Windows Live Mail - Unable to access

I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The
message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Live
Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from this
corruption (0X00000000)".

I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem with
some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could not
access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then
re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I resolve
this problem and recover my message store and access my emails? I'm using
Windows 7.

--
Ted

Which antivirus were you running? Some of them require a special
removal utility.

Sounds like your message store database is corrupted. Try a manual run=20
of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options, Advanced,=20
Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows Live Mail,
which will then prompt you to allow a space compaction; do so, and let =
it=20
complete. When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be sure to change that=20
setting back to 100 runs.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The =

> message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows =
Live=20
> Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from =
this=20
> corruption (0X00000000)".
>=20
> I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem =
with=20
> some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could =
not=20
> access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then =

> re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I =
resolve=20
> this problem and recover my message store and access my emails? I'm =
using=20
> Windows 7.
>=20
> --=20
> Ted
0
Gary
4/4/2010 8:09:06 PM
Hi Gary,

I assume you want me to go to Tools in Widows Live Mail. If that is the case
my problem is that I can't open WLM. At the end of the message there is an
"okay" button after you click that all you get is the "spinning circle" I
have let that run for hours with no result.

I was running AVG. I have had to put  Avast on the computer at the moment to
provide some security. I have not enabled it's email scanning option.

--
Ted

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Which antivirus were you running? Some of them require a special
> removal utility.
>
> Sounds like your message store database is corrupted. Try a manual run
> of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options, Advanced,
> Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows Live Mail,
> which will then prompt you to allow a space compaction; do so, and let it
> complete. When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be sure to change that
> setting back to 100 runs.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F465B9-B96B-4947-8C1C-D7D17211837F@microsoft.com...
> >I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The
> > message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Live
> > Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from this
> > corruption (0X00000000)".
> >
> > I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem with
> > some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could not
> > access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then
> > re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I resolve
> > this problem and recover my message store and access my emails? I'm using
> > Windows 7.
> >
> > --
> > Ted
> .

You may have to do the "Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Method":
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!226.entry

> Hi Gary,
>=20
> I assume you want me to go to Tools in Widows Live Mail. If that is =
the case=20
> my problem is that I can't open WLM. At the end of the message there =
is an=20
> "okay" button after you click that all you get is the "spinning =
circle" I=20
> have let that run for hours with no result.
>=20
> I was running AVG. I have had to put  Avast on the computer at the =
moment to=20
> provide some security. I have not enabled it's email scanning option.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Ted
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Which antivirus were you running? Some of them require a special
>> removal utility.
>>=20
>> Sounds like your message store database is corrupted. Try a manual =
run=20
>> of the message store compaction. Go to Tools, Options, Advanced,=20
>> Maintenance, and change the "100" runs to 1. Close Windows Live Mail,
>> which will then prompt you to allow a space compaction; do so, and =
let it=20
>> complete. When you reopen Windows Live Mail, be sure to change that=20
>> setting back to 100 runs.
>> =20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message =
"The=20
>> > message store has been corrupted by an application external to =
Windows Live=20
>> > Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from =
this=20
>> > corruption (0X00000000)".
>> >=20
>> > I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a =
problem with=20
>> > some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still =
could not=20
>> > access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and =
then=20
>> > re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I =
resolve=20
>> > this problem and recover my message store and access my emails? I'm =
using=20
>> > Windows 7.
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > Ted
>> .

0
Gary

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Possible corruption? Access 97 to 00
We have a database that we are using for a study. The original was created in 97. We are still using the 97 version. The back end file resides on shared drive. The front end is on the users desktops. IF I try and access the back end I get an error message: "Access has generated errors and will be shut down immediately." I can still see the data via the linked tables in the front end. what I think happened is a user tied to connect via 2000 and decided to follow the convert database prompt. I know ther are a few macro and code modules that may have become corrupt (fo...

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003 Web Access & PST files
Can anybody please tell me if it is possible to import the contents of my local .pst file into my Outlook 2003 Web Access on my SBS2003? Many thanks Jon Morgan There is no method to import/export items through OWA. You would need to connect to the Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and import your items into the mailbox. Import/Export wizard is accessed via File | Import and Export. "Jon Morgan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d06101c439a9$1a596920$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody please tell me if it is possible to import > the conte...

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

Windows update error

Creating and accessing BCM files stored on Network Accessible Stor
Our IT contractor has just installed a Network Accessible Storage device (DLink DNS-323). We can see this from all computers on our wireless network. I want to create our BCM database on the NAS so that all people on site can access it. We are also planning to set up a VPN to allow our offsite staff access to the BCM database. My problem is that BCM cannot see the NAS. Indeed when you are setting up a new database there does not seem to be a browse capability to allow you to set it up anywhere other than your local hard drive. Any ideas? "Mdith" <Mdith@discuss...