powershell not getting installed

i am installing exchange on vmware and i am not able to install
powershell.When setup says to download the file,I go to site of microsoft to
download but when download starts it says no enough storage space,whereas
exchange 2007 requires minimum of 1.2 GB.I am about 7.18 in my virtual machine

Hello Gurwinkle,

> i am installing exchange on vmware and i am not able to install
> powershell.When setup says to download the file,I go to site of
> microsoft to download but when download starts it says no enough
> storage space,whereas exchange 2007 requires minimum of 1.2 GB.I am
> about 7.18 in my virtual machine

What OS is the vm running?

Server 2008 R2 has PowerShell installed already, but Exchange 2007 SP1 and
lower won't install. (If I recall correctly)

Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

0
Karl

How Do I Get Out of Booklet View???
Somehow I got my Publisher website file into a side-by-side (booklet) view and can't find a way out of it. The Help file was not able to resolve. Additional Info: I'm running Publisher 2007 in XP "bsp2323" wrote: > Somehow I got my Publisher website file into a side-by-side (booklet) > view and can't find a way out of it. The Help file was not able to resolve. View, Uncheck two page spread. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bsp2323" <bsp2323@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61B4A7D5-B407-43C5-B1A7-F7953...

Can Business Portal be installed on 2 different servers?
Can we have 2 different instances of Business Portal on different servers / different networks using the same GP database? Thansk Bill Bill, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Yes, this is possible. You may install BP on multiple IIS servers. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill Nguyen" wrote: > Can we have 2 different instances of Business Portal on different servers / > different networks using the same GP database? > &...

How do l get the sheet name from the sheet code name?
I am sure this should be pretty simple but so far the answer has eluded me. I am doing a project which involves retrieving data about the vbe. Thanks to Chip Pearson's excellent code examples so far it has gone fine. However l am having trouble retrieving the worksheet name that appears on the worksheet tabs. So using Chip's code l can retrieve the sheet code names, Sheet1, Sheet2 etc and list them as required. Lets say the the tab name that appears to the users is "A" for Sheet1 and "B" for Sheet2 So lets say that l now have Sheet1 in Cell(1,1) of a sh...

Installer might need to close programs, an open program is csrss.e
I have Windows Vista and when I try to install the latest Windows Live Messenger, the installer says that open programs may conflict with the installation, and on the list of open programs is csrss.exe. The installer says that if I choose to ignore open programs, the installer may close them anyway during the installation. Isn't csrss.exe essential to running Windows? If I tell it to ignore open programs, will the installer close csrss.exe? Thank you! Greetings, See your other post (this came through twice). -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MS...

Powershell
Is Powershell necessary for Windows XP to run? I have a basic idea of what it is but is it needed? Boceefus wrote: > Is Powershell necessary for Windows XP to run? I have a basic idea of what > it is but is it needed? No, its not needed, most folks don't have it on their computers, let alone know what it is. John I am using it in my SQL 2008 Express. In fact SQL 2008 won't install unless you have powershell on your system. hth "Boceefus" <Boceefus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D03AAB2-FFB6-4251-A21C-1B6D7BE68A93@mi...

Just installed Outlook
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Professional and yesterday I installed Microsoft Office 2003 (just Outlook and Word). From the previous windows installation I had backed up my pst files and rules etc and so I replaced them back on this new installation. Now I am having a major problem where I am receiving emails no problem but recipients are not receiving my sent emails until several hours after I send them. The messages 'seem' to be sent ok on Outlook (no errors or anything) and they don't lie in my outbox - they appear in the sent items folder immediately as expected. I'...

How to get handle of console.
I am using a SDI application. During launching the application from command prompt I want the handle of the command prompt. As in the code I am hiding the application main window. By using GetStdHandle I am getting NULL. So what I have to use to get the handle of command prompt without allocating new console. ...

windows 7 pro 64bit installing 32bit app
i am installing a 32 bit app on a 64 bit win7 platform it registers regsize32.ocx in the install but when i try and load the app it fails on that file and i can not run regsvr32 as the file is not present where does win7 place 32 but drivers like program files x86 You will find the 32bit version of regsvr32 at c:\windows\syswow64. The ocx might be in the same folder as regsvr32 or could be in the folder where you installed the app (\program files(x86)). "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A204E-43C3-4BB6-9691-6DB4...

