wlm hotmail

Hello
From france, english not evident.....
windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger
I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail
worked perfectly
bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live messenger, I
am redirected to windows live mail
how to regain access to hotmail ?
Thanks

--
Asinus asinum fricat

0
AlainPasDeSpam

To access Hotmail via the webmail interface:

Open your browser (probably Internet Explorer).

Navigate to mail.live.com, and sign into your Hotmail account.

"AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
> From france, english not evident.....
> windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger
> I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail
> worked perfectly
> bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live
> messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail
> how to regain access to hotmail ?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Asinus asinum fricat

0
Bob
5/27/2010 1:25:20 PM
AlainPasDeSpam a �crit...

> Hello

Bonjour,

> From france, english not evident.....

Oui ! ;-)

> windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger
> I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail
> worked perfectly
> bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live
> messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail
> how to regain access to hotmail ?

Dans WL Mail, va dans les 'Options' --> onglet 'Connexion' --> clique sur le
bouton 'Ne plus se connecter'.

L'acc�s � Hotmail via WL Messenger ouvrira dor�navant l'interface Web de
Hotmail mais tes contacts Hotmail ne seront plus synchronis�s avec les
contacts de WL Mail.

> Thanks

Pakdoi

--
Cordialement,

Luc Burnouf [MVP]
http://www.faqoe.com/

0
Luc
5/27/2010 3:10:23 PM
If you wish WLMsgr to load Hotmail when the mail icon in WLMsgr is clicked **and*** WLMail(WLM) is installed on the same machine...
 ....then
a. ensure WLMail is not configured to sign on with the same Live ID(or closed and last signed on with that same Live ID)
or
b. Use a different Live ID for WLMsgr

i..e WLMsgr will open WLM if the same Live ID is used to sign on to Windows Live(even if WLM is closed)

Alternatively one can enable WLM to not sign on, though contacts present in WLMsgr will not be present in WLM

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote in message news:60E288C4-96A5-4F4C-9F4E-28A2EF67E3C3@microsoft.com...
> Hello
> From france, english not evident.....
> windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger
> I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail
> worked perfectly
> bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live messenger, I
> am redirected to windows live mail
> how to regain access to hotmail ?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Asinus asinum fricat

0
winston
5/28/2010 4:02:14 AM
Hello
Thanks all of you for yours answers
Merci a tous pour vos r�ponses (pour Luc)
Alain
"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> If you wish WLMsgr to load Hotmail when the mail icon in WLMsgr is clicked
> **and*** WLMail(WLM) is installed on the same machine...
> ....then a. ensure WLMail is not configured to sign on with the same Live
> ID(or closed and last signed on with that same Live ID)
> or
> b. Use a different Live ID for WLMsgr
>

> i..e WLMsgr will open WLM if the same Live ID is used to sign on to
> Windows Live(even if WLM is closed)
>
> Alternatively one can enable WLM to not sign on, though contacts present
> in WLMsgr will not be present in WLM
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote in message
>> Hello
>> From france, english not evident.....
>> windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger
>> I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail
>> worked perfectly
>> bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live
>> messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail
>> how to regain access to hotmail ?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Asinus asinum fricat

0
AlainPasDeSpam

Outlook2002/Hotmail issues
A few weeks ago OE stopped picking up and sending mail through Hotmail. It's like there's no contact at all. I've switched to Outlook 2002 and am having the same problem. Tried deleting the account in OE and O2002 and re-establishing it, but it didn't help. Any ideas? I'm have ZoneAlarm and have searched that for potential blockage but can't find any. Also completely unloaded ZA, makes no difference. Thanks. Try establishing an entirely new hotmail account. Then see if you can get OE or Outlook to send and get the mail. If so, it may be an issue with your o...

hotmail & entourage

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

how do i use the organize feature with my hotmail inbox?
I am a new outlook user and I am having some trouble getting all my ducks in a row*. I have set-up my Hotmail accout on outlook and I am able to access my hotmail email in outlook, but I can't use the 'organize' feature** in the Hotmail inbox. It is in the drop-down menu, but it's grey (or not availabe). Do I have to transfer the email to the personal folder? or is there something I am missing? Any help on detailed info on setting things up for a lame-o newbie that can't figure it out on her own would be greatly appreciated. *I am trying to color code messages in m...

publisher email to web-based emails like yahoo, hotmail
I have created a newsletter for email using Publisher 2007. i have used an existing template and added some content and small images, mostly linking articles or headings to my web page. When I send it as an email to myself and most outlook email recipients, it comes out fine. But when sent to various web-based emails such as yahoo mail, hot mail etc, the formatting is skewed or shifted, and it looks very bad. Is this program only designed to work within other MS programs such as outlook or was it designed to actually create emails that can be read on other formats and systems? I have ...

