Busy status when using other program fullscreen

I'm using vista and my messenger wont change the status from online to busy
when ii use another program fullscreen. The settings are correct, but it just
doesnt change status ? It's to bad it doesnt change, often people want to
talk to me when im using another program fullscreen. So if the status does
change, they know im busy and they have to wait for an answer.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings Maurice,

May I enquire which application's full-screen feature you're using?  Depending on how the
full-screen mode is done in the application, Messenger may not necessarily detect it
(although it's usually more prone to false positives than not).

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using vista and my messenger wont change the status from online to busy
> when ii use another program fullscreen. The settings are correct, but it just
> doesnt change status ? It's to bad it doesnt change, often people want to
> talk to me when im using another program fullscreen. So if the status does
> change, they know im busy and they have to wait for an answer.

0
Jonathan
12/2/2009 12:06:27 AM
It doesn't matter wich application i use fullscreen, because with all my
applications the status doesn't change to busy. I also did a fresh install of
messenger and even did a repair, the status wont change except if i do it
myself.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Maurice,
>
> May I enquire which application's full-screen feature you're using?  Depending on how the
> full-screen mode is done in the application, Messenger may not necessarily detect it
> (although it's usually more prone to false positives than not).
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using vista and my messenger wont change the status from online to busy
> > when ii use another program fullscreen. The settings are correct, but it just
> > doesnt change status ? It's to bad it doesnt change, often people want to
> > talk to me when im using another program fullscreen. So if the status does
> > change, they know im busy and they have to wait for an answer.
>

> .

Hi Maurice,

How about one or two examples?  Say, PowerPoint?

--

> It doesn't matter wich application i use fullscreen, because with all my
> applications the status doesn't change to busy. I also did a fresh install of
> messenger and even did a repair, the status wont change except if i do it
> myself.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Maurice,
>>
>> May I enquire which application's full-screen feature you're using?  Depending on how the
>> full-screen mode is done in the application, Messenger may not necessarily detect it
>> (although it's usually more prone to false positives than not).
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
>> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
>> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>> (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
>> --
>>

>> "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using vista and my messenger wont change the status from online to busy
>> > when ii use another program fullscreen. The settings are correct, but it just
>> > doesnt change status ? It's to bad it doesnt change, often people want to
>> > talk to me when im using another program fullscreen. So if the status does
>> > change, they know im busy and they have to wait for an answer.
>>

>> .

0
Jonathan
12/3/2009 1:06:25 AM
Ok Jonathan,

powerpoint : Doesn't change status
Internet Explorer: Doesn't change status
Photoshop: Doesn't change status
Windows Mail: doesn't change status
Fruity Loops: Doesn't change status

Just as i say, none of all applications change my status !

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Maurice,
>
> How about one or two examples?  Say, PowerPoint?
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It doesn't matter wich application i use fullscreen, because with all my
> > applications the status doesn't change to busy. I also did a fresh install of
> > messenger and even did a repair, the status wont change except if i do it
> > myself.
> >
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings Maurice,
> >>
> >> May I enquire which application's full-screen feature you're using?  Depending on how the
> >> full-screen mode is done in the application, Messenger may not necessarily detect it
> >> (although it's usually more prone to false positives than not).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jonathan Kay
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> >> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> >> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> >> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> >> (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> >> --
> >>

> >> "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> .
> >>

> .

Are you using an unpatched version of Messenger? I've just realized that
A-Patch breaks this feature.

"Maurice Konings" wrote:

> Ok Jonathan,
>
> powerpoint : Doesn't change status
> Internet Explorer: Doesn't change status
> Photoshop: Doesn't change status
> Windows Mail: doesn't change status
> Fruity Loops: Doesn't change status
>
> Just as i say, none of all applications change my status !
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Maurice,
> >
> > How about one or two examples?  Say, PowerPoint?
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> > MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> > MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> > Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> > --
> >

> > "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It doesn't matter wich application i use fullscreen, because with all my
> > > applications the status doesn't change to busy. I also did a fresh install of
> > > messenger and even did a repair, the status wont change except if i do it
> > > myself.

