How to read "noteproperty" ?

is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ?

0
IT

It's the same as any other property:

PS > $test="foo"
PS > $test.length
3
PS > $test|add-member -type noteproperty -name "my_prop" -value "foo"
PS > $test.my_prop
foo
PS >

"IT Staff" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ?

0
Marco

How to read "noteproperty" ?
is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ? It's the same as any other property: PS > $test="foo" PS > $test.length 3 PS > $test|add-member -type noteproperty -name "my_prop" -value "foo" PS > $test.my_prop foo PS > "IT Staff" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eibTPYFiKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ? > ...

Noteproperty
i've a field that is a NOTEPROPERTY, and it contains many entries separated by "enter" How can i read the NOTEPROPERTY FIELD and "split" into individula lines ? Eg data seen at powershell console below : {xx?yyyy?A, zzz?A...} From java screen, it is seen clearly Eg xx plus some other data not viewable in powershell yyyy plus some other data not viewable in powershell etc etc On 18 Jan., 07:19, "IT Staff" <jkk...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i've a field that is a NOTEPROPERTY, and it contains many entries separated > b...

Get-WinEvent Message NoteProperty
When using Get-WinEvent to retrieve data from Event Logs the Message property is one of the default returned, however it does not display any information. I notice that it is a NoteProperty and it's definition is set to: Message = null The question is how to I retrieve the Message data or is this cmdlet not designed to do that? This works for me on Server 2008 R2: PS>get-winevent|select -first 1|select message Can you be more specific? Marco "jmedd" <jmedd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0C88F57-A49A-41B4-A81C-B888F08E4132@mic...

How to edit NoteProperty names containing space created by IMPORT-
I use Powershell a lot to process bulk data exported from SAP and other systems. The export interfaces create CSVs with headings which contain spaces. This works fine but it limits the ability to reference the objects. A exported field might be called "Employee Number". IMPORT-CSV creates an object with a NoteProperty called "Employee Name" Now $obj."Employee Name" is not valid $obj.EmployeeName would work nicely Is there a way to modify NoteProperty -name after IMPORT-CSV or Is there a way to make IMPORT-CSV remove spaces from names? Tha...