MCE2005 takes awhile deleting a file..

Have Media Center 2005 at home.

When I right click a file and try to delete it, it takes 15 or 20 seconds.

Anybody know why? The file isn't that large. Could be just a PDF on my
desktop, or even a text file or JPG.

0
yuppicide
6/21/2010 2:25:58 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"yuppicide" <nosir@nosir.com> wrote in

> Have Media Center 2005 at home.
>
> When I right click a file and try to delete it, it takes 15 or 20
> seconds.
>
> Anybody know why? The file isn't that large. Could be just a PDF on my
> desktop, or even a text file or JPG.

Could the file be in use? Windows takes about 30 seconds to kill a file if
in use.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Can't Open Excel File
I have a very large excel file (63mb) that I can't open. Everytime I try it thinks for a while and then spits out the error "Not Enough Memory." Now the file is ugly, using many external links, vlookups, etc. One sheet is about 8000 rows by 40 columns with many of those columns being fairly complex formulas involving a dozen other columns. Now I know what you're thinking, what the heck is he using Excel for something this complicated? But it's grown beyond what I expected it to be and I don't have time (right now) to move it into any other program. That aside, m...

deleting calendar schedules does not delete invitees
Hello everyone, I am running exchange 2000 and outlook 2002 and 2003. When a user schedules a meeting with another user and then deletes the meeting, the meeting does not get deleted from the invitees calendar. Is there a bug in exchange? Is there a workaround? Thanks for your help. HK When the user cancels the meeting, is there a prompt to notify attendees? If yes, then the user needs to accept the prompt and notify the attendees. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ma...

Can't always find XLA file
I have run into a problem where the path to a XLA file is not always correct on systems that are using a roaming profile. When I launch Excel from my desktop the path to the XLA file is correct. The problem occurs when Excel is launched by IE when selecting a XLS file from a web page. I have the "Browse in same window" option turned off so Excel is launched in its own window. The drive letter of my roaming profile network drive (T:) is used in the path to the XLA file rather than the drive (C:) the XLA file is installed on. How does Excel build the path to the XLA file? In par...

AIW 9000 and MCE2005
I have dell PC (Dimension 4600) with ATI 9000 readon card. Recently I have upgraded my OS from MCE 2004 to MCE 2005. My MCE 2004 use to work without any issues but when I installed (with the help of DELL support), my Media Center stopped working. I am not able to play any video. I do not have any issues playing the video using other tools (example: Windows Media Player), never have any problems. I am getting error 'Your video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center', after I open Media Center in MCE2005. I have tried getting the drivers installed from AT...

HELP!!!! Exchange 2003 deleting emails
I have no idea why or when this started but my server has started emptying email boxes. Obviously this is very bad. It has happened to several users so far including myself. Auto archive is not set on the end users Outlook (2000) and (2003) Little to nothing is ever done to this server it has been pretty stable until this incident. Any ideas or suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dale On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:49:01 -0800, Dale <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have no idea why or when this started but my server has started emptying >email boxes. Obviousl...

cannot delete or move messages
Error: Microsoft Outlook: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. Alert box pops up when I try to right click on a message and select Delete. Also happened once when trying to move the messages to another folder, although after restarting Outlook, I was able to move the messages. Still cannot delete messages, however. This behavior just started happening today. Environment: Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP SP-1 EarthLink ISP Actions: Used detect and repair to reinstall Outlook Restart Windows Would have been nice for M$ to ale...

React on page deletion
Hi all, my drawings contain a table of contents. I would like to automatically update this table of contents in case the user deletes a page. Can anybody show me how I detect that the user deleted a page (perhaps with some example code)? My trials failed ... Thank you in advance. Regards, Michi ...

Hyperlink to a file #2
Working in Excel2003, I'm trying to hyperlink to a .pdf, but the Acrobat window won't stay open. The knowledgebase says that it'll only keep a hyperlinked file open when it's "dirty" - when it's been modified since the last save (i.e., it's open on your desktop already because you're working on it). That seems pretty dumb to me, so obviously (I hope) I'm missing something. Any ideas? The other alternative that I see is for me to change this database over into Access in the hopes that it plays better with file linking. IIRC, the problem was w...

When I am sending an email with my CV as an attachment, it takes
I am trying to send my 3-page CV as an attachment and when I open up the attachment, it shows me 6 little pages, can someone tell me why? And with what program was this attachment made? And what is that file size? "Email Attachment" <Email Attachment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB242E24-DA85-475D-8FBB-61681AA3BE44@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send my 3-page CV as an attachment and when I open up the > attachment, it shows me 6 little pages, can someone tell me why? Are you using the Word reading view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

how do you delete accounts with unposted activity?
How do you delete accounts with unposted activity? I can a dba so I can do it through the sql tables or interface. Basically: 1. We posted all journal entries for July 09. There are NO uposted entries. However, when we run the FRX financial report with the option TO INCLUDE ONLY UNPOSTED ACTITIVITY, the report showed that we have 4 accounts with unposted actitivities. 2. Youn can see a msg under each account that says : CAUTION:THE ABOVE TOTAL DOES NOT MATCH THE ACCOUNT BALANCE RECORD. That means these activities are not in the GL details. They showed up when we run the financials but n...

can not delete email
I have a user using outlook 2003 who can not delete a message. When she tries she get the following message: The item was found to contain a virus that could not be cleaned. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. We are using Exchange 2003 and Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 with Groupware Protection. The clients are also using NAV 9 How can I remove this email message? Thanks Might be a corrupt message - usually if you go into OWA there's no problem. -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "Nathan" ...

