Import users to AD

I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active
Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found
this:
Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display
-SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName
$_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone
-Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company
-Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince
$_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS }
But I get the error: "Power Shell does not recognize the cmdlet New-QADUser"
The .csv file contains only First Name, Last Name, UserPrincipalName and
UserPassword fields.
Any help about correct syntaxis welcome

Francisco schrieb:
> I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active
> Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found
> this:
> Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display
> -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName
> $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone
> -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company
> -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince
> $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS }
> But I get the error: "Power Shell does not recognize the cmdlet New-QADUser"
> The .csv file contains only First Name, Last Name, UserPrincipalName and
> UserPassword fields.
> Any help about correct syntaxis welcome

The New-QADUser Commandlet is not part of the standard edition of
Powershell.

Check out the powergui website:

http://wiki.powergui.org/index.php/New-QADUser

Uwe
0
Uwe
12/30/2009 5:40:03 AM
New-QADUser is part of the Quest AD cmdlets

for R2 replace it with New-ADUser.   Check ALL of the parameters against the
help file because the some of the names are different
--
Richard Siddaway
All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty

"Uwe Ziegenhagen" wrote:

> Francisco schrieb:
> > I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active
> > Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found
> > this:
> > Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display
> > -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName
> > $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone
> > -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company
> > -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince
> > $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS }
> > But I get the error: "Power Shell does not recognize the cmdlet New-QADUser"
> > The .csv file contains only First Name, Last Name, UserPrincipalName and
> > UserPassword fields.
> > Any help about correct syntaxis welcome
> >

> The New-QADUser Commandlet is not part of the standard edition of
> Powershell.
>
> Check out the powergui website:
>
> http://wiki.powergui.org/index.php/New-QADUser
>

> Uwe
> .

Importing data

Changing User Information without SA
Hello All, We're currently using GP 9.0 where I work (I'm the DBA) and we want to migrate these databases to a SQL 2005 cluster (these databases currently sit on a SQL 2000 stand-alone). These databases will be moving to cluster nodes that have other databases that are critical to our environment and we would like to limit the use of SA to strictly IT internally. My question: In PDK is there any way to allow GP users (employees) to modify other user information within the System -> User screen. For example: Someone logs in with their own GP account and wants to change tha...

Why does shared workbooks uncheck users Windows in Taskbar option
Every time users go into a shared workbook it unchecks their previously selected option to show Windows In Taskbar (Tools\Option\View\Windows In Taskbar). I've tried saving the program with this option checked but it seems every time I make it a shared workbook and go back into it, this option unchecks itself. Any way around this? What version of excel are you running? Saved from a previous post... There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to ...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

How Do I give Service Admin Rights to a user in Exchange 2003
I am using Ericsson Mobile Organisor Ver 5, after installing the push connector, i am not able to add a user in that, the client is using windows 2003 AD and exchange 2003, What rights are to be given to the user in push connector like we give in exchange 5.5 as service admin rights On exchange 5.5 it is running perfectly fine Kindly HElp !!! Rahul Rahul, Please read the following technet article, maybe this will help you. Technet article : 823018 -- With Kind regards, Erwin van Workum Alkum Solutions Email : Erwin@alkum.nl "Rahul" wrote: > I am using Ericsson Mob...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

OWA Access denied to domain users Exchange 2000
Hi I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try user A@abc.com and it works. Then I try user B@abc.com and it denies access. I am at a loss to understand why some users in the domain can log in to OWA and some users can't. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks & Regards Any help? soup_or_power@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi > I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for > the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try > user A@abc...

User permissions for editing personal details
Hello, could someone please show me the right direction for allowing users to modify their contact details without giving permissions to other mailaccounts than their own? The documentation I have to my disposal is not entirely clear at that point. ...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

MSG: No more new fonts may be added to this workbook
I get the above message while I'm working with my excel 2002 file. It's a big file with lots of charts. When I copy and paste a chart I get the above message and the program locks (although I can usually save and re-open). But I don't understand what this message means. Can anyone help? I'm not too fussy about formatting and have tried clearing formats etc. but it only buys me a couple more charts to add. Thanks, Dan As answered in .charting -- Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMA...

Unable to create user
Hi I have domain abc.com and exchange2000 is workking on this domain. i have put xyz.com in upn suffix and want to setup xyz.com on the same exchange box on which abc.com is there. Now when i want to create user for xyz.com which is already there in abc.com then it says user already exist Regards Abhishek. Hi, If that user account already exist and all you want to do is to add the xyz.com address just use the recipient policies to do this. There is no need to create a separate user. 319201 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?...

importing email

CRASH
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Dear All, I have a big problem, my word 2008 (Student ed.) is crashing (hang) consistently when I add a footnote to a document. Is there any fix? Does anyone is experiencing the same behaviour? Crash log is not very helpful... Date/Time: 2008-03-13 18:35:53 +0100 OS Version: 10.5.2 (Build 9C31) Architecture: i386 Report Version: 4 Command: Word Path: /Applications/Office/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Version: 12.0.1 (12.0.1) Build Version: 0 Project Name: (null) Source Version: 80305 Parent: la...

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...