DVD Problem

My DVD ROM would not play dvd's

Thanks
windows.mediacenter 289 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You said it "would not", so it working now? :o)

You will need to provide more information if you would like any help:

What version of Media Center?

Are you sure it is a DVD drive and not just CD?

Has this ever worked or is this a new problem?

If it did work, has anything been changed/updated/intalled?

Does it play DVD's outside of Media Center (i.e. in Media Play or some 3rd
party player)?

Do Music CD's play, can you see the data on the disk in My Computer/Windows
Explorer?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Levi" <levihabila@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My DVD ROM would not play dvd's
>
> Thanks

0
Jaime
1/20/2010 6:00:36 PM
Will it not play at all or just not in Media Center?

"Levi" <levihabila@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My DVD ROM would not play dvd's
>
> Thanks

0
David
1/20/2010 7:13:47 PM
What OS are you using?

Does it play outside the media center?

Do you use any third party DVD playing software?

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

"Levi" <levihabila@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My DVD ROM would not play dvd's
>
> Thanks

> signature database 4790 (20100120) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4790 (20100120) __________

http://www.eset.com

Negative date problems, and working with a leading 0 in cell #2
Found out my problem to whom it may concern, I was entering in my date in the format of mmddyyyy, so naturally excel interpreted these number as dates I hadn't intended. As an ammendment to my previous question, could anyone explain how t enter dates in the mmddyyyy format and tell excel that cells in som selection are of this format, and to interpret them as dates -- Kalabalan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kalabalana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

SMTP problem #4
Does this section of our SMTP log look like its getting rejected by our mail server or theirs? MAIL - FROM:<user@ourdomain.org>+SIZE=7395 0 0 4 0 297 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 - - 250+Requested+mail+action+okay,+completed 0 0 41 0 375 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 RCPT - TO:<AutomatedMailbox@TheirDomain.com> 0 0 4 0 375 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 - - 452+Request...

Edit with microsoft excel for windows problems
Hi, Can anyone help me? I'm beating my head against a wall here! I have a web page that was created in Excel. I need to edit it bu when I click on File, the option "Edit with Microsoft Excel fo Windows" is not available. Any suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Business Portal SDK installation problem.
Hi, When I trying to install Business Portal SDK on BP webserver. I get this error message. "Rational XDE has not been detected." Am i missing something? Webserver - window 2003 server with BP 2.0. Database - window 2003 server with SQL2000 Thank you, Jay ...

Outlook 2K3 Contact Problem.
Good day to all. Using Outlook 2K3 with Exchange 2K. I have a local Contacts List that I can add to, edit, delete and copy to a shared Contacts list in an Exchange PF. When I send a message and click on the "To" button, I can browse the GAL, the Shared Contacts on the Exchange Server. All is good. Now when I click on the "Local Contacts", I get the following message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." Well it...

Default "Save as Type" problem
Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

Problem after SP2 Install
After installing SP2 for XP,sometimes outlook won`t connect to my pop3 mail server.After I restart the computer it is fine for one connection then it won`t connect again unless I reboot.Can someone please help.Thanks in advance. Rich ...

SBS 2003 system resource problem
I have a situation where BackupExec 10d will Freeze the server The Exchange Files are 36Gb and 14Gb in size So I stopped Exchange with a script and tried to Xcopy the ExchSrvr folder - this stoped after about 5 mins and dos window closed So I tried copying the 14Gb file manually using copy / paste This gave a Insufficient System resource error and stopped at about 80% I have 4Gb RAM in the Server and plenty of disk space My page file is system recommeded 6Gb (both) Any ideas? copy and xcopy both use memory to copy files. Not surprising that you'll have issue...

Problem exporting data to Excel using Access VBA 04-07-10
My code works fine on PCs using Windows XP. This problem only occurs on a Windows 7 PC. It worked OK when I first started using my Windows 7 PC, for a while it worked spasmodically – I could get it to work again by doing a compact and repair on the mdb and rebooting. Now it hasgotten to the place where it does not work at all. Also, I make sure the code is compiled and saved. The problem occurs on this line of code: .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False 'error 1004 on this line Excel has opened, and I get a dialog box entitled “Please enter MSJet OLE DB Initialization Informatio...

Problems when accessing files off the network
Help, I have just installed Visio 2003 Pro on my machine. When I try and open Visio 2002 files that are stored on the network Visio hangs. If I copy the file to my local desktop it open OK. If I then try and save to the network I am getting an error 113 - corrupt file. I have already searched the newsgroups for any help but I have not been able to find anything. The client is Windows XP Pro, all security and Office Updates have been installed. Any one know anything I can do to resolve this problem. TIA Dave Does this happen with any other program? I ask because it sounds like more ...

A peculiar PDF from Excel problem
I can PDF a full Excel file without problems. But if I copy in a worksheet from another workbook, then when I come to PDF that file, it will no longer print the whole workbook at once - it will do a few pages up until the copied in sheet, then it will ask for another save location, and it will make a new file. I've had the same problem with Distiller and PDF Writer - if anyone has encountered this problem or can suggest a solution, I'd be very grateful. Daniel Does that still happen if you save, close, then reopen the workbook? On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:39:04 -0800, "Daniel ...