Navigating files and subfolders from a location
Hi, How do I go about getting a list of files and subfolders from a given location? I am using Visual Studio 6 and need to be able to provide a path, and then navigate through all of the sub folders and files, being able to open files at the same time. TIA Tony >How do I go about getting a list of files and subfolders from a given >location? Tony, FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose are the APIs to use - these are wrapped in MFC as the CFileFind class. Dave ...

CHotKeyCtrl do not catch space and delete keys
Why all combination of shift, ctrl and alt containing space od delte are recognized by CHotKeyCtrl as "none"? How to fix it? ...

MS Money 2008
After I log into Windows, Insight is running in my task bar. If I right-click on Insight and select 'Spending Insights', the Insight process (mnyinsit.exe) pegs my processor at 50% and takes as long as 90 SECONDS just to display the Spending Insights page. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of this app? My machine is only a few months old, plenty of processor/RAM, etc., running Windows Vista Ultimate. Guess I just bought Money 2008 for the bug fixes (assuming there were any, so far I've only found reference to two tiny bug fixes that have to do with saving backup files.......

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

How to link to files
Hi I have many .xls files in one folder, they have different file names but all of them have one worksheet called "Import", what I wish to do is to make Excell import data from every .xls file in directory but only the data which is placed in "Import" Sheet. Is this possible ? I couldnt find any other idea for importing data from many workbooks, maybe you have some better ideas ? regards Peter Hi Peter, You could create a new workbook call it 'Import.xls' say. Then create as many sheets as you require (i..e one for each external file), and within each of those ...

File Access
I recently had my hard drive replaced, and now I'm having trouble saving an Excel 2003 file on a network. My co-worker and I both access the same Excel file via a URL. When she opens it, she can make changes, and save it successfully. When she opens the file it opens as the file name it is saved as. When I open the file, I can make changes, but my changes don't save. The file opens as read only for me. The file is marked as a shared workbook, but its certainly not working that way for me. Any ideas to what I need to do? Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to read file #5
Dear Officer In Charge, I am using Office 2007 Professional. I have one file (I named this as target file) that contains some data that is linked to another file with protected hidden sheets (I named this file as source file). When I open the target file without opening the source file and update the links, the system will prompt me "Unable to read file.". Then, the system will help me to update the links in the file and the value in the target file becomes "#REF". However, if I open the source file, the links in the target file is refreshed with correct value. Wo...

Deleting message from OWA
Hi, Is there a way to delete a whole chunk of message from OWA ? instead of page by page. Got this account which always has load of junk and I did a search for expected items with the rest of message which I would removed. Is there a way to remove message. At present, I moved the wanted messsage to another folder and delete the rest page by page which take forevers (if you know the number of message involved is about 6,000 per day and there is only 25 message per page). Don't seems to be able to increase number of message display each page or anything which will help to speed up t...

Cards ->Inventory ->Sites ->Delete sites
We are trying to delete sites in our inventory we have removed the relationship of all part numbers/items to the site and have confirmed this by looking at the database to verify there are no parts assigned to the site. When we try to remove the site we keep getting hte error message "This site is assigned to items and cannot be deleted." Can someone tell us how to delete a site and why we keep getting this error message. Well, the error message seems to say that you have records in IV00102 with a site id matching the site you are trying to delete. Before deleting these ...

MCE2005 takes awhile deleting a file..
Have Media Center 2005 at home. When I right click a file and try to delete it, it takes 15 or 20 seconds. Anybody know why? The file isn't that large. Could be just a PDF on my desktop, or even a text file or JPG. "yuppicide" <nosir@nosir.com> wrote in news:uzQzr2UELHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > Have Media Center 2005 at home. > > When I right click a file and try to delete it, it takes 15 or 20 > seconds. > > Anybody know why? The file isn't that large. Could be just a PDF on my > desktop, or even a text file or JPG....

Signatures file
I want to transfer signatures from my old machine (Outlook 2007 on a Vista machine) to my new computer but am unable to locate the signatures file/folder. Any idea where this is stored? Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\ Windows Vista: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/filesandsettings.htm "JP" <JP@nomail> wrote in message news:ua2iMF8BKHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to transfer signatures from my old machine (Outlook 2007 on a Vista >machine) ...

how to recover a deleted calendar
I deleted my entire calendar in outlook 07 by mistake. Unfortunately I then synced my iphone thinking this would copy the calendar back but it deleted it from my phone as well. I've looked in deleted folder in outlook but that seems only to contain emails. Can I recover my calendar and if so how please? On 3/20/2010 5:12 PM, caroles wrote: > I deleted my entire calendar in outlook 07 by mistake. Unfortunately I then > synced my iphone thinking this would copy the calendar back but it deleted it > from my phone as well. I've looked in deleted folder in outlook but t...

Windows 7 will not take Corel Print House software it's old
I have a new PV Windows 7 which will not accept Corel Print House Magic. Is there a way round this. I do love this soft wareware. It is old. Thanking you. Adele This forum is dedicated to discussing issues relating to Microsoft Access Databases. Please repost your question in a Windows7 forum. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Adele" wrote: > I have a new PV Windows 7 which will not accept Corel Print...

Is it possible to recover a deleted sheet after saving the file?
I moved a sheet from File1 to File2. I saved File1 and closed it then closed File2 but accidentally clicked No when prompted to save. Now I don't have the sheet in either file. Any idea if the sheet is saved somewhere? It is not in the autobackup folder. If you don't have a backup, it's gone... In article <6C69FE0E-56A4-4EC7-88A1-7D93EBEF9A07@microsoft.com>, "RoseM" <RoseM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I moved a sheet from File1 to File2. I saved File1 and closed it then closed > File2 but accidentally clicked No when prompted to save....