Demote DC and DCOM error

I am getting an error message in my event viewer after demoting a DC. The
error states "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <DC_Name>
using any of the configured protocols.

Also, I removed that DC in the Active Directory Sites and Services after
demoting it.  Thank you in advance for the help.

0
Jonathan

"Jonathan Zaldivar" <jczaldivar1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am getting an error message in my event viewer after demoting a DC. The
>error states "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <DC_Name>
>using any of the configured protocols.
>
> Also, I removed that DC in the Active Directory Sites and Services after
> demoting it.  Thank you in advance for the help.

Can you post the EventID#, please?

This error is normally indicative of a DNS issue. Please post an ipconfig
/all of the remaining DC or two of your DCs, please, which will help us
evaluate your configuration.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
11/22/2009 12:18:23 AM
Hello Jonathan,

Have a look into:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245197

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> I am getting an error message in my event viewer after demoting a DC.
> The error states "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer
> <DC_Name> using any of the configured protocols.
>
> Also, I removed that DC in the Active Directory Sites and Services
> after demoting it.  Thank you in advance for the help.

0
Meinolf

Error in 2003 Microsoft Word
Trying to insert clipart- error appears-0X800C0008? What's the solution? See the following for further information. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912675/en-us Hope it helps, -- Brian McCaffery "tj" wrote: > Trying to insert clipart- error appears-0X800C0008? What's the solution? ...

Personal Folder not closed properly error
Any idea what causes this error dialog? "The data file 'Personal Folder' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems." Thanks Usually it's caused by Outlook not completely shutting down properly. Have you had any errors closing Outlook? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Chip G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Error Message about new entity
Hello I have created a new entity within the sales order which is a picklist. I have made the entity available on the form however when I attempt to test the new entity I get an error message that states "Error 'Sales Order' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'new_calltime'. So I have double checked the attribute and made sure it was published however I am still receiving the message. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I assume you added values to the picklist! -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "crysztl" wrote: > Hell...

CHtmlDialog and script error...
Hi everyone. I have a problem. In case I use CWebBrowser, I hide script-error-window by SetSilent. But in case I use CHtmlDialog, I don't know how I can hide script- error-window. How can I hide script-error-window? ...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

Calculate and display individual error bars for individual points
Generally error bars (standard deviations) vary point-by-point in a graph depending on the distribution of individual values for each point. Excel can calculate these separate standard deviations, but there appears to be no way to display them in a graph. Has anyone found a way around this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

Error: Information Store could not be opened
Without a connection, and selecting "work offline", I get this message. "Cannot start MS Outlook the information store could not be opened." Any Ideas? I am runing Outlook 2002. Was the account profile setup with offline storage to your Exchange mailbox? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Al LaRoche" <allen.laroche@langley.af.mil> wrote in message news:0a5501c3b8d1$74b10620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Without a connection, and selecting "work offline", I get > this me...

Error Message #4
can someone give me some help with this error message, 'table security violation', the user has access to SOP, this error message is intermittent. Check if the user has security at the table level denied to any tables. Table level security is checked when printing reports. You must have access to all tables linked to a report to be able to print the report. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics m...

Best way to take Exchange 2003 install off a DC??
I have a client with Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Domain Controller that's also a GC. What is the best approach to migrate Exchange 2003 off and retain just the Windows 2003 Domain Controller? There is a separate DC in the same domain that holds all the FSMO roles. From what I read, the Exchange server should be moved off, not the DC role. Any thoughts? thanks in advance install exchange elsewhere, move all mailboxes and public folders, uninstall exchange "dude" <dude@aol.com> wrote in message news:uJ$jdZRzGHA.480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I ...

Cookies during error handling
In global.asax we handle the application error event by gathering exception info & putting it into a cookie. Then asp.net automatically directs the user to our error page, where we use the cookie to show descriptive error info. Our error page also deletes the cookie like this... //Remove cookie from response buffer, so deletion is effective server- side. if (context.Response.Cookies[cookieName] != null) { context.Response.Cookies.Remove(cookieName); } //Send an expired cookie to the client, to force deletion client-side. if (context.Request.Cookies[cookieName] != null) ...

Rules in Error
How can I determine what this message means? I get the "rules in error" message dialog box in outlook. The dialog box also states that the error is "movecopy, unable to create dest. message". This client has about 20 rules running. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Account demotion
A long time ago, I set up one of the accounts on our computer as a "power user". I would now like to demote it to a regular user. It's been long enough that I don't recall what I must do. Any help would be appreciated. The machine is XP Pro SP3, using welcome screen and simple file sharing. -- Jeff Barnett "Jeff Barnett" <jbbrus@ca.rr.com> wrote in message news:ewrFLDS3KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > A long time ago, I set up one of the accounts on our computer as a "power > user". I would now like to demote it to a re...

error in outlook 2003 #3
i have outlook 2003 and i tried to configure it to receive yahoo mail, but it gives error 0x800cccF4. can anybody help help me with that. ...