> > .

Yes, i use an unpatched version of messenger.

"Teoh Han Hui" wrote:

> Are you using an unpatched version of Messenger? I've just realized that
> A-Patch breaks this feature.
>
> "Maurice Konings" wrote:
>
> > Ok Jonathan,
> >
> > powerpoint : Doesn't change status
> > Internet Explorer: Doesn't change status
> > Photoshop: Doesn't change status
> > Windows Mail: doesn't change status
> > Fruity Loops: Doesn't change status
> >
> > Just as i say, none of all applications change my status !
> >
> > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Maurice,
> > >
> > > How about one or two examples?  Say, PowerPoint?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jonathan Kay
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> > > MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> > > MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> > > Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > > (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> > > --
> > >

> > > "Maurice Konings" <MauriceKonings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

How can I use find and replace to delete a word in Excel?
I'm looking to simply delete certain words that are in cells, without having to delete rows, columns or the entire cell. I can use 'find and replace' and replace the particular word with a space, but I really want to delete the word. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using both Excel 2003 and 2000. I think if you just leave the replace box blank, it'll wipe it clean. "callpaultwt" wrote: > I'm looking to simply delete certain words that are in cells, without having > to delete rows, columns or the entire cell. I can use 'find and replace' ...

How to use Autocorrect?
I think I have Autocorrect set up right. None of the changes seem to occur when I input text. Is there a way to turn the feature on, other than the menu item under Tools? jlb Hi jlb, Do you have the option "Replace text as you type" selected? You need to enter exactly what is shown in the "replace" box. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "jlbreyer" <jlbreyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Need Help for Query on Summing Prev Row Value and used for calculation
Hello frnds need a help for the query where in I want to add / subtract QtyMfg or QtyUsed as as per TrnType "R" or "I" starting with OpnBal which is in first row with RowId=0 for a Item then in CloseBal for the RowId=0 it will same then.CloseBal of RowId will become OpnBal for (RowId+1) the CloseBal of previous Row will become the Opnbal of the Next Row for same Item. Reset ablove process when ItemChanges. The below is Table structure.Please frnd can anybody help me for the same. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[RPT_RG1]( [RowId] [numeric](18, 0) NOT NULL, [Item] [va...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do yo
I started having this problem after installing the new SP3. Have read that it might be a problem with Adobe Acrobat and or Norton but can't find out for sure. How do I uninstall the SP3 or what are my other options. thanks for any help. Carl Russell <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I started having this problem after installing the new > SP3. Have read that it might be a problem with Adobe > Acrobat and or Norton but can't find out for sure. How do > I uninstall the SP3 or what are my other options. > thanks for any help. http://www.slipsti...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

Adding Backup and Security Status to Windwos SBS Console
Backup Status; It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second server? Or maybe a client machine that you are using Windows based backup? Security Status; I would assume that I need to enable the firewall rule for the severs to have the the Security Status change from "Not Available" to OK correct? Or is there a fix for this? I tried to search for threads and couldn't find anything. Kev wrote: > Backup Status; > It is possible to add the same Backup Status notification to a second > server? Or maybe a client ma...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

setting Outlook 2003 as default program
Win2k - Office Pro 2003 I have Outlook 2003 set as my default under Internet Options but when I select file send link by e-mail in IE it's bringing up Thunderbird (I use it for NG's). Is there a registry setting that I can change to set Outlook as my default for this. I've tried setting setting the default to OE and then when Outlook opened it said it wasn't the default did I want to make Outlook my default. I clicked yes. No change. Rebooted no change. I also tried going to the add and remove set programs defaults. no change gls858 What did you set as your default for URL:...

