Creating New Infrastructure

Respected EveryOne

In my office we have a Primary Server (192.168.0.52) as a Active
Directory server.A secondary server for stand by(192.168.0.198).We
have internal Exchange mail server (192.168.0.53).And a ISA 2004
server  is for  Edge Firewall(192.168.0.199).There are some
application servers and 150 client computer in our office.
Now what is my questions are follows
1.We are going to open three brange offices in different locations
which are each contain atleast 50 clients.If that we need to connect
this diffent offices client computers  to our main office Server for
Active directory service and application services and internal
exchange mail use. For that we need to create a secondary domain for
this offices
2.We need to give laptop users to access our Application as well as
active directory from outside of our office promises
So what is the best solution to create this infrastructure
efficiantly .Every possible option is useful for me to crate
it.Advance thanks

Thanks & Regards
 P.S.Nawas Khan
0
khan

Howdie!

Am 27.03.2010 15:48, schrieb khan:
> Respected EveryOne
>
> In my office we have a Primary Server (192.168.0.52) as a Active
> Directory server.A secondary server for stand by(192.168.0.198).We
> have internal Exchange mail server (192.168.0.53).And a ISA 2004
> server  is for  Edge Firewall(192.168.0.199).There are some
> application servers and 150 client computer in our office.
> Now what is my questions are follows
> 1.We are going to open three brange offices in different locations
> which are each contain atleast 50 clients.If that we need to connect
> this diffent offices client computers  to our main office Server for
> Active directory service and application services and internal
> exchange mail use. For that we need to create a secondary domain for
> this offices

No, no - you don't create a seperate domain for that. You stay in the
same domain here. You'd need to consider whether you'll place a DC in
the branch office or not in case the WAN link between the branch and the
head office is down -- and think about the consequences and whether you
want a DC there or not.

What you - in any case - need to configure is Active Directory Sites and
Services and configure the site constellation as it is in real life.
That allows AD to tie its replication to a schedule that you create so
that bandwidth utilization of replication doesn't chew up all speed
available. Sites&Services is the way to go. Stay in one domain as long
as possible.

> 2.We need to give laptop users to access our Application as well as
> active directory from outside of our office promises
> So what is the best solution to create this infrastructure
> efficiantly .

Well, that second requirement runs pretty independently in my opinion.
I'd probably try to put a Terminal Server in place and have laptop users
connect to the terminal server and use that app from there. If that
doesn't work for you (maybe the app isn't built that way), think about a
VPN connection from the laptops to the head office.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian
3/27/2010 6:19:34 PM
On Mar 27, 9:19=A0pm, Florian Frommherz
<flor...@LEAVETHISOUT.frickelsoft.net> wrote:
> Howdie!
>
> Am 27.03.2010 15:48, schrieb khan:
>
> > Respected EveryOne
>
> > In my office we have a Primary Server (192.168.0.52) as a Active
> > Directory server.A secondary server for stand by(192.168.0.198).We
> > have internal Exchange mail server (192.168.0.53).And a ISA 2004
> > server =A0is for =A0Edge Firewall(192.168.0.199).There are some
> > application servers and 150 client computer in our office.
> > Now what is my questions are follows
> > 1.We are going to open three brange offices in different locations
> > which are each contain atleast 50 clients.If that we need to connect
> > this diffent offices client computers =A0to our main office Server for
> > Active directory service and application services and internal
> > exchange mail use. For that we need to create a secondary domain for
> > this offices
>
> No, no - you don't create a seperate domain for that. You stay in the
> same domain here. You'd need to consider whether you'll place a DC in
> the branch office or not in case the WAN link between the branch and the
> head office is down -- and think about the consequences and whether you
> want a DC there or not.
>
> What you - in any case - need to configure is Active Directory Sites and
> Services and configure the site constellation as it is in real life.
> That allows AD to tie its replication to a schedule that you create so
> that bandwidth utilization of replication doesn't chew up all speed
> available. Sites&Services is the way to go. Stay in one domain as long
> as possible.
>
> > 2.We need to give laptop users to access our Application as well as
> > active directory from outside of our office promises
> > So what is the best solution to create this infrastructure
> > efficiantly .
>
> Well, that second requirement runs pretty independently in my opinion.
> I'd probably try to put a Terminal Server in place and have laptop users
> connect to the terminal server and use that app from there. If that
> doesn't work for you (maybe the app isn't built that way), think about a
> VPN connection from the laptops to the head office.
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

Hi

Yes,we must place a DC in every branch office.But what i need to know
means how could we do it in a best manner.So that it is working very
effectively.any best articals or way to do it .I mean creating a
chield domain or Sub domain Or connecting it with a VPN or Broad band
line Or leased line with this offices.How to make this secondary
domain.

The second think is how do to it in VPN or Terminal Server for
application users.

Thanks & Regards

Nawas Khan
0
khan
3/28/2010 5:32:15 AM
Howdie!

Am 28.03.2010 07:32, schrieb khan:
> Yes,we must place a DC in every branch office.But what i need to know
> means how could we do it in a best manner.So that it is working very
> effectively.any best articals or way to do it .I mean creating a
> chield domain or Sub domain Or connecting it with a VPN or Broad band
> line Or leased line with this offices.How to make this secondary
> domain.

You *must* place a DC in those branch offices? Is that a requirement? AD
and clients can work without a DC in all those branches if you have
Active Directory Sites and Services setup correctly. DC-less sites will
be "covered" by DCs from other sites. You don't necessarily have to put
a DC in every site you have clients in.

Again, I would NOT create another domain for those sites or even for
every site a single domain. Leave that alone. It create more hassle and
a huge management and resource overhead. Evaluate whether or not you
really *need* a DC in all sites and, if so, put a machine into those
sites and promote them to a new DC in the already existing domain.
Exchange, clients and applications love that. Only create a new domain
if regulations and password policies force you to do so.

Cheers,
Florian
0
Florian

create a roster

Task Create - Status

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Creating an ad book

8000 Watt Generator - NEW
Still in box. Bought from Home Depot last year and never got around to hooking it up. Paid $1,300 for it. Will sell for $1,000 negotiable. Made by Devilbiss - 14 HP Briggs & Straton engine. Never even taken out of the box!!! Email pmassey at nc dot rr dot com for more details. ...

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Access unable to create an MDE