Play BluRay

How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

0
Lorin
3/30/2010 6:40:25 AM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

there is no native support for BluRay. some third party BluRay software, such as
recent versions of WinDVD provides limited support inside the Media Center
interface.

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:40:25 -0700, "Lorin" <lorinm@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
>internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
Barb
3/30/2010 8:15:39 AM
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:40:25 -0700, Lorin wrote:

> How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
> internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

Connect the analog output from the player to the analog input of the
computer, or some variant on that idea.

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:24:19 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid>
wrote:

>Connect the analog output from the player to the analog input of the
>computer, or some variant on that idea.

>> How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
>> internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
Barb
3/31/2010 8:29:57 AM
Try using vlc media player.        http://www.videolan.org/vlc/      It does
not integrate with WMC but does have the appropriate codecs.

"Lorin" <lorinm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
> internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

0
rak
3/31/2010 3:35:02 PM
I just wanted to challenge the OP with a difficult task :-)

Thanks for the correction. I interpreted instead of reading...When I saw
player/recorder instead of the more normal terms deck or drive, I assumed
he actually meant player/recorder, and I completely missed the preceding
adjective.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 04:29:57 -0400, Barb Bowman wrote:

> that could be a little tough with an internal player as the OP mentioned the
> device as being internal
>
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:24:19 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>Connect the analog output from the player to the analog input of the
>>computer, or some variant on that idea.
>

>>> How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
>>> internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0
Gene
3/31/2010 7:06:10 PM
Or u need to rip your blu-ray disc first since most media players can support encrypted Blu-ray disc.
And this tool: http://www.pavtube.com/blu-ray-ripper/
can help u rip the blu-ray movie off of disc without quality loss, then play with VLC.

Lorin wrote:

Play BluRay
30-Mar-10

How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

On Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:40 AM
Lorin wrote:

Play BluRay
How do I get Vista Media Center play BluRay movie disks that I put in my
internal LG BluRay/DVD compatible player/recorder?

On Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:15 AM
Barb Bowman wrote:

there is no native support for BluRay.
there is no native support for BluRay. some third party BluRay software, such as
recent versions of WinDVD provides limited support inside the Media Center
interface.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

On Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:24 PM
Gene E. Bloch wrote:

Connect the analog output from the player to the analog input of thecomputer,
Connect the analog output from the player to the analog input of the
computer, or some variant on that idea.

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

wrote:

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

On Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:35 AM
rak wrote:

Try using vlc media player.        http://www.videolan.
Try using vlc media player.        http://www.videolan.org/vlc/      It does
not integrate with WMC but does have the appropriate codecs.

On Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:06 PM
Gene E. Bloch wrote:

I just wanted to challenge the OP with a difficult task :-)Thanks for the
I just wanted to challenge the OP with a difficult task :-)

Thanks for the correction. I interpreted instead of reading...When I saw
player/recorder instead of the more normal terms deck or drive, I assumed
he actually meant player/recorder, and I completely missed the preceding
adjective.

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/77429274-e89f-49c2-a93a-b290f013f649/entity-framework-40-and-the-ajax-autocomplete-extender.aspx
0
Jacob

Burned DVDs not playing in vcr
Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:54:02 -0800, RLBBBJ <RLBBBJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me, dvds play fine on the computer but will not play in the >playstation, dvd players, etc? Thank you very much for your help. Usually PCs are quite flexible for DVD playback, where hardware devices may not be. One critical step for working with standalone DVD players is the DVD disk should be "finalised" which ...

Not playing some files
I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed WMP is Version 11.0.6002.18111 My player will play some files but not others. The files are either mp3, wma or wav. but the player will play some of the group but not others of the same group. It doesn't seem to distinguish. In other words it seems to take pot luckas to whether it will play a file or not. WMP is the default player Can you help please? On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:40:01 -0700, Brian S <Brian S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have Vista Home Premium with SP 2 installed > >WMP is...

DVD plays backround music but doesn't play voice or effects
OP System: Windows 7 I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backround music works, but the voices and sound effects are absent. Anybody had this problem before? Ive got all my updates, so I think WMP just stopped supporting the some of the codecs for older DVD's. Just seemed odd, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks. On Apr 22, 10:45=A0pm, TommyTheGun <TommyThe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OP System: Windows 7 > > I put in a DVD that's around 12 years old, and the visual and the backrou= nd > music wor...

