powershell command for ms communicator 2007

Is there any command to enable microsoft office communicator 2007 for a user?

On Jun 17, 11:47=A0am, VinayKV <Vina...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Is there any command to enable microsoft office communicator 2007 for a u=
ser?

I don't know of any "one" command, but you can script it.  Something
like this should work...not tested, and you would have to input your
appropriate settings (IE your domain/user/OCS ADS):

# Bind to the user Object
$objUser =3D [ADSI]"LDAP://CN=3DJohn Doe,OU=3DTestOUUsers,OU=3Ddomain,DC=3D=
com"

# Set Variables
# 256 =3D EnabledForEnhancedPresence
$strPrimaryHomeServer =3D "CN=3DLC
Services,CN=3DMicrosoft,CN=3Docs,CN=3DPools,CN=3DRTC
Service,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3Ddomain,DC=3Dcom"
$strPrimaryUserAddress =3D ("sip:" + $objUser.mail)
$bInternetAccessEnabled =3D False
$nOptionFlags =3D 256

# Set General Tab Properties
$objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress", $strPrimaryUserAddress)
$objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-InternetAccessEnabled",
$bInternetAccessEnabled)
$objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-OptionFlags", $nOptionFlags)
$objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer", $strPrimaryHomeServer)
$objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-UserEnabled", True)

# Commit changes
$objUser.setInfo()
0
ekrengel
6/23/2010 1:56:57 PM
On Jun 23, 9:56=A0am, ekrengel <erickreng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 11:47=A0am, VinayKV <Vina...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is there any command to enable microsoft office communicator 2007 for a=
 user?

> I don't know of any "one" command, but you can script it. =A0Something
> like this should work...not tested, and you would have to input your
> appropriate settings (IE your domain/user/OCS ADS):
>
> # Bind to the user Object
> $objUser =3D [ADSI]"LDAP://CN=3DJohn Doe,OU=3DTestOUUsers,OU=3Ddomain,DC=
=3Dcom"

> # Set Variables
> # 256 =3D EnabledForEnhancedPresence
> $strPrimaryHomeServer =3D "CN=3DLC
> Services,CN=3DMicrosoft,CN=3Docs,CN=3DPools,CN=3DRTC
> Service,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3Ddomain,DC=3Dcom"
> $strPrimaryUserAddress =3D ("sip:" + $objUser.mail)
> $bInternetAccessEnabled =3D False
> $nOptionFlags =3D 256
>
> # Set General Tab Properties
> $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress", $strPrimaryUserAddress)
> $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-InternetAccessEnabled",
> $bInternetAccessEnabled)
> $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-OptionFlags", $nOptionFlags)
> $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer", $strPrimaryHomeServer)
> $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-UserEnabled", True)
>
> # Commit changes
> $objUser.setInfo()

And if you wanted to have an input for a user instead of modifying
settings every time, you could do this:

# Input for username to search
$User =3D Read-Host =93Enter the Users=92 Logon Name to enable for OCS=94

# Search for the username
$Search =3D New-Object DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher([ADSI]=93=94)
$Search.filter =3D =93(&(objectClass=3Duser)(sAMAccountName=3D$User))=94
$results =3D $Search.Findall()

Foreach($result in $results){
   $objUser =3D $result.GetDirectoryEntry()

   # Set Variables
   # 256 =3D EnabledForEnhancedPresence
   $strPrimaryHomeServer =3D "CN=3DLC
Services,CN=3DMicrosoft,CN=3Docs,CN=3DPools,CN=3DRTC
Service,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3Ddomain,DC=3Dcom"
   $strPrimaryUserAddress =3D ("sip:" + $objUser.mail)
   $bInternetAccessEnabled =3D False
   $nOptionFlags =3D 256