Referencing formula using Indirect
Hi, A workbook has 13 sheets, a sheet each for the months from Apr-10 to Mar-11 and final summary sheet In the Summary sheet, I have a validation list in cell A1 where the names of one of the sheets is selected by the user. eg, May-10 I want a formula to retrieve the value of a cell from that sheet (ie May-10), eg Cell R4. The formula should have a relative address of the source cell, so that when copied down, other cells from the source sheet should be displayed. Currently, I am using the following formula: =INDIRECT("'"&$A$1&"'!"&AD...

how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office
how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 Buy an edition that is not for non-commercial use only. You own the Home and Student edition. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E14F850-0B65-4093-926F-B680E1C7D6B1@microsoft.com... > how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 ...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

New Windows 7 Acer Laptop Security Status
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct Newsgroup since there's no NG for Windows 7.......but here goes: Here's the system configuration for my wife's new Acer Laptop computer we just got yesterday: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name Linda-PC System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire 5517 System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-42, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date A...

Using Split Window with CDHtmlDialog
Hello, I'm just curious if anyone has tackled this issue in the past. I have a split window application that is working fine with regular form dialogs. But there are a couple views that I 'would have' liked (although I'm about to give up) to have been HTML based, so I add an IDD_FORMVIEW dialog, then used the MFC Wizard to add a class with base class CDHtmlDialog, instead of CFormView class like my other dialogs. I'm still trying to become familiar with basic C++ concepts here, so excuse my ignorance, but what happens at this point is that the Window does't get filled...

Using WM2K3 images with standalone emulator
Hi, I've download the Standalone Emulator from the MS website at; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C62D54A5-183A-4A1E-A7E2-CC500ED1F19A&displaylang=en The instructions state; "Note: This release contains the Standalone Device Emulator as well as the following Windows Mobile OS Emulator Images Windows Mobile 5.0 with Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP) Windows Mobile 2003 SE " However, when I install I do not get any WM2K3 images - any ideas how I go about enabling them, or is this a typo in the instructions? Cheers, Pete On Tue, 24 Oc...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

Poosible to use Office 2003 in Windows 7 ?
Is it possible to use Office 2003 in Windows 7 ?? -- Greatest Yes and no problem. Office2003 is compatible with Win7 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Greatest" <Greatest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4F8281F-BDB7-4552-AA98-0EC7C56FC710@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use Office 2003 in Windows 7 ?? > -- > Greatest ...

Using Chart Wizard
Hello from Steved ='Period.3-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.3-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.3-06'!$F$90:$J$90 Question I have labeled the next sheet Period.2-06 ='Period.3-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.3-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.3-06'!$F$90:$J$90, +'Period.2-06'!$F$5:$J$5,'Period.2-06'!$F$25:$J$25,'Period.2-06'!$F$90:$J$90 it is giving me "The Formula You Typed Contains An Error. This is my first attempt at doing graphs. What Have I not done Correctly Please. Thankyou. Hello from Steved the answer is =SERIES("Accident At Fault&qu...

View Status Reason in Lost Opportunity resolution screen
We would like to modify the Opportunity resolution screen to display the Status Reason pick list value selected when the opportunity was marked as lost. Is there a manner to access and edit this form? Let me know if more information is required... Thanks in advance, Scott Hello ! There is no supported way to change the windowsize! An unsupported way is to go into /-common/scripts/global.js and change the function openStdWin. -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar, ActivitySummary, Outlook-Forms for SFO,.. ...

Adding new Opportunity Status Codes?
Is it possible to add a new Opportunity Status Code. Currently we have Lost/Won/Open We want to create a code called "Temp Closed". Also we woudl like to Open all the Opps so they can be edited when their status it set to the "Temp Closed" status. We use a different custom made status field that works with our buisness. Microsoft made thier status field far to restictive for us. Hi, Yes, you are right. One cannot add a new status with Open/Won/Lost. You are on right path to add status for Open, one of them will be Temp Closed. And on selection of Temp Closed you c...