Cannot get background off of new e-mails
I have a very slight blue cross pattern on new e-mails that I send. How can I remove it? I have "blank" stationary selected. Thanks, Mike change stationary to <none>. "mike" <mikekrupp1@aol.com> wrote in message news:34c601c3553c$2b08edb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a very slight blue cross pattern on new e-mails > that I send. How can I remove it? > > I have "blank" stationary selected. > > Thanks, > Mike Thanks Chris >-----Original Message----- >change stationary to <none>. > > >"mike" &...

CHttpFile::QueryInfoStatusCode() How to get SubCode for 401??
Hi, QueryInfoStatusCode() returns code 401 without the subcode identifier. How can I get the subcode (e.g. 401.1 - 401.7) for HTTP 401 errors??? Thx for your help! Regards, Harald ...

powershell event
Hi, I am evaluating an architecture using my custom Powershell cmdlets as the middle tier (MT) and using a Native NT service as the backend. Via my powershell cmdlets, UI can query/control the backend and the backend should be able to send notification to UI (UI doesn’t use Polling model for receiving notification). The middle tier will communicate with the backend using COM since they are different language interop. The middle tier will communicate with UI through powershell cmdlets. Therefore, the middle tier will be a Powershell cmdlets dll and an interop assembly at the s...

Getting two fields into one
I have a report that is trying to get a total damage rate for employees as they load trucks. I have two fields setup. Loader 1 and Loader 2. Each employee can be either Loader 1 or Loader 2 in the truck. On my report how can I pull the information combined in one row on the report. I need the information from whether they were loader 1 or loader 2. I can only figure out how to get the information if they are loader 1 and it is not pulling the information if they are loader 2 I'm not sure I understand enough about how your data is organized or how your report is "pulling" data...

Installed Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 and OWA no longer works
When going to https://servername/exchange we get the certificate acceptance dialog box, and further are prompted for username and password as usual. However entering correct information in any form IOW: domain\username - pass domain.com\username - pass user@domain.com - pass only results in the browser continuing to display the site but ultimately never does. NEED HELP with this one as SP1 cannot be uninstalled! "Navigato" <Navigato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When going to https://servername/exchange we get the certificate acceptance >dialog box, and furth...

Rollup 3 Terminal Server install question
The MS tech notes say there is a way to use the terminstall.cmd to apply a rollup but does anybody have the exact changes that need to be made. This is on a TS Server with Citrix for CRM 3.0 Rollup Three. We applied them manually before. We don't know if it's just a matter of adding a line or modifying the install section. Thanks ...

How To Get Desktop Toolbar Height
Is it possible to get the height of any toolbar a user has open on the desktop? Also, separately, when I create a dialog window, how do I set it to occupy the full screen (minus the toolbar(s))? Thanks, Matt u can use FindWindow to find the taskbar. HWND hwnd = FindWindow("Shell_traywnd", NULL); this article may be helpful Knowledge Base Q164162 Adding a Full Screen Feature to an MFC Application -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn.net/develop/author/netauthor/jiangsheng/ http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ ht...

My document is garbled. I get a message"Word cannot start the con
I have reinserted the installation disk and done the repair but my document has all kinds of strange symbols. I really don't want to type it over. Help please. Please use this space to quote the entire error message. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Judylou" <Judylou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:347CC898-816C-41DE-B032-87E4537F6C45@microsoft.com... >I have reinserted the installation disk and done the repair but my document > has all kinds of strange symb...

pipelines supported by PowerShell cmdlets
From: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd315282.aspx <# Description The Write-Output cmdlet sends the specified object down the pipeline to the next command. If the command is the last command in the pipeline, the object is displayed in the console. Write-Output sends objects down the primary pipeline, also known as the"output stream" or the "success pipeline." To send error objects down the error pipeline, use Write-Error." #> This mentions two pipelines supported by PowerShell cmdlets 1) primary pipeline, aka "...