   # Set and enable OCS settings
   $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress", $strPrimaryUserAddress)
   $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-InternetAccessEnabled",
$bInternetAccessEnabled)
   $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-OptionFlags", $nOptionFlags)
   $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer", $strPrimaryHomeServer)
   $objUser.Put("msRTCSIP-UserEnabled", True)

   # Commit changes
   $objUser.setInfo()
}
0
ekrengel

User unable to retrieve mail after a certain date in Outlook 2007
I have a user using Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager over a VPN in cached mode. He is connected to Exchange 2000. He has been unable to retrieve emails since a cut off date 3 days ago. On Outlook Web access he can see the new emails but cannot see them on his Outlook. He has deleted his cached file, recreated it, and done the same for his Mail profile without success. He has not installed any new software. He is able to send emails without problems. There are no error messages. Other users connected to Exchange are unaffected. Suggestions? "AndrewB" <AndrewB@di...

2007 Dtabase Synchronization
HI, I know you can synchronize 2003 databases but is this posssible in 2007 without using SQL Server? Regards John "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:4031623A-EF38-4409-BB53-E82C4A673236@microsoft.com: > I know you can synchronize 2003 databases but is this posssible in > 2007 without using SQL Server? Jet Replication is still supported in the MDB format under A2K7. The new ACCDB format does not support replication (or user-level security). -- David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/ usenet at dfenton dot com http://www.dfen...

Importing Photos in Publisher 2007
I create a empty picture frame and copy and paste a photo into it but it doesn't fit within the picture frame parameters. I end up having to resize the photo everytime and didn't have to do this in an earlier Publisher version. The empty frame will insert the picture proportionally. Insert your picture without the frame and resize it. Earlier versions of Publisher did the same except version 2002, when you inserted the frame in 2002, Windows Explorer would open. If you want the picture to maintain a certain size, create a one cell table, right-click, format, size tab. Type your...

When I Select More Than One Tab
Is there a way for Excel to tell me when I have more than one tab selected? Other than me remembering to look at the top and see [Group] in the file name. Any ideas are welcome! (B^>)-]=[ The grouped sheets' tabs will be white. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:20:51 -0400, "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way for Excel to tell me when I have more than one tab selected? > >Other than me remembering to look at the top and see [Group] in the file >name. > >Any ideas are welcome! > >(B...

Copying command buttons
I want to copy a sheet and its command buttons to a new sheet named for the present date i.e.(11/24/09). Buttons created from the Toolbox in Excel 2003 oldjay Hi Oldjay, Note when copying a worksheet with the below method then the command buttons with their associated VBA code will be copied with them. Therefore it is a good idea to place most of the code in a standard module and just call the code from the command buttons. That way you are not duplicating code throughout your workbook and if you need to modifiy the code then it only needs to be done in the one place. Al...

Smart Phones creating new sales opportunities in MS CRM
Hi, Do you have experiance of interactive CRM usage in a smartphone. E.g. a sales rep receiving an email lead in SmartPhone outlook, creating a CRM opportunity and new company from this then calling the new contact off the phone number feild? I'm looking at 2 smart phones for this: The Qtek 9100 (also known as the XDA mini-s, SPV M3000, MDA Vario, imate K-JAM ) and the Vodafone 1605 (also known as the Hermes, Mercury, TyTN, JASJAM, SPV M3100, MDA Vario II, XDA Trion) Would these be suitable or should i be looking at something else ? Thanks in Advance, Stuart Fawcett, London. -- S...

