WLM contacts wont import from .WAB

I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems.
Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008
R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they
show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the
imported contacts are no longer there.

anyone have any ideas?

Leon

0
Leon

I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from
the contact's street address field cured this exact problem

"Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
> problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then
> moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import
> the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I
> close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there.
>
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> Leon

0
Ken
7/14/2010 2:50:03 PM
Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...

There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this
behaviour on some systems.
--
Noel

"Leon McCalla" wrote:

> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems.
> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008
> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they
> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the
> imported contacts are no longer there.
>
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> Leon

I'm using version 14.0.8089.0726 and the bug is still here

Leon

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...
>
> There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this
> behaviour on some systems.
> --
> Noel
>

> "Leon McCalla" wrote:
>
>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>> problems.
>> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my
>> 2008
>> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they
>> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the
>> imported contacts are no longer there.
>>
>> anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Leon

0
Leon
7/21/2010 6:42:01 AM
how do I scan 900+ contacts for special characters?

Leon

"Ken" <KM@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from
> the contact's street address field cured this exact problem
>
> "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>> problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved
>> it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997
>> contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and
>> reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there.
>>
>> anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Leon

0
Leon
7/21/2010 6:43:46 AM
Open OE, open the address book and review each item.

You may be able to export the address book to a csv file in OE, then =
load(open) that CSV file in Excel.
- viewing a csv file in Excel shows each contact entry on a single row.  =
If extra comma's or other characters are present in the=20
exported data, Excel may show blank or partial lines by fragmenting a =
given record across multiple rows indicating a problem with=20
that contacts data.

Unfortunately, there is no magic solution to diagnose a problem with =
special or extra characters in an OE address book.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Leon McCalla"  wrote in message =

how do I scan 900+ contacts for special characters?

Leon

"Ken" <KM@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) =
from
> the contact's street address field cured this exact problem
>
> "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>> problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then =
moved
>> it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the =
997
>> contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close =
and
>> reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there.
>>
>> anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Leon
>=20

0
winston
7/21/2010 7:24:53 AM
Assuming Vista here.... Have you tried importing WAB into Windows Contacts
(not WLM's contacts). Perhaps it would be more forgiving. If so you could
export to a CSV that WLM might accept.

.... just wonderin' as it is easy to try....

> I'm using version 14.0.8089.0726 and the bug is still here
>
> Leon
>
> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>> Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...
>>
>> There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this
>> behaviour on some systems.
>> --
>> Noel
>>

>> "Leon McCalla" wrote:
>>
>>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>>> problems.
>>> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my
>>> 2008
>>> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts,
>>> they
>>> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the
>>> imported contacts are no longer there.
>>>
>>> anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Leon

0
Magnus
7/21/2010 12:41:03 PM
That's actually a good recommendation to try and import into Windows =
Contacts, then later into WLM.

Not sure if its any more forgiving, but it does provide another option =
to view contacts(if fully or partially succesful) in a=20
Windows Explorer environment looking for potential causes(quantity, =
missing contacts, missing data etc).

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Magnus"  wrote in message news:eRCZAINKLHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Assuming Vista here.... Have you tried importing WAB into Windows =
Contacts
(not WLM's contacts). Perhaps it would be more forgiving. If so you =
could
export to a CSV that WLM might accept.

.... just wonderin' as it is easy to try....

"Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using version 14.0.8089.0726 and the bug is still here
>
> Leon
>
> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>> Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...
>>
>> There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this
>> behaviour on some systems.
>> --=20
>> Noel
>>

>> "Leon McCalla" wrote:
>>
>>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>>> problems.
>>> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to =
my
>>> 2008
>>> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts,
>>> they
>>> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM =
the
>>> imported contacts are no longer there.
>>>
>>> anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Leon

0
winston
7/21/2010 10:18:07 PM
Sorry for the delay. I've only just got NNTP service back after a long abstinence.

OK, your version is probably still buggy, for reasons known only to those who distribute updates. The correction came in September 2009, but was not applied to WLMail. Downloading and installing the current version (14.0.8117.0416) will squash the bug. Your contacts, accounts and messages shouldn't be affected, but
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry
--
Noel

"Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:61765409-663D-4D73-B81C-24197E95B458@microsoft.com...
> I'm using version 14.0.8089.0726 and the bug is still here

> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message news:EB7D2FF0-474C-4DDD-A8EB-7D6FC78B2C85@microsoft.com...
>> Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...
>>
>> There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this behaviour on some systems.

>> "Leon McCalla" wrote:
>>
>>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>>> problems.
>>> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my
>>> 2008
>>> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they
>>> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the
>>> imported contacts are no longer there.
>>>
>>> anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Leon

0
Ildhund
7/24/2010 11:00:02 PM
Fyi....if Version 2009: 14.0.8117.0416 doesn't resolve the issue, then =
close WLM

Cut and pasted and snipped from an earlier post for applicability
<qp>
3. Download contacts.msi and crt.msi file from Jonathan Kay's site (link =
below; save to desktop or full permission folder, eg.=20
Documents)
    =
http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!9480.entry
Look under Secondary Components
Here are the direct download links from that site
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe3/contacts.asp
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3rc/msvcrt.asp
4. Close WLM and all other apps, also temp disable AV program
5. Install the msi files

Open WLM, click Contacts, File/Import/ Choose the option to import the =
wab file

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Ildhund"  wrote in message =

Sorry for the delay. I've only just got NNTP service back after a long =
abstinence.

