WLM not syncing, not displaying mail, folder, nothing.

Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem to
work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive
tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.

what gives?

"asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem
> work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive
> tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.
>
> what gives?

Look at the bottom of the folders list for "storage folders"
Open this and you should see " imported folders"
Your imported emails should be in there.
You can drag & drop emails to your new inbox etc, but so far I haven't found
a way to drag & drop subfolders & their contents.

Best
Paul.

0
PeeCee
2/4/2010 4:33:40 AM
Please be more specific..

Mail window for what type of account ?
 - Hotmail
 - Pop3
 - IMAP

Have you setup an email account in WLM ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:638D217D-FEC6-4AB0-838A-50D6657DE7FD@microsoft.com...
> Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem to
> work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive
> tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.
>
> what gives?

0
winston
2/4/2010 4:56:44 AM
my accounts somehow got deleted. and when i logged in, it never actually
logged me into my live mail account. calendar showed up just fine oddly
enough.
the fix was to recreate a new account and wlm worked again.

the only account i used it on was a live/hotmail account.

cant figure out why the already configured account would dissapear and i had
to manually make a new account.

oh well, its working now. will post if it does it again.

"PeeCee" wrote:

> "asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem
> > work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive
> > tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.
> >
> > what gives?
> >

> Look at the bottom of the folders list for "storage folders"
> Open this and you should see " imported folders"
> Your imported emails should be in there.
> You can drag & drop emails to your new inbox etc, but so far I haven't found
> a way to drag & drop subfolders & their contents.
>
> Best
> Paul.
>
> .

Live Calendar and Live Contacts are there because you are logging in with
your Live ID (ID is displayed under the Close X.  Logging in and accessing
email accounts are separate operations.  You can send and receive email
without logging in.

It is possible that WLMail thought the accounts were no longer working so
the accounts were removed.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> my accounts somehow got deleted. and when i logged in, it never actually
> logged me into my live mail account. calendar showed up just fine oddly
> enough.
> the fix was to recreate a new account and wlm worked again.
>
> the only account i used it on was a live/hotmail account.
>
> cant figure out why the already configured account would dissapear and i
> had
> to manually make a new account.
>
> oh well, its working now. will post if it does it again.
>

> "PeeCee" wrote:
>

>> "asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender
>> > seem
>> > work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank.
>> > ive
>> > tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.
>> >
>> > what gives?
>> >

>> Look at the bottom of the folders list for "storage folders"
>> Open this and you should see " imported folders"
>> Your imported emails should be in there.
>> You can drag & drop emails to your new inbox etc, but so far I haven't
>> found
>> a way to drag & drop subfolders & their contents.
>>
>> Best
>> Paul.
>>
>> .

0
Ron
2/4/2010 5:38:07 PM
"asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my accounts somehow got deleted. and when i logged in, it never actually
> logged me into my live mail account. calendar showed up just fine oddly
> enough.
> the fix was to recreate a new account and wlm worked again.
>
> the only account i used it on was a live/hotmail account.
>
> cant figure out why the already configured account would dissapear and i
> had
> to manually make a new account.
>
> oh well, its working now. will post if it does it again.
>

> "PeeCee" wrote:
>

>> "asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender
>> > seem
>> > work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank.
>> > ive
>> > tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working.
>> >
>> > what gives?
>> >

>> Look at the bottom of the folders list for "storage folders"
>> Open this and you should see " imported folders"
>> Your imported emails should be in there.
>> You can drag & drop emails to your new inbox etc, but so far I haven't
>> found
>> a way to drag & drop subfolders & their contents.
>>
>> Best
>> Paul.
>>
>> .

Interesting.

It's early day's yet but I've had 2 or 3 instances of WLM loosing something.
Will be also watching it.

Best
Paul.

0
PeeCee

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

Junk mail #9
I don't know how to control junk mail. peachie said the following on 3/13/2005 1:55 AM: > I don't know how to control junk mail. You can utilize Outlook 2003's Junk Mail feature or contact your ISP and ask them if they have any SPAM control installed on their mail server. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is fo...

