Instructions for MCE remote

I have Pinnacle PCTV remote. Where can I get instruction manual for it. I
learned I can turn it on but cannot return to the normal PC screen.

Help & Thanks

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John
6/30/2010 1:40:25 PM
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:40:25 -0500, John L wrote:

> I have Pinnacle PCTV remote. Where can I get instruction manual for it. I
> learned I can turn it on but cannot return to the normal PC screen.
>
> Help & Thanks

have you looked on the Pinnacle site?

Possibly under Support or Downloads - different companies do it
differently.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

 I was able to trace as follows...

Pinnacle sold to AVID which spun off to PCTVSystems.com. This is where I
downloaded PDF.

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:40:25 -0500, John L wrote:
>
>> I have Pinnacle PCTV remote. Where can I get instruction manual for it. I
>> learned I can turn it on but cannot return to the normal PC screen.
>>
>> Help & Thanks
>
> have you looked on the Pinnacle site?
>
> Possibly under Support or Downloads - different companies do it
> differently.
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

0
John
7/2/2010 1:59:10 PM
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:59:10 -0500, in microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
you wrote:

> Thank Gene,
>
>  I was able to trace as follows...
>
> Pinnacle sold to AVID which spun off to PCTVSystems.com. This is where I
> downloaded PDF.

That reminds me of stores like Target. I go to get something - toothpaste
or soap dishes or anything - to where they last were, but the store has
rearranged its shelves.

I had not realized that Pinnacle had moved, and I'm glad you tracked it
down.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
Gene

Need remote Clients to have open SMTP relay with windows authentication in Exchange 2003
Hi all ... first time posting here, but i have been able to find many answers to other questions in the past ... Unfortunatley I may be in a bit over my head with this one. I have about 100 remote users and until now they have not been required to send email over SMTP to domains out side of ours. Now we have a directive from above to allow relaying from dialup and remote users but need to setup SMTP authentication. Current config ... Server: Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 server SP1 Firewall permitting any traffic on ports 110 and 25 Security options for SMTP in the System Manager is se...

Instructions for MCE remote
I have Pinnacle PCTV remote. Where can I get instruction manual for it. I learned I can turn it on but cannot return to the normal PC screen. Help & Thanks -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:40:25 -0500, John L wrote: > I have Pinnacle PCTV remote. Where can I get instruction manual for it. I > learned I can turn it on but cannot return to the normal PC screen. > > Help & Thanks have you looked on the Pinnacle site? Possibly under Support or Downloads - different companies do it differently. -- Ge...

Report Server (RS) runs locally but not remotely
I had a working install of SQL RS 2005, but something appears to have broken the RS component. Attempts to generate reports only work if a privileged user is logged into the CRM server locally (CRM3+SQL2005+W2K3 on member server). Attempts to use from any other machine result in 3 prompts for credentials, then an IIS message "You are not authorised to view this page" I can find no errors in any event logs, etc. to give me a clue as to cause. A solution would be great, but just a pointer as to where to look or a list of how a working report server is configured might help. ...

SP3 install instruction?
I have downloaded sp3 for our exhange server. There is no setup executable in the root and I am at a loss where to start. The readme didnt give me a clue either. chaz "BOB THE BUILDER" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6AED444-1F65-404C-A471-FB11C82C25B0@microsoft.com... > ITS CALLED UPDATE.EXE IN SETUP\I386 Thanks so much! chaz ...

Test before making remote WMI calls
What is the best way to test to see if a machine is accessible/online before making remote WMI calls to it? Thank you so much in advance. Regards, Nick "Nick" <sprynick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f513bc7-341b-4398-a83d-cbf9f01f619d@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > What is the best way to test to see if a machine is accessible/online > before making remote WMI calls to it? Thank you so much in advance. > > Regards, > Nick The best method I know of is to ping the computer. Especially if you can control the timeout, this is much faster th...

