Windows Live Mail New Messages

When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number
of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower.
Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong?

"Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a
> number
> of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower.
> Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong?

Maybe some have ended up in the Junk folder. They still count as new
messages.

Grenou

0
Grenou
8/2/2010 8:56:48 AM
Hi, Mick.

As Grenou said, they may have been moved to the Junk folder.  Or, if you
have created Rules to move them to other folders, you may find them in those
folders.

Generally, if you use Quick Views, you should see all the "new" messages in
Unread e-mail UNTIL they have been Read.  But, if you have to restart WLMail
for any reason, they may no longer be considered New after the restart.  In
other words, they still are Unread, but they are no longer New.  So they do
not appear in Quick Views, but they will still show as Bold in whichever
folder they are in, whether an Inbox or a Junk folder or one of your Storage
Folders.

(I suppose this counts as a bug - or unintended design feature - in WLM.
"Unread" should really mean "unread", even if it is no longer "New",
shouldn't it?)

The Unread message count can also change as we toggle the "Show Replies to
My Messages" setting.  If there are 20 messages, but only 5 are replies to
My Messages, then the count shown should change from 20 to 5 when we toggle
My Messages to On, and then back to 20 when we press <Ctrl>+H again.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Mick in Seaford"  wrote in message

When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number
of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower.
Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong?

Select the Inbox folder then  View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure
that Show all Messages is selected.  Also at View, if there is a check
mark in front of View by Conversation click to uncheck.  Then in the
folder click on the DATE column heading to sort by date.  See if you can
then find your missing messages.

Also if the sender is using the Break Apart option, that can cause a
discrepancy.  For example, if the sender has the break apart option set
at 100 KB and sends a 250 KB message, the message is broken into 3 parts
as it travels across the Internet.  Three messages will download into
Windows Live Mail, but it will automatically put them back together into
a single message.  So it will show as 3 downloaded but only 1 message in
the Inbox.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com...
> When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a
> number
> of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower.
> Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong?

0
Michael

OWA Issues on Macs With New Server
We recently replaced our Exchange server with an upgraded, new one. We went from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Server for the OS, but Exchange has always been 2003. Outlook on PCs and Entourage on Macs work fine. OWA on PCs works fine. However, when users login to OWA on Macs (And, they can login to it fine...) the following two things happen: 1.) They have to click on everything twice (not a double click but two single clicks) for it to open. If just one click, it will go about 10-15 minutes and then open, but 2 clicks makes whatever it is open right away. (For anything, ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

new performance object
Hello NG, I want to create a new performance object with own counters in my application to access them later in the Performance monitor. How I can relize this problem. The example program PerformanceScribble ( I work with ATL 7.0 ) doesn't work well, because I cannot see the new performance object in the performance monitor. This ist my problem. How I can see new performance objects in the performance monitor ? Thanks for all help Cristina ...

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

[Beta] Zero Search Results Message
I just conducted a search - it happens a lot these days, because I can't readily find anything at all with this crazy sortiment - and this was the result: http://cid-275b34cd4fcbe487.office.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots/WLMail^_Beta^_No^_Search^_Results.PNG (if that works). Anyway, the message told me that no items matched my search and advised me thus: "On the 'View' menu, point to 'Current View', and then click 'Show all messages'." I'm lost in the jungle again. -- Noel "Ildhund" wrote in message news:#iRSdBDNLHA.1172@TK2MSFTN...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

Error message trying to recover deleted items
User receives the following error going into 'Recover Deleted Items', then Outlook closes: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks. ...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Error message when trying to open an assigned task
I have users who are assigned tasks into their Outlook 2000 inbox. However when they try to open them they get the error message; Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item. I have searched Technet for this error but only got one hit and that was to do with Outlook 98 and contacts so was not relevant. Any help on this would be appreciated. ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...