Where to obtain IR Blaster?

System - Vista Ultimate
Hauppauge TV card

Issues : Comcast conversion to digital (DTA)

I used the system for basic cable access. I have the directions for
installing Comcast DTA in Widows Media Center. It appears that I need a USB
IR receiver for this to work.

What is the product name and where can I obtain one.

Thanks in advance

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John
6/14/2010 12:57:43 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The IR blaster is an emitter, you'll need both the emitter and receiver to
control the cable box.

Generally, it's cheaper to just buy the remote kit that included the IR
stuff with a MC remote, you'll want something like this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3390588

There are several makers of Media Center remotes, search the web for others
at other prices --  although, that is a fairly typical price, you might find
it a little lower. Just make sure it includes both the receiver and
emitter(s), some only include the USB receiver.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

"John L" <JohnLenz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> System - Vista Ultimate
> Hauppauge TV card
>
> Issues : Comcast conversion to digital (DTA)
>
> I used the system for basic cable access. I have the directions for
> installing Comcast DTA in Widows Media Center. It appears that I need a
> USB IR receiver for this to work.
>
> What is the product name and where can I obtain one.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
>
> *****************
> John Lenz
> JohnLenz@comcast.net

0
Jaime
6/14/2010 1:52:23 PM
THX

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The IR blaster is an emitter, you'll need both the emitter and receiver to
> control the cable box.
>
> Generally, it's cheaper to just buy the remote kit that included the IR
> stuff with a MC remote, you'll want something like this:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3390588
>
> There are several makers of Media Center remotes, search the web for
> others at other prices --  although, that is a fairly typical price, you
> might find it a little lower. Just make sure it includes both the receiver
> and emitter(s), some only include the USB receiver.
> --
> James
> Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."
> Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like
> hippies."
>

> "John L" <JohnLenz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> System - Vista Ultimate
>> Hauppauge TV card
>>
>> Issues : Comcast conversion to digital (DTA)
>>
>> I used the system for basic cable access. I have the directions for
>> installing Comcast DTA in Widows Media Center. It appears that I need a
>> USB IR receiver for this to work.
>>
>> What is the product name and where can I obtain one.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>>
>> *****************
>> John Lenz
>> JohnLenz@comcast.net

0
John
6/15/2010 2:40:07 PM
On 6/14/2010 8:57 AM, John L wrote:
> System - Vista Ultimate
> Hauppauge TV card
>
> Issues : Comcast conversion to digital (DTA)
>
> I used the system for basic cable access. I have the directions for
> installing Comcast DTA in Widows Media Center. It appears that I need a
> USB IR receiver for this to work.
>
> What is the product name and where can I obtain one.
>
> Thanks in advance

Google: USB IR BLASTER

loads of results.

I take it that you already have an IR receiver and remote to control your
MCE computer? Typically the receiver and remote come with a blaster.
0
John

Obtaining CWnd
I using a function to get information about the current DC. In this case, I want to grab the current DC and save it off so that I might modify it to retrieve information about a particular font. CClientDC wants a CWnd *. Previously, I would save a ptr to the main application window but I'm trying to provide a better encapsulation so I don't have to rely on an external ptr of sorts. Is there an API call that will allow me to get the pointer to the main application (process)? This is a scaled down implementation of the function - CSize DisplayHandler::TextDimension(const TCHAR *T...

Obtaining variables during a userform_initialize event
I am using the worksheet_beforedoubleclick event to open a userform. During the userform_initialize event I need to obtain value of the 'target' arguement that is referenced in the worksheet_beforedoubleclick event. How can I obtain this value? Do I need to go with a public variable? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It depends on how and where you are going to use the variable populated with the target.value --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Problems in the string articlexml obtained

Obtaining the correct results from a two table query
I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and the colour field in table B not containing �Y�. How do I modify the code below to achieve this? SELECT A_Date, A.Received, A.ID, B. Colour FROM A LEFT JOIN B ON DDP_A.Main = B.Main WHERE (((A.Received)= -1) AND ((B.Colour <> �Y�)); jo@jo.uk wrote: >I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is >just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and >the colo...

