I am stumped

When I sign on to messenger I always get that some one is trying to add me it
is always some one I don't know and when I go to their profile they have NO
Name and no profile how can I stop these invites.I just keep pushing Block. I
know I had stopped once but I got a new computer and forget how to stop these
Please Help
Thank you.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings Lana,

These are spam.  Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do about it right now besides
declining the invites.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I sign on to messenger I always get that some one is trying to add me it
> is always some one I don't know and when I go to their profile they have NO
> Name and no profile how can I stop these invites.I just keep pushing Block. I
> know I had stopped once but I got a new computer and forget how to stop these
> Please Help
> Thank you.

0
Jonathan

SumIf Question? If question? I'm stumped..
I have three columns. "A", "B", and "C". I want to sum column "C" when "A" equals a specific value AND "B" equals a specific value. For example, sum the amuunts in column "C" when "A" equals "ball" AND "B" equals "bat". Any ideas? -Adam You can use an array formula, you need to press CTRL+Shift+Enter after typing the formula, if you've done this correctly curly brackets {} will appear around the formula in the formula bar: Use a formula something like: =SUM(IF(($A$2:$A$...

I am stumped
When I sign on to messenger I always get that some one is trying to add me it is always some one I don't know and when I go to their profile they have NO Name and no profile how can I stop these invites.I just keep pushing Block. I know I had stopped once but I got a new computer and forget how to stop these Please Help Thank you. Greetings Lana, These are spam. Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do about it right now besides declining the invites. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: h...

Stumped...
Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish the following summation for a column of numbers, i.e. formula in the "Summation" columnt: ______________________________________________________________ Numbers Summation 10 10 3 13 -15 0 3 3 -7 0 8 8 -6 2 -7 0 ______________________________________________________________ Thank you. Assuming we are talking about columns A and B here, put this formula in B2 : =MAX(A2,0) and put this one...

I am stumped!
I really hope someone can give me a hand with this one. I cannot figure this one out for the life of me. I have Googled this to no end. If you take a look at the corresponding xls with this post I am essentially trying to do a two dimensional lookup in the two rows of data. For example, I want to count the number of times "Name2" corresponds to, let's say, "Peaches" "Cherries" or "Pumpkins". Would this be really easy as a pivot? Yes...but I want the table to be dynamic so that every time I dump data into a data tab the table automatically upd...

Stumped
Is there a way to do the following: I have an annual $ amount that appears on another sheet that I want to split into 12 payments, each payment listed in a different cell on the one sheet (there are about 50 annual amounts that I need to do this for, meaning I have a monthly summary of all monthly payments). In some cases, the annual amount will change in the middle of the year, therefore changing the monthly payment at that time as well. If I simply divide the annual amount by the 12 months, ALL amounts will change. I want the amounts prior to the change to remain as they were with the o...

Can't create new profile
Folks Pretty strange thing happening... Just installed Outlook 2007 and created a new mail profile using the mail control panel. Everything worked as usual (enter server address, check account exists) but whenever launching Outlook I get this message Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. I have tried to trash the profile and recreate it from scratch to no avail (same message). What gives ?...

Stumped with Outlook Web Access Problem...
Hi, I need some help on this one...I'm having issues on some computers connecting to OWA. Some can connect by IP address only, not domain name. I know that sounds like a DNS issue and maybe it is, but not sure. Here's the thing....I have 2 laptops sitting side by side on my home wireless network. One is my home laptop on a workgroup, the other is my work laptop that is a member of my domain at work. My home laptop connects fine by domain name (https://mydomain/exchange), but my work laptop won't. I get a Page Cannot Be Displayed error. To get it to connect I have to en...

Custom Sorting (Stumped)
I have 2 colums of data. I want to sort colum B by colum C. Th problem is my range is about 70 rows, and in that colum there are 3 consecutive rows in the middle that I don't want sorted. I know could go the long way and do 2 seperate sorts, but I want the sorte data to be applicable above and below the range I don't want sorted. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be great. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe pick up those 30 rows and paste them into a different worksheet. Do your sort (delete those 30 rows if you need to) Insert the original ...

