Windows Live Mail and Adobe Photoship Elements 8

Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured by
Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail with
Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending further
advice! Help would be much appreciated.

"Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
> Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured
> by
> Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
> earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail
> with
> Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
> Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending
> further
> advice! Help would be much appreciated.

Maybe it would be easier to save your images first (resized and using JPeg
compression), then send them (Insert>File as attachment)?

Grenou

0
Grenou
5/6/2010 10:54:15 AM
Thanks for that. I want to send slide shows from Adobe if possibe.

"Grenou" wrote:

> "Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
> > Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured
> > by
> > Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
> > earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail
> > with
> > Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
> > Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending
> > further
> > advice! Help would be much appreciated.
>

> Maybe it would be easier to save your images first (resized and using JPeg
> compression), then send them (Insert>File as attachment)?
>
> Grenou
>
> .

Not sure why you are starting a new thread on the same issue covered
previously ("Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop").
You first need to solve the prerequisite issue of Windows Live Mail not
showing up in your Default Programs list.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without =
problems?=20
> Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been =
assured by=20
> Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an =

> earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail =
with=20
> Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email =
from=20
> Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending =
further=20
> advice! Help would be much appreciated.
0
Gary
5/6/2010 6:19:39 PM
I use Paint Shop Pro. I normally wouldn't send images this way, but tried
it, sending an image to myself,  to see what happens.
My program also said there wasn't an email program associated with PSP, but
then it sent it anyway, after a short delay. Yes it arrived :-)

Still, I think you are better off making your slideshow, zipping it, then
sending it as an attachment.
I don't use any Adobe image editing programs, so can't advise what to do in
yours, but zipping it might save you from computer induced hairloss:-)

Grenou

> Thanks for that. I want to send slide shows from Adobe if possibe.
>
> "Grenou" wrote:
>

>> "Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without
>> > problems?
>> > Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been
>> > assured
>> > by
>> > Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
>> > earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail
>> > with
>> > Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
>> > Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending
>> > further
>> > advice! Help would be much appreciated.
>>

>> Maybe it would be easier to save your images first (resized and using
>> JPeg
>> compression), then send them (Insert>File as attachment)?
>>
>> Grenou
>>
>> .

0
Grenou
5/6/2010 7:42:33 PM
Thanks. I wasn't sure that everybody looks back through past threads. After
your last advice I paid a computer engineer to chec out  the problem. He told
me Windows Live Mail was working OK He also told me this was a known problem
with Elements 7 and that I needed to upgrade to 8. I placed the order and
than read the new contribution on the earlier thread which showed the problem
can occur on 8. I have put my order on hold.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Not sure why you are starting a new thread on the same issue covered
> previously ("Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop").
> You first need to solve the prerequisite issue of Windows Live Mail not
> showing up in your Default Programs list.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C55A0B14-51FA-4E4F-83B8-1D2B41126449@microsoft.com...
> > Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
> > Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured by
> > Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
> > earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail with
> > Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
> > Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending further
> > advice! Help would be much appreciated.
> .

"Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
> Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured
> by
> Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
> earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail
> with
> Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
> Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending
> further
> advice! Help would be much appreciated.

I am not sure if this will help solve your problem, but I had similar
problems with Adobe Acrobat and I think Elements 6 which I still use.

Even though WLM may have all its defaults there is a registry entry that
seems to cause problems with Adobe and some other apps

Check your registry for this entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

On the right side of the window it will show a name for an email client. If
it is not set to WLM then type in Windows Live Mail, not the abbreviation
This problem occurred in Vista and I have seen it in Win7 as well
Just a thought
Bill

0
Bill
5/7/2010 10:24:37 PM
Thanks.

"Bill" wrote:

> "Gleaf2" <Gleaf2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is anyone using Live Mail and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 without problems?
> > Elements 7 does not recognise Live mail and although I have been assured
> > by
> > Adobe that Elements 8 is fully compatible with Windows 7 someone on an
> > earlier thread reported a similar problem of not recognising Live Mail
> > with
> > Elements 8. Is there anyone out there who has sent photos by email from
> > Elements 8 using Live Mail. I have put my order for 8 on hold pending
> > further
> > advice! Help would be much appreciated.
>
> I am not sure if this will help solve your problem, but I had similar
> problems with Adobe Acrobat and I think Elements 6 which I still use.
>
> Even though WLM may have all its defaults there is a registry entry that
> seems to cause problems with Adobe and some other apps
>
> Check your registry for this entry:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail
>
> On the right side of the window it will show a name for an email client. If
> it is not set to WLM then type in Windows Live Mail, not the abbreviation
> This problem occurred in Vista and I have seen it in Win7 as well
> Just a thought
> Bill
>

> .

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Windows update error

Font in Mail Body
It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every time... I'm having the same problem/question. Would like to know if there is a solution for this one! Jan "Thomas T." wrote: > It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new > mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every > time... ...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...