Error in transport layer Analysis cubes
GP 10, MS Office 2007 SP2 and SQL Server 2005 SP3 with Analysis Services on one server. When I go into Excel and point to external database and choose Analytical Services, I enter the server name and it connects but then I get this messsage about "Error in transport layer". Any clues as to what else I need to install to get ACubes for Excel to work? This usually implies that you do not have security rights. SQL cubes do not use the SQL user security but they use the windows authentication by default. You may want to give yourself rights to access this first before running the ...

How to perform cleanup after disjoin a DC from a domain.
Hi, Is there anyone can advise what are the steps need to perform after I have disjoin a DC from a domain. Thanks Regards, Beh On 2 Aug 2006 23:06:14 -0700, "hcbeh" <hc_beh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there anyone can advise what are the steps need to perform after I >have disjoin a DC from a domain. Thanks > >Regards, >Beh How did you disjoin a DC and are you asking the question here because it is related to Exchange or did you put it into the wrong newgrsoup? ...

creating users in dc with adc installed
I have 2 2003 domain controllers named box1 and box2, and have ADC setup b/w box1 and my exchange 5.5 on box3. there is a replication b/w the 2 dc. the box1 has the adc installed has the exchange attributes in place for the users Question 1:I am right to believe that users properties in box2 wont have the exchange attributes Question 2: What tool can i install on box2 so i can create users and these users will have the exchage attributes and also perform administrative exchange task for the users in box2. or would i have to do all the task specified above on box1 which has the adc installed ...

error code 800705B4
I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code when trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update won't install sucessfully. -- GIL "GIL" <GIL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FA9B800-2D21-4E18-8513-92AA289BFAD9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 RC on my desktop and I keep getting an error code > when > trying to install a definition update to Windows Defender. The update > won't > install sucessfully. > -- > GIL Jesus! Drop the RC and buy a copy! Th...

How to connect another DC after primary DC down?
I have three server, first DC for file sharing second DC for print server and last server (not DC) for Exchange server 2003. How can exchange run after first DC down? On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 06:25:02 -0700, "Mesak" <Mesak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three server, first DC for file sharing second DC for print server and >last server (not DC) for Exchange server 2003. How can exchange run after >first DC down? Sounds like you didn't make the 2nd server a GC. Would that be right? You can make a DC a GC by ticking the box iN ADS&S, NTDS Settings, an...

OAB errors
Hello, We had an issue where we had a fatal crash of the First Exchange 2003 Server, so we couldn't remove it properly. Ever since we have had issues with OAB and Sync errors. Event ID's 9333 and 9335 on the second Exchange Server. I have tried everything I can to get these to work, Rehomed the Offline Address Book default folders, the RUS, set the new server as Master, Bridgehead, etc.. Made sure that the Mailboxes object pointed to the correct OAB. The odd thing is when I open the properties of the System folders under the Public Folders object, half of them tell me ther...

Visio 2000 : Error (100)
I have Visio 2000 with the latest updates installed. My PC crashed while the visio document was open. Now when I open the document, I get an error message "An error (100) occurre during the action Open File. Visio can not open the file because it's not a Visio file." And I could not open the file. I try deleting the temperory file from the directory, dosent help. Please let me know how do I recover my currepted file. Thanks, John John, I'm sorry, but I believe that your document is no longer recoverable. There is a way to prevent this from happening in the future tho...

the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists,
Hi All, I get following error message when I click delete in my out look menu bar: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Your response is appreciated. Best regards, RJ ...

Demoting SBS.
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to demote an SBS server so that it is not a dc on my LAN but instead acts as member server instead. It holds two of the FSMO roles and there is a normal Windows Standard server that holds the other three, I am installing two new servers to act as dc's but still require the SBS server to be functional because of the Sharepoint Services configuration. On 2/24/2010 2:24 AM, Dave wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to demote an SBS server so that it is > not a dc on my LAN but instead acts as mem...

OWA 440 Login Timeout Error
Ok, I have performed a swing of SBS2003 onto a new virtual box (HyperV R2) and almost everything is working great. The exception is OWA (exchange is working for both internal and external clients (RPC/HTTP & POP3/SSL). In OWA I simply get a "440 Login Timeout" message displayed immediately. Much searching of the internet has turned up much on resetting the passwords for IUSR_server and IWAM_server accounts and I have done this with no change in the OWA problem (it did fix a minor issue with RWW, which now works perfectly). While I don't think it is related, y...

Recipient Update Service unable to see DC?
This morning I created an account and it never formed a mailbox. It seems as though we are now unable to create any new Mailboxes in Exchange. This happens with both new accounts and older ones when I try to create the Mailbox. It says that it was created successfully however at no point it the account able to logon to the mailbox and it does not show up in the mailbox store. I have been looking at how to fix most of the day; everything seems to revolve around the RUS and updating or rebuilding it. I have tried this with no success at this point. I have noticed one thing and it is...