MP11 ripping CD only plays WAV
Help! This has got to be something simple. I'm new to MP11 on Vista. Can play CD's thru MP11 fine. Ripping CD appears to complete OK, but playback from Library only works with WAV rips. Tried the WMV's and MP3. Any other format seems to lockup MP11 playback and nothing (even the WAV's) playback. Fixes upon restart of MP11. Copied MP3 file from MP11 into another box running MP10 - and it plays fine. Similar problem for me too, except that I'm using XP. Anybody know how to solve this? I even tried re-installing this thing but it just won'...

wmp cannot play file
file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how do i sort it please. ..iso is an image file and it doesn't get "played." You need a burning program like imgburn to burn the image to a CD/DVD. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "stoneage" <stoneage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637CE0D3-90E6-4217-A908-13F5C5A8BE70@microsoft.com... > file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how > do i > ...

any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 ?
any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 any plug-in, or anything... nrnr wrote: > any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 > any plug-in, or anything... Somply: No, this is not possible. You could add a link to a file and then call it with the standard player. Rainald ...

what plays if you click play right after start
Mostly I open up WMP and immediately click play button. WMP creates automatically a playlist and starts playing. I always wondered if it's just random songs or any kind of systematic behind the choosen songs!? I am using Win XP and WMP 11. besides...I am really a fan of not having to choose what I like to hear, maybe anyone has also tips for creating never-ending playlists that automatically refer to a mood or last song(s) :) On my system, immediately clicking Play after WMP startup starts playing the Last Played playlist. This playlist contains the same items as the ...

Play a .wav file in my VB6 program?
How can I play a .wav file from my VB6 app? I want to develop a VB6 app that can play a .wav file through the computer's built-in sound system. The files it plays will not be music - they will be pre-recorded voice messages. I downloaded and tested the ShellExecute program from Randy Birch's site. It plays the .wav file alright but it invokes Windows Media Player to do the actual playing. I would like to have the file play without anything visible happening on the screen. IOW, I would like to be able to click on a button and have the sound file play. Is there any way thi...

Auto-playing music during other animations
How do I play a sound file automatically from the beginning of one slide, but also run a sequence of other animations during the song without having to wait for the song to end? Setting the other animations to "start with previous" and delaying each one a few more seconds than the last is tedious and takes forever. I wish I could play the song independently from my long custom animation list so I can use the "start after previous" button for my animations and make my life easier. Any suggestions? The other animations should start "Vith previous" ev...

media play 11 plays .avi files but no picture, just sound
hi i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 when i now to to play 'movie' files through media player the sound works but not the picture (screen is black) i can play the files with Quicktime okay i have tried wmv and avi files and both the same result can anyone help me pls thx i have the same problem.......grrrr pls help "Rea1356" wrote: > hi > i have windows xp profession version 2002 - service pack 3 > > media palyer 11 .0.5721.5268 > > when i now to to play 'movie&#...

music files start to play but stop playing after a few seconds
I have Vista operating system. Windows Media PLayer version is 11.0.6002.18005. My problem is I start windows media player audio files the music plays for a few seconds then stops. The slide bar continues to progress but there is no sound. I tried a resart of both program and computer, neither helped. I tried to re-download Windows Media Player but I could not because it said I have the latest version. Is there a fix for this issue. I have searched on-line and windows help to no avail. thanks Cecil Problems like this can usually be solved by updating the sound card drive...

Can a sound play when headers are downloaded?
Hi all, I recently set my settings to download a copy of the header only because I am getting viruses and in this way I keep them on the server and not on my machine. However, this has been a problem because I rely so heavily on notification and there seems to be none for headers. Any solutions? ...

svchost Plug&Play and DComLaunch
When I connect my notebook to internet , svchost (Plug&Play and DComLaunch) requires a lot of CPU and memory. Therefore I constrain to kill this process, else I cannot work with my pc. Anyway it seems my notebook works properly after this operation. How can I avoid to kill that svchost each time? Why does it require a lot of resources uselessly? ...

