Windows 7 Upgrade from XP Pro IE 8 Certificate Errors

My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro.  I had IE 8 before
on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that I
regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail,
several financial institutions websites, etc.  I know these sites are safe,
but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to
cause me to get these certificate errors.  I have spent much time googling,
and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time setting
on my machine etc. all to no avail.  PLEASE HELP!!!  Below is the error
message I recieve from our own intranet site.  I can click continue, and
proceed on to the sites in most cases (even though it is not recommended).

Error Message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

 The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
intercept any data you send to the server.
  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
website.
  Click here to close this webpage.
  Continue to this website (not recommended).
     More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in
the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try
adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private
information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not a Media Center related question, repost to a more appropriate group such
as internetexplorer.general

"Jason Wilson" <JasonWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro.  I had IE 8
> before
> on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that
> regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail,
> several financial institutions websites, etc.  I know these sites are
> safe,
> but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to
> cause me to get these certificate errors.  I have spent much time
> googling,
> and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time
> setting
> on my machine etc. all to no avail.  PLEASE HELP!!!  Below is the error
> message I recieve from our own intranet site.  I can click continue, and
> proceed on to the sites in most cases (even though it is not recommended).
>
> Error Message:
>
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
>

> The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
> trusted certificate authority.
>
> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> intercept any data you send to the server.
>  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
> website.
>  Click here to close this webpage.
>  Continue to this website (not recommended).
>     More information
>

> If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address
> in
> the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
> When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try
> adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
> If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private
> information into the website.
>
> For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

0
David
1/5/2010 3:59:46 PM
Open the web page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

Click Tools under Internet Options.

Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the
boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for
server certificate revocation".

Click Apply and Ok.

Restart IE.

regards,

S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"Jason Wilson" <JasonWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro.  I had IE 8
> before
> on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that
> regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail,
> several financial institutions websites, etc.  I know these sites are
> safe,
> but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to
> cause me to get these certificate errors.  I have spent much time
> googling,
> and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time
> setting
> on my machine etc. all to no avail.  PLEASE HELP!!!  Below is the error
> message I recieve from our own intranet site.  I can click continue, and
> proceed on to the sites in most cases (even though it is not recommended).
>
> Error Message:
>
> There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
>

> The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
> trusted certificate authority.
>
> Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> intercept any data you send to the server.
>  We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
> website.
>  Click here to close this webpage.
>  Continue to this website (not recommended).
>     More information
>

> If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address
> in
> the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
> When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try
> adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
> If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private
> information into the website.
>
> For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

> signature database 4743 (20100104) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4746 (20100105) __________

http://www.eset.com

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi
several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success. the process i took was: 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly. 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs". 3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change". 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next". 5. On the bottom of the page check "C...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Upgrading #3
I have Money Delux and Small Bus 2003. I use it promarily for investments and some simple small bus stuff. Does 2004 small bus give me all the stuff that premium has? ...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

SMTP Connector #7
I have Exchange 2000 Ent w/ (2) servers under the same site..Single domain. One server holds mailbox store and public folder store, the other server only functions as a chat server. I installed SMTP on the server with the mailbox store, configured firewall for SMTP traffic, etc...everything works fine. I now want to move the SMTP connector to the chat server which holds no mailboxes...The mail should still be delivered to the server with mailboxes but somehow it is not. I can see SMTP connections bring made to the chat server after I re-configured the firewall but no mail is being deli...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

Where did windows 7 forum go ????
????? Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they always did to their new OS'es? I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail address (for later spam) and different password rules. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:26:53 -0700 (UTC) From: nntp@microsoft.com Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early sum...

Windows 7 Clients
Using MS Dynamics GP Standard 10.00.1301 Considering upgrading from Vista Ulimate 64 to Windows 7 Ulimate 64. Any know issues I should know? Take a look at my articles: "The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and.html "The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Update" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and_20.html Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www....

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...