Tab pages load with improper link attributes

This problem has occurred a few times on a couple of different computers

Live Messenger normally shows a "tab bar" at the bottom of its window

No matter what tab I click on, said tab pages load with their links
underlined and the font of said underlined links are of a larger size and of
a different type then what you normally see after Messenger is first installed

I have tried a few fixes - So far no luck in fixing the problem

Please respond with some suggestions - Thanks in advance for your replies

Howard

windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Greetings Howard,

I assume you mean the buttons at the bottom of the main Messenger window/contact list?  All
Messenger does for these is load up a small window hosting an Internet Explorer control.  So,
any settings you've applied to Internet Explorer (in terms of accessibility, like a custom
stylesheet, default font sizes, etc.) will apply to that window too.  That's the only thing I
can think of which actually would affect that.

I'm curious about one thing though - exactly which of these are you actually using?
Personally I find the ones I've seen to be rather useless (although they are different in
each locale).

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This problem has occurred a few times on a couple of different computers
>
> Live Messenger normally shows a "tab bar" at the bottom of its window
>
> No matter what tab I click on, said tab pages load with their links
> underlined and the font of said underlined links are of a larger size and of
> a different type then what you normally see after Messenger is first installed
>
> I have tried a few fixes - So far no luck in fixing the problem
>
> Please respond with some suggestions - Thanks in advance for your replies
>
> Howard

0
Jonathan

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Broken HTML Tags on Web Page
Hi Folks, Our web application was created in ASP .NET 2.0 using C# programming language. It works fine almost everywhere. One of our client's however occasionally encounter broken html tags on the web application's pages. They range from some thing like </t or <td align ="c and so on The page shows up correctly but it diplays these broken tags along with it. At times, the page would show up but the client won't be able to press the buttons on the page. The page is essentially frozen until the client refreshes the browser window. Upon refresh the page may di...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

outlook 2000 takes several minutes to load
I have a client using outlook internet mail only(no exchange) that takes several minutes to load since about 1 week ago. it runs normal (as far as i can see) once it is loaded. Any reason for the slow loading?? thanks CR ...

Invisible attributes in an entity of common ownership
Is it possible in CRM to have some attributes in the same entity invisibles for a specific role and visible for another role? I am waiting for your answers! Thanks a lot! You could do this with client-side scripting. You would first need to invoke a web service to determine the role, then you could hide fields as appropriate. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ioanna Karra" <IoannaKarra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DAF6B19-D2DE-468A-A0E1-3CE1F2BB8E98@microsoft.com... Is it possible in CRM to have some attributes in the same entity invisibles for...

display the answer for a formula from another page?
I am trying to diplay the answer from a fomula on one page to another so that i don't have to have the same formula twice..i keep getting an error....Please help...Lou It would have helped if you'd posted your desired formula, but... Assume the formula would be to add cells A1 and B1 in Sheet1, and you want the result in cell C1 in Sheet2. Then, in Sheet2!C1, enter = Sheet1!A1 + Sheet1!B1 or =SUM(Sheet1!A1:B1) In article <DB8EC1C4-50DA-4025-9F42-B749DF8A70F0@microsoft.com>, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to diplay the answer...

Page layout for a newsletter
I am trying to create a newsletter with the view of landscape but when I go to the set-up the page is shown different than the layout. What am I doing wrong? Setup your printer for landscape. What size is your paper? Are you using a booklet setup? If your paper is 11 x 17 (tabloid) the newsletter will appear as two portrait sheets side by side. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Janette" <Janette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6110718F-CAAA-4BD...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

linking an excel workbook to an infopath form
i need some help... i have created a form in infopath and im looking for a portion of the data to be linked with an excel workbook... i have been told i need to deploy an xml schema in excel and i havent a clue how to do this... must i publish the infopath form so it's is an active xml doc.. right now it is saved as an infopath form template... please help... im in the mortgage business and the infopath form is a prequal form for my clients...im looking for a workflow where when i save a form the info automatically populates an excel workbook with certain info.. a way for me to track my d...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How do you make a two page purchase order?
I am using a Purchase order template, and the order needs to be 2-3 pages long. How do I continue the page on to another page and have the ending total be correct? If the sheet formulas are working correctly, then just put page breaks at the spots you want the new pages to begin. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 ...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

Page Refreshing
Hi, Does anybody have the same problem that I do with Money in the sense that the page continually will load and refresh after a couple minutes? Its very annoying and I want to knwo if theres a way to turn it off. Thanks Anybody? I don't know. I don't. What version? Have you tried things like not running other apps? New video driver? Turning down hardware acceleration? "l8neway" <l8neway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BA1A51A-81DE-4524-AE97-7FB8D4C7FDAF@microsoft.com... > Does anybody have the same problem that I do with Money in the sense ...

Saving default tabs

Excel loses linked workbook
I have an error (or don’t understand the workings of the new version of excel). I have a workbook G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P05\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx. This workbook is linked to the period 04 version workbook (G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P04\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx). Note it is has the same file name but is held in a different location. It links to cell D47 of period 4 and then adds current month. The formula works ok but when I save the document the links get broken and the cells become a circular reference. I can’t understand why. I ha...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...