OK, your version is probably still buggy, for reasons known only to =
those who distribute updates. The correction came in September=20
2009, but was not applied to WLMail. Downloading and installing the =
current version (14.0.8117.0416) will squash the bug. Your=20
contacts, accounts and messages shouldn't be affected, but
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry
--=20
Noel

"Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> I'm using version 14.0.8089.0726 and the bug is still here

> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message =
>> Which version of WLMail are you using? Help > About...
>>
>> There was a bug in versions before the current one that caused this =
behaviour on some systems.

>> "Leon McCalla" wrote:
>>
>>> I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many
>>> problems.
>>> Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to =
my
>>> 2008
>>> R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, =
they
>>> show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM =
the
>>> imported contacts are no longer there.
>>>
>>> anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Leon

0
winston

Importing
I just bought Great Plains Standard and plan to move from Quickbooks. I found out that Microsoft released an add-in to import QB transactions to SBA 2006. Does anybody know if there is going to be one released for GP? If not, could I go from QB to SBA 2006 and then from there move my transactions to GP? Thank you, --- Eddy Usually, there are enough changes going from QuickBooks to GP that a straight point-to-point conversion is not the way to do it. For example, a company might change the chart of accounts structure or even add accounts since QB does not require account numbers. ...

Importing Large Databases
::How can I easely import big databases (more than 70.000 lines) i Excel ?undefined: -- Bart Vw ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bart Vwb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2022 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47153 Split into smaller pieces and use two worksheets? (or wait for the next version of excel!) Bart Vwb wrote: > > ::How can I easely import big databases (more than 70.000 lines) in > Excel ?undefined:: > > -- > Bart Vwb > -----------------...

contact managment
is their a basic template that can turn a spreadsheet with personal data into a contact managment application or tracking daily activity by name??? ...

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

Synching Contacts when set not to synch
We accidentally did a partical synch of contacts for a user from Outlook to CRM before we cancelled the process and set contacts to not synch from Outlook. But now when we attempt to synch activities from Outlook to CRM it attempts to also synch contacts even through we have turned that function off. How do we truely turn off this process and does it have to do with the begining partical synch that never finished? Thanks, Scott When you say 'set contacts to not synch from Outlook', I assume you turned off the 'contacts' setting under the Synchronization tab of user op...

importing columns
How can all the values from one column without putting the individual lookup in it? I want B3:B53 to be the same on 2 different worksheets, and only have to enter the data once. one way is to put =source!b3 in a cell on the destination sheet and copy down -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ANTiSEEN" <lakepir8@tampabay.rr.kom> wrote in message news:pBMEe.15413$iG6.9509@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > How can all the values from one column without putting the individual lookup > in it? > > I want B3:B53 to be the same on 2 different worksheets, a...

FW: Check out this important patch for MS Windows
--xfchdflyibx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vxbvtnbfxcqm"; type="multipart/alternative" --vxbvtnbfxcqm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dcncdtryffvpzto" --dcncdtryffvpzto Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Contacts to display GAL!
Hi, thanks for reading. Trying to get our GAL to display in our contacts without doing an import. We are looking for a dynamic solution so we do not have to import on a regular basis. Any ideas? Thanks! "QBob" <hintonrunce@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uibByhedFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, thanks for reading. Trying to get our GAL to display in our contacts > without doing an import. We are looking for a dynamic solution so we do > not have to import on a regular basis. Any ideas? Thanks! > Normally, there are no need to do so...

Import CSV to SQL database
Hi I have a CSV file with all my data to be imported to SQL database of RMS. I have downloaded trial version "EMS Data Import for MySQL". It seems that I need to have a blank SQL database already created to import my CSV file data. How could I create a blank SQL database? Is this the way it is suppose to work or am I missing something. Thanks Don Watane Don, Nope, you're not missing anything. MSImport needs a database to import into. To create a new one, SO Administrator | File | Connect | put your password in | Database | Create | give it a name | Next | when it asks f...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

sharing contacts with OE
I was told that Outlook and Outlook Express share the contacts. How can I disable the contact sharing between the two if possible? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u$K8hpZqDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, lorne wrote: > I was told that Outlook and Outlook Express share the contacts. How > can I disable the contact sharing between the two if possible? > > Thank you OE 6 and Outlook...

