AD Monitoring

Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and
need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Sameer

Hello Sameer,

For performance start here:

Also see:

Use the included links from:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
> minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution
> and need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Meinolf
1/8/2010 11:34:56 AM
This is a very difficult thing to track down (I have reviewed a lot of this
for a number of years) and there doesn't appear to be a real good definition
of it.  We now use System Center Operations Manager from Microsoft (The old
MOM system).  We have been trialing it for about 1 year, and near term there
were several things that popped up we have since recalibrated (All pointed
out once turned on).  Thing is we can't just use SCOM, we run dcdiag,
netdiag, etc...

My guess is most of the systems are going to help out, but to try and
understand all of this would be very, very difficult.  The folks who have
built these system have spent long hours testing and tweaking.  That is why
we chose the author (Microsoft) of the o/s.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Sameer" <Sameer@live.com> wrote in message
> Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
> minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and
> need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Paul
1/8/2010 1:35:25 PM
Hi
True monitoring can be achieved with Opsmgr, AD Mps can help you a LOT with
that.

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MVP Directory Services

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"Sameer" <Sameer@live.com> wrote in message
> Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
> minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and
> need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Jorge
1/11/2010 9:58:00 PM
Opsmgr - you mean Ms Operations Manager?
AD Mps??

"Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> True monitoring can be achieved with Opsmgr, AD Mps can help you a LOT
> with that.
>
> --
>
> I hope that the information above helps you.
> Have a Nice day.
>
> Jorge Silva
> MVP Directory Services
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
> rights.
>

> "Sameer" <Sameer@live.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
>> minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and
>> need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Sameer
1/12/2010 3:57:28 AM
Yes.

--

> Opsmgr - you mean Ms Operations Manager?
> AD Mps??
>
> "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> True monitoring can be achieved with Opsmgr, AD Mps can help you a LOT
>> with that.
>>
>> --
>>
>> I hope that the information above helps you.
>> Have a Nice day.
>>
>> Jorge Silva
>> MVP Directory Services
>>
>> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>> rights.
>>

>> "Sameer" <Sameer@live.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be
>>> minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and
>>> need this information to take a decision on the product to use

0
Jorge

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

adding new records

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

Adding 1 year's difference to user's input of yyyy-yyyy?
If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way to formulaically have the cell underneath increase by one year? i.e., if in B2 the user input, say, 2005-2006, B3 would show 2006-2007 and B4 would show 2007-2008, etc. down the column? Thank you! :oD Try this: =IF(B2="","",VALUE(LEFT(B2,4))+1 &"-"& VALUE(RIGHT(B2,4))+1) and copy down the column for as many as you need. Hope this helps. Pete On May 29, 3:16 pm, "StargateFanFromWork" <NoS...@NoJunk.com> wrote: > If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way t...

adding new users in AD but not Exchange
How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to all new users at this time. -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools installed? "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:ee4tHm0LFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create > an Exchange mailbox" as ...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...

adding pictures
Hi all, I am enquiring is it possible to add a picture to each line in a table.Some may be blank and some may have pictures on it. The table is run as a search form and that is up and running though i am trying to add pictures of people to go with there information I am just wondering is this possible and if so how. and if it is possible Where does the picture go that are saved. Thank you for any help Paul paul@www.omachx.com See answer provided in another newsgroup where you posted this question. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul (OMAC HX)" <paul@www...

Adding new rows including formula
I want to create a spreadsheet to allow some resource scheduling. The cells in the rows will contain a number of formula such as lookups etc. I want to allow the user to insert a new row but for the row to include the formula etc. I'm sure this must be fairly easy but I just can't see it. Hope someon can point me in the right direction. Hi Edward, I don't know about easy, I had help after obtaining the closest solution from the archives and then from getting the missing pieces from the newsgroup. Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/e...

Problem when adding existing items to an existing Matrix
When I try to add an existing item to an existing matrix, the item is copied into the list but without subdescription 1 , 2 and 3. These fields are greyed out so I cannot edit them once added. Once the item is added it shows with blank entries in RMS. I have checked that there is no security set for these fields so why cannot not change these fields? What version of RMS? Just about every hotfix for RMS 2.0 has had fixes for Matrix items. On Aug 15, 9:03=A0am, Ge...@rtl-world.com <Ge...@rtl- world.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to add an existing item to an ...

Off topic: VB6 question

AD Schema PREFIX Registration
I’ve seem to have ran into a snag in trying to work through a design for modification of our corporate AD Schema (before anyone responds it’s a small change w/o token bloat effects, but we are a large company and being our first modification to the schema of many, I wanted to follow the official process to set the correct precedent in the process and testing). I followed the outline for obtaining an Enterprise Number from the iana.org but when I try to find the proper method for registering our Prefix I seem to hit a wall. I contacted our Microsoft TAM and she has informed m...