Internet TV & Windows 7

Is there any way of adding to Windows 7 a URL from a TV web site that
broadcasts via the internet?

For example, Windows 7 already comes with a number of Internet TV sites
pre-programmed.  I'd simply like to add my own URL, say from one of the
over 3,000 wwitv.com internet TV streams.

0
me
5/13/2010 5:39:32 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

sorry, that cannot be done.

On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:39:32 -0400, me <me@me.me> wrote:

>Is there any way of adding to Windows 7 a URL from a TV web site that
>broadcasts via the internet?
>
>For example, Windows 7 already comes with a number of Internet TV sites
>pre-programmed.  I'd simply like to add my own URL, say from one of the
>over 3,000 wwitv.com internet TV streams.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
Barb

IE8 x32 crashing on windows 7 but not IE8 x64
My IE8 x32 crashes on windows 7 but not IE8 x64. despit the updating of my system (windows 7) . I have two disk in mirroring on dell XPS laptop. 7744308D mov dword ptr [ebp-30h],edx 77443090 lea edx,[ebp-30h] 77443093 or eax,edx 77443095 or eax,7 77443098 test cl,4 7744309B jne 77437978 774430A1 mov byte ptr [ebp-1],1 774430A5 jmp 77437978 774430AA or eax,0Bh 774430AD jmp 77437978 774430B2 push edx 774430B3 push edi 774430B4 call 77432506 774430B9...

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

Windows XP Home Install
I want to know if "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition UPGRADE with SP2" CD is just upgrade to an existing XP home install or XP full install with SP2? The CD box has even the product key. The reason I'm trying to figure out is I just purchased a new motherboard and my old XP CD gives a blue screen with Stop error when I try to install it. I called the motherboard support and was told that its compatible only with XP w/SP2 at least. My old XP CD doesn't have SP2. The Upgrade CD cannot do what you want it to do. Your old CD is tied to your old PC/motherboard...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

windows updates 05-07-10
i have a windows vista home premium with service pack 1. i am trying to update windows and i am getting a ton of failures. i thought downloading sp2 manually would work, but nope. i am using avg free antivirus, windows firewall, and windows defender. i have tried to disable the firewall to install, then disabling the whole antivirus. a few have installed, but most fail. now, none are installing. the pc is an hp pavilion amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5400+ 2.80 GHz, 4GB ram, 64 bit operating system. i know that vista does not have any support unless it has sp2, but i can&#...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Could not register Add-In
I tried to install a dll (Outlook Add-In) with regsvr32 on a Windows XP Computer. On a different XP - Computer it worked without problems. But there after entering the command regsvr32 ....dll an error message occured: No registration tool for this type of programm registered! Then i tried it with a vb6 created setup-programm and failed again. What could be the origin of the problem and how could it be solved ?? Regards, Bernhard Brunner ...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Database Properties Window won't open
I've got Visio 2003 Professional. I can't get the Database properties window to open. I've already used it on this machine but since shutting down last night and turning it back on again this morning I can't get the database properties window to open. I double click on the tables in my ERD... nothing. I right mouse click on a table and select "Database Properties..." ... nothing. What's going on? Thanks. Be careful if you close the Database properties window you can have it again. There is no command to reopen it (certainly a bug). But be glad i have a...

Windows Vista
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it says: Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other' What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the &#...

Problems with files attaches in windows mail
Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista Home Premium. Please help. Thank you You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed. "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A8CD0F1-8858-41C4-85F5-2985B4F29571@microsoft.com... > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista > Home > Premium. Please help. > Thank you I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002 "Charles W Davis" wrote: > You must have either Microsof...

Windows Update at Shutdown
Running Win XP Pro and IE8. For about a week or so, when I shutdown, I see the option of clicking to obtain a Windows update, or to shutdown with out the update. I have been clicking on the "update" part and I see the update as being installed and then I do shut down. But the next time I want to shutdown, I get the same option screen again. I can't get to the "no-option" screen that I usually see. Thanks Roger -- Roger [Crosspost to Windows Update] And the update's (or updates') KB number(s) is/are...? WinXP SP2 or SP3? Check y...

Instalation failed by C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
I trialled the latest version of Money but realised I was happy with Money 2000 so I uninstalled the trial version and attemped to reinstall Money 2000 only to get a window headed 16 bit Windows Subsysytem which read C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running msdos or microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close did nothing and setup would not activate on the Money CD ...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

date formula #7
Hello, In cell A3, I have today's date (March 18, 2007). I would like to copy that cell down maybe 100 times. I would like each cell to be updated by 1 day. I appreciate any help I receive. Thanks. Click on the cell, then click on the small dot on the bottom right corner of the cell. Now drag the cell down. Make sure that the column is formatted to 'date'. You could put this in A4 =a3+1 (format it nicely) And drag down another 99 rows. Peter McCaul wrote: > > Hello, > > In cell A3, I have today's date (March 18, 2007). I would like to copy that &...

Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) not facing the internet
I have microsoft sharepoint running with small business server 2007 on an application server. I'm trying to host Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). I've set up the DNS to point to the server where CRM is running on IIS I've opened up permissions for it in IIS The Firewall is as open as I can figure out to get it. Port forwarded and translated in the NAT policies I even set up a sub-domain on my domain provider to point to the the static IP And that static IP points to our private IP in the DNS(as stated above). I ran the IFD tool, I believe correctly, beca...

Reinstallation of Windows XP and Outlook
I had to reinstall XP on my computer, and it wiped out everything in Outlook 2002, including my inbox, outbox, contacts, etc... Is there a way that this can be recovered, or did XP just delete it all? I've reinstalled earlier versions of windows in the past, and never lost any email settings or messages (inbox or outbox). Fixed it...Windows XP had created a second profile with the same name. At first, it did not show up, but later, after rebooting the computer, it showed two profiles. When I clicked on the first one, everything that had been missing showed up. Bruce >-----Or...

Millionaire at 31...on the internet #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Windows hook and control hook
Hello, I am a little puzzled here. I know, when hooking up to Windows, the application has to unhook before termination. My code does it as below: 'Hook lpPrevWndProc = SetWindowLong(gHwnd, GWL_WNDPROC, AddressOf WindowProc) 'UnHook SetWindowLong(gHwnd, GWL_WNDPROC, lpPrevWndProc) What about when hooking to the control? I use this code to align caption on the command button : ================== oldStyle = GetWindowLong(Command1.hwnd, GWL_STYLE) oldStyle = oldStyle And (Not BS_ALLSTYLES) rtn = SetWindowLong(Command1.hwnd, GWL_STYLE, newStyle Or...

Office 2003 in IE8 on Windows 7
When I try to open a Word 2003 document inside IE8 on Windows 7, it opens in a new Word window instead of inside the browser. I don't have this problem with Word 2003 on IE8 on my XP machine. Is there a fix for this? Basically, I'm looking for this fix but for Office 2003 instead of Office 2007: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927009/ "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D90A9FFD-8BB7-4E58-AE33-F418EC57551A@microsoft.com... > When I try to open a Word 2003 document inside IE8 on Windows 7, it opens > in > a new Word windo...

Internet 7 to Internet 8
I am trying to convert Intert 7 to Internet 8 through Compatibility but I can't manage to make it work. Nick If you have Internet Explorer 7 then you can not "convert" it to To Internet Explorer 8. IE7 doesn't have any way to become something that wasn't invented when it was made. If you have Internet Explorer 8 you can use compatibility mode to display pages that worked with IE7 but won't in IE8. One caveat: If the page depends upon some feature of IE7 that was changed as a security vulnerability, compatibility mode will not re-enable the vul...

change language of windows xp operating
my son opened his computer and set up windws xp but accidentally chose french as the install language. We want english. any way to change this? "Flambard" <Flambard@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:A8227556-0483-4B25-9A52-BF8AE6330E22@microsoft.com... > my son opened his computer and set up windws xp but accidentally chose > french > as the install language. We want english. any way to change this? You have to restore the machine to factory condition, then repeat the installation process. ...

RAM & Windows 7
I am looking forward to buy a netbook with windows 7 ; I�ve seen lots of configurations for Notebooks and Desktops , going from 2GB to 8 GB RAM Of course more RAM is ok ; The thing is I want an acceptable computer , and the most I�ve seen announced is 2 GB RAM I know it will probably run Windows 7 ; but is 2 GB an acceptable number ? Supposing a buy a computer with a Core 2 Duo processor and having in mind that I don�t care for games or graphics at all is the above configuration OK ? Thanks a lot "cbcb52" wrote in message ne...

Domain member Win 7 Pro needing to use POP3
I've got a client that has joined his new laptop to the domain(SBS 2003) and installed Outlook 2003(also tried Outlook 2007). He states that he has been unable to set it up for POP3 access. He states that each time he tries, he gets a message stating 'the 'exchange server' can't be found. This domain doesn't utilize an exchange server, and he's never had an issue when using an XP or Vista box. He's wondering if there is some reason he can't use it with POP3 access or if he needs to remove it from the domain to use his outlook. Thank you ...