Window Live Mail Automatically Files Downloaded Messages

I am wondering if someone can tell me why WLM is downloading new messages in
a folder sometimes and not going into the Inbox, or Unread messages?  An
example is that if someone sends me a message with the subject ABC....  it
will go into my ABC folder, not the inbox.  The only whay I see it is if I do
a search.  When the search finds it, it shows as unread?

Any help would be appreciated
--
David Chisnell

Did you install WLMail on a computer that had that message rule in an
earlier email program?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"David Chisnell" <DavidChisnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am wondering if someone can tell me why WLM is downloading new messages
> in
> a folder sometimes and not going into the Inbox, or Unread messages?  An
> example is that if someone sends me a message with the subject ABC....  it
> will go into my ABC folder, not the inbox.  The only whay I see it is if I
> do
> a search.  When the search finds it, it shows as unread?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> --
> David Chisnell

0
Ron
5/13/2010 11:58:59 PM
Go to Tools, Message rules, Mail. Anything there?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"David Chisnell" <DavidChisnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:F4BFA6CE-1AE3-4BF1-A168-7FF5296E6492@microsoft.com...
>I am wondering if someone can tell me why WLM is downloading new =
messages in=20
> a folder sometimes and not going into the Inbox, or Unread messages?  =
An=20
> example is that if someone sends me a message with the subject ABC.... =
 it=20
> will go into my ABC folder, not the inbox.  The only whay I see it is =
if I do=20
> a search.  When the search finds it, it shows as unread?
>=20
> Any help would be appreciated
> --=20
> David Chisnell
0
Gary
5/14/2010 1:01:00 AM
You wrote...."The only way I see it is if I do a search"

1. If you click on the ABC folder in your account(not Quick Views)...Is the message present ?
2. If you click on the ABC folder in WLM's Storage Folders...is the message present ?
  <It should be in 1 or 2 >

Is your account setup as an IMAP account ?
Have you configured a rule on your web server ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"David Chisnell" <DavidChisnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am wondering if someone can tell me why WLM is downloading new messages in
> a folder sometimes and not going into the Inbox, or Unread messages?  An
> example is that if someone sends me a message with the subject ABC....  it
> will go into my ABC folder, not the inbox.  The only whay I see it is if I do
> a search.  When the search finds it, it shows as unread?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> --
> David Chisnell

0
winston

reinstalling windows

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

How do I stop outlook automatically creating calender and contact.
Whenever I attach a file, or save an attachment, two folders are automatically created in that location: "outlook calender" and "outlook contacts". They are both empty. I don't want this to happen from any location. How do I turn this feature off? I can delete them manually, but they re-appear when outlook is online, and I can only permenantly delete them when I exit from outlook. The very next time I attach a file or save an attachment, those folders pop up again in the location of the file. What Outlook add-ins do you have installed? any odd programs show...

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

watch erin andrews peephole tape video, erin andrews peephole tape video, erin andrews peephole tape torrent, erin andrews video peep pictures rapidshare, erin andrews peephole tape download, erin a
watch erin andrews peephole tape video, erin andrews peephole tape video, erin andrews peephole tape torrent, erin andrews video peep pictures rapidshare, erin andrews peephole tape download, erin andrews download http://www.kevinkatovic.com/navigation.html - Hot chicks in this tiny texas house! ...

open windows

my excel is no longer automatically calculating formula's
Excel 200 formula's no longer automatically calculating - have to enter each cell individually. Help please! ...

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Outlook email won't print from open message
Hi, Wonder if anybody has any idea how to deal with this one. Can't find anything in the knowledge base about this specific error. When an email message is opened in Outlook, choosing File + Print results in the following error message: Function address 0x77fcdf2a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed. It does print from the print command when accessed directly from the header with a right click on the menu. In addition, since this problem cropped up, the same happens during some printing functions in IE 6 and wit...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

[Beta] Zero Search Results Message
I just conducted a search - it happens a lot these days, because I can't readily find anything at all with this crazy sortiment - and this was the result: http://cid-275b34cd4fcbe487.office.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots/WLMail^_Beta^_No^_Search^_Results.PNG (if that works). Anyway, the message told me that no items matched my search and advised me thus: "On the 'View' menu, point to 'Current View', and then click 'Show all messages'." I'm lost in the jungle again. -- Noel "Ildhund" wrote in message news:#iRSdBDNLHA.1172@TK2MSFTN...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

cell automatically turns colour??
Dear Excel users, I have a spreadsheet containing names and dates......i would like to know if there;s any formula for the below: Let's say.......2 weeks before a due date....the cell with a name on it will turn "orange" colour.....2 week after.... on the due date....the cell will auto change to "red" colour..... we would need this notification very urgently ...... Pls advice me....Thank you very much.... see conditional formatting - set up a formual comapring today() to the due date "Kelly Lim" wrote: > Dear Excel users, > ...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Windows recovery console