Workbook will not display
Hello Everyone, I am running into an issue with a user's excel doc. Whenever a user tries to open a particular workbook excel will load and the file seems to load but it does not display in excel. Excel acts as if nothing has been loaded. Now this is a random issue. Some days the document will load and others it wont. Now I have completed the following: -Repair install of excel -reinstall of excel -verified that "Ignore other apps" is not check in excel -exported the data to a new workbook -update of office 2003 to sp3 Now the problem previously existed on 1 workbook but...

Mailing in Word
I often have double spacing on my mailing address, despide choosing no spacing on a document. Few times, if adress has more than 5 lines, as a result of extra spacing the address is not prented complete on an envelope. What to do to make all my addresses with NO SPACING? Thanks. Your question may be better answered in a Word newsgroup which is appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

Offline folders #3
Hi, Even though I have set my mail account to work offline, I don't see the option "Make this folder available offline" option when I go to Tools, Send/Receive setting. Can anyone help? Thanks, Annie. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Even though I have set my mail account to work offline, I >don't see the option "Make this folder available offline" >option when I go to Tools, Send/Receive setting. > >Can anyone help? > >Thanks, >Annie. >. >It you are using Outlook 98 or 2000 those settings are under the services s...

How do I creater an alert that sends me a message everytime the "BadMail" folder reaches a certain size???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C4755E.5FDCFBB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Exchange Admains: I recently discovered how detrimental NDRs can be when they pile-up = within the BadMail folder unattended. The Exchange Server can bog down = illiciting angry responses from users. BadMail is located in D:\Program = Files\exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1. In my effort at being proactive, I'd like Windows to send me an alert = everytime this folder reaches 50MBs in size. However, I haven...

Folders list
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Folders list has to be re-opened manually on startup from the Views menu every time. This problem is identical to one discussed in a string that ended last May without a solution. This started happening on both my computer - a new iMac - and on my wife's, a Macbook purchased last May. (The problem showed up first on hers; mine started a few weeks later.) Both computers are running Snow Leopard. Has anyone figured this out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------------...

WLM desktop client printing problems
I have the WLM desktoop client installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Recently, when I print an email, I only get the header and not the body of the message. I've tried the same e-mails using WLM on a 32 bit machine and it prints fine. This use to work on this machine and stopped. Did it function on the 64 bit machine before or after WLM was installed ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Airborne101" <Airborne101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C85859E-D6AC-4926-A8D5-8C67866F3F40@microsoft.com... > I have the WLM desktoop client instal...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

Display question. #2
Right, seeing as i made a pigs ear of the first go, lets try again! Is there anywhere in Excel which shows me how many cells i have selected. I handle large amounts of data and it would be useful to see how many cells are selected without using formulas etc. thanks. While you're selecting, you can watch the namebox (to the left of the formula bar). After you're done selecting, you can rightclick on the bottom right of the statusbar (it looks embossed) and choose from a list. Count, Count Numbers But empty cells aren't included in those counts. maybe a command entered in th...

Great Plains Folder
We are using GP v8 and I did the recent service pack and noticed that all the client Great Plains folders have the same file structure as the server Great Plains folder, and so I believe the Great Plains folder was copied to each client when we upgraded to v8. Aside from the SQL subfolder can anyone tell me the difference between these and if I should bother to correct this problem? Thanks, KJ If I understand your question, you are asking what the client folder structure looks like compared to the server folder structure. The client structure will not have a SQL folder while the ser...

get rid of sections in Inbox, Sent Mail, etc.
I don't like the divisions in the Inbox, Sent Mail, etc., that show "Today", "Yesterday", etc., or category by name. I like my messages continuous. How can I get delete these? Right click in the field header (where it says "Arranged by: Date") and uncheck "Show in Groups" "Mcneilbers" <Mcneilbers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4B02289-9D9B-40E6-BD86-EACF9347F54C@microsoft.com... >I don't like the divisions in the Inbox, Sent Mail, etc., that show >"Today", > "Yesterday", etc...

