WLMail no longer signing in automatically

I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.

The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM after 
a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password and 
signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until the 
next reboot/restart.

Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything relating 
to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.

Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although 
passport.net is a retained cookie).

Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.

This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I have 
since uninstalled it.

Any ideas? 

0
Smirnoff
3/9/2010 8:42:12 AM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2736 articles. 9 followers. Follow

13 Replies
951 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>
> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM 
> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password 
> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until 
> the next reboot/restart.
>
> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything 
> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>
> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although 
> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>
> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>
> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I 
> have since uninstalled it.
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry, should have stated:

XP Pro, SP3 fully patched except Browser Choice update 

0
Smirnoff
3/9/2010 8:55:40 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:#PjwPZ2vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>>
>> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM 
>> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password 
>> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until 
>> the next reboot/restart.
>>
>> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything 
>> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>>
>> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although 
>> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>>
>> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>>
>> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I 
>> have since uninstalled it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Sorry, should have stated:
>
> XP Pro, SP3 fully patched except Browser Choice update

Does anybody know the (actual) name of the cookie that is saved when you 
register a Windows Live ID. I am wondering if it is somehow being deleted, 
even though I have saved everything "live" in CCleaner's cookie manager.

 

0
Smirnoff
3/10/2010 8:24:50 AM
Questions about Windows Live ID issues are handled here:
=20
http://windowslivehelp.com

If you are talking about a password used in Windows Live Mail, that has
nothing to do with cookies.=20

Note: CCleaner has been implicated in problems associated with blocking
legitimate writes to the registry.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message =
news:%23nPorsCwKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>=20
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message=20
> news:#PjwPZ2vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>>>
>>> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open =
WLM=20
>>> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering =
password=20
>>> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, =
until=20
>>> the next reboot/restart.
>>>
>>> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything=20
>>> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>>>
>>> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although=20
>>> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>>>
>>> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>>>
>>> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although =
I=20
>>> have since uninstalled it.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Sorry, should have stated:
>>
>> XP Pro, SP3 fully patched except Browser Choice update
>=20
> Does anybody know the (actual) name of the cookie that is saved when =
you=20
> register a Windows Live ID. I am wondering if it is somehow being =
deleted,=20
> even though I have saved everything "live" in CCleaner's cookie =
manager.
>=20
>=20
>
0
Gary
3/11/2010 4:10:32 AM
Thanks for the link.

Don't think it's a CCleaner issue as I have the free version and it doesn't 
have "real time" protection.


"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uagELDNwKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Questions about Windows Live ID issues are handled here:
>
> http://windowslivehelp.com
>
> If you are talking about a password used in Windows Live Mail, that has
> nothing to do with cookies.
>
> Note: CCleaner has been implicated in problems associated with blocking
> legitimate writes to the registry.
>
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:%23nPorsCwKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:#PjwPZ2vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>>>>
>>>> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM
>>>> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password
>>>> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, 
>>>> until
>>>> the next reboot/restart.
>>>>
>>>> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything
>>>> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>>>>
>>>> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although
>>>> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>>>>
>>>> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>>>>
>>>> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I
>>>> have since uninstalled it.
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Sorry, should have stated:
>>>
>>> XP Pro, SP3 fully patched except Browser Choice update
>>
>> Does anybody know the (actual) name of the cookie that is saved when you
>> register a Windows Live ID. I am wondering if it is somehow being 
>> deleted,
>> even though I have saved everything "live" in CCleaner's cookie manager.
>>
>>
>>

 

0
Smirnoff
3/11/2010 8:13:23 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>
> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM
> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password
> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until
> the next reboot/restart.
>
> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything
> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>
> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although
> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>
> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>
> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I
> have since uninstalled it.
>
> Any ideas?


1.   There are probably other Cookies involved than just  Live  ones.   In
XP you can try to use the TIF Viewer sorting on Last Accessed to see which
ones were presented (not just rewritten).   However, I think it is much more
reliable to find this out from a cmd window with:

    dir/od/ta

Tip:   open your  Cookies  via  Run...  shell:Cookies  and then copy that
path to build a chdir command before entering that  dir  command.

