ADFS basics

Hey all,
  I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter.  In essence
I would like to use AD as my source of truth.  Unfortunately, I'm having some
issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot.  One super basic question,
the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a
default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist.  Question 1:
How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd
like to perform?  It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether
to pop a logon screen or go through a logoff sequence.
Question 2:
Am I able to customize the length of the cookie being assigned in a SSO
session when using this approach?  If so, where is that set?  My original
guess was web.config but I'd rather not guess and mess something else up.
Question 3:
Any way I can make the logon screen accept just a user name as opposed to
domain\username?
Thanks for help on any of these 3 questions.

I'm not sure how much support you are going to find on ADFS in this
NewsGroup.  I know I don't have any and this forum is slowly being moved
over to:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads

I would suggest you consider reposting this at the forum:
activedir.org

I think you would have the best chance of finding folks who could help with
this.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com   Twitter - @pbbergs

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups.  This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
> Hey all,
>  I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter.  In
> essence
> I would like to use AD as my source of truth.  Unfortunately, I'm having
> some
> issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot.  One super basic
> question,
> the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has
> default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist.  Question 1:
> How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd
> like to perform?  It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know
> whether
> to pop a logon screen or go through a logoff sequence.
> Question 2:
> Am I able to customize the length of the cookie being assigned in a SSO
> session when using this approach?  If so, where is that set?  My original
> guess was web.config but I'd rather not guess and mess something else up.
> Question 3:
> Any way I can make the logon screen accept just a user name as opposed to
> domain\username?
> Thanks for help on any of these 3 questions.

Paul

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

ADFS Client
Can anyone please give me ponters on how to write custom app to talk to ADFS? -- Thanks all in advance (I dont'''' post thank you messages ;>) ...

Really basic formula
Hi, I am having trouble with what I am sure is a very simple formula: I want a formula to enter a number into cell B1 when I enter a number into cell B2, eg B2 = 5, and I want B1 to display 1005, with the range being from 1-501 that I will enter into B2, displaying in B1 1001-100501. I entered =if(B2=1,1001), which of course won't change as the data changes...... Thank you, On Jul 4, 7:12 pm, BB <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble with what I am sure is a very simple formula: > I want a formula to enter a number into cell B1 when I enter a >nu...

How to apply OFFSET as the range in a basic 'Copy' process...
Simply looking to understand how to properly apply the offset command to identify a range in VBA coding. The respective portion of my 'improper' code is shown below. What should the 'Range("...' line of code be? Thanks! Sub PivotConcept() Sheets("Pivots").Select Range("(OFFSET(R12C8,7,6,3,2)").Select Selection.Copy .. .. .. End Sub Range("H12").Offset(7,6).Resize(3,2).Copy -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "cdavidson" <cdavidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

MFC Basics
Hello Group. I'm starting with MFC then I have a question I first try to make a simple login. But when login OK I want to system open another dialog How to make this like a Dialog.Show() ?? What commands I need to use to open another dialog ? Regards Smith You can open the second dialog the same way as you did the first one. If you want the first dialog to hang around, open it in its OK hander. You can use DoModal to open a modal dialog. For modeless, you can use ShowWindow to show/hide the dialog. --------- Ajay kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Leo Smith wrote: > Hello Group. > ...

Password Needed in Visual Basic templates?
Hi, When I open Visual Basic in Excel, I see .XLAs in the left column, and = all but VBAProject cannot be expanded/opened without a password? This is = the first time I tried to open these since I installed Office 2003, and = I never have set up a password. Are these supposed to be protected, and = if so, why? If not, does anyone know how to open them, or remove the security from = them? ...

Steps for SAML ADFS Scenario
Hi, I've seen steps for configuring SharePoint 2007 to Rely on a Federation Server for claims based identities. But in that scenario, the Federation Server was configured to trust another Federation Server. Does anyone have any reference documents if the Federation Server would be configured to trust a SAML IdP? In the long term, I probably want to be able to configure that IdP to also trust a Federation Server, but for the short term, I just need to know how to get ADFS to trust a SAML based IdP. Thanks. Patrick Markiewicz ...

Help with basic workflow........please
Hi There I am looking at creating a basic workflow (initially anyway). What I want to be able to do is if any details on the contact records changes to then a email is automatically sent to the record owner telling them that info has changed. It would be good to include in the email subject the account name and the contacts name? Is there anyone that could get me started maybe? Thanks in advance Kind Regards Peter What you need is not a Workflow but rather a Callout. A Workflow can handle one of these 4 triggers: Create, Manual, Reassign and Status Change. None of these are triggere...

visual basic macro needed for excel
I need a macro that takes the first ten cells, the second ten cells, and the last ten cells in each row, and transposes them to a COLUMN in sheet 2. The columns will be organized parallel to each other in sheet 2, but organized so there are only three columns, and the next row appears in three columns below the previous row on worksheet 2. Confusing? Here is an illustration.... SHEET 1 Row 1|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|aaaa|cccc|cccc|cccc|cccc|cccc |cccc|cccc|cccc|cccc|cccc| Row 2|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|yyyy|yyyy|yyyy|yyyy|yyyy |yyyy|yyyy|yyyy|y...