how to sort by number of times played, and last played?
Hi, I've been keeping track of the songs played by my band for the last few weeks, and I want to be able to sort the list by how often the song has been played, and also by when it was played last. Currently I have column headings of: [date] [set number] [song number (within the set)] [song name] and I would like to get a list [or report, whatever] like this: [song name] [times played] song 1����� 26 song 2����� 24 song 3����� 20 song 4����� 20 song 5����� 16 etc and also: [song name] [last played] song 1����� [date][set][no.] song 2����� [date][set][no.] song 3����� [date][set...

playing rm file
hello i want to play an rm file using VC++. i got an activeX control by which i am able to play ra(audio) files how will i get the active x control for playing rm(video) files priya ...

WMP 11 Click a song, it plays the one below it...
My WMP 11.0.5721.5268 has started acting funny... if you are looking at just one album and click a song to play it plays the one under that... ie; if you wish to play the first song you must click the last song. In a large list (like browsing newly added music) if you click on a song it will play something from two or three albums down the list. Also, I notice that if I start dropping songs in the playlist it will play the first thing I drop (like normal), but then when you go to drop more songs in to add to the playlist it puts those songs above the song playing and not below ...

Web video play issue
This is my computer config; Intel Calpella CPU(i7-620M), Win7 HP 32b, 4GB DDR3, IE8.0.... When I palying some video file on the web, sometiems the audio and video stop shortly or hang the video and make audio noise. Don't you see like this issue? Thanks, Hi BL, Yes, sometimes.... usually when I have exceeded my download limits with my ISP and they throttle back my connection speed, or during peek times when I am watching something that is popular. There is only so much water you can fit in a pipe. You can adjust your Flash buffering by right clicking on some players ...

WMP 11
When playing back a song, the information I want in nice large font that I can see from across the room is - the track name, - the contributing artist (not the album artist, particularly for compilations) and - the album name . On both the PC and mobile versions all I get is the track name, with a scrolling list in small font below it. Nice to see the album cover, but what about its name? Most of this information in the scolling list I would only want to see if I went to the "properties" list, and I have to wait for the artist and album to show up. If I am...

media play goes away when playing cd/dvd
acts like it starting then disappears.... plays installation disks etc... -- JJ ...

Windows Media Player won't play ANY music it played yesterday
As of this morning, none of my music will play. I'm using Windows 7. I haven't done anything between today and yesterday that I can think of which may have resulted in Worked fine yesterday and it will work using my HP Media Player. I haven't installed any new programs or music recently. Online help related to the error message wasn't applicable for what mine is doing... Here's the error message: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. What&...

Playing Animated Clip art in a Publisher document
I found some animated clip art on line - but when I save it and try to insert it into Publisher, it does not play? What can I do to correct this? Publisher will only play animated clipart if you are saving it as a web publication for the purpose of uploading as a web page. Standard print publications will not play animated clipart. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "jla587" <jla587@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0000F14A-4D58-413A...

Record and play macros in application
I've been asked if I can add a macro record/playback facility to an application I've developed. Does anyone know if there's an API for this? Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions how I should undertake this task? Pitfalls to avoid? Anything at all really. It seems, at first glance, that there's two ways to do this; add a 'record' option (in the code) to every place a user can "do" something (e.g. a dialog is about to be displayed, control values have been changed) or to somehow record mouse clicks and key presses whilst recording. Both m...

List of songs played
Hello all, WIndows Media player 10 or 11 on Windows Xp. Is there a way to see what songs someone has played on windows media player? Maybe a log file. Event Viewer does not show anything Thanks in advance ...

Playing DVD content using Windows Media Player 11.
I have the necessary codecs installed which are required to play DVD content using Windows Media Player 11 under Windows Vista Business SP2. The disc’s AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders were copied to the computer’s hard drive. I double-click the VIDEO_TS.IFO file to begin playback. If Windows Media Player is restarted the content resumes play at the point where Windows Media Player was originally closed. Is it possible to always have Windows Media Player 11 play DVD video from the beginning title either from a setting within the normal interface options or perhaps through a regi...

Best way to play Video files on an Access form?
Hello, My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be storing Videos. The client wants to play those videos on an Access form. I know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle this is. I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks! Rico ...