Setting up Hotmail in Outlook
I'm trying to set up my Outlook file to check a hotmail account every time it searches my regular mail server. Everytime it does the search, I get a "Hotmail Folder Inbox Synchronizing Headers' error. Anybody have any ideas, or know of a place I can get suggestions on fixing this? You need Outlook Connector which will check and download your web mail. You can easily search for this online. It will then allow you to add your Hotmail account to Outlook. "Edward Owen" wrote: > I'm trying to set up my Outlook file to check a hotmail account every time &g...

Permission denied while trying to access Hotmail inbox from Outlook
Anyone have any idea how to correct this problem. I have my hotmail e-mail account set up inside outlook. Whenever I click on the inbox, I get a permission denied error. A script file stops at the following: "f=ViewCtl1.OutlookApplication.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder.FolderPath" I have two other ISP accounts set up as well. I can send/reveive O.K. from each account individually but if I try to send/receive all then I get a "the operation failed" message I have deleted and recreated the hotmail account without success. The hotmail account is one with lots of storage (2G...

why do i need a subscription to snyc to hotmail?
i have tried to snyc my hotmail with outlook but for some reason it keeps telling me i need a subscription and i paid for outlook already. Because Hotmail is not Outlook and requires a separate fee to use it with desktop applications. Web use is still free. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hak asked: | i have tried to snyc my hotmail with outlook but for some reason it | keeps telling me i need a subscription and...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

Outlook 2002 & Hotmail
I set up Outlook to access my Hotmail account however I get an error message 0x800CCC32 "Access denied verify username & password" Now, I know the username & password are correct. I've searched for info & changed my security settings. Hotmail is a trusted site in Outlook & set to accept cookies in my IE privacy settings, but still get the same error. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks Anyone? HELP! ...

WLM desktop client printing problems
I have the WLM desktoop client installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Recently, when I print an email, I only get the header and not the body of the message. I've tried the same e-mails using WLM on a 32 bit machine and it prints fine. This use to work on this machine and stopped. Did it function on the 64 bit machine before or after WLM was installed ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Airborne101" <Airborne101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C85859E-D6AC-4926-A8D5-8C67866F3F40@microsoft.com... > I have the WLM desktoop client instal...

Wlm help :| :|
i recently purchased a new laptop and went to install wlm on it, it then installed the latest version which i later found to only allow video calls on, i then tried to to install a previous version but as it was the online installer it updated automatically, so can anyone tell me where a working download of the offline installer of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8064) is? thankyou, btw preferably not off rapidshare. -- ollyrennard Greetings, Right here on my blog: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe2/wlm.asp Just download the MSI and run. Note that if yo...

WLM security settings
I have it set up on 3 different computers, and all of them set the same. I can receive on 2 computers and open the attachments. On the 3rd, it tells me the security settings will not allow me to get them. How that be when it is set the same on all and how do I change it? I have tried clearing the 'do not allow attachments' but it makes no difference. Help! I need them on that computer as they are work related. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks, everyone.... What version of Windows Live Mail ? Is the email account(with attachment problems) on the 3rd p...

SMTP queue problem + hotmail
Hi, I have set up an Exchange 2003 server (on win2k3), behind an ISA server.: ISP - (staticwanip)cisco router(10.0.0.99)-(10.0.0.203)ISAserver(192.168.0.2)- (192.168.0.1 )domain network And exchange server only port 25 is open for incomming mail to the exchange server. Problem: The exchange server can send mail to all domains: @hotmail.com / @gmail.com / @skynet.be / ... And he can recieve the mails from all domains (@skynet.be / gmail / telenet / pandora ) but... But It can't recieve mails from @hotmail.com ( and @howest.be ) I see hotmail.com connecting in SMTP sessions for 600 s...