Stumped on combinations
Hi I am stumped on a complex combination problem. I need to create all possible combinations to fill grids 7 columns wide with set parameter restrictions. Parameters are: 1) the number of columns the grid will take 2) the number of times 'x' is to appear in the columns, going downwards 3) the maximum number of spaces before an 'x' 4) the minimum number of 'x' in a row 5) the maximum number of x in a row. For example BuildGrids(3,1,6,2,3) might produce 000000x - this row has six spaces x00xxx0 - this row has three x 0xx0000 - this row has two xs Each column co...

This has me stumped
Excel 2003 user here. How do i return the cell reference of the first and last occurences of a 1 in row? Thanks in anticipation Kevin I assume you want the cell address? Assuming that 1 does exist... Range of interest is A2:E2 For the first cell address, array entered** : =ADDRESS(ROW(A2:E2),MIN(IF(A2:E2=1,COLUMN(A2:E2))),4) For the last cell address, array entered** : =ADDRESS(ROW(A2:E2),MAX(IF(A2:E2=1,COLUMN(A2:E2))),4) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the SH...

Time to stump the experts!
OK, I'm having a hard time, replying to 8yo's query. "What's the "Scroll-Lock" for Dad? I Googled and found some obscure link to Excel, Anybody <really> use this key? .........and How? Rodney, It's a keyboard thing, for people who prefer using the keyboard only and not the mouse. If you want to see other areas - above, below, left, or right of your cell - without changing the activecell and by using the keyboard, you can press "Scroll Lock" and use the arrow keys to do it. Essentially, the same thing that happens when you use the scroll ...

RE: STuMPed
I figured out why I could not send out (See Apr. 19th post). Apparently the ISP service will only allow to use their SMTP for outgoing mail (smtp1.ns.sympatico.ca) Is there a way to tell exchange to use this SMTP for outgoing mail? Or am I going to have to tell my client to change his ISP service? Crown Royal <CrownRoyal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I figured out why I could not send out (See Apr. 19th post). Apparently the >ISP service will only allow to use their SMTP for outgoing mail >(smtp1.ns.sympatico.ca) Is there a way to tell exchange to use this SMTP...

Stumped
This one really has me stumped, so I'm hoping someone has an idea what might be causing this. I'm using Excel 2007 SP2 in a Windows XP SP3 environment. The workbook was created in 2007 and never existed in an older format. I have a workbook with a ton of code in it. Everything works exactly as it's supposed to. The problem only occurs when I change the macro security settings. If I leave the security level at "Disable all macros with notification" and then manually enable content each time the workbook is opened, then no problem. But, if I change th...

Lets play stump the expert!
I can access CRM through the internet. I can open the main screen and change screens from account to contact to task, etc. But on one laptop(mine of course) when I try to open an "Account" or "Contact", a window will appear but never populates with anything but a pretty blue(no detail). Lets throw in a little more just for fun, I can open a "Task" and even my custom entity. Have fun, Antony ...

ISP Stumped
I have started receiving the following message from Outlook when send/receiving email. Task 'email account name' - Receiving' reported error (0x80042110): 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. the number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider.' I have 4 email account with this ISP and only receiving this message with two of the account. The other two are working ok. This is only on receiving email - I am able to send. I ...

Transferring info between Excel sheets ??? I'm stumped......!!
Hi folks........... It's time for me to turn to you experts.........cos I'm lost on this one......... I have a need to transfer information from one excel sheet to another.......sounds simple but only a select amount of information if the preceding information meets a specific criteria.........that comes as no surprise........... At least I'm only looking at solving the challenge of transferring information on the second and third rows in each sheet. ****** From a sheet that we can call "July Orders" ...if the customer reference number which is already in Column C cel...

Outlook 2002 - OLE registration error
Installed, reinstalled office XP & no matter what I do I keep getting when clicking the "send/receive" button - "An OLE registration error has occured. The program is not installed correctly. Run setup again for this program." Outlook fires up fine & all other functions seem to be there & works fine - just the main function! Any ideas? thanks harry Try this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;224876 >-----Original Message----- >Installed, reinstalled office XP & no matter what I do I keep getting when >clicking the &quo...

