
===========

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

Using Group function with a protected workssheet
Hello. How can I use the "Group" function in Excel to group and ungroup rows in a Protected worksheet. (Can I even do it?) I have tried using the "Allows user to edit range" function, but that does now work. Thanks, Gardner If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the wor...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

Is MSO 2003 able to run on Windows7 64-bit
Hi I am currently running on windows 7 ultimate and would like to run my MSO 2003 for 32-bit version because i am dual booting win XP 32-bit and windows 7 64-bit when I want to open the office in windows 7 it shows "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". Thanks It runs fine. How did you install it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, James ...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

It doesn't work right!!
I have tried to use IE8 for a while now.. but I keep running into a problem. I have a List of Links that I use to check different websites for new info.. when I return to the list, IE8 puts me at the Top of Page.. always. Is there something I can do to fix this. I'd like to be using IE8, but it just doesn't work right. All the preceeding vesions return to my currnet position in the List. I know this maybe a puny fuss point, but I am using IE7 in XP and Mozilla in Win7 to get the performance that I request from my browser. Please contact me if there's a fix!! M...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

Post grouping.
I want't to group posts in my Inbox by "From", but this didn't works correctly, when one user uses two or more names for him. Is it possible in Outlook to group posts by email address? You can add the from email field but I'm not sure if you can group by it. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

multiple recipient policies #3
I have added a new RP for a daughter company the filter is set on the storage group this works fine for the user objects for the entire domain but all of the distribution lists get the new email address as well anyone know why and how to change this? or tell me what I did wrong? thnx If you don't want any mail-enabled groups to get the new email address(es), you can modify the recipient policy to include: (!objectClass=Group) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "chriske911" <chriske911nospam@y...

Date Format Doesn't Work
Vista Business, Office 2007. On one Vista of my three machines (2 Vista, 1 XP Pro SP2) date formatting does not work. I have tried a blank sheet. I have tried the other 2 machines they work both with blank sheets and with the a sheet saved on the problem machine. I have run repair without any improvement. Still the date will not format. With the Ctrl+; shortcut the date appears as set in regional settings. This has occurred (and started) within the last two weeks. (Sorry I don't recall exactly when the problem started. Any suggestions? TIA I'd try formatting the cell as Gene...

How would I set up a machine work log, to keep track of repair?

Joing old domain and new domain.
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the begining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. Any ...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text
Hi Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an exchange server to be plain text? We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible Thoughts? Ian from Canada You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Changing Domain Login
Our sysadmin group changed the domain login for a user because she got married and took her husband's last name, so she can't log into CRM anymore. Is there a way to change her login in CRM? Will changing it in SystemUserBase work? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk There's no supported way to change the login in CRM. Updating systemuserbase directly is the only way to do it; it works fine, but is unsupported. The suppported way to cope with this scenario is to create a new AD account and new CRM user, then reassign all CRM ent...

Order By not working when record source set by vba
I had a continuous form in my database which was bound to 1 query and filtered it based on combo box values. All the fields (apart from the combos) where locked and disabled to make them view only. The form also had labels for each of the columns and if you clicked it, vba code would order the form by that column's data, click another label and it would orderby that column instead. All was fine until i decided that it would be more efficent if the form used different queries for each of the criteria instead of holding all the records in memory and filtering them. That fea...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Making 2008 work like .X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I've got 5 books done in Word .X. I've created over a dozen STYLES. Word 2008: 1) Is there a "book" template -- and I'm really not sure one would be of help since books are text with in-line graphics. 2) What would help me most are Element templates for Front Page, Overview, Table of Contents, Than you, TBC, Aurthor, Chapters, and Appendix. Does 2008 offer this? 3) Is there any way to copy my Word STYLES into Pages? 4) I like all my STYLES on a Toolbar over my doc. Can I populate 2008's Toolba...