The real test of what may be wrong with your Cookies comes from a comparison
of when they were accessed, e.g. from the last dir command, with when they
were written, e.g. from this command:

    dir/od/tw

Again, you may be able to get sufficient detail from a TIF Viewer  (in IE:
Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)  to avoid having to dip into a cmd window for this
analysis.


2.    What happens if you try logging in with WLMessenger first instead?


HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---  

0
Robert
3/11/2010 2:34:42 PM
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
news:uvnE$fSwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>>
>> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM
>> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password
>> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until
>> the next reboot/restart.
>>
>> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything
>> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>>
>> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although
>> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>>
>> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>>
>> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I
>> have since uninstalled it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>
> 1.   There are probably other Cookies involved than just  Live  ones.   In
> XP you can try to use the TIF Viewer sorting on Last Accessed to see which
> ones were presented (not just rewritten).   However, I think it is much 
> more
> reliable to find this out from a cmd window with:
>
>    dir/od/ta
>
> Tip:   open your  Cookies  via  Run...  shell:Cookies  and then copy that
> path to build a chdir command before entering that  dir  command.
>
> The real test of what may be wrong with your Cookies comes from a 
> comparison
> of when they were accessed, e.g. from the last dir command, with when they
> were written, e.g. from this command:
>
>    dir/od/tw
>
> Again, you may be able to get sufficient detail from a TIF Viewer  (in IE:
> Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)  to avoid having to dip into a cmd window for this
> analysis.
>
>
> 2.    What happens if you try logging in with WLMessenger first instead?
>
>
> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> --- 

II ran shell:Cookies. In Properties, all were accessed today.

Some do appear to duplicates ......@c.live[2].txt, for example.

I chose not to install WLMessenger but it has not affected auto sign in 
before. 

0
Smirnoff
3/12/2010 12:20:55 PM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:eV4h85dwKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
> news:uvnE$fSwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:OVcBuR2vKHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up.
>>>
>>> The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM
>>> after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password
>>> and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, 
>>> until
>>> the next reboot/restart.
>>>
>>> Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything
>>> relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column.
>>>
>>> Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although
>>> passport.net is a retained cookie).
>>>
>>> Had a similar problem before but can't remember how I fixed it.
>>>
>>> This seemed to happen after I updated the BT Yahoo toolbar, although I
>>> have since uninstalled it.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>>
>> 1.   There are probably other Cookies involved than just  Live  ones. 
>> In
>> XP you can try to use the TIF Viewer sorting on Last Accessed to see 
>> which
>> ones were presented (not just rewritten).   However, I think it is much 
>> more
>> reliable to find this out from a cmd window with:
>>
>>    dir/od/ta
>>
>> Tip:   open your  Cookies  via  Run...  shell:Cookies  and then copy that
>> path to build a chdir command before entering that  dir  command.
>>
>> The real test of what may be wrong with your Cookies comes from a 
>> comparison
>> of when they were accessed, e.g. from the last dir command, with when 
>> they
>> were written, e.g. from this command:
>>
>>    dir/od/tw
>>
>> Again, you may be able to get sufficient detail from a TIF Viewer  (in 
>> IE:
>> Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V)  to avoid having to dip into a cmd window for this
>> analysis.
>>
>>
>> 2.    What happens if you try logging in with WLMessenger first instead?
>>
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Robert Aldwinckle
>> --- 
>
> II ran shell:Cookies. In Properties, all were accessed today.
>
> Some do appear to duplicates ......@c.live[2].txt, for example.
>
> I chose not to install WLMessenger but it has not affected auto sign in 
> before.

Further to this problem:

My ISP is BT. There are reports of mail authentication problems. I access my 
BT Mail via POP in WLM and am often asked to confirm password etc. Seems to 
be widespread and I can only assume it is affecting WLM log on. 

0
Smirnoff
3/12/2010 12:26:03 PM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:u5a9z8dwKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

>> II ran shell:Cookies. In Properties, all were accessed today.
>>
>> Some do appear to duplicates ......@c.live[2].txt, for example.

