Windows live Messenger Privacy Contact List View Wont Update

On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I
can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some
one has removed me i still can not delete them in tools/options/privacy.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Does messenger just not do that function or some thing? Or could this be that
a certain service should be turned on from services.msc?

"snakejr" wrote:

> On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I
> can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some
> one has removed me i still can not delete them in tools/options/privacy.
Greetings,

There's no magic service that needs to be turned on here.  This particular part of the
Messenger service itself just hasn't been very reliable as of late.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"snakejr" <snakejr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does messenger just not do that function or some thing? Or could this be that
> a certain service should be turned on from services.msc?
>
> "snakejr" wrote:
>
>> On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I
>> can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some
>> one has removed me i still can not delete them in tools/options/privacy.

0
Jonathan
1/19/2010 1:50:04 AM
K thanks for letting me know.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> There's no magic service that needs to be turned on here.  This particular part of the
> Messenger service itself just hasn't been very reliable as of late.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "snakejr" <snakejr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does messenger just not do that function or some thing? Or could this be that
> > a certain service should be turned on from services.msc?
> >
> > "snakejr" wrote:
> >
> >> On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I
> >> can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some
> >> one has removed me i still can not delete them in tools/options/privacy.
>

> .

Color text carried over from excel to merged list.
I want to keep text color from my excel file to a merged list. It seems to disappear (to black). How do I make sure the color transfers from the excel to the list? ...

Linking Two Lists
I want to take two seperate lists and create one list of each item combined into one cell (or just beside each other). One list of departments and one list of accounts. I want to have one list with each department listed with each account. Dept Account Combined 1 500 1-500 2 600 1-600 3 700 ... 4 800 ... 4-500 ...

How do I stop outlook automatically creating calender and contact.
Whenever I attach a file, or save an attachment, two folders are automatically created in that location: "outlook calender" and "outlook contacts". They are both empty. I don't want this to happen from any location. How do I turn this feature off? I can delete them manually, but they re-appear when outlook is online, and I can only permenantly delete them when I exit from outlook. The very next time I attach a file or save an attachment, those folders pop up again in the location of the file. What Outlook add-ins do you have installed? any odd programs show...

Protect Resources from being viewed or edited
Hello, I have made an application in VC++ 7.0. Now I would like to prevent the resources in the EXE file from being viewed or edited by any body else. Is that technically possible? How do I do it? I didn't find any articles using Google. Regards, Gautam Jain I know of no way to do this. "Gautam Jain" <gautambjain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OGvdNHlbEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > I have made an application in VC++ 7.0. Now I would like to prevent the > resources in the EXE file from being viewed or edited by any body else. > &...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Upgraded to 2003 Now the 'Type to Fnd Contact' button is broken
Hi, I have upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All the contacts are visible, but when I use the 'Type to find contact' button Outlook cannot find any matching contacts (although they are definitely there). Anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it? Thanks Paul Right click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Paul wrote: > Hi, > > I have upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All the contacts are > visible, but when I use the 'Type to find contact' button Outlook > cannot find any matching contacts (a...

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

a previously saved page wont open now in PUBLISHER
I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used to open up on demand. Now when I try to open it it comes up with the message "Publisher cannot open this page". I have tried several times to no avail. All other pages open up as required. Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "winlucy" <winlucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A89093-3241-4B91-8DAB-D10FE49A62DC@microsoft.com... >I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used t...

need card view with active recurring and non-recurring appointments ...
I'm trying to set up a card view that will be a simple list of active appointments, both non-recurring and recurring. I have an Advanced filter, "Start .. on or after ... Today". The problem is the sorting. If I sort by "Start", then the recurring appointments are all listed in front of the non-recurring, because the Start date for a Recurring appointment is the FIRST recurrence. I then sorted first by "Recurring", then by "Start", so that non-recurring appointments are listed in front of the recurring, but that's not what I want, either. Wh...

Pick From List #5
I right click on cell, find "Pick from List" option, but cannot seem to use it The list should show entries from other cells in the adjacent range, in the same column. Another way to display a list in a cell is to use Data Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Barry wrote: > I right click on cell, find "Pick from List" option, but cannot seem to use it -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Custom view & macro
Hi to all, I have a "custom view" named "main_cat" that hides some rows and colomns. how can have this done using a macro to show this view of the sheet. Did you try recording a macro when you did View|Custom View, selected your view and chose Show? (Those are the menu options in xl2003--not sure where it's hidden in xl2007.) Khalil Handal wrote: > > Hi to all, > I have a "custom view" named "main_cat" that hides some rows and colomns. > how can have this done using a macro to show this view of the sheet. -- Dave Peterson Hi, ...

creating a drop down list of information to choose from
Subject: Re: drop down lists From: "Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> Sent: 8/23/2004 2:10:30 PM I followed the instructions below - I get the validation area if I am in a new database with no information - but in the data base I am working in it isn't an option - can you tell me how to get it as an option in a active data base? It is a shared data base - does this matter? Catherine This can be done manually but check out Data>Validation... and the 'list' option. I think it's what you will need. -- HTH Nick Hodge M...

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

Windows recovery console