Sign in error in Windows Live Messenger Beta

Keep getting error 80048862, cannot connect to authentication server.  My
Windows Live Mail is OK and Windows Photo Gallery is ok too, but all the
rest get that error.

This is on a notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.  Anyone have any
ideas?  I've searched for that error code, but couldn't find any solution.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0
LarryE
6/26/2010 3:48:56 PM
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Never mind.  Whatever it was, it corrected itself.  Thanks anyway.

LarryE

"LarryE"  wrote in message news:#fwpPcUFLHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Keep getting error 80048862, cannot connect to authentication server.  My
Windows Live Mail is OK and Windows Photo Gallery is ok too, but all the
rest get that error.

This is on a notebook running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.  Anyone have any
ideas?  I've searched for that error code, but couldn't find any solution.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
0
LarryE

Error from Javascript
We have some javascript on the onLoad event for Opportunities. It does a SQL callout to the filteredAccount table to grab the latest Credit Hold information. One of our users suddenly got a javascript error on the page yesterday that has me baffled. It was: There was an error this field's customized event. Field: crmForm Event: onload Error: Cannot open database "xxx_MSCRM" requested by the login. The login failed. Any ideas on how a user could suddenly develop issues with accessing a database via javascript? The user has access to the filteredAccount table that is ca...

Logoff Error in Exchange 2003 OWA
When our users attempt to logoff of Exchange 2003 OWA, they get a page could not be diaplayed error and it does not actually log them off. I found an old article regarding this issue on Exchange 2000 but it doesn't seem to apply here. It had to do with "fixing" the Exchweb/bin directory in IIS. Any suggestions? ...

RE: Runtime Error!
I was using 2004 Premium on my XP Home system without any problems, that is until today when I keep getting the following message: "Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\MSMONEY.EXE Abnormal program termination" No matter what I try, I can't get rid of it. Have used different folder names, even installed it on my external hard drive. Followed all the instructions in the Knowledge Base article 305254, but that didn't work either. HELP!!! Do I have to switch to Quicken or is there some way to make this beast run??? Been using Money for years, but this is a fi...

Error: Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store
Getting this error in Outlook 2000. Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store Microsoft's only suggestion is to see hotfix, but can't access sed hotfix, and a post SP3 SP has not yet been released. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks ...

Compile error when converting from A2003 to A2007
Converted working Access 2003 apps to Access 2007. Now get compile error on this code in a subform:: Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone strCriteria = "[chrTitle] = " & """ENTER TITLE HERE""" rs.FindFirst strCriteria <----- COMPILE ERROR - Method or data error not found Forms!fsub1Author.Form.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Set rs = Nothing "Me" is the subform record set with recordSource "tblBooks" and filter "[chrLastName]='Parker' AND [chrFirstName]='Robert' " The error seems to oc...

Error 25004 Config.XML is not specified
After installing the Office 2007 on Windows 7 computer, when i open Office applications getting the message Error 25004. Config.Xml not specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)'. ...

Error 91 when launching FRx
Getting the "Error 91 Object Variable...block width" when launching FRx. It's installed locally with Sysdata and I/O_data folders local. Full control permissions have been set to FRx folders (sysdata, I/O_data, MSinfo, code folder, system 32 etc). Verified in Sql 2005 user is part of Dyngrp for Dynamics and all GP databases. Ran automated solution to register .dll's, uninstalled and reinstalled. This is GP10.0 with FRx 6.7 sp9.0 installed first, then sp 10.0. The error was occuring prior to the SP's. thanks MES, Take a look at KB article 935785 which seems to f...

Win7, IE8, CRM, Outlook, IFD, self-signed cert, certificate error
Strange problem - I've got CRM 4.0 running with IFD. IFD works fine from Internet Explorer. There is a self-signed certificate. In IE, IFD & the self-signed cert works fine, either with a warning or if the cert is installed to the local PC, with no warning. In Outlook, IFD has been working fine for many months. I've just noticed a a few Windows 7 clients that the Outlook client fails with invalid certificate errors. The client loads fine and integrates the Outlook navigation interface, but if the user tries to open any CRM item, gets a 'navigation blocked' error. ...

Access violation error
Hello, I've been trying to fix this heap memory error for about 12 hours and I'm starting to pull my hair. Can you guys help me before I go bald? Since it's a memory heap error: HEAP[WebMedia.exe]: Heap block at 003376A8 modified at 003376EC past requested size of 38 I'm having a very hard time figuring it out what exactly is causing it. I tried to remove as much code as possible while keeping the error still there. Then I tried to use "AppVerifier", "gflags", "Windbg" to understand where the error is coming from with very little success. I'...

Exchange 5.5 backup with Windows 2000 backup
I want to use my Windows 2000 Backup to backup my exchange directories. When I try to set it up I notice the Check boxes are grey. If I dbl Click them, it comes up with a message box asking which server I want to query. I browse to my local exchange server and the message queries and goes away. Unfortunately, the check box stays grey. How can I enable this? Thanks Your picking the Exchange option. It knows what to backup for a proper restore - thus it won't list the files. You should be able to pick Directory Service and Information Store otherwise post a screenshot. -- Ho...

Passport sign-in unsuccessful SOLUTION!!!
ok, i was getting the sign-in unsuccessful error that many money users seem to be having. after doing an extensive search here on google groups and did all suggested solutions it still wasn't working - so what i did was to go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ and delete the Money folder with all its subfolders (there was \12.0\something with xml files in them). after that passport sign-in worked like a charm. hope this helps anyone who has the problem Thank you for your helpful tip. It did work on my computer as well. I was so anno...