Different timestamps?  That just means there already was one in there that 
hadn't been deleted yet.


>> I chose not to install WLMessenger but it has not affected auto sign in
>> before.


The idea was to see if  WLMessenger also had a problem signing in but that
was because it was unclear if the problem was with a LiveID.   If it is not
a problem with a LiveID, using WLMessenger wouldn't help.


>
> Further to this problem:
>
> My ISP is BT. There are reports of mail authentication problems. I access
> my BT Mail via POP in WLM and am often asked to confirm password etc.
> Seems to be widespread and I can only assume it is affecting WLM log on.


Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. WireShark,
to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but if
you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.


Good luck

Robert
---  

0
Robert
3/12/2010 4:49:35 PM
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
news:ehggBQgwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:u5a9z8dwKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
>>> II ran shell:Cookies. In Properties, all were accessed today.
>>>
>>> Some do appear to duplicates ......@c.live[2].txt, for example.
>
> Different timestamps?  That just means there already was one in there that 
> hadn't been deleted yet.
>
>
>>> I chose not to install WLMessenger but it has not affected auto sign in
>>> before.
>
>
> The idea was to see if  WLMessenger also had a problem signing in but that
> was because it was unclear if the problem was with a LiveID.   If it is 
> not
> a problem with a LiveID, using WLMessenger wouldn't help.
>
>
>>
>> Further to this problem:
>>
>> My ISP is BT. There are reports of mail authentication problems. I access
>> my BT Mail via POP in WLM and am often asked to confirm password etc.
>> Seems to be widespread and I can only assume it is affecting WLM log on.
>
>
> Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. 
> WireShark,
> to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but if
> you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.
>
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert
> --- 

Thanks for your continued interest.

Tried two things.

The first was suggested by Michael Santovec:

"See the Method 3 fix here
Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290684

"For an alternate description of the procedure, see:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

"Although the articles were written for Outlook Express and Office
Outlook on XP, the same issue could affect WLM."

Although I have re-saved passwords and cookies, the Protected Storage System 
Provider sub-key (e.g. S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701) has 
not been regenerated (even after a re-boot).

I naturally backed up the registry first but problem is the same whether the 
sub-key is there or not.

Secondly, I tried linking my old (legacy) .....@hotmail.com account with my 
....@btinternet,com account in the Windows Live ID page. I thought that, 
although I have not had any problems in the past using my @btinternet.com as 
a Live ID, there may now be a problem because of updates etc.

Each time I click on Linked IDs in the Summary page of Live ID, I get the 
message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If 
you continue to get this message, try again later." This "temporary" problem 
has been reported for 3 days now!

I run the freeware versions (no "real time" protection) of Malwarebytes and 
Superantispyware (both fully updated), neither reports a problem.

I also run Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall (WLMail in 
Exceptions). Apart from this annoying problem, my computer runs OK and I do 
not believe I have a malware problem.
 

0
Smirnoff
3/13/2010 9:31:21 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:OjV02$owKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
> news:ehggBQgwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

>> Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. 
>> WireShark,
>> to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but if
>> you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.
>>
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Robert
>> --- 
>
> Thanks for your continued interest.
>
> Tried two things.

?? 

0
Robert
3/13/2010 4:27:09 PM
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
news:OswqJoswKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:OjV02$owKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:ehggBQgwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
>>> Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. 
>>> WireShark,
>>> to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but 
>>> if
>>> you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.
>>>
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>>
>>> Robert
>>> --- 
>>
>> Thanks for your continued interest.
>>
>> Tried two things.
>
> ??

Replacing my protected storage key and trying to link my hotmail.com 
account.

Thought I'd tell you what I had already tried before trying a packet trace.

Did you not see my post? 

