Media Center Wont Record Items on the Recording Shedule

I have marked "Record the Series" on several TV Programs and the red dot is
showing were ever it is required to accord with this schedule.
Yet it does not record
 I am  running Windows 7  32 bit and the copy I am using is a week old
rebuild making a new copy
When I look at the guide whilst the program is playing live it has the
message  "This program will be recorded"
It should be recording now but isnt and it does not start.
So far I have carried out the following checks
1.Recording is set to go to the  D Drive where there are two relevant
folders included in the Media Library
D:/Recorded TV   and   D:\Users\Public\Recorded TV
2 The D drive and all its folcers are shared by everyone. I am the owner
3  There does not seem to be anything wrong with the clock
4. I  have reinstalled the Hauppage driver and reinstalled the TV settings
5.  I have downloaded the Guide several times

None of this has made any diference to this evening's attempts to record my
wifes favourite TV
Now I am sure you all know how fatal that can be.
Please help someone
Roger Stenson

0
Roger
6/8/2010 9:36:02 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you manually start a recording while the show is running?

Are there any relevant errors in the Event Viewer?
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

"Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> wrote in message
> I have marked "Record the Series" on several TV Programs and the red dot
> is showing were ever it is required to accord with this schedule.
> Yet it does not record
> I am  running Windows 7  32 bit and the copy I am using is a week old
> rebuild making a new copy
> When I look at the guide whilst the program is playing live it has the
> message  "This program will be recorded"
> It should be recording now but isnt and it does not start.
> So far I have carried out the following checks
> 1.Recording is set to go to the  D Drive where there are two relevant
> folders included in the Media Library
> D:/Recorded TV   and   D:\Users\Public\Recorded TV
> 2 The D drive and all its folcers are shared by everyone. I am the owner
> 3  There does not seem to be anything wrong with the clock
> 4. I  have reinstalled the Hauppage driver and reinstalled the TV settings
> 5.  I have downloaded the Guide several times
>
> None of this has made any diference to this evening's attempts to record
> my wifes favourite TV
> Now I am sure you all know how fatal that can be.
> Please help someone
> Roger Stenson

0
Jaime

Form Record Source
Hi The form source used to be a table then at a later stage I set a query to be the record source. Now the client is complaining that when many users open the same record it loses that record (this suggestion is not proven) Can the change of the record source be related to the problem that they experience now Thank you, Samuel Using a query as the source for a form is not a problem. If you have not already done so, split the database so that each user has an independent copy of the front end. If that's a new idea, see: Split your MDB file into data and application at: h...

Copying form and subform to new record (using tip from Allen Browne's website)
I'm using code from Allen Browne's website for copying data from a form and its subform into a new record. I keep getting syntax errors when running. I've quadruple checked the field names. Any ideas what is causing the errors? code> strSql = "INSERT INTO Tbl_WorkorderEntry (Log#, LogLetter, Description, OrderType, CoatingType, SourceType, SourcePlatform, SourceFileType, SourceFileName, FilePrep, Quantity, Originals, Format, Paper1, Paper2, Paper3, Paper4, Paper5, Paper6, FinishedPieces, FinishedSize, FinishingServices, PricingNotes, ItemsPricing, Pricing, Ex...

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and Media Extender XBOX 360.
Dear friends! I cannot get my XBOX 360 to communicate (via hard wire) to my WMC7 PC. I have tried everything i found on internet regarding this problem. This is the error message i've got in the Media Center Log: Media Center Extender Setup failed as the Extender was detected on the network but the UPnP search for the Extender failed (timed out after 20000ms). Som data about my environment: -Netgear Router FVS318v3 with latest firmware and UPNP enabled. UPNP works fine in my home network. -Xbox 360 and Windows 7 PC are on same neetwork. -Xbox 360 Live connections wor...

"Items to review " number will not go away (stuck)
I have been using the internet update option to download transactions. I have been able to review all items until my last download. Now I have (7)items to review but really I do not. How do I reset the Items to review. I have Money2003 In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >I have been using the internet update option to download >transactions. I have been able to review all items until >my last download. Now I have (7)items to review but >really I do not. How do I reset the Items to review. I >have Money2003 In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files...

Designation is not importing into resource center with resources
I synchronizing project server 2007 with Active Directory. after synchronization there is one field AD which is designation of the user .. which is not import into project server . I want Designation also import into project server with synchronized resources. how to do this Sam: You would need to write your own sync routine. The built-in synchronization routine is not extensible. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sa...

