Adding a group from another domain / forest

Hi.  Can anyone suggest some code to add a global group from one domain to a
domain local on another?

I've experimented with calling DSMOD etc but I get 'server returned a
referral' errors, presumably because one of the DN's points to another forest.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Hi Neil,

hint, hint: http://powershellcommunity.org/Forums/tabid/54/aff/4/aft/4169/afv/topic/Default.aspx
:)

Martin
0
Martin

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

group permissions
Users that are members of groups are unable to open other user's mailboxes. I have checked that the user is a member of the group. I have checked that the group has full mailbox rights for the mailboxes being accessed. For some reason exchange is not allowing access to the mailboxes unless I add the user to each mailbox permissions tab in AD. Any ideas? Thanks El ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

When adding attachments...

??WINDOWS 7 Discussion Groups
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Is for XP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Is for Vista Which Group us is for 7 Microsoft is transitioning from newsgroups to the new web-based forums. For Windows 7, please see: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > > Is for XP > > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general > > Is for Vista > > Which Group us is for 7 On 8/1/2010 1:56 AM, BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > >...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Windows 7 Groups?
So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this server? No, and there aren't likely to be any. Windows 7 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/ "Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23h9247rZKHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this : server? alt.windows7.general -- housetrained@hotmail.com "Any teacher that can be replaced by a computer, deserves to be." - David Thornberg "Tom Pa...

Problem sending smtp mail to some domains
Hi I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i use an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to same smtp address. can anyone help me. Thank you Regards check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming from. The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP th...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

cell count of 'grouped' cells
Apologies if this is a 'dumb' question! I am receiving data that is layed out in groups. When I try to 'countif' with some of the group not showing, I still get a full row count, including those rows not showing. Basically, I receive attendance stats with every days attendance detailed, grouped into the weekly attendance per person. As I need the number of people, I am trying to count just those (the second group/layer), but when I try the countif(data,"*"), it counts all of the rows, including the sub rows giving the daily info. Please can someone help/explain w...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...