Hotmail.
hi all, I can no longet connect to my hotmail.co.uk account from MS Outlook XP. I get the following error message: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF0) : 'The service is currently unavailable. Try again later.' Any ideas ? Regards, Kev kcsoftware@dsl.pipex.comspam (remove spam to reply via e-mail) "Kevin Cole" <kcsoftware@SPAMdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:egk0LClOHHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > 'The service is currently unavailable. Try again later.' > A clue, perhaps? Do you...

sharing contacts between WLM and messenger
how do I break the link between messenger and mail? I don't want them to share contacts. the check-box that says don't store my messenger contacts is grayed out so I can't select it. what do I do? Leon ...

How to Move WLM Storage Folders to NAS (under Vista and WLM 14)
Question : How can I move my WLM storage folders to a NAS device? I have tried the Moving the store to the NAS from within WLM, and whilst this has physically moved the files (and updated the Reg entry to point to the new location), when I restart WLM, it presents the error - "Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x80070057)" Since I am not using the calendar anyway, I've no worries about data loss, so killing it and rebuilding the ics in some way wou...

Outlook 2003-Hotmail & Outlook Connector--
Perhaps someone can help me. I am using Office 2003 and have a hotmail account. I downloaded & installed the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account, and on initial launch of Outlook it seems to work fine but no messages show up in my Inbox unless I click on the "send/receive" tab on the Outlook toolbar. Then the messages appear and if I am still in Outlook, I will receive any new messages that arrive. Once I exit out of the program and have to restart it, again, I have to hit the send/receive button to see any new emails in my inbox. I have set the default de...

WLM cannot sign in at more place same time?
The situation has happened over one week. I tried to re-install the latest version of Messenger on both computers. But it still not work. When I sign in on second computer, the Messenger on first computer will sign out quietly. It bit diffirent as when you select "Sign me out of all other..." in option, that without a notification. The both Messenger on computer can use Sign in at more place with Hotmail Web Messenger completely. Greetings Alex, Are you using roaming profiles or anything that would make the registry settings (say if you've copied your Messen...

Stop Outlook 2003 from synchronizing message headers for Hotmail at startup
I have two email accounts on my computer: one which is a university POP and another, Hotmail, which is my default email that I use every day. I have Outlook 2003 set to open to my Hotmail Inbox folder at start-up. My problem is that as a result, every time I open the program it stalls for a few seconds at the splash screen while it is connecting with the Hotmail servers and I can see in the status bar at the bottom that it is trying to synchronize the message headers for the Hotmail Inbox. I would like to disable this synchronizing so that the Outlook will open quickly and I can get my Inbo...

WLM Contacts changed
I have Windows 7 Home Premium, x64, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail. WLM contacts were updated and current as of today morning. I use the same Live ID for all services. During the day, I installed a beta version of Windows Essentials which, apparently, merged Messenger with Mail. Now, most of my Mail contacts are screwed up, the addresses and other info is outdated... How to find and restore the correct and most recent version of my contacts? Ilya Zeldes, Fort Myers, Florida Ilea, In Wave 3(version 14), the last RTW version prior to this Wave 4 = beta(ver...

Messages from domain marked as Spam to yahoo/hotmail addresses.
I have two domains, capitasgroup.com and zayanfinance.com. Both domains were created using yahoo small business and yahoo still hosts the DNS records. We have one exchange server 2003 in our environment, which services emails to both domains. My users had used the @capitasgroup.com email address and were able to send emails to any domains without any issues. Recently, we switched over to zayanfinance.com. Now, whenever I send an email to any yahoo.com address, it gets marked as either bulk or spam. This can be from any account in zayanfinance.com and it can be to any address at yahoo.co...

outlook hotmail server
just installed office 2003 and fully updated. Set outlook to pick up my hotmail mail. It worked with office 2000 2003 gives me the warning "A connection to this server could not be established." Please help I cannot get my mail at all through outlook john ...

Bub in WLM
WLM has the bug, if you press 'U' and space to WLM crashes and gives the following message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Does that happen in the body of a message? It doesn't happen to me. If you go to Tools, Options, Spelling and uncheck the options to Autocorrect and Check as I type, does the problem go away? If so, try checking each of those by itself and see which one is the problem. What language is your spell checker set to? -- Mike - htt...

Re-installed WLM and can't find email folder
I had the BOD and tried everything to no avail so reinstalled xp home premium. I didn't lose any data but had to reinstall all my programs. The only one I am having difficulies with is WLM. It can't find my old folder to import. I unhid my files and searched to no avail. What parameters should I use for the search to find the folder. I went into WLM and saw where it normally would save to but nothing is there. Because of the BOD I didn't get to prepare for this as I did when I did a win7 computer (successful). Any suggestions would be helpful. John D...