Web SSO with ADFS, using LDAP member & role providers in Sharepoin
Just read article at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262069.aspx Section on "Web SSO and ADFS" describes how to register an <httpModule> for ADFS, along with ADFS Membership and Role Providers. This is close to what I think I want, but if you look at the section on "LDAP" just above it, the article also shows how to install LDAP Membership and Role Providers. Here's the question. Is it possible to install (use) the ADFS HTTP Module for web sso, and retain LDAP Membership and Role Providers. Put another way, get the userID from t...

how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?
Hi, I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility? Thanks a lot for your help, Maryam add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is You will not be able to run the form independant of ...

Some basic graphic
Hi! In the C-tor I try to draw a red line from location 1,1 with width 20 to location 100,100 but nothing is being drawn when the code is being executed. So there must be somthing that I have missed here. In the MCTS book 70-536 is says "To run this code, create a Windows forms application and add the code to a method run during the form's Paint event." I must say that graphics is very new to me so my knowledge is very limited. public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); Graphics g = CreateGraphics(); Pen pen = new Pen(Color.Red, 20)...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Scrolling Problem in EXCEL Visual Basic
I recently upgraded to XP, EXCEL is 2000. The scrollwheel doesn't do anything for an object (userforms, modules) in VB. It scrolls in all other windows in VB (Properties, Projects and Object Browsers). Don ...

does CRM 3.0 support basic authentication?
Does CRM 3.0 support basic authentication (assuming using HTTPS/SSL) ? I was getting errors in the right frame of the CRM front end - on most pages - after changing from NTLM to basic authentication. Specific questions related to the Installation, Configuration and/or usage of CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "mobigital-ggrp@yahoo.com" wrote: > Does CRM 3.0 support basic authentication (assuming using HTT...

basic question
get guys, nice to be here... my question is a rather simple one, I thought I could figure it out bu I cant... ok... often, for homework, our teacher will assign tasks on excel. We do the work (math) and email it to her. Now, I believe the answers are encrypted ALREADY into the excel file All she does is enter a password to make them show... now.. I have this password, however, when I enter it, nothing really happens Are these cells hidden or.....??? I honestly cant believe she sits there and marks each of them, however when I enter the valid password, nothing is really showing up, ideas? Is th...

extremely basic question about paragraph indenting
This is a terribly basic question but I can't find the answer in Word Help. How do I indent all the paragraphs of a Word document, not just one para... Michael Well, if you want *all* the paragraphs indented, then maybe you actually want to change the margins? So, for instance, that there is a 2-inch left margin on every page instead of a 1-in margin? To do that, go to Format | Document | Margins (assuming you are using MacWord). (This will partially affect the headers). Otherwise, you can indent more than one paragraph at a time by selecting more than one paragraph at a time, and th...

Basic way to make basic databases work on Access2007?
I tried the Microsoft info on this questions and it was really worthless. Let's say a "little guy" makes some unsplit Access 2003 databases with Macros and code which a friend wants to run on Access 2007 without "security" related hassles, including without wanting to have to click through warnings every time it is opened. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance Sincerely, Fred Fred If you trust your friend, you can tell Access/Windows to trust the location in which the file runs. -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microso...

Path.GetInvalidPathChars "Visual Basic 6.0 Classic" equivalent
Someone may remember putting me onto Link_File_1532711212003. I'm using it for my VB6.0 lnkfile IMDB rating project. At that time I had a problem with Microsoft updates breaking the IsLink function. Now, I am finishing up interfacing the 32bit AMDBW14 title.exe program and it produces a txt file for each IsLink entry in the folder. Once all the txt files are sorted, the 1Kb files are, almost without exception, unfound entries, and where the name needs cleaning. Firstly, to clean the names, I plan to cycle through these extracted 1kb links to the now deleted txt files, where the...

ADFS
I am trying to configure an NT-token based app. The configuration seems to be fine when checked with the ADFS diagnostics tool on the web server. I do not have access to the Account FS or the Resource FS as they are hosted elsewhere but they seem to be working fine as I am able to successfully login. After logging in I get access denied to my application and the following errors show up in the event logs. Application log: ADFS ISAPI Extension error The ADFS Web Agent Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) Extension was unable to obtain a Windows NT token f...

basic...but driving me crazy!
if I double click on a cell containing a formula the formula appears...and won't go away!...the number attained from the fromula is replaced in the cell with the formula...how do I get the product of the formula back and get rid of the formula?...thank you...tino hawsoon, Sounds like you formatted your cells for Text after you initially entered the formula: editing the formula then makes Excel treat the formula as text and not a formula. Select all your cells where this is a problem, and format them for general. Then select each of the cells that are showing the formulas still, doubl...

Basic Basic question
Hi, I have recently taken over our SBS2003 server and amongst out MS ACtion Pack Subscription are 5 CD Micrsoft CRM 1.2 Cd's 1-5. I would like to try this software, but I cannot find any information on it so I have a few questions. 1. In testing it, I assume that I need to install itonto my SBS2003 server - is there any other way - i have no spare machines, apart from a couple of workstations. 2. Is the a copy of the programme since it doesn't have the usual yellow Product key other of the CD's have, or does it take the Key from SBS2003? 3. Am i going to screw anything up if...

Excel Basics
I have a spreadsheet that shows a date, because of shipping I need to enter a date and then calculate three months back and enter that date, For example Cell A1 March, 2004 and I have to enter into cell B1 January 2004, how do I get Excel to do this automatically. Use the EDATE function. EDATE returns the serial number that represents the date that is the indicated number of months before or after a specified date (the start_date). If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, you will need to install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in. On the Tools menu, click A...