0
Smirnoff
3/14/2010 9:40:56 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uRMf0p1wKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
> news:OswqJoswKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:OjV02$owKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:ehggBQgwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>> Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. 
>>>> WireShark,
>>>> to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but 
>>>> if
>>>> you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Good luck
>>>>
>>>> Robert
>>>> --- 
>>>
>>> Thanks for your continued interest.
>>>
>>> Tried two things.
>>
>> ??
>
> Replacing my protected storage key and trying to link my hotmail.com 
> account.
>
> Thought I'd tell you what I had already tried before trying a packet 
> trace.
>
> Did you not see my post?

Further to the above, using regedit, I looked in 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail/perpassportsettings.

There are 45 folders listed (starting with 0). I assume this is a result of 
trying to set up my .net passport, which fails on each re-boot.

As I use only one address for my .net passport, just how many folders should 
be present? Do I need to delete the lot and try setting it up again? 

0
Smirnoff
3/17/2010 8:23:09 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uO#1WsaxKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:uRMf0p1wKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OswqJoswKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:OjV02$owKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>
>>>> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:ehggBQgwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>>> Sounds like a timing problem.   I would use a packet trace, e.g. 
>>>>> WireShark,
>>>>> to see what is going on.   The tracing in  WLMail  isn't very good but 
>>>>> if
>>>>> you had it on too you could supplement that with a ProcMon trace.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Good luck
>>>>>
>>>>> Robert
>>>>> --- 
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for your continued interest.
>>>>
>>>> Tried two things.
>>>
>>> ??
>>
>> Replacing my protected storage key and trying to link my hotmail.com 
>> account.
>>
>> Thought I'd tell you what I had already tried before trying a packet 
>> trace.
>>
>> Did you not see my post?
>
> Further to the above, using regedit, I looked in 
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows Live 
> Mail/perpassportsettings.
>
> There are 45 folders listed (starting with 0). I assume this is a result 
> of trying to set up my .net passport, which fails on each re-boot.
>
> As I use only one address for my .net passport, just how many folders 
> should be present? Do I need to delete the lot and try setting it up 
> again?

After weeks of sending/receiving messages and uploading logs and system info 
to Windows Live Solution Centre - Escalation, received this today:

"We received an update from our Escalation Engineer that based on the files 
(log and system info) that you provided, they have submitted this as a bug. 
They are currently working on resolving this issue on the next release of 
Windows Live Mail.

Since this is now a bug, I won't advice you anymore to continue with 
creating a new profile and transferring your documents.

I'm sorry that we can't provide you with any resolution at this time.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.".

Pleased in a way, couldn't think of anything else to do to try to resolve 
it. 

0
Smirnoff
4/15/2010 1:27:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Dollar sign
Can I enter dollar amount without the $ appearing on the left side of the cell? Thanks, Ralphael, the OLD one change the format -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ralphael1" <ambraja@aol.com> wrote in message news:1128635156.916711.118870@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Can I enter dollar amount without the $ appearing on the left side of > the cell? > Thanks, > > Ralphael, the OLD one > Sure, just format the cells as Number or Currency rather than Accounting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 6 Oct 2005 14:45:56 -0700, "Ralphael1"...

Money Plus Sign In Problems
I just loaded Money Plus Deluxe onto mu XP Home. Everything loaded fine until I'm asked to sign in with my Windows Live emaila dn password. It keeps giving me an error message that my "email address or password is incorreCT. I even got on the internet and signed in to my hotmail account and everything is fine. I've been trying to figure this out for hours. I really want to use this program but I can't even sing in to get started. please help! kat1881 Just going by the misspellings in your post, double check the spelling of your username and password. Check CapLock...

Can no longer access ActiveSync
Hi - I have a Windows 2003, SP1 server running Exchange 2003, SP 2. ActiveSync had been working using SSL, but for some reason it no longer does. The version of the OS and Exchange were the same before the trouble started as they are now. Even when inside the firewall (on the LAN) this is so. If I try it without SSL it will work from a Windows Mobile device. I had installed the certificate for the server on the mobile devices, which got ActiveSync and OMA working in the first place. OMA still works using SSL. The error message is "Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does ...

