Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-23-10

I installed this vers. Yesterday and it upgraded fine. The problem is that
when I get new mail it does not download the message body.
I get WINDOWS LIVE MAIL HAS NOT YET DOWNLOADED THIS MESSAGE; CLICK HERE OR
HIT SPACE.
An email came in yesterday and I checked it this morning and it still said
the same thing.
It does not indicate I have new mail; the icon does not change and no sound.
I have it set to notify me when there is new mal and it does not.
It may just be my IMAP server AOL because I get a lot of timeout messages.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Does Microsoft read this stuff?

Yep...

Many of us will do the same.

Nancy

"Gary VanderMolen"  wrote in message

I had the same reaction, and I feel your pain.  :-(
If this omission continues in the released version, I will be shopping
around
for a different newsreader (probably Agent 6.0).

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Megabyte"  wrote in message news:uQ9GRZsQLHA.456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

That is incredible Winston.  I can't believe it and it makes WLM totally
useless for me.  MS should have just stuck with Outlook Express because with
every new iteration of Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail they seem to screw
up even worse.  I've lost hope that they will ever release a product that
was up to Outlook Express's standards.  Newsgroups with no clear quoting is
the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  All one needs to do is look at this
message to see how difficult it makes following a thread.  Of course MS
could care less about NNTP newsgroups now since they are shutting all of
their groups down.

"...winston"  wrote in message news:u7G#GIlQLHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

See an earlier thread..
It was 'fixed' by removing the feature.  Unlikely to return imo.

Send feedback..
  Click on Help icon (Upper right - white question mark in a circle with a
blue background) to load the Help Center
  Click on 'Give us feedback'
  Fill out the form
...and
Do likewise in the Windows Live Solution Center
http://windowslivehelp.com
Logon with your Live ID
Select the 'Mail' Category  (note do not choose Hotmail)
Create a new post with the following 'Title' criteria
   Feedback - Windows Live Mail beta 2- <Subject>
Enter feedback in the message then click Submit
--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Megabyte"  wrote in message news:#JiKJqgQLHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Add me to the list of those disappointed with Beta 2.  Isn't the idea behind
a 2nd beta release to resolve problems that existed in the first beta?
Although the lack of message quoting character ">" was noted and reported in
beta 1 this problem still exists in beta 2.  Identifying quoted text in WLM
messages is problematic as a result.  Please fix this bug.

0
Nancy
8/23/2010 4:40:50 PM
Make sure your AOL IMAP settings agree with this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883081

Those instructions were written for Outlook Express, but
Windows Live Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express.

"JimFR"  wrote in message news:3B89D0B0-3F52-431A-B7E6-905F55C31455@microsoft.com...

I installed this vers. Yesterday and it upgraded fine. The problem is that
when I get new mail it does not download the message body.
I get WINDOWS LIVE MAIL HAS NOT YET DOWNLOADED THIS MESSAGE; CLICK HERE OR
HIT SPACE.
An email came in yesterday and I checked it this morning and it still said
the same thing.
It does not indicate I have new mail; the icon does not change and no sound.
I have it set to notify me when there is new mal and it does not.
It may just be my IMAP server AOL because I get a lot of timeout messages.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Does Microsoft read this stuff?

0
Gary
8/23/2010 4:42:15 PM
If your looking for a newsreader I use NewsBin 64 bit
I dont download headers just use newzleech to search what your looking for.
I have never used it to follow a thread but I'm sure it works fine.

"Nancy Jackman" wrote:

> Yep...
>
> Many of us will do the same.
>
> Nancy
>
> "Gary VanderMolen"  wrote in message
>
> I had the same reaction, and I feel your pain.  :-(
> If this omission continues in the released version, I will be shopping
> around
> for a different newsreader (probably Agent 6.0).

> "Megabyte"  wrote in message news:uQ9GRZsQLHA.456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> That is incredible Winston.  I can't believe it and it makes WLM totally
> useless for me.  MS should have just stuck with Outlook Express because with
> every new iteration of Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail they seem to screw
> up even worse.  I've lost hope that they will ever release a product that
> was up to Outlook Express's standards.  Newsgroups with no clear quoting is
> the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  All one needs to do is look at this
> message to see how difficult it makes following a thread.  Of course MS
> could care less about NNTP newsgroups now since they are shutting all of
> their groups down.
>
> "...winston"  wrote in message news:u7G#GIlQLHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> See an earlier thread..
> It was 'fixed' by removing the feature.  Unlikely to return imo.
>

> Send feedback..
>   Click on Help icon (Upper right - white question mark in a circle with a
> blue background) to load the Help Center
>   Click on 'Give us feedback'
>   Fill out the form
> ...and
> Do likewise in the Windows Live Solution Center
> http://windowslivehelp.com
> Logon with your Live ID
> Select the 'Mail' Category  (note do not choose Hotmail)
> Create a new post with the following 'Title' criteria
>    Feedback - Windows Live Mail beta 2- <Subject>
> Enter feedback in the message then click Submit
> --
> ....winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "Megabyte"  wrote in message news:#JiKJqgQLHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> Add me to the list of those disappointed with Beta 2.  Isn't the idea behind
> a 2nd beta release to resolve problems that existed in the first beta?
> Although the lack of message quoting character ">" was noted and reported in
> beta 1 this problem still exists in beta 2.  Identifying quoted text in WLM
> messages is problematic as a result.  Please fix this bug.
>
> .

hi..hello  nice  to  meet  you?

"JimFR" wrote:

> I installed this vers. Yesterday and it upgraded fine. The problem is that
> when I get new mail it does not download the message body.
> I get WINDOWS LIVE MAIL HAS NOT YET DOWNLOADED THIS MESSAGE; CLICK HERE OR
> HIT SPACE.
> An email came in yesterday and I checked it this morning and it still said
> the same thing.
> It does not indicate I have new mail; the icon does not change and no sound.
> I have it set to notify me when there is new mal and it does not.
> It may just be my IMAP server AOL because I get a lot of timeout messages.
> If anyone has any ideas that would be great.
>
> Does Microsoft read this stuff?

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

How to make Integrations for Business Portal 4.0?
Hi, I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is not avilable with Business Portal 4.0, how can i make integrations with Business Portal 4.0? Mohan. You can download the new developers toolkit for 10.0 at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/developertoolkitformicorsoftdynamics10.htm?printpage=false Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mohan" wrote: > Hi, > > I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is > n...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

print preview #4
Is there a multipage print preview? Or just the one-at-a-time with next/previous options? I'd like to get an overall eyeball view (as I can in, say, Word). Thanks. bj If you mean multiSHEET, this may help for each ws in worksheets ws.printpreview next -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ua7BGQPHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a multipage print preview? > Or just the one-at-a-time with next/previous options? > > I'd like to get an overall eyeball...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Outlook Outbox 01-30-10
I tried to send an email and when it didn't leave the outbox, I deleted it. But, the email will not move out of the outbox area. I have tried to delete it over and over again with no success. Any suggestions? ( I am using Outlook 2010 beta ). Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Try posting to an Office 2010 group: Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Darrell Gow" <d...

Quick Campaign error 02-15-06
When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following error. "you do not have enough priviliges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. Contact your system admin." User is crm admin. No logging in the event viewer + no difference when dev error are turned on in webconfig file. Any ideas? "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > When creating a quick campaign, the last step is to distribute the > campaign activities to the different contacts, i get the following...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...