Why do I lose contacts?

I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone?

Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that?

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:01 -0800, Davis Straub wrote:

> I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone?
>
> Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that?

Not a clue. I ran Windows Live Mail without signing in to Windows Live
Services for three, or four days. My Contacts list never changed, or
disappeared during that time. It is, however, different than the Contacts
list I normally see when I do let Windows Live sign in to the Windows Live
Services with a Windows Live ID.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Outlook Business Contact Manager a Dead End?
I'm wondering if I should factor this program into deciding whether or not I should buy the MDA if it will not be continued in the future. Does anyone out there use this program? Support for it seems to be minimal. Thanks for your help. I'll also post this to the Outlook.Contacts forum - thnx try outlook.bcm. And yes, there is a 2007 version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, nnylg asked: | I'm ...

searching for Contacts OL2007
Hi, I am using OL2007 and have several microsoft exchange mailboxes in my profile. when using the search function. OL seems to search only my personal. default mailbox and the contact lists contained there. How can I search all contact lists I have access to in all fields incl. the "Notes" field? Thanks for your assistance, Tim ...

MS-Outlook Contacts
I have a client considering Purchase of Windows 2003 SBE. They currently use ACT 6.0 for a contact database. I would like to change them over to MS-Outlook , but would like to know if there is a limit to the number of contact that Outlook will accept. Thanks, Mike None that I know of. I have done an import of ACT contacts in excess of 5000 with no problems. I would recommend exporting them from ACT, importing into Access to clean up the code fields (like +1 that always gets included with ACT), then import the Access into Outlook. "Michael Hamilton" <1fcc@always-online.co...

Business Contact Manager #26
Have MS Office 2003 Professional Enterprse Edition, cannot find how to download Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. Any ideas? You don't download it (far as I know). Should have been on a CD with the Office 2003 package you purchased. Recheck your CD's. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Dr. S wrote: > Have MS Office 2003 Professional Enterprse Edition, > cannot find how to download Outlook 2003 with Business > Contact Manager. Any ideas? ...

hacked contacts
I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an email was sent to all my contacts within windows live mail from my mail account.This email was an http web address,which when copy and pasted sends out the virus within their mail accounts.Thankfully my contacts deleted it.How can i stop this happening. I have since changed my password in case the account is hacked. Help appreciated. On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 02:53:26 -0700, coltmanneil wrote: > I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an > email was sent to all my contacts w...

"Emailed Contacts" folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap What is this folder and can it be deleted from the folders list? <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>On 4/29/10 8:53 AM, in article <a href="59bb7aa8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bb7aa8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="salientis@officeformac.com">salientis@officeformac.com</a>&quot; <<a href="salientis@officeformac.com">salientis@officeformac....

Cannot Find Address Entry After Adding a Contact
When I add a new person to my address book (Contacts) they do not show up until I reboot my system. Has anyone experienced this problem. Is there a solution. Thanks Al Do not show up where and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Al Haig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ea901c42741$db4a65a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I add a new person to my address book (Contacts) > they do not show up until I reboot my system. Has anyone > experienced this problem. Is there a solution. > > Thanks > > Al ...

Outlook Client Is Losing Connection To Microsoft CRM While Online
Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server. On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied. I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this point I can still use...

Searching the "other" field in Contacts?

Outlook 2007
Hi - hope someone can help! I recently installed Windows 7 & used the MS transfer program to restore my old programs. Since then, I've been unable to use the address book in Outlook 2007 - contacts are there and work, but in 'Contacts/properties/outlook address book', Contacts is shown as the address book, but the option to "Show this folder as an email Address Book" is greyed out (an is not ticked) Any ideas? "snowdenn" <snowdenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84ED1F2A-A3EF-41C3-AC90-6ADF90C5E2FA@microsoft.com... >...

Move contacts to public folder
Using SBS2003, I'm looking for a way to move contacts from a private to a public folder, and some references say it can't be done. That's hard to believe though, and it would be bad news for the user who just spent a few days entering contacts into a private folder. I tried sharing the private folders, but she created several private contact folders, but after setting share permissions on all of them only the original contact folder is visible to the other users. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. -- Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last w...

Outlook Contact
Hello: I am having trouble with Microsoft Outlook contacts. When I enter a new contact into the Full Name Field, outlook thinks the last name is the first name and the first name is the last name. I tried fixing the issue in the options in outlook but had no luck. Please advise. Thanks Brian A few questions: - are you using a US version of Outlook? - are you entering the contacts without any punctuation? - are you using just the standard Outlook forms? "Brian Walowitz" <brian@wallytech. net> wrote in message news:g9WXe.1$i%2.0@fe10.lga... > Hello: > I am having t...

Wall street journal contact
I have been in touch with the wall street journal online and they are putting a story together on this. If you use money to keep track of business records and have been severely affected by this the person I have been in contact with would like to hear from you. please mail me with you for more information. kenneth AT vanpeters.com I actually contacted ABC NEWS yesterday also and asked them to look into this.. I think a lot of people should write to TV stations. Maybe if this gets on the news, it will get resolved faster since they will start losing money. >-----Original Messag...

contact history
Is there a way to delete history entries in mass Where do you see these and what version of Outlook are you using? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- "Joseph" <anonymous@discus...

Why do I lose contacts?
I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:01 -0800, Davis Straub wrote: > I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? > > Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? Not a clue. I ran Windows Live Mail without signing in to Windows Live Services for three, or four days. My Contacts list never changed, or disappeared during that time. It is, however, different than the Contacts list I normally see ...

removing duplicate contacts
Is there a way to remove duplicate contacts from my contact list? thanks, Huck Right click on the item, Delete. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:eA8QAuQzIHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove duplicate contacts from my contact list? > > thanks, > > Huck > Hi Huck, have a look on this sites: "Tools for Removing Duplicate Contacts" http://www.publicshareware.com/public-duplicate-eraser-description.php http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_dups.asp Maybe it he...

Windows Live Mssenger contacts
This happened just a few weeks ago. I signed in my WLM, the latest one, with MSN PLus and MSN Discovery, and instead of showing my contacts offline contacts nicknames, it shows their email. This never happened even after I had installed MSN Discovery and MSN Plus, which was in October-November 2009. Greetings Mark, This will happen if the local cached store of Messenger