Creating Contacts / Groups forOutside Users
Our CEO wants certain contacts to be part of a new group (distribution list), he does not want it setup individually on each machines. the problem is that the users for this distribution group includes both user in the company and outside; clients. What is the best way of setting this up? I do not want to see the users in the GAL that are not part of the company but I would like to be able to email this outside contacts by selecting a group in the GAL. Any thought? - Create Contacts for these external users - Add them to the distribution list, let's say "DL1" - Hide ...

PDC crashed
Windows 2003 server standard environment PDC crashed, looks like gone - backup/corrupt (of course) BDC is up and running, workstations can login etc. Exchange won't start - information store won't mount.... almost as if exchange information in directory is gone....any suggestions? is the DC that's up and running also a GC server? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "DavidH" <david_haskell@NOSPAMpleasekyzen.com> wrote in message news:em3HznlZHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Windows 2003 server standard environment > > PDC crashed, looks like gone - backup/...

How to does not autorize the creation of double contact
Hi, I have a small with Microsoft CRM 3.0. My question is : how to does not autorize the creation of contact in double ? Thank for your help. Sylvain http://www.c360.com/DataQualityCenter.aspx Sylvain schreef: > Hi, > > I have a small with Microsoft CRM 3.0. My question is : how to does not > autorize the creation of contact in double ? > > Thank for your help. > > Sylvain Thank you. Sylvain. "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > http://www.c360.com/DataQualityCenter.aspx > > Sylvain schreef: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a s...

Auto Register Contacts by contact type
Take a look at this loaded question. I have frmEventRegistration which is based on tblevents. I would like to create two buttons on the form. One would automatically register all contacts from tblLeaders where LPosition is 2. The other button would automatically register all contacts from tblLeaders where LActive is -1. Here is a breakdown of exactly what I am working with tblLeaders (LeaderID, LFirstName, LActive, LPosition, etc.) tblEvents (EventId, EventDate, EventName, etc.) tblEventRegistration (ERegistrationID, EventID, LeaderID, etc.) frmEvents (based on tblEvents) sfrmEventRegi...

users import
Hi, I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, however, I should import a text file containing username/password in an active directory enviroment (windows 2003 server R2). How can I do it? Thanks ...

removing incorrect Contacts?
I've got two lots of contacts appearing in the drop-down address box. One is correct, the other isn't. I can't for the life of me remember how to get rid of the spurious one? ta! What version of Outlook "Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message news:OeVOEU2wFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I've got two lots of contacts appearing in the drop-down address box. One > is > correct, the other isn't. I can't for the life of me remember how to get > rid > of the spurious one? > > ta! > > "Noel All...

Contact you system admin.
Hi, i'm on a win2k client with vista and outlook2003. Get the installation to pass. when i open outlook i'm connected to the database i can even go offline. How ever when i try to open Customers, Opportunities or reports i get an error occurred contact your system admin. Nothing in Event viewer, applications log. Any help? Do you have updated rollup 2 http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81674da5-ffef-492a-a7b1-7e1f1951b05f&displaylang=en hopefull it will help -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with m...

Problem importing accounts
I have installe Dynamics crm, when i try to import accounts the job goes in waiting status (other jobs are in completed status) in the error message i get the following error: I'am getting the following errors in the event log: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. in System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse (SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) in System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (String methodName, Object [] parameters) in Microsoft.Crm...

Wlm help :| :|
i recently purchased a new laptop and went to install wlm on it, it then installed the latest version which i later found to only allow video calls on, i then tried to to install a previous version but as it was the online installer it updated automatically, so can anyone tell me where a working download of the offline installer of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8064) is? thankyou, btw preferably not off rapidshare. -- ollyrennard Greetings, Right here on my blog: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe2/wlm.asp Just download the MSI and run. Note that if yo...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Contacts open as email
When clicking on some contacts in a contact folder (not the main) they open as an email rather than a contact record. How can I get those contacts to open as contacts? Jeffemup <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When clicking on some contacts in a contact folder (not > the main) they open as an email rather than a contact > record. How can I get those contacts to open as contacts? When you created the folder, did you specify that it was to contain Contacts items? Right-click on the folder and click Properties. Does the Type say "Folder containing Contact ...

Multi CSV file import #2
I have about 200 csv files that I would like to import into excel. After figuring out that I can only import 1 file at a time, I am tryin to seek a solution to this time consuming problem. Is there an easy wa to import them all at one time, (all the same layout). Is there a way t merge them all and import them, or any other solution? Jef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2007 Contacts and setting up
I have been using 2003 for a while. Switched over to 2007 would like to use 2007 outlook for my Reminder cards like i did in 2003. I can not seem to figure it out. I would like to group people by dates Like October 2008 and have the people that i need to see in October 2008 under that with there names and addres. If there are any examples of how to do this out there it would be great to get that information. I kind of stuck . I can input the names and address find in 2007 outlook under contacts fine. Thanks Maureen How did you do it in Outlook 2003? What happens when you try doing that ...

AIM contacts appear in address book in Outlook express
Outlook Express loads every screen name in my buddy list to my address book everythime I open up OE. How do I disable this from happening? It's rather annoying. thanks! Hi, Jon - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public....