How to obtain a median?
Hello the graphic design tool allows the user to obtain the mean of a column of numbers in a table. Is there a suggested way to obtain a median? Thank you, Keith There is nothing built in that does that. You will have to write the code to do it for you. Here is some info on the rules for calculating a median: http://www.mathsisfun.com/median.html -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Keith" wrote: > Hello > the graphic design tool allows the user to obtain the mean of a column of > numbers in a table. Is there a suggested way to obtain a median? > Thank you, &...

How to obtain process handle ??
I want my application obtain HANDLE to itself. How do this ?? -- __ phoenix_ phoenix_@wp.pl "phoenix" <phoenix_@wp.pl> wrote in message news:bn3pn0$28t$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > I want my application obtain HANDLE to itself. How do this ?? > GetWindowThreadProcessId >I want my application obtain HANDLE to itself. How do this ?? GetCurrentProcess Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq > GetWindowThreadProcessId The return value is the identifier of the thread that created the window!!! It is not a handle - (maybe i am wrong, but the identif...

Where to obtain IR Blaster?
System - Vista Ultimate Hauppauge TV card Issues : Comcast conversion to digital (DTA) I used the system for basic cable access. I have the directions for installing Comcast DTA in Widows Media Center. It appears that I need a USB IR receiver for this to work. What is the product name and where can I obtain one. Thanks in advance -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net The IR blaster is an emitter, you'll need both the emitter and receiver to control the cable box. Generally, it's cheaper to just buy the remote kit that included the IR s...

Obtaining values from datafile
Hi i would like to know how to obtain values from a datafile and store it into edit controls... If i enter a particular value similar to that in a data file then i need to get all the correspnding values into other edit control ????????? (1) Open the file (2) Read a record (3) Put the values in edit controls (4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary SetWindowText works very well for putting values into edit controls. GetWindowText for retrieving them. See my essays (such as Avoiding GetDlgItem) on my MVP Tips site. You could even use UpdateData if you don't mind all the other cumbersome f...

obtaining more relevant templates
Dear All Is there anywhere I can beg borrow or buy publisher templates more applicable to the UK. Regards -- nebb ...

Obtaining the CString buffer
Hello everybody. I have a class to encrypt data and its functions are: void Encrypt(unsigned char* buf, size_t n) void Decrypt(unsigned char* buf, size_t n) As you can see they need a char buffer, I want to encrypt/decrypt a CString, How can I obtain the CString buffer? 'CString::GetBuffer()' need the buffer length, how can I obtain it? CStrings could be ANSI or UNICODE. Thanks in advance, William GS William GS wrote: > Hello everybody. > I have a class to encrypt data and its functions are: > > void Encrypt(unsigned char* buf, size_t n) > void Decrypt(unsigned ch...

How rreliable is the CLSID method of obtaining a file location?
Folks I'm wanting to determine the version of various DAO, MSJet, ACE and ADO DLLs. One means of doing this is by using a CSIDL to get to C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\msado15.dll (or close and then adding on system\ado as requiired.) Elsewhere it has been suggested that I should use the CLSID. In this case the entire key is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000535-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}\InprocServer32 which I got from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266668 Is this a relable method especially if dealing with other language OSs? Is this the best, recommended...

How to obtain the Distribution List of a Sender
Hello, I'd like to know if it's possible to find if the sender of a mail over Exchange server is a member of an specific Distribution List (in Exchange) so this mail can be automatically marked. In other words, i´d like to konw if i can acces the organizational address book. I'm afraid no but i ask here to confirm it. I'm using Outlook 2003. If i used Outlook 2007 would it be possible? The solution should't show any prompts because a macro has to do this job on the Inbox folder automatically. Lot of thanks, Alberto. The GAL (Global Addr...

eConnect Unable to obtain the next note index
Hi, I am trying to import data of PO from Excel to GP through eConnect. When I write a code on taPOHdr, I get error " eConnect Unable to obtain the next note index". Does any one have any idea why I am having this problem? Thanks ...

obtaining deleated mail
Had e-mail that were deleted when closing outlook. Is there a way to date back and get old e-mails back off the hard drive? Dawn <dawn@summitactivities.com> wrote: > Had e-mail that were deleted when closing outlook. Is > there a way to date back and get old e-mails back off the > hard drive? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

how can i obtain polynomial constants when using trendlines.
how can i obtain polynomial constants when using trendlines. i sometimes need to used these constants in other calculations but must manually enter them in another context. Hi, Let's suppose that the x- and y- ranges are in A2:A51 and B2:B51 respectively, and you are fitting a 6-order polynomial to your data. Select a 7 column x 1 row area, enter the following formula, and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B51,A2:A51^{0,1,2,3,4,5,6},0,) The formula will return the 7 coefficients, starting from the zeroth order and ending with the 6th order. If you want to have the co...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