Uncontrolled scrolling in Windows Mail
HELP!! My Windows Mail (V6.0.6000.16386 running on Vista) suddenly has started freaking out. When I open it, or when I click to open an email, it begins madly scrolling from the newest emails to the oldest. It will stop if I click on the reropen email but trying to stop it in any other way doesn't work. If I'm deleting emails, it will let me go from one to the next, but if I try skipping over one forget it--it begins scrolling like crazy again. I've closed the program and even restarted the computer so that doesn't do the trick. Can I update Mail without l...

Date in cell shows as pound signs
Using Excel 2000. I have pre-formated worksheets in which the date columns are formatted to show the date style as 12-Nov-03. All worked fine until yesterday when the entries began to show up as pound signs. When I look at the formatting for the cell, it appears to be formatted correctly. I have checked with entries entered before yesterday and the formatting appears the same. My knowledge of the program is fairly rudimentary but I thought I could do the basic cell formatting by clicking Format, Cells, Number, Catagory - Date, etc. What am I missing here? Most grateful for your help....

Error in Formatting
Hello Experts, I have Excel 97 Pro on Win98SE. I had almost forgot it but has happened about three minutes ago. Sometimes, any kind of cell formatting causes following error: ========================================= EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO97.DLL at 017f:307333ca. Registers: EAX=02c4000c CS=017f EIP=307333ca EFLGS=00010207 EBX=00002080 SS=0187 ESP=0062d0f8 EBP=0062d428 ECX=00005dd5 DS=0187 ESI=00630000 FS=59f7 EDX=0001a606 ES=0187 EDI=02c42ebc GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 5f 5e c3 8d 14 0e 3b Stack dump: 02c4000c 0062d150 30001065 02c4000c 006...

how to eliminate ####sign and shortcut signs..
ie1: For instance keyed in 11111111111 in the cell, endup displaying 1.111111E+17 Qns: How to display my desired data which is '11111111111'. ie2: Intend to key '111,112,113....120' on cell, given 'pre-adjusted' column and numbers continue on next row below and next. Given '111,112....120' taken up 3rows and able to fill ideally,without the outcome shown ###### sign. 'Resize' column/row adviced, i just wanted the numbers to fill in my pre-adjusted field Preformat that cell as Text or start your entry with a leading apostrophe: '123,123,123,12...

Outlook Express Error Messages
When I try to open outlook express I get two messages: 1)Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory... 2)Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have WindowsMe and outlook version 6.0. Thanks. ...

Error during exchange backup
When doing a backup with Veritas Backup Exec, it reports an error in a mail or attachment in one of my users mailboxes. Is there a way for me as an administrator to view this users mail as an administrator without having the user granting me the right to do so? Are you doing mailbox level backups when these errors occur? On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:23:13 +0200, "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote: >When doing a backup with Veritas Backup Exec, it reports an error in a mail >or attachment in one of my users mailboxes. Is there a way for me as an >administrator to view this u...

error 0x80070643 at KB979099
I tried to install KB979099 on my XP-PC and got the following error in my Windowsupdate.log: 2010-02-24 07:40:05:887 1228 340 Report REPORT EVENT: {C6742C40-3152-4013-A7CE-A89E823CB560} 2010-02-24 07:40:00:887+0100 1 182 101 {5A494566-B9E2-4BB9-A8A3-59737972D298} 101 80070643 MicrosoftUpdate Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Rechteverwaltungsdienste-Client mit Service Pack 2 für Windows XP (KB979099). Can anyone help me to find a solution? Thankl you! Lars Hide it "Lars"...

Getting an error message in Web Access
When I go to web access, I get an error message as the page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" How od I fix this? Hi - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. Post this in an exchange newsgroup for more help - and include more info, such as your version of Exchange, version of Internet Explorer/browser, whether this happens to everyone, whether this happens to you while on the LAN, etc. sssphoenix wrote: > When I go to web access, I get an error message as the > page is trying to load. It says "unknown error 12031" > How od I fix this? ...

Money07 Sign In
Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. In microsoft.public.money, PapaFrank wrote: >Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. >Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used >passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. > >I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. > > Try closing Money. ...

Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application #2
I cannot remote wipe a device. I browse to http://localhost/MobileAdmin Then it brings up the web page and I type in the user mailbox. I click on wipe and it gives me this error The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during...

The error of my ways
I have just spent the evening redoing an original database in order to make all the tables "normalized" with referential integrity invoked etc. All looks and works well except for one single field table which contains the US/CAN exchange rate that is used in queries for calculations. What to do and how to treat a value such as this that fluctuates as does the exchange rate?? Thanks again. Are you sure that you don't need a history of the exchange rate changes? -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "TeeSee&q...

Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar
Dear All How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms, tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise Access 2003, regarding opening windows. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi Paul, I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007. You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object workspace by doing this: - Click the Office button - Click Access Options (bottom left corner) - Click Current Database category - Under the Application Options section for the r...

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Cumulative Error
Ill try and explain this as best I can. I have a form with a subform, the subform contains all the data, the main form is used as a connection link. On the subform I want to create a cumulative total specific to the project and department according to month so essentially I want something like: (Main Form: Frm_Edit Department Detailed) Project: A Department: 0004 (Main Form: Frm_Edit Department Sub) Month Planned Cumulative June 342 342 Jul 123 465 Aug 456 921 At the moment I have the following as the control sourc...