Off Topic: Install\Uninstall Problem concerning a MFC Application
All, I know I am off topic here but I believe someone here will have experience with a problem I am facing and its a MFC application I am trying to install. If there is another newsgroup someone knows of I would considering trying that may help as well. The Problem .... I have a very simple application that is going to be released in its second version. The first version was installed using a old version of Wise installer 6.0. The new release version of my app is on the latest version of Wise installer. I need to be able to blow away the first version off a users machine and install the n...

Outlook Problems.
I am getting the error message: 550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS Can anyone please explain what it is and how to work around it? The e-mail address I am trying to reach starts with numerals. Does that make the difference. I don't have this problem with any other address's. It's not an Outlook issue - this is coming back from the mail server you connect to. Are you sure you have the e-mail address typed 100% correctly? Can you send to that address from another account, like hotmail/yahoo ? If not, the address is invalid. If it does go through that way, and ...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

Problems with increasing
I have problem with increasing. In one row I have textual vaule like "F10" and when I want to copy it in the next cell by draging "fill handle" it increments and the result is F11, F12... Haw could I turn off incrementing in that row but it is usefull in others? -- mpele ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mpele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31808 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515304 Hold CTRL while you drag -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "...

Newbie with array-problem
I have 7 arrays with 15 elements in each. I need to combine every element, one from each array for each loop and compare the sum of these 7 values with an intervall to se if the value should be passed on. How to find a smart solution that want be to heavy on the Excel- program and on the computer. Is it possible or am I reaching for the moon? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:48:52 -0800 (PST), nilserik.oscarsson@telia.com wrote: >I have 7 arrays with 15 elements in each. I need to combine every >element, one from each array for each loop and compare the sum ...

Win98 Installation problem
I have a program software that works on Win 98 but not Win2K or XP. So I am trying to install Win98 on a brand new harddrive using Win98 installation disk (upgrade). In the past I was able to do so without difficulty. But this time, after having proceded up to the first reboot and reappearance of Win98 logo, the screen turned off with the message: "Insufficient memory. Remove resident programs from Cofig.sys and Autoexec.bat" First, it was an early stage of installation. When the disk was examined using an emergency disk, there was not autoexec.bat file.There is a s...

Tab order problem
I have a dialog box (MAIN) with two buttons( Ok ,Cancel) and a tab control. In the tab control I have two tabs with corresponding pages.(page style->child) One of the pages contains three text boxes. My problem is that the tab order runs within the page only and does not go to the Ok button. Similarly, in the dialog box(MAIN), the tab order is omitting the tab control.The focus is between 'Ok' and 'Cancel' only. How to make this work? Thank you... You have to set the tab control style as: MyTabControl.ModifyStyleEx(0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); You also need to modify the ...

CRichEditCtrl selection problem
hi in my application i am doing syntax highlighting. currently i am able to color the keywords. but there is one problem. when i change the color of text it changes. but if i select this portion of text with keyboard (shift + End) then the color get's vanished. in contrast if i select the same text with mouse then it does not disturb. i am not understanding this behaviour. why like this? CRichEditCtrl creation code is like this m_rich.Create(ES_AUTOVSCROLL |ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NOHIDESEL | ES_MULTILINE | ES_WANTRETURN |ES_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL| WS_H...

Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail
When exporting - importing workflows from one environment to another, I encounter a problem when the workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions. The bodytext (including all the dynamic fields) of the email embedded in the worfklow is not imported, so I have a blank body The subjectline is kept, but any dynamic fields in the subjectline are corrupted. The target system no longer recognizes them as dynamic fields but interpretes them as plain text. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Tnx in advance Jurgen Not a solution I'm afraid but confirmation of th...

Excel 2007 to Excel 2008 problems

Problem copying large file on USB storage...
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem : I insert a USB storage device in the USB port and I try to copy a large file (about 5MB) from NAND Flash to USB storage device. The copy started but sometimes it doesn't finish. The OS doesn't show a copy error but I see that the file there isn't on the USB storage. This problem there isn't with small files (about KB). Any idea or suggestion ? Thanks in advance, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer > Any idea or suggestion ? Hi Paolo, Does the USB host drive...

Totally lost...Retrieving XML from WebRequest/Response..problems
Hi All I post a WebRequest, and the response is supposed to be delivered in XML format. posting the request in the browser address bar does return it.. ie <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> ' <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> '- <homearea base="http://webedu.its.uct.ac.za:80" top_bar_background="#51657b" top_bar_title="#ffffff" ................................................................. .......................................... </homearea> I Using the following Dim...

PROBLEMS CLOSING OUTLOOK
When I close down Outlook it looks like it closes the normal way but when I go to shut down my computer I ALWAYS get an error box that pops up and says: end program - OUTLOOK.EXE Then I click on end program and it says it can't end program and the computer shuts down. ?????????? Please HELP!!! Please post your Outlook version when posting to this group. There are currently 5 versions and 7 modes of Outlook so making us guess is not nice. :) Common reasons why Outlook does not close cleanly (depends on versions also) 1. PDA docked and set to synch continuously 2. Fax softwar...

urgent: input problems
I am running Chinese Access 2002 and found that whenever I tried to input characters in form, query, table and etc..., the Chinese input is selected instead of English. In the same machine, I got English input defaulted in word and excel, no problem. The language in control panel is selected as English as well. Now everytime I need to press ctrl + shift to turn to English input. I think there is an option where I can accomplish this. Can anyone please help? Thanks. ...