MS SQL Server takes 100% cpu
Alright, everyone has posted different slow CRM questions. Mine will be extremely specific. My organization runs CRM 3.0 with a pretty good sized database, size in my opinion should not matter, remember infinite scalability? Primarily with the Outlook 2003 add-in. Alright so they have an 'Offline Client', usually that means you'll be running on a laptop, or atleast that is how it is here. With 1.4 GHz and 1 Gig of memory exactly how does MS expect people to support a MS SQL server locally? It pegs the CPU, makes outlook a hog and the machine is virtually useless until 2-5 minut...

cant send email using outlook 2007
outlook was working fine sending and receiving today out of no where it stopped sending I double check the out going SMTP, change it to use a different one, ping it and it was OK, I even tried to use goggles gmail smtp and nothing I have emails in the send folder that are not going any where and when I try to delete them it tells me that they cant be deleted because outlook already started transmission.. So I have no clue what could be going wrong.. On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:14:01 -0700, ereyes <ereyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >outlook was working fine sending ...

ms money invoice designer
In what file does microsoft money store the invoice templates? They are saved as .htm files in the WebCache within the Microsoft Money folder where the program was installed. "John" <jmphudock@msn.com> wrote in message news:23ccd01c38c85$90cd52a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In what file does microsoft money store the invoice > templates? ...

powershell event
Hi, I am evaluating an architecture using my custom Powershell cmdlets as the middle tier (MT) and using a Native NT service as the backend. Via my powershell cmdlets, UI can query/control the backend and the backend should be able to send notification to UI (UI doesn’t use Polling model for receiving notification). The middle tier will communicate with the backend using COM since they are different language interop. The middle tier will communicate with UI through powershell cmdlets. Therefore, the middle tier will be a Powershell cmdlets dll and an interop assembly at the s...

custom toolbar commands disappear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I spent 2 hours adding and removing commands from the toolbar and now they are gone. It's back to the default. Is this because I'm on a trial? ...

Comcast to Outlook 2007 #2
Has anyone had any success at importing their address book from Comcast to 2007. If so, how did you do it? Please reply to lfriz@msn.com have you looked at the Comcast help files? They have rather extensive files to assist you with many mail related tasks. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Lfriz asked: | Has anyone had any success at importing their address book from | Comcast to 2007. If so, how d...

2003 vs 2007
I generate Spread Sheets and write VBA code in Excel 2003. Unfortunately, very unfortunately, one of my users is on Excel 2007. It looks like many of my Conditional Formatting setups are failing. I went to her site and had a quick peek and I suddenly feel that I am heading into a big set of headaches. Has anyone done a write-up on how Conditional Formatting differs between the two releases? Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated. Craig This is the first of several MS articles on the subject: http://snipurl.com/3b80g [msdn_microsoft_com] Can to post (or attach) an example of...

Outlook Connector Update for Outlook 2007
When I open outlook 2007 I am prompted to upgrade my outlook connector to continue accessing my hotmail account. It then proceeds to download file OLC.msi followed by a prompt to restart outlook in order to finish the installation. The outlook connector setup wizard then opens and prompts me to repair or remove outlook connector. I've tried both options - repairing does nothing, as soon I restart outlook I get the upgrade window again, removing and reinstalling outlook connector yields the same result. Any thoughts?? Same problem, rather frusterating. Haven't found a fix ...

American Funds, Yodlee and MS Money
I am using MS Money 2005. At the bottom of the screen it says "Account information provided by Yodlee, Inc. or your financial institutions online services." If I go into the account set up it does not list American Funds, where I currently have 529's, Roth’s and IRA investments. OK... but I also have all of my accounts set up in Yodlee’s Oncenter. My American funds accounts ALL show up there just fine. So why am I able to connect to American funds with Yodlee Oncenter, MS Money uses Yodlee, but MS Money does not have American Funds in the Institutions list? Seems to me lik...

MS Outlook Notes: Can't Import into Notes
Hi helpful people- A. TRYING TO: To import a CSV file/ Excel file into Outlook with my Outlook Notes B. PROBLEM: When trying to import the file I get an error message: "A file error has occurred in the Comma Separated Values(Windows) translator while initializing a translator to build a field map. The file "C:\....CSV" was not recognized. The Comma Separated Values (Windows) translator was unable to recognize this file. It could be the wrong file, a version of the file type which is not supported by this translator, or the file might be corrupt." C. ASKING FOR: Can you...