Looping through records and creating ID field
Hi there - I'm doing a database that will need to link with a Paradox database. To accomplish this I need to make a certain field in Access. I basically have a table that contains a persons first name and surname. I need to create another field called ID Make that takes the first six characters of the first name, adds in a hyphen and then adds in the first character of the surname. I can do this easily with a query like: Left([First Name],6) & "-" & Left([Surname],1) For example the name William Gates would be turned into: Willia-G Now here comes ...

Media player queuing
I have (now) windows xp home, because windows blew up and I had to re-install my operating system. Before, I played audio tracks with my choice media player, Media Monkey. I could right-click an audio track in my comp and in the box that popped up, I could see these options : play next, play last (and more). I could queue several tracks in the player. Well, I've read every line of every catagory and sub-catagory in the player and can't figure out how to do that again! I DID right-click an audio file and chose : open with - then chose Monkey and also chose ALWAYS open the...

Item Master Update
I would like to know what tasks, procedures or actions within GP affects the Item Master (IV00101) regarding the field CURRENT COST. This is the scenario that i have and its why i am asking.... I have a manufacture item lets call it ETV If i go to the manufacturing BOM my ETV build cost is: 119.3077 dollars If i go to the Item Master my ETV cost is: 125.11 dollars I know that labor is added so i created a stored procedure where it gives me the number of manufactured items, the cost of the bom based on the components last receipt, landed cost for each component on last receipt, selling price...

Edit Records
I have a combo box on a form used to lookup records. It seems that in order for this combo box to work, I must set Allow Edits to Yes, making the entire form (minus locked records) editable. I only want records to be editable, however, if the user presses a command button. I tried some VBA coding to modify the RecordsetType upon a click of an 'edit button.' This, however, didn't work well and I figured there's a simpler way. Thoughts? 1. Allow a combo box to function on a form without the ability to edit/ change a record. 2. create a command control to set allow edits to ...

Windows Media Center ??
Is it possible to run windows Media center under windows xp- pro ? The links that I can find seem to want you to up grade to windows 7 ... there are some old posts to downloads for the center .. but these seem to be now upgraded to windows 7 I have a hap TV card .. which requires the media center to use the dual tuner facility .. not - windows media player .. this is not suitable tnx - G . WinXP MCE and WinXP Pro are pretty much (but not quite) the same thing. If your hardware is compatible, you might consider "upgrading" to ...

Hi There, I'm a total amateur writing a nifty little jukebox for my house, with a few bits of security in preparation for a party... ;) As a result I'm trying to use Visual C++ with an Windows Media Player ActiveX control.... And getting absolutely nowhere... Can anyone shed any light on the methods I need to use? Also I can't seem to find out how to query id3 tag data with c++... Anyone out there who's can help a bewildered newbie?? Cheers How are you doing it now? Where are you stuck. Here is what I would do. Go to your resource editor, and add the ActiveX control...

Problems with Media Center, Media Player!!
I am havinb a Windows XP Media Center 2005 os on my laptop. I am using the laptop since 2-3 years now. Every thing was working fine till a month back. Last month, my graphics card had a problem and cause of that I had to change the motherboard of the laptop. It was done by authorized HP service center. After that I am facing a strang frustrating problem. The speaker on/off button on my Media Center key pad of the laptop is acting wierd, and speakers are geting on/off randomly, at the same time It launches the Media Center, Quick Play and Media Player randomly whenever this spea...

Item Picture on Receipt
Hi guys Just wondering if anyone has been able to print the item picture on the receipt using the xml template. I can't seem to be able to use the <PICTURE> tag in the For loop when processing the entry lines on the receipt. Any ideas appreciated. Steve I'm just starting the requirements gathering process for an add-in project to provide this functionality. Contact me directly at the address below with your needs and maybe we'll be able to help you out soon. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ------------------------...

Item Dynamic table size
Hello,e I've been doing some cleaning in our HQ db on items that are no longer sold in our locations. I've had success in deleting the appropriate items however I noticed that our item dynamic table is quite large, over 2,000,000 rows. Is there an sql script available to update the Item Dynamic table based on the Items in the Item table? Thanks in adavance Joe This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01CA9A95.F6339260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Joe, Bad idea to de...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

Magnetic Media for prior years
My client needs to send copies of their W2's to SS for 2007. They didn't own mag media then. When I go in to create the file it only gives me 2008 as an option. Is there a way to make 2007 data available so we don't have to re-print 200 W2's? Thanks for any help. Tracey D ...