Remote Exchange Server, Business Contact Mgr and Outlook connection problems, please help!!
Hi, I tried posting this message on the Outlook ng's but nobody replied. At work we use a remote Exchange server....and have 5 or 6 PC's that use Outlook 2003 w/Business Contact Manager. BCM is located onsite. Anyway I have been having periodic connection problems between Outlook and the Exchange server. This is manifested by the error message "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable", even though it says "Connected" in the lower right hand corner of Outlook. At one time or another this problem has effected almost every PC that we have t...

printable instructions
I'd like to print myself a concise guide to setting up & using WLM. Is there a short printable version of the "help"? It's tedious opening every link in "help" and copy/pasting to a word document. A guide is not available. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "mackeff" wrote in message = news:F8CE17E2-05F2-4265-9FC8-38F8F601502A@microsoft.com... I'd like to print myself a concise guide to setting up & using WLM. Is = there a short printable version of the "help"? It's tedious opening every = link in "he...

Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
Hi, I connect to a Windows 2000 terminal server with my Apple Powerbook G4 (running OS X 10.2.8). To connect, I use "remote desktop connection 1.0.1 for mac". http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/DOWNL OAD/MISC/RDC.xml&secid=80&ssid=9&flgnosysreq=True I would like to be able to use my local printer on the terminal server. How do I do this ? I have an Epson Stylus Color 740i. The problem is, that I think I need to install it on the terminal server, but that's Windows so it expects Windows-drivers. Once I install it there, it won&...

the remote will not advance slides
A new situation; out of the clear blue, the remote no longer advances slides. I am sure the remote works as it can shut off the computer and zoom, so it must be in my computer and likely something to do with how the slide show is set up, but I can't figure it out. Help?! Does the mouse still advance? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Connie in MT" wrote: > A new situation; out of the clear blue, the remote no longer advances slides. > I ...

Login to remote machine
From what I have read it sounds as if this is not possible? "NickB" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84CC0302-8FFA-4668-AD0B-DF9578C86E1B@microsoft.com... > From what I have read it sounds as if this is not possible? It depends on what you mean by "login". You need to be a little more specific. ...

instructional speech topics
I need some good instructional speech topics Then do some research. Has nothing to do with Word. Try using Google. "Rainbow" <Rainbow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73C3DFA8-B147-41E7-B7D2-87D306F5BE2A@microsoft.com... :I need some good instructional speech topics How about "How to Post Questions in the Correct Newsgroup"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Rainbow" <Rainbow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73C3DF...

remote access to email
I have an outlook account at work that I would like to access at home. How do I do that? ...

Remote Deployment
I know that MSCRM is supposed to be deployed in-house and to make things simple, it should be located under the same Local Area Network. However, a client of ours is inquiring how MSCRM would do if its servers werent located in-house but would be located at various data centers. For example, the MSCRM Server and SQL would be located in NY and the exchange and domain controller would be located somewhere in Texas. Is this deployment possible? Maybe with a VPN connection? I dont see a problem with the deployment if the servers could see each other using the VPN connection. Physic...

Remote references
I have an Excel template with charts that spawns multiple copies o itself by copying specific worksheets to a new workbook, then savin the new workbook. The only problem is, the charts that are copied ove retain their references to the original workbook. Isn't there workbook setting I can set in VBA that would prevent Excel from keepin those references? Setting the "UpdateRemoteReferences" property doesn't help. Settin the "SaveLinkValues" property doesn't help. When are the reference actually created? If I delete the link after the workbook is created it...

Gaining Control of Client's PC With Remote Assistant?
Hello Folks: As an independent software developer, Remote Assistant is a tremendous tool. I've only recently discovered it. It's great to tell a user to do this, or do that. Win7 to Win7 assistants also includes the display of the client's cursor. It's apparent that there is some method to gain control of the client's computer. The connection status always includes the line "Screen View Only" and there is a button with an "X" and a grayed out "Stop Control (ESC)" label. The invite is sent to me as an ema...

inserting arrows for instructional documents
I cannot find a way to easily insert arrows to point to important items in my instructional documents in 07. Please help! -- Working to bridge the gap between how students live and how they learn. There are arrow characters in various fonts; Wingdings 3 is nothing but arrows. Or you can draw an arrow as a drawing object. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tamera Terndrup" <tamera.terndrup@lakotaonline.com> wrote in message news:F3B34C5D-8D53-47B3-8646-88FEC5FE7CB5@microsoft.com... >I...