How to get the coordinate of the lower-bound cell in Excel 2003 with C#
Hi all, I am using C# to extract data from Excel 2003. I want to know how to get the column number and row number of cells with real data in the current sheet. Thanks E.g A B C D E F G H 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 3 4 5 Column Number:3 Row Number:2 zlf Hi Zlf, > I am using C# to extract data from Excel 2003. I want to know how to > get the column number and row number of cells with real data in the > current sheet There is no built in function which will reliably return the last data...

Getting attachements I can not open
I have outlook 6.0 and it seems as though I can not get an attachement. How can I fix this? Thanks, Hi, John - See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q291387 Also note: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.publ...

Getting custom commandbar to show on Add-ins tab
I've created a custom toolbar for Access 2007 with the following code: Sub CreateToolbar() On Error Resume Next Application.CommandBars("PracticeCommandBar").Delete On Error GoTo 0 Dim cbar As Office.CommandBar 'I have the needed reference to Office library Dim cntrl As Office.CommandBarControl Set cbar = Application.CommandBars.Add("PracticeCommandBar", msoBarTop, _ Temporary:=True) Set cntrl = Application.CommandBars("PracticeCommandBar").Controls.Add( _ msoControlButton, Temporary...

VBScript & Powershell
I have a 500 line vbscript I wrote years ago that now won't work on Windows 7. The reason is you can't perform a File Open/Browse in vbscript in Windows 7, I(I've tried all the suggestions I've found on the net but none of them work.) I was looking at running a Powershell mini script to do the file open for me then return the selected file back to the vbs script. I've got the Powershell script and it works fine. One twist. I don't want to call another script. I want to send all the Powershell commands at once. The problem I'm seeing is Powershell is ...

SendMessage(); Getting the handle of other aps #2
I thought I posted this earlier.. but didn't appear? Anyway, I have a dialog based app which is called from the command line. If the app is already present, i want the arguments from the command line call to be passed to the original app. In InitInstance I have: hMutexOneInstance = ::CreateMutex( NULL, FALSE, _T("Global\\MYAPP")); BOOL AlreadyRunning = ( ::GetLastError() == ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS || ::GetLastError() == ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED); So if(AlreadyRunning), now I want to pass the arguments to the MYAPP which is already running. ::SendMessage(hOriginal, UWM_SOME_MESSAGE, ...

Getting image link to the table
Hi,I used the code on the website: http://www.vbusers.com/code/codeget.asp?ThreadID=146&PostID=1&NumReplies=0to have the user click on a button in the form, go through the files,and select one image.Now, the image the user selects, I don't know what happens to thestring of the filename/path.I would like to;a) get that filename path and store it in the table (associated withthat record)b) have that image show up in the reports for that record.Thanks,Zef. Zef:Say you want to browse for .jpg image files and store the value in a field ImagePath in the table, then on a form bound to the...

how powerful is PowerShell ?
Theoretically, can a PowerShell script do everything that a C# program can do? - Larry You'll need a developer to step in on this one. I've passed the question around and also saw it floating around in Twitter. In my opinion, PowerShell v2 added full support for STA, which was a major bonus for closing the gap with C# abilities. Marco "Larry__Weiss" <lfw@airmail.net> wrote in message news:#4FFywqALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Theoretically, can a PowerShell script do everything that a C# program can > do? > > - Larry &g...

How do I get DEC2BIN function to display greater than 9 character.
DEC2BIN function stops when it tries to display 10 or more characters (conversion of decimal number 512 or greater). Is there a way to allow it to do this? I'm looking for 12 or more characters of display. Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(INT(MOD(A1/2^(COLUMN(1:1)-1),2))*10^(COLUMN(1:1)-1)) Maximum of 15 digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mm-alliedmat" <mm-alliedmat@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:464806CF-1FCC-458E-A1FC-D6FA6E880719@microsoft.com... > DEC2BIN function stops when it tries to display 10 or more characters > (conversion of d...