I am stumped

When I sign on to messenger I always get that some one is trying to add me it
is always some one I don't know and when I go to their profile they have NO
Name and no profile how can I stop these invites.I just keep pushing Block. I
know I had stopped once but I got a new computer and forget how to stop these
Please Help
Thank you.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings Lana,

These are spam.  Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do about it right now besides
declining the invites.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I sign on to messenger I always get that some one is trying to add me it
> is always some one I don't know and when I go to their profile they have NO
> Name and no profile how can I stop these invites.I just keep pushing Block. I
> know I had stopped once but I got a new computer and forget how to stop these
> Please Help
> Thank you.

0
Jonathan

Stumped
Is there a way to do the following: I have an annual $ amount that appears on another sheet that I want to split into 12 payments, each payment listed in a different cell on the one sheet (there are about 50 annual amounts that I need to do this for, meaning I have a monthly summary of all monthly payments). In some cases, the annual amount will change in the middle of the year, therefore changing the monthly payment at that time as well. If I simply divide the annual amount by the 12 months, ALL amounts will change. I want the amounts prior to the change to remain as they were with the o...

I am so embarresed I cannot figure this out myself... but shoot, my lame brain is stumped!
I have a worksheet that has a set of numbers n. In one column (A) I have the original numbers n, in the second column (B) I have the average of the last 10. I have both columns graphed on a single graph so in effect I have the original data and a 10 period moving avergae. I need to figure out the slope, as represented in degrees of angle of this moving avergae between each of the two data points. ie, I'll have a third column on the worksheet that in cell c12 says in effect: "between points b11 and b12, the angle of the 10 period moving average is 28 degrees...." etc. So.... I...

Stumped 2
Is there a way to extend solution(s) in thread "Stumped" to accomodate a situation that follows: A B C Key Input Desired Solution X1 10 10 X2 -2 0 X3 5 5 X1 3 13 X1 -15 0 X2 3 3 X2 -5 0 X3 -7 0 X1 10 10 X1 -7 3 X1 8 11 X3 -2 0 X3 5 5 X2 -4 0 X1 -6 5 X1 -7 0 X1 4 4 X1 4 8 Thanks. There may be better way but: with the data in A2:B19 enter in C2: =MAX(B2,0) then in C3 aray enter, (Ctrl + Shift + Enter): =IF(MAX(($A$2:A2=A3)*(ROW($A$2:A2))),MAX(INDIRECT("D"&MAX(($A$2:A2=A3)*(ROW($A$2:A2))))+B3,0),MAX(B3,0)) and copy down using the fill handle. If entered correctly...

Simple But Stumped
Maybe it should be "Simple AND Stumped" Attempting a very simple VLOOKUP formula and can't get the result in the cell with the formula. =VLOOKUP(B4,testrange,2,FALSE). The Fx or Function Arguments wizard shows me the correct answer but it does not appear in the cell. Only the formula appears there. I have used VLOOKUPS successfully before, but stumped here. Any hints or solutions would be appreciated. Regards Is the cell formatted as text? Also, check Tools>Options>View that the Formulas box is not checked. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

Can't create new profile
Folks Pretty strange thing happening... Just installed Outlook 2007 and created a new mail profile using the mail control panel. Everything worked as usual (enter server address, check account exists) but whenever launching Outlook I get this message Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. I have tried to trash the profile and recreate it from scratch to no avail (same message). What gives ?...

Entering =6000 turns value into text '6000' HELP! I'm Stumped!
This is a strange thing that happens only in this one particula spreadsheet. If you enter =6000 the value becomes '6000' If you enter a formula with the number 6000, this workbook treats i like 0 (zero) 6001 works, or any other number. Very odd. I've checked to see if there's a name '6000' Changing the data type does not make a difference, other than lef justifying the data. Any ideas would be helpful -- TWi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TWiz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1...

Stumped with LIKE query
I have a MS Access database (from Office XP) to catalog my movies in. Here's my dilemma... I have Shrek 1 an 2. From within Access, how can I query the names so Shrek and Shrek 2 are both returned? I either get one or nothing. Here's what I have tried (among other things): SELECT Table1.MovieName, Table1.MovieYear, Table1.Category, Table1.Rating, Table1.Plot FROM Table1 WHERE Table1.MovieName Like [Enter Movie Name]; That returns only "Shrek" and not "Shrek 2". ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----- SELECT Table1.M...