Regression
Hello, a b c fx 0,639242 0,032636 19,819060 fy 0,003413 -0,646874 273,495500 MustBe x MustBe y Measure X Measure Y 173,000 12,500 130,816 266,000 275,500 28,500 196,860 256,000 139,500 153,000 113,987 175,000 a) How can I calculate it with C++? b) How is the correct algorithm? If I make it by hand. Have somebody a good instruction? c) Maybe I can use Excel, or? Thanks. Regards Andreas On 08/06/2010 09:33, Andreas Bauer wrote: > a) How can I calculate it with C++? > b) How is the correct algorithm? If I make it by hand. &...

Instructions on how to use macros
Can someone explain to me how to use macros in excel? I know that on the sheet that you want to designate the code you go to view code and paste it in there but I dont know what to do after that in order for the macro to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi Sophie Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/yf365wn HTH John "Sophie" <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A7C662B-AB09-463B-990B-64576B5F1D72@microsoft.com... > Can someone explain to me how to use macros in excel? I know that on the > sheet that you want to designate...

Outlook instructions
Can I download a simple, brief introductory manual to outlook to circulate around the office to help out those who have never used it before.-- Thanks, Mijitarica You can start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx Otherwise, it is not hard to create a basic Introduction to Outlook training course yourself. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mijitarica ...

Excel Template and built in instructions
I am using a Excel template for invoices and I have modified several of the cells. Can someone please tell me how to remove the built in instructions that appear when I place the cursor in a cell---the instruction is specific to the cell and gives detailed instructions as to how to fill in the cell and what will be returned. Thank you Hi right click on this cell and choose 'Delete comment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sidney" <Sidney@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:79FF2094-ADA9-4900-97B1-A4E255ACC858@microsoft.com... > I...

Remote server did not respond to connection attempt
Gedday, I have a big problem that has been going on for over a week now. Our exchange server is not sending any mails. We can receive okay, but not send out. The exchange box is behind an ISA Server and we have allowed all ip traffic for any protocol, out and in but still not working. Mail just sits in the SMTP queue. If I use a smart host, same problem. If I use DNS same problem. I can do DNS lookups on the exchange box no worries. Problem is that if I telnet into the exchange box from the exchange box on port 25 i.e. telnet cchsserv01 25 (cchsserv01 is the exchange box and ...

Preventing remote bounces becoming local NDRs
We are running exchange 6.5 with a postfix smarthost. Some of the remote bounces we get back are being converted to an NDR inside exchange somehow. This induces several problems: exchange reencodes the original content in base64, and it does not forward the NDR to the forwards specified in the recipient mailbox. Is there any way to prevent exchange from doing this bounce to NDR conversion? I don't want to disable NDRs completely of course. ...

Instruction for address book does not tell me where to go. Word o.
I am trying to create an address book in outlook. The instructions are tools menu, click envelopes and Labels.On envelopes tab clieck address book Icon. In the Select name dialog box click th select Personal Address Book in Show Names from the box. Do I do this in word. Where do I find the address book icon. I am using Microsoft Office Professional. First of all, what version of Outlook?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Simple Instructions requested
I didn't get an answer to my larger question a month ago so let me try something more simple which will help solve the problem. In Money 2003 how do you clear the 'E' in the Cleared column of the transaction page? I want it to be completely clear so I can match it to another downloaded transaction from my bank. With that 'E' in there it isn't available to be matched to another transaction. Thanks. Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I didn't get an answer to my larger question a month ago so let me try >something more simple which will h...

Getting the time from a remote computer
Is there a relatively easy method of obtaining the time & date from another computer in MFC? Found a few examples for VB, can't seem to track anything down for MFC. -- Phil ...