How do I automatically save an Excel Worksheet?
Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say every 5 minutes? I'm not refering to Auto Recovery. I need an actual save. -- Tony Download and install the AutoSafe Add-in by Jan Karel Pieterse: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm (note: Make sure you download AutoSafe.zip, not AutoSaveVBE.zip) In article <21FD75DF-E9A1-4B25-83B3-F8CFC0C5C29A@microsoft.com>, "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say > every 5 minutes? I'm not referin...

What does it mean when the computer is 'archiving' automatically
My computer started archiving without my opting to do this? Is this a good thing? Your computer doesnt Archive, Outlook does "missprim" <missprim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:100E380F-4845-4796-9020-5F64193C248A@microsoft.com... > My computer started archiving without my opting to do this? Is this a > good > thing? ...

automatic column.autofit
I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column autofit. the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot contain any code. pls advise mechanism. Igor CSV files are just plain ascii text files. They'll never contain code. So you could have a wrapper workbook that opens the .csv and does your formatting or you could do it manually. Igor Lisbaron wrote: > > I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column > autofit. > the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot > contain ...

W7 no longer remembers who I am...
My W7 Home Premium has stopped remembering all of my user IDs. When I log into various sites - banks, things like Vonage, etc. my ID no longer pops up automatically. After I have re-entered it, it forgets again next time. Is there an option that got reset? If so, I wonder how? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote in message news:uRxghixOLHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My W7 Home Premium has stopped remembering all of my user IDs. When I log > into various sites - banks, things like Vonage, etc. my ID no longer pops > up >...

Automatically not print rows in Excel with a zero value?
I use Excel for billing invoices. Have over 100 items. Never use all items. I manually delete each row so invoice is not 3 pages long. Don't want to show all these no value rows. Would like to have Excel only print the rows that contain a value--so I don't have to eliminate these rows every time I create a new invoice. Hi DJP just an alternative approach, why don't you design the invoice for the "average" number of items you have (and so it looks pretty on 1 page) and then add rows in if you need extra ones? i have an example invoice workbook with code that does thi...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

Emails sent out automatically
Emails went out to many of my contacts without my knowledge. Can a power outage do this? Nothing else happened...... -- Blondeapache, Roswell native Hi, Blondeapache. Did they actually go out from your computer? Or did some SPAMMER simply paste your name into the From box of emails that he sent out? A common trick is for a SPAMMER to find his way into one person's address book. Then he picks two names and sends his SPAM message to one of them "From" the other one. And maybe he sends the message "from" you "To Everyone You Know". The ph...

Allow user to disable automatic hyperlink generation in Excel.
I would like the option of NOT having Excel or Word create a hyperlink when I enter an e-mail address. Having to manually disable each entry as I add to a list is a pain. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/d...

Automatically hide/unhide rows
I'm a VBA newbie and have searched for an answer for how to do this, but must be doing something wrong when I've tried other codes. I need to have rows automatically hide or unhide based on a value in column D. If the value in column D is Y, the row should not be hidden; if the value is N, the row should be hidden. These values may change, so the rows need to be able to hide/unhide automatically. When I've entered codes in before, I click on the tab for this worksheet, select View Code, choose Insert Module, and then insert the code. There is already a code i...

WLMail Contact List
I do not know how to delete an individual contact entry. I have duplicate entries where the contact has changed his address. Perhaps I should have "edited" the original, but I didn't. In any event, there are some entries I just want to eliminate. There must be some obvious place I'm overlooking wherein a "delete" button is hidden. Thanks for your help. -- Allen Furfine On the Menu Bar: Go | Contacts. Right click on the contact you want to remove and delete it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "a...

Hotmail, Windows Messenger and WLMail
at 5 - 6 am - this morning - no problems Get to work @ 8:30 this morning - nothing, zero, zippo. Cant use windows mail - messenger - nothing. It wont accept my password - i cant reset the password - and cant use secret question - or send new password to my secondary account. All dead - and my secondary email account - is barely working as i can sometimes sign in - and sometimes cant. Is everything dead? From the Windows Live Solution Center (WLSC) =E2=80=9CWindows Live Hotmail is currently experiencing login issues. A = small amount of users may receive errors when atte...