Wlm help :| :|
i recently purchased a new laptop and went to install wlm on it, it then installed the latest version which i later found to only allow video calls on, i then tried to to install a previous version but as it was the online installer it updated automatically, so can anyone tell me where a working download of the offline installer of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8064) is? thankyou, btw preferably not off rapidshare. -- ollyrennard Greetings, Right here on my blog: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe2/wlm.asp Just download the MSI and run. Note that if yo...

Mail Merge and Postcards #3
I have designed a postcard with a layout of four to a page. I want to do a mail merge and have a different address for each postcard. But when I do a mail merge, I have one address for each page (four postcards). Is there a way to have one address for each postcard and not each page? Thank you for your help. Todd ...

How to display values as read-only?
We would like to display values entered on the Contacts form as read-only or non editable on the Opportunity form. Has anyone had experience doing this without building your own aspx ...

cannot send e-mails using windows mail
I cannot send e-mails using my Windows e-mail. I think I have probably set it up incorrectly. How can I reset it so that I can use it? Thanks Glenn What happens when you try? Any error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "glenn" <glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0CE029-59E6-48E0-AF1F-6847C8D8B83A@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e-mai...

How do I create a Public Folder in Exchange 2003
I've tried creating one from the Exchange System Manager, just by going to my Administrative Group, Public Folders, and trying to create a new Public Folder. I get: HTTP error 501 (not implemented) ID no: c1030af6 Anyone else getting this error? We have small business server products. Use Outlook for this task. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839744 Brenda K wrote: > I've tried creating one from the Exchange System Manager, > just by going to my Administrative Group, Public Folders, > and trying to create a new Public Folder. > ...

WLM security settings
I have it set up on 3 different computers, and all of them set the same. I can receive on 2 computers and open the attachments. On the 3rd, it tells me the security settings will not allow me to get them. How that be when it is set the same on all and how do I change it? I have tried clearing the 'do not allow attachments' but it makes no difference. Help! I need them on that computer as they are work related. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks, everyone.... What version of Windows Live Mail ? Is the email account(with attachment problems) on the 3rd p...

Frontpage displays inproperly on smaller monitors
I just finished a new Frontpage site, I've built several before. This new site is giving me problems. The site is hosted by Yahoo Small Business Server. The issue is that this is the first site that I've built using my new Viewsonic 24 inch monitor. When I go to the site it looks great! But when I go to the site with any other puter with a smaller screen such as a laptop onlt about 50% of the page displays. I built the site using "Frames" on the smaller displays one has to do a major amount of scrolling just to view. I can't figure out what if anything I did...

Offline folder problems #2

HTML Code Fragment Command - Publisher 2003
I'm designing an email newsletter and need to include links to bookmarks on the document. The way to do it, apparently, is to use the HTML Code Fragment command on the Insert menu. However, that command does not display on the Insert menu, or on the Object toolbar. I went to the Customize command under the Tools menu and found the HTML Code Fragment there. However, when I tried to drag and drop it onto a toolbar, nothing happened. I first ran into this problem at work earlier today. Now, I'm having the same problem at home. I tried saving the file as a web page, but that d...

new mail icon outlook 2000 missing
Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot a new mail icon that is not appearing in the taskbar(systray) when recieving a new email. I know it is silly, but one of my users is hounting me for it. ...

Editing (deleting entrees) contacts from Mail contact list
I use Win 7 Home, with Windows Live Mail for e-mail. I am unable to remove old entrees (when I receive change of address info, for example). This was not a problem in Outlook Express. What am I overlooking? Thanks for your help. -- Allen Furfine Click on Contacts double-click on the contact you wish to revise. click on Personal or Work, etc. edit the Street address, etc. click on Save How are you trying it? -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "alfurfine" <alfurfine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Send/Receive doesn't work until changing folders.
An Outlook 2000 client on WinXP w/ an Exchange 5.5 email server, new mail does not arrive in the inbox until the folder is changed, like from inbox to deleted items. Then all the new Email messages come into the inbox. Clicking on Send/Receive also retreives them. I though new messages automaticall go to the inbox on Exchange. ...