Stumped with FRX
I am using GP 7.50 & trying to familiarize myself in FRX. I created a row format with my chart of accounts. However, what worries me is if I added a new natural code with this row format update automatically or do I need to recreate it each time. Can someone give me some direction?? Also, if there are two location p&L's that I want to combine-how do you do this??? I can see them individually but have no clue on combining...this manual is not helping me too much so any input would be appreciated. thanks again Barb You don't have to recreate it each time. You will ne...

Stumped on a Macro
I�m trying to create a macro that starts at a cell, double-clicks t edit the cell, then (like pressing <enter>) moves to the next cel below, then double-clicks to enter the cell, etc. until it reaches th last cell with data in it. Can you help please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tell us the aim of what you are trying to achieve. It sounds like you possibly have data in a text format that you want to be numeric and are double-clicking each cell to do this. If this is the case, then there are much easier ways. Either way, there may well be an easy way to accompli...

Stumped 2
Is there a way to extend solution(s) in thread "Stumped" to accomodate a situation that follows: A B C Key Input Desired Solution X1 10 10 X2 -2 0 X3 5 5 X1 3 13 X1 -15 0 X2 3 3 X2 -5 0 X3 -7 0 X1 10 10 X1 -7 3 X1 8 11 X3 -2 0 X3 5 5 X2 -4 0 X1 -6 5 X1 -7 0 X1 4 4 X1 4 8 Thanks. There may be better way but: with the data in A2:B19 enter in C2: =MAX(B2,0) then in C3 aray enter, (Ctrl + Shift + Enter): =IF(MAX(($A$2:A2=A3)*(ROW($A$2:A2))),MAX(INDIRECT("D"&MAX(($A$2:A2=A3)*(ROW($A$2:A2))))+B3,0),MAX(B3,0)) and copy down using the fill handle. If entered correctly...

VBA to open a PDF, print, then close
Hi all, I have the following code that opens a PDF and prints (as well as a cuople of excel files). That part works perfectly, but how would I go about closing the PDF after it prints? Sub RunLoop() Dim Folder As String Dim FName As String Dim bk As Workbook Dim strPath As String strPath = ThisWorkbook.Path With Application.FileSearch .SearchSubFolders = True .LookIn = strPath .FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles If .Execute() > 0 Then For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count If .FoundFiles(i) Like "*File 1*.xls&quo...

Simple But Stumped
Maybe it should be "Simple AND Stumped" Attempting a very simple VLOOKUP formula and can't get the result in the cell with the formula. =VLOOKUP(B4,testrange,2,FALSE). The Fx or Function Arguments wizard shows me the correct answer but it does not appear in the cell. Only the formula appears there. I have used VLOOKUPS successfully before, but stumped here. Any hints or solutions would be appreciated. Regards Is the cell formatted as text? Also, check Tools>Options>View that the Formulas box is not checked. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

Completely Stumped
Some kind souls help is requested to make my worksheet more user friendly: 1) When data is filled in across cell range B14 � R14 and I then press �enter�.... a new row is automatically inserted either above or below. 2) The new row would retain the formulas in the cells just copied, but none of the calculations or text. I am using using the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Rows(lastrow).AutoFill Rows(lastrow).Resize(2), xlFillDefault Rows...

Stumped on comments in 2000 !
Outlook 2000 Can't see them, can't add them. I followed the help instructions checking "Mark my comments with" (indicated my name) and everything. My boss sent me a message with comments and I can't see them. It IS rare, but I hate it when he knows something I don't ;-) How do I activate the comment functionality? ...

Absolutely Stumped!
Does anyone know what it means when a cell containing a formula, displays a result that is wrong, but the correct value shows in the "Function Arguements" dialog box near the bottom where it says "Formula result ="? Enter it with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1640E1F7-3D4A-4F9C-955A-5DB36C2BF3E8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know what it means when a cell containing a formula, displays a > result that is wrong, but the correct value shows in the "Function ...