No longer available for Purchase??
As of this morning, July 1, Money is still available for purchase. Wonder when they will actually stop selling. ...

How do I automatically send daily email of updated Excel workbook.
I am trying to have reports in Excel (that are udpated daily) sent automatically in email. I want them to just be sent "behind the scenes" without me having to create a new email, attach the file, and send daily. I want to have this process happen automatically. They are excel reports and I use Lotus Notes, and am looking for any help that could show me how to link these two, or send email through Excel to a specified distribution list, on specified dates. Hi > use Lotus Notes Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm And see Chip Pearsons site about OnTime http://www...

Pivot Table: Item in the dropdown that are no longer in the Data Area???
I will try to be as clear as possible... Here is the use case 1) create a pivot table 2) change one of the items (positioned in a row) in the Data Area e.g. give it a new name 3) after refreshing, in the drop down menu the "old" items are still there!.... Hoe can I "clean" the list, so that I don't have a list of items to select from, that contain items that don't exist? (very confusing...) TIA luis To eliminate the old items from the dropdowns, in Excel 2002, you can set the MissingItemsLimit property: '========================== Sub DeleteMissingItems20...

Emails cannot add to the records automatically
I am using CRM 3.0, when I created an email activities and sent to external client (they are using gmail) via CRM web client, I can see a email record with GUID (CRM00030002) in the History of that contact record. When the client reply my mail, I can receive it in my Outlook Inbox with thta GUID at the subject line, however, I cannot find any email record which replied by the client appended to the activities/history of the contact record, does any has this experience and do you guus know any way to solve it? Event ID:0 Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceEx...

Plus sign???
I have a cell that reads: =round(+F6,2) What does the plus sign mean in this formula?? What will happen if I delete it. Thanks Christopher Hi just not required :-) Simply delete it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Christopher Anderson" <ChristopherAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F9ECAD4E-7851-41D4-B044-74F3654384B5@microsoft.com... > I have a cell that reads: > > =round(+F6,2) > > What does the plus sign mean in this formula?? What will happen if I delete > it. > > Thanks > > Christopher It usua...

Automatic Send/Receive in Outlook XP
How can I set up an automatic Send/Receive in Outlook XP? I have to manually press send/receive to receive messages. Thanks Tools | Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Louski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008001c3c3f3$3d9881e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I set up an automatic Send/Receive in Outlook XP? > I have to manually press send/receive to receive m...

Opening New Excel file closes the Existing One Automatically
Hi! I've got a few templates that we use in our office. We'd frequently create standard workbooks from these templates: We had a shortcut insid the task pane which we click to cerate a new one from the standard template, fill it with data. At the point JUST BEFORE IT'S BEING SAVED (or have a filename), if we open another existing workbook (created from the same template and saved on disk), it would open and Excel would closes the UNSAVED copy without even prompting us to save. This is costing us a lot of time but looking inside the macros of the template, I've not e...

I need a blank open hours sign
I need a blank bussiness open hours sign that I was able to get with Windows millinium and can not find with XP. Can you help me? ...

how do i reset data automatically? #2
ok...what i need to do is add mondays total to tuesday..then tuesdays to wednes days...and so on...then on sunday clear the workbook.but keep the totals thru the end of the month.... -- n8rboy1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ n8rboy1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273794 ...

how do i keep emails from opening automatically
I have just started using Microsoft Outlook and when I used Outlook Express - there was an option that you could use so an email didn't open just by sitting on it - you actually had to open it to mark as read Can you do this in Microsoft Outlook? Tools->Options->Other->Preview Pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, angela68 asked: | I have just started using Microsoft Outlook and when I used Outloo...

All of a sudden my MFC Project is no longer a MFC Project ?
Hello, I�m in the middle of a project and just wanted to add another mfc-class with the wizard when it says: MFC classes can only be added to MFC projects. H� ? I mean that is the way I have done it everytime and suddenly in the class wizard it seems that I can only add a .NET class. Does anyone have an idea how this could happen ? thanx Lukas Henschke ...