WLM creates multiple copies of itself in the processes

..0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM
it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM
the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I
will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes.

Can anyone help?

"TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up
> WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I
> close WLM the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5
> times, then I will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes.
>
> Can anyone help?

WLMail should know that it is already running and not start another
instance.   However, in order to close the first instance you could locate
its icon in the Notification area, right-click on that, and choose Exit.

Otherwise the first instance may be hung and have to be killed, e.g. using
Task Manager.   Try to wait until the task is quiesced, e.g. in particular
not doing writes, before killing it, if that is what you decide to do.

You can minimize the frequency of hung WLMail tasks by setting its
compaction level to 1 and then expect a prompt from that each time you close
WLMail.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
2/24/2010 12:49:07 AM
Perform a compaction..
Open WLM in Mail mode(do not go to news, contacts, calendar, feeds)
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance
 - set the compact counter to 1, click Close, then Apply
Click in the following order
 File/Work Offline
 File/Exit

WLM will prompt to compact, accept the request. Do not interrupt the process.
Open WLM, then File/Work Online. Reset the compact counter to a number of your preference. To minimize/alleviate compact
failures(folder in use) when closing WLM, exit the program only from Mail mode.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2479CC8B-485E-4016-B364-DF9D250BDCED@microsoft.com...
> .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM
> it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM
> the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I
> will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
winston

View Multiple Spreadsheets in a Workbook
In Excel 2000 is it possible to view in separate windows or panes the different spreadsheets in a workbook? I prefer to use multiple spreadsheets in a single workbook and not work with separate multiple workbooks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, <Window> <NewWindow> Then, <Window> <Arrange> (for example) <Tiled> Each time you click on "NewWindow", it gives you another pane to view in "Arrange". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may ...

Versions created by property-only changes
In WSS 3.0, if you have a document library with versioning turned on, and someone edits only the properties associated with the document and does NOT change the document itself, I can see a new version in the version history. My question is, does that new version create a new instance of the document itself in the database? Put another way, if I upload a 10MB file, and then without every change that 10MB file I make multiple changes to the properties that result in 10 versions in teh version history, is that entry taking up 100MB+ in the database because the same file is replic...

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

Create document in mainframe
I need some advice on the dseign of an MDI app given the following: I have a menu item in the mainframe "Load Test(s)", which allows the user to select one or more tests to be executed. After the files are selected, there is a function in the mainframe which detects how many devices are connected. Based on the number of connected devices, I would like to create a doc for each device. All the app-wizard code regarding the document resides in the "App" file, but is it possible to handle this in the mainframe? TIA. (a) why? That's what doc/view architecture is all about ...

how do i protect multiple worksheets
I have a workbook with 30 sheets where I would like to protect all the sheets at one time. I have followerd directions already posted and must be doing something wrong because I cannot protect all sheets. I guess I need vsome very basic help because I cannot make the codes work properly. I have entered as posted several times so I must be missing a step. Good evening Dennis If you don't want to get involved with VBA, I have a free add-in available to anyone requesting it that will (amongst other tasks) protect as many sheets as is necessary - with or without a password - at once. T...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

Creating Contacts / Groups forOutside Users
Our CEO wants certain contacts to be part of a new group (distribution list), he does not want it setup individually on each machines. the problem is that the users for this distribution group includes both user in the company and outside; clients. What is the best way of setting this up? I do not want to see the users in the GAL that are not part of the company but I would like to be able to email this outside contacts by selecting a group in the GAL. Any thought? - Create Contacts for these external users - Add them to the distribution list, let's say "DL1" - Hide ...

Creating a Macro the right way?
Hello, I am wanting to know where to start and if this is possible. 1.) I have a multi-tabbed work book which consists of product numbers and pricing. Is it possible to have a macro update all tabs with the pricing information that was updated say on the last tab (main update tab)? Thanks in advance... Hvns If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send b...

Create private contacts accounts
Within security I have global read on contacts. However I would like to make some contacts Business Unit only access. I know sharing can do this, but when managing over 4 million records, sharing becomes to cumbersome. I would like the ability to "Make Private" a contact or account or any object similarly to the Outlook function on appointments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

Multiple User #2
I need to be able to switch back and forth between "sending" email accounts. The reason for this is that through the day one of my employees sends personal mail that she wants to show coming from her personal address, and also sends business mail that I want to show coming from our business email. I know in Outlook express you can change that on the actual sned dialog box, but in Outlook (2003) the only way I know to do it is to go to tools>Email Accounts>Veiw or Change existing Email accounts , and change the order. Thats a lot of trouble to go through each time she wa...

Multiple selection in CListCtrl on Pocket PC 2002
I am trying to use OnLButtonDown & OnMouseMove to generate multiple selections in a CListCtrl (on Pocket PC 2002) but the hilite is not working. There is nothing fancy like drag and drop or subitem selection going on here, just pen down, move, pen up, to select multiple rows in the control. I've seen numerous examples that use: SetItemState( idx, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED ); RedrawItems( idx, idx ); UpdateWindow(); But this doesn't work for me. If this isn't the right approach on WinCE or has been superceded by an alternative approach, I'd appreciate some feed...

Can't create Signature
When I click Signatures on the mail format tab, nothing happens. It acts as if the feature just isn't enabled and nothing happens. Same with the Stationery button as well. I looked all over the place for help, but most I've found tell me how to set it up. Got to be something simple. Outlook 2007 part of Office 2007P You have already created a mail profile for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2186BB43-BEB9-4A18-8D05-1905BFA3918B@microsoft.com... > When I click Signatures on th...