Powershell
Is Powershell necessary for Windows XP to run? I have a basic idea of what it is but is it needed? Boceefus wrote: > Is Powershell necessary for Windows XP to run? I have a basic idea of what > it is but is it needed? No, its not needed, most folks don't have it on their computers, let alone know what it is. John I am using it in my SQL 2008 Express. In fact SQL 2008 won't install unless you have powershell on your system. hth "Boceefus" <Boceefus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D03AAB2-FFB6-4251-A21C-1B6D7BE68A93@mi...

converting ver 2001 money to 2007
How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office Accounting? -- accountant Never done it, but it says you can here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/accounting/HA102065951033.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "mijdnalloh" <dutchii@comcast.net> wrote in message news:47028EEC-E8AA-4264-AB9E-78B879B20CE5@microsoft.com... > How does on go about upgrading a 2001 version into the Office ...

Close command
I have the following command to close a Form: Private Sub Mainform_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click DoCmd.Close Exit_Mainform_Click: Exit Sub Err_Mainform_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Mainform_Click End Sub How can I change the command that the DB gets closed and not only the Form. Thanks Klaus DoCmd.Quit -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Amateur" wrote: > I have the following command to close a Form: > Private Sub Mainform_Click() > On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click > > > DoCmd.Close > > Exit_Mainfor...

pipelines supported by PowerShell cmdlets
From: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd315282.aspx <# Description The Write-Output cmdlet sends the specified object down the pipeline to the next command. If the command is the last command in the pipeline, the object is displayed in the console. Write-Output sends objects down the primary pipeline, also known as the"output stream" or the "success pipeline." To send error objects down the error pipeline, use Write-Error." #> This mentions two pipelines supported by PowerShell cmdlets 1) primary pipeline, aka "...

How do it at MM 2007 Delux?
I have bought 7 shares of one polish company (one share - 64,00 polish zloty). It was several months ago. Two days ago 1 share was for 160,00 polish zloty. Now the company made the split 1:10, and now I have got 70 shares and one share costs 15,70 polish zloty. How this event put into MM 2007 Delux? -- JerzyMarian In microsoft.public.money, JerzyMarian wrote: >I have bought 7 shares of one polish company (one share - 64,00 polish >zloty). It was several months ago. Two days ago 1 share was for 160,00 polish >zloty. Now the company made the split 1:10, and now I have got 70 sha...

IF Command
In column A I have values 1st 2nd 3rd and in Column B I want it to say January 04 January 04 January 04 I only want January 04 to appear when something is entered into the adjacent Column A cell Can anyone help? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ B1: =IF(A1<>"","January 04","") and copy down. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripping >" <<ianripping.100y8e@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:i...

ms outlook express 5.0
I can receive messeges but can not send any !!!!! Please let me know what is wrong with my outlook express .... if anybody knows ???? Sounds like you don't have your SMTP server settings configured correctly. You should contact your ISP and confirm the settings. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.wi...

Alternatives to MS Money?
I was an - in principle happy - user of Money 2005. Recently, however, the online update support for Money 2005 expired and so I can no longer update funds and stock values automatically any more. I thus considered MS' suggested update path and downloaded the trial version of "Money Plus". I installed it but strange enough that program doesn't even start up, i.e. after double clicking it's icon (or selecting the start menu entry), simply nothing happens, there is no window opening, no disk activity, nothing... I was able to find a process "msmoney.exe" i...

running access 2007 in batch file
How do i run access 2007 in a batch file? Even with an autoexec macro, i keep getting the "Getting started with Microsoft Access" screen" and I have to click on the database name to get the autoexec to run. On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:42:01 -0700, Richard65 <Richard65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i run access 2007 in a batch file? Even with an autoexec macro, i keep >getting the "Getting started with Microsoft Access" screen" and I have to >click on the database name to get the autoexec to run. Use a command line to open the...