I don't show on windows friends list

I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to
online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked
list?
He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online.
appreciate any help on the situation,
Bruce
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is he using the same ID that you are using?  I have had that experience where
I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere.
--

rext

"brucefl" wrote:

> I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to
> online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked
> list?
> He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online.
> appreciate any help on the situation,
> Bruce
Greetings Bruce,

There is a long term problem with Messenger where the "relationship" between people is broken
and they can't see you online.

To fix this, both of you need to delete each other from your contact lists.  Then, you'll
need to open up any Messenger window, press the Alt key to bring up the menu bar, choose the
Tools menu, then Options, then Privacy category, find this contact on the allow list,
right-click and choose Delete.  If the Delete option isn't available and is grayed out, then
he's not deleted you from your contact list yet or the Messenger service is messed up (the
allow/block lists haven't been working correct recently) and you'll have to check back again
later to do this removal.

Once you get him deleted off the allow list, you can go ahead and re-add him and after he
accepts your add invitation, it should be fixed.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to
> online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked
> list?
> He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online.
> appreciate any help on the situation,
> Bruce

0
Jonathan
1/30/2010 5:09:40 AM
I've got the same problem but no one can see me in his online list. I neither
can see myself in the list and before I could. I have no idea why it suddenly
became like this. There is only 1 thing; Today I've got an email from
postmaster@windowslivemail@hotmail.com. It was written in Spanish and
normally I receive them in Dutch or English. I could translate some things
and I understood it was an email that you get when you click the 'forgotten
password' link.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Bruce,
>
> There is a long term problem with Messenger where the "relationship" between people is broken
> and they can't see you online.
>
> To fix this, both of you need to delete each other from your contact lists.  Then, you'll
> need to open up any Messenger window, press the Alt key to bring up the menu bar, choose the
> Tools menu, then Options, then Privacy category, find this contact on the allow list,
> right-click and choose Delete.  If the Delete option isn't available and is grayed out, then
> he's not deleted you from your contact list yet or the Messenger service is messed up (the
> allow/block lists haven't been working correct recently) and you'll have to check back again
> later to do this removal.
>
> Once you get him deleted off the allow list, you can go ahead and re-add him and after he
> accepts your add invitation, it should be fixed.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to
> > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked
> > list?
> > He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online.
> > appreciate any help on the situation,
> > Bruce
>

> .

Dos printing under Windows
I have created a text file and that text file is directly copied to LPT1 as copy/B filename.txt LPT1 and it prints correctly. Now i gives second file to LPT1 after first file is printed,it gets printed on the next page. I don't want this automatic formfeed in between. The second file should be printed just below the first file contents. OR How to set custom paper size when printing directly to LPT1 through file? You could create one file containing all the files you want to print, using copy file1.txt + file2.txt dest.txt or copy *.txt dest.txt and then print dest.txt as before Inc...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Check out that critical update for Windows
--keexuidqrvwthr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rflykwxjfynxggays"; type="multipart/alternative" --rflykwxjfynxggays Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="djedyjbaawtlogcq" --djedyjbaawtlogcq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Running command line command without the DOS window
Hi I am trying to loop through a recordset and issue a dos command to start a service. When I try to execute the code below, I get about 50 DOS windows opening at the same time, can anyone advise if I can execute these commands silently, and how can I capture the results? All help is greatly appreciated... Private Sub btnStartServices_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strServer, strService, strCommand As String Dim strQry As String strQry = "qry01_StartServices" Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strQry, dbOpenDynaset) If rs...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Outlook 07 Address book problem with Windows 7
I have a new laptop with Windows 7, and MS Outlook 2007. My contacts came in fine, but my address book is blank, and will not let me add contacts from the contacts folders (Greyed out). I've tried everything with Outlook, and suspect it is a Windows 7 problem because I created a new user in Windows, and it let me use the address book function. Previous versions of Windows allowed you to go into your User accounts, and cahnge the e-mail account settings, but I cannot find this in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 7? Email setting? - th...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

Windows Server 2008 License / SBS
I need to add a Win 2008 R2 Server to my SBS 2003 domain. I currently have 15 SBS users. Do I need to purchase 15 Windows 2008 R2 User CAL's when purchasing the Win 2008 R2 Server? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CB4846.A0C22620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes you do --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295= 73/ref=3Dpd_...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

Opening up a new Outlook window for a separate mailbox
Here is my situation. One of my users, has 2 mailboxes he needs to check, and he needs to have them both open at the same time, preferrably in separate windows so he can copy stuff from one mailbox to the other. He had had this working before, and right after we upgraded him to Office 2003 it was working again, but now we can't seem to get it to work anymore. Does someone know how to open up another mailbox into a separate window so he can see 2 mailboxes at the same time? Thanks, Chris Add the mailbox to his profile. Then right click on the second Inbox and choose Open in New Wind...

gp 10 -how to show a list of sop documents for a specific customer?
Hello, What is the best way to return all SOP documents for a specific customer using GP10 list? (not smartlist) This is our problem: -we go to the Customers list. -select a customer and goto > "view transactions" our problem is that any sop transaction that we click on that is moved to history, opens the AR transaction instead of the SOP document. Context? a customer calls and wants to know if something they bought is under warranty but they have no clue when they bought it. So we will not know what date is was bought. We are just using SOP, not service management. -- J...