This has me stumped..Error Message on starting outlook
I get the following error message when I start Outlook CiceroUIWndFrame Outlook.Exe The Procedure entry point GETIUMS could not be located in the dynamic linklibrary MSDART.DLL I click ok and it keeps coming up for a few times then stops. Does this ring any bells? Search this group for an answer from Neo-MVP Outlook earlier today. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darron ask...

Do I really have everyone stumped
I know there has to be someone out there with an idea of why I am having this problem. When I set up a pivot table the field lists are not present. I have tried everything that I know to do. They are not hiden and the file is not an OLAP. I can't possibly have a question that is stumping all of you! Please, I have to get this done tonight. Thank you, Jennifer If you're using Excel 97, there are no dropdown lists. You can double-click on a field button, and choose items to show or hide. If you're using Excel 2000, choose Tools>Options, and on the View tab check that O...

Stumped on Object Variable not set
The following is a snippet of code from my prgram: If vRsnCode <> Empty Then Select Case rCell 'Contact Code is Office Visit Case Is = "G" Select Case vRsnCode 'Reason Code for Complaint Case Is = "3" ws.Cells(iMoRow, iSpecWtRefCol + 1) = _ ws.Cells(iMoRow, iSpecWtRefCol + 1) + iComplCON 'Reason code for State II Case Is = &quo...

Custom Sorting (Stumped)
I have 2 colums of data. I want to sort colum B by colum C. Th problem is my range is about 70 rows, and in that colum there are 3 consecutive rows in the middle that I don't want sorted. I know could go the long way and do 2 seperate sorts, but I want the sorte data to be applicable above and below the range I don't want sorted. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be great. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe pick up those 30 rows and paste them into a different worksheet. Do your sort (delete those 30 rows if you need to) Insert the original ...

Outlook 2002 - OLE registration error
Installed, reinstalled office XP & no matter what I do I keep getting when clicking the "send/receive" button - "An OLE registration error has occured. The program is not installed correctly. Run setup again for this program." Outlook fires up fine & all other functions seem to be there & works fine - just the main function! Any ideas? thanks harry Try this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;224876 >-----Original Message----- >Installed, reinstalled office XP & no matter what I do I keep getting when >clicking the &quo...

Umm stumped...Journal Problem
Seems like I may have stumped this forum. One more try. I want to print nice looking reports from the Journal in Outlook. I use Pocketjournal for Palm (great program). Just cannot get a decent looking report when printing the journal, the memo style is what i would like, but that prints one per page, what a waste and by boss dislikes it. Any ideas...anyone!!!! Thanks. Derek ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried posting to Palm's support...

Stumped...
Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish the following summation for a column of numbers, i.e. formula in the "Summation" columnt: ______________________________________________________________ Numbers Summation 10 10 3 13 -15 0 3 3 -7 0 8 8 -6 2 -7 0 ______________________________________________________________ Thank you. Assuming we are talking about columns A and B here, put this formula in B2 : =MAX(A2,0) and put this one...

Stumped with msflexgrid column zero row selection.
Sample code to illistrate the problem. If MSFlexGrid1.Col = 0 And MSFlexGrid1.Row >= 0 Then Exit Sub End If I put this as the first line of code in the msflexgrid1 click, enter cell and leave cell event but when you click any row in column 0, column 1 next to column 0 gets selected and it still executes any code under this statement. Is there any way to prevent this? I want to be able to click on any cell in any row under column 0 and have nothing happen. Thanks much for any help! On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:57:36 -0400, "Gary" <private@comcast.net> wrote: ...

ISP Stumped
I have started receiving the following message from Outlook when send/receiving email. Task 'email account name' - Receiving' reported error (0x80042110): 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. the number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider.' I have 4 email account with this ISP and only receiving this message with two of the account. The other two are working ok. This is only on receiving email - I am able to send. I ...

#Name? problem that has been stumping Everyone
I have been posting this message for about 5 days now and no one has been able to help. I have a macro that fills down the formula =IF(AT2 = 500,MROUND(AI2,500),IF(AT2 = 5,MROUND(AI2,5),IF(AT2 = 10,MROUND(AI2,10),IF(AT2 = 25,MROUND(AI2,25),IF(AT2 = 100,MROUND(AI2,100),IF(AT2 = 200,MROUND(AI2,200),IF(AT2 = 364,MROUND(AI2,364),ROUNDDOWN(AI2,0)))))))) Each time I fill down the range using the macro I get a #name? error. As I have posted before there is no error in the function because when I go into the status bar at the end of the formula and MANUALLY hit enter the formula calculates correctl...