Error opening "Item" in a person "Contact" File
Hello, When I go to a person's Contact file, in Contacts, and open it I get a error message when trying to open a Item that I have inserted from the Calander. (Item is a link to the person's Birthday that is a calander event with reacurance set for every year). The error is; "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook many times as well as rebooting Outlook and the same error. My ICQ address is 9749581 if anyone has any ideas.... Thanks Chris. Ill try to explain better. I use the ...

SMTP and Sent Items
Hi all, I am confused in the following matter and want to get some opinion... Current our office have a Exchange 2003 SP2 server running and clients are running a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on SMTP (and some on X.400 as well). When users from X.400 sends email from outlook client, the items do appear on their Exchange Mail box sent items (this is obvious), but when SMTP users sends their email, the email does not behave the same way. Here are the questions I have? 1. Is this normal? By that I mean I believed that both should have a copy in their exchange mail box, but doesn&...

downloaded transactions wont be reviewed
A have several transactions that arent showing up. Downloaded transactions had been working fine until recently. I'm not sure what changed. A couple of accounts seem okay but most wont show the new anymore. I emptied the temp folder and tried to solve problem on another pc as well. In microsoft.public.money, RainerWolfcastle wrote: >A have several transactions that arent showing up. >Downloaded transactions had been working fine until >recently. I'm not sure what changed. A couple of >accounts seem okay but most wont show the new anymore. I >emptied th...

Consolidate items into one view (flagged items)
Does anyone know how I can create a single view in Outlook that will show: -- This week's calendar -- Active tasks due this week and prior -- Emails flagged for follow up -- Contacts flagged for follow up I can make a view for these items for mail, calendar, task or contact folders, but I can't figure out how to make one view or report which consolidates it all in one place. Outlook Today doesn't seem to be customizable enough, and using outlook controls on a web page doesn't seem to allow me to choose a non-default view. Thanks It is not possible. --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Sale batch report with the total quantity sold per item
How i can setup a sale batch report with the total quantity sold per item in the given batch # range for each item Example: Batch :45 Item :464343 Qty 12 Item :678445 Qty 67 etc. here is a query that will give that result for the current day: select t.storeid, batchnumber, itemlookupcode, sum(e.quantity) qty from [transaction] t join transactionentry e on t.storeid=e.storeid and e.transactionnumber=t.transactionnumber join item on itemid=item.id where time>convert(char,getdate(),101) group by t.storeid, batchnumber, itemlookupcode order by t.storeid, batchnumber, itemloo...

Ex2003: Restore mail items from PRIV and PUB?
Is there a cheap/free/easy utility to allow me to extract a mail items from a restored Exchange 2003 PRIV/PUB set, for example to a PST file or ??? Thanks! Ontrack PowerControls. http://www.ontrack.com/email/ you know who maybe wrote: > Is there a cheap/free/easy utility to allow me to extract a mail items from > a restored Exchange 2003 PRIV/PUB set, for example to a PST file or ??? > > Thanks! That's cheap? -GT "Goat" <red.straub@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109784981.395443.233320@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Ontrack PowerControls...

Find Record
Instead of using a Macro to find a record in a lookup, I need to first make sure the record is not locked. I check this on the before update property and if it is locked I do not allow the: DoCmd.FindRecord cboFileNumberLookup.Column(0), acAnywhere, False, acSearchAll, True, acAll to execute. This above code does NOT return the Id I need to select the record with. What is wrong with the syntax? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! Janis ...

Media Player 11 Changes Media Icons On All My Media Files
I just loaded MP11 and suddenly realized the icons on all my media files had been changed to some icon I did not recognize. The Media application icon is as it should be but files I am use to looking at have changed. It is possible to revert this back or do I need to just roll back to MP10 Media File Icon before: ****************** Media File after upgrade to MP7: begin 666 1WinMedia 7 file Icon Before.jpeg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0```0`!``#_VP!#``$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$! M`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0'_ MVP!#`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0...

Pivot Table: How do I hide calculated items that result in zero?
Pivot Table: How do I hide calculated items that result in zero? NOT zero values but rather the sum of the values which result in zero. EXAMPLE of top portion of pivot table: Position (All) Sum of Position Instrument Total MSFT 0 ====>>>> this is what I want to hide DELL -100 HP 0 =====>>>this is what I want to hide TOY 131 But I am getting the following error message when attempting to hide the zero sums: "You cannot hide this selection"....