Copy Cell
Hi, How can I copy Copy whole column C to F but if any cell in column C has null value, it should display as Unknown? Thank you, Saz Hi Use this formula in F1 and copy it down. =IF(C1,C1,"Unknown") Regards, Per "Saz" <Sajan.sajan@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:cb428589-ef53-4604-9fb8-55b41c1a930f@b64g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How can I copy Copy whole column C to F but if any cell in column C > has null value, it should display as Unknown? > > Thank you, > Saz ...

Create value list from a range of values
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to lis in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values automatically with function? I've tried using the excel Data Filter menu but it seems that needs t be performed manually. I need a function that automatically calculate when there is a change or addition to my list of states. Thanks for your help.. -- mallets12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

creating a formula
i am relatively new to using computors and i was wondering if i can create a formula to work out what is left from a total if where the total is constant for instance hours in the day =24 (b9) and some of the hours are used e.g. eating 1 hour (b3) sleeping 7 hours (b4) using p.c. 3 hours (b5) watching t.v. 2 hours (b6) work 8 hours (b7) is there an equation i can use to automatically fill in misc. (b8) bugsy In b8 type: =B9-SUM(B3:B7) Andy. "bugsy malone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:668F33B9-3E1C-4945-99B0-F82E3FB0560E@microsoft.com... > ...

WLM desktop client printing problems
I have the WLM desktoop client installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Recently, when I print an email, I only get the header and not the body of the message. I've tried the same e-mails using WLM on a 32 bit machine and it prints fine. This use to work on this machine and stopped. Did it function on the 64 bit machine before or after WLM was installed ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Airborne101" <Airborne101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C85859E-D6AC-4926-A8D5-8C67866F3F40@microsoft.com... > I have the WLM desktoop client instal...

SUMIF with multiple criteria
Hi, I need help to SUMIF, subject to several criteria being met. Here is the setup: 1. I need a formula for cell BB24. The header (cell BB23 contains the word; Jan) 2. To the left of cell BB24 is BA24, which contains the phrase; Pay Slip. 3. Now we go to worksheet called; YEARNow. Column B9:B100 contains dates in the format MMM DD, as in Jan 01, Feb 10, Mar 13, etc. 4. In the same worksheet is a column E9:E100, which contains either the word; Business, or the word; Personal in each of its rows. 5. The values that need to be SUMIF'd are in the YEARnow worksheet in column ...

Creating a NEW Global address list for my users.
Hello, First of all I would like to mention that this is on Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Environment. This is what I am trying to do. I have close to 100 users that I am hosting there mail on my server. Those 100 users belong to 3 Different companies. I do not want them to see the address list of other ppl outside there company so I did the following: 1. Open ESM 2. On the default global address list under the Authenticated User I clicked DENY on List contents also made sure that Everyone is also on Deny. 3. Then I created a new Global Address List. Which I used the Description field whi...

Why Out of memory error when trying to create a thread?
I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying Out of memory when running the following code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); My application does only have this additional thread. Joachim wrote: > I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. > Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying > > Out of memory > > when running the following code > > CClientThread* pThread =...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

Making multiple slides in one
If I have a question on the slide and the answer is either true of false, How do I make it if the person clicks the wrong answer it goes to a seperate slide from if the person clicks the right answer (that is also a seperate slide)? On 6/2/10 3:23 PM, katiep939 wrote: > If I have a question on the slide and the answer is either true of false, How > do I make it if the person clicks the wrong answer it goes to a seperate > slide from if the person clicks the right answer (that is also a seperate > slide)? > You will need to add hyperlinks to the slides, either b...

Creating worksheets
Good day all, I am an Excel novice and would really appreciate assistance in regard to the following: I have a worksheet with employee names and employee no's each with specific information per row. I would like to have a worksheet created for each employee and have specific information from the main worksheet to show on each worksheet e.g. Employee name, Empl No., Basic salary etc. The created worksheets then needs to do specific calculations e.g. % increase, basic montly medical aid contributions, etc. I have already created the worksheet which does all the calculations but have to ...

Copy full pages in publisher to add to new file?
I am working with Publisher and would like to combine 2 files into 1 file. It is a matter of copying 2 pages and then adding them to the end of another file. How do I do that? JnKBarry wrote: > I am working with Publisher and would like to combine 2 files into 1 > file. It is a matter of copying 2 pages and then adding them to the > end of another file. How do I do that? ===================================== Edit / Select All Edit / Copy Edit / Paste FWIW, you can open two or more instances of Publisher at the same time to make it easier to do the Copy / Paste. -- J...

Wlm help :| :|
i recently purchased a new laptop and went to install wlm on it, it then installed the latest version which i later found to only allow video calls on, i then tried to to install a previous version but as it was the online installer it updated automatically, so can anyone tell me where a working download of the offline installer of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8064) is? thankyou, btw preferably not off rapidshare. -- ollyrennard Greetings, Right here on my blog: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe2/wlm.asp Just download the MSI and run. Note that if yo...

Creating archieve folders increases size of informaiton store.
I noticed that I was down 600 MB of drive space where my priv.edb is stored and that I was reaching the 16GB limit. I finally was able to get management to let me archive user’s mailboxes. Doing so, I cut down about 4 GB of mail, but when I went back to the exchange server, I now only have 25 MB of free space on my hard drive. The archive folders were not set to that drive, so that is not it. Are there log or temp files created during the clients archive folder process? I run Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2K server in a NT4.0 domain. Thanks There should be log files. Remember that Exchange ...