Stumped on (Simple?) VBA Question
I know this code is wrong, but I�m still a rookie, only slightly mor skilled than when I joined. This code resides in a sheet called �TAT by Priority�, but I�m tryin to poll a different sheet in the same workbook called �Data Entry�. Ho can I get pointed to the �Data Entry� sheet before executing th For/Next Loop? Worksheets("Data Entry").Cells ("PTSource") LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = 1 To LastRow If Cells(i, 9).Value Then 'start flag is true If Cells(i, 8).Value = "E" Then c1 = c1 + 1 ElseIf Cells(i, 8).Value = "O" Then c2 =...

stumped: For- Next Code doesn't work?
This code goes through 3 work sheets in the same XL workbook, day, eve and night shift in each sheet their are columns representing production work orders and reject and downtime for each order so in the tblproductiondetail there is one record for each work order and many reject or downtime records (one to many) code works fine to get a new record for each work order main info but when creating the sub table related records for rejcts and downtime it writes the same autonumber over and over again. Public Sub dBSAVE() DayShift EveningShift NightShift End Sub Sub NightShift() Dim db As Dat...

Need some expertise
I'm hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction. I have a SQL backend that is supported by my IT group at a different site. I have an Access front end with my queries, linked tables, and forms/reports. On the form (for data entry of Customers, Drivers, etc.) we want lookups or auto-lookups to pull information in. For example when the data entry person is typing in the last name of the Driver we want Access to show all the Drivers that start with the letter that has been typed. Filter? I tried to build a lookup based on my query and it stated that I couldn't c...

Stumped: Delivery timestamps
Problem User complains email takes 4 hours to deliver from him to colleague (different server, same site). 6MB attachment, but fast LAN and powerful servers In tracking logs, email is sent and recieved at 1:40, shipping between the two machines quickly. On the recipients machine, the headers and the outlook GUI confirm this. Feeling pretty convinced that the user has sent this email at 1:40, not when claimed hours earlier. However, I check his sent items, and sure enough, it has a sent time of 08:30, hours earlier as he claimed. This is what I can figure out: * Groupsheild is in use, don&...

moving public folders from 5.5 to 2003
Ok, I've tried everything I can think of. What is the best way, that actually works, to move public folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003? The 5.5 box is in one domain and the 2003 is in another. A trust relationship has been set up between the domains so they see each other. Other than that, nothing seems to work to get the public folders moved. We already tried pFmigrate. Thanks! Chris I just created replicas for all of mine on the Exchange 2003 servers...then when I was ready, I removed the replicas from the 5.5 servers... "chu" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Stumped on Reporting issue
I have a query with a field called "Address" Address: (qryNames]![HouseNumber]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetNameT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetTypeT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![StreetSuffixT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![AptNumber]) & (", "+[qryNames]![CityT]+",") & (" "+ [qryNames]![StateT]) & (" "+[qryNames]![Zip])) When I runt he query, things format great, this would result in: 1000 Oak Street South #101, Mytown, MN 55555 But when I build a report and drop the address field in, things for...

This has me stumped
Excel 2003 user here. How do i return the cell reference of the first and last occurences of a 1 in row? Thanks in anticipation Kevin I assume you want the cell address? Assuming that 1 does exist... Range of interest is A2:E2 For the first cell address, array entered** : =ADDRESS(ROW(A2:E2),MIN(IF(A2:E2=1,COLUMN(A2:E2))),4) For the last cell address, array entered** : =ADDRESS(ROW(A2:E2),MAX(IF(A2:E2=1,COLUMN(A2:E2))),4) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the SH...

RE: STuMPed
I figured out why I could not send out (See Apr. 19th post). Apparently the ISP service will only allow to use their SMTP for outgoing mail (smtp1.ns.sympatico.ca) Is there a way to tell exchange to use this SMTP for outgoing mail? Or am I going to have to tell my client to change his ISP service? Crown Royal <CrownRoyal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I figured out why I could not send out (See Apr. 19th post). Apparently the >ISP service will only allow to use their SMTP for outgoing mail >(smtp1.ns.sympatico.ca) Is there a way to tell exchange to use this SMTP...