How do you obtain a Window Handle?
I am a beginner and having a very difficult time with some tasks. Does anyone have a COMPLETE example of how to obtain the handle of a Child window in VC++ 6? All the examples I have found contain incomplete information. It is as-if one needed to know the handle to the window to obtain the handlt to the window. I've tried ever process I can find in my MSDN Library and they all seen to compare with a cat chasing it's own tail. Take a look at the CWnd::GetWindow() member function. You should be able to pass GW_CHILD and then GW_NEXT in a loop to get all the child windows of a given...

Obtain Top Value from Table
I am attempting to pull a random set of records using a Random Number and the Top Value function. The Top Value changes depending on the specific group I am looking at so I would like to obtain the Top Value from a table rather than entering manually. First, the appropriate statistically significant sample size is determined for each group in my table by the query below. The sample size and group information are added to [tbl_tt_sample_size]. INSERT INTO tbl_tt_sample_size ( MonthSample, Code, Fac, Sample ) SELECT DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) AS MonthSer, tbl_t...

How to obtain mainboard information via WMI class Win32_Baseboard ?
every Guru: I know the matherboard information is contained WMI class Win32_Baseboard, but how can get the class object ? any one could give me some sample code ? ...

Obtain server IP
Is there a way for my Access 2000 application to progammatically determine the IP address of another computer it has browsed to? You should be able to adapt the code found at http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/network/iplookup.htm to do this in your db. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Pastor Del" wrote: > Is there a way for my Access 2000 application to progammatically determine > the IP a...

Obtaining series of data that adds up to a particular large figure
I have a large figure and series of other small figures on differen rows. How do I get the different sets of small figures that exactly or almos add up to the large figure:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can try to use solver under tools>solver (if it is not there select it from under tools>add-ins and keep the office/excel cd handy and follow instructions) Put the series of small figures in a range, select that range and click in the n...

obtaining mailbox size
does anyone know of anyway to dump the size of indiviual mailbox's to a file. I am just looking to get the mailbox size. i cant find anything on the MS site. Thanks Jason Hi Jason, One way that you can do this is to open up the Exchange System Manager and navigate down to the mailbox store that the user is on. You can then expand the mailbox store and you will see "Mailboxes" listed below it. Right-click on "Mailboxes" and choose Export List. This will save out all of the details that you see when you click on Mailboxes. You could then open this file up in Excel ...

MS Query
Hi thanks for any advice you can offer. Attempting to build a pivot table using external data, connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server. I paste the SQL that I use in Enterprise Mgr directly into MS Query. When I execute the query, the dataset is displayed in MS Query - all 107,000 records. When I ask MS Query to return the data to Excel, I get this message: "Problems Obtaining Data." Help. Thanks, gt Which version of excel are you using? All versions except 2007 have a limit of 65536 rows and cannot present your data that exceeds 100000 rows On Oct 26, 10:07 pm, gtgtgt <g...

How to obtain last cost.
What is the difference between the Purchase Line Item Table (POP10110) and the Purchase Line Item History (POP30110) table? I'm trying to export the last cost for each item in our Great Plains database. I've queried table POP10110 and some items we stock were not in the results. Table POP30110 has those missing items. Is these where I should be looking for last cost? If not, where. Thanks, Joe Joe, POP10110 is the PO Line WORK table. POP30110 is the PO Line History table. Neither of these tables will have your actual last cost in them - only the PO cost. Have a look at ...

How do I edit labels for the Barcode Blaster?
My Barcode Blaster labels were perfect until I replaced my computer. Now they are printing too small, so the scanner is having difficulty reading the code. Typical Microsoft. Open the label to be edited with Label Designer. Choose the label and you're told Label Designer cannot be used to edit Barcode Blaster labels. "See Store Operations documentation for assistance in editing Barcode Blaster labels." The only problem is, there's no help in the documentation. I was talked into switching from Quicksell 2000 to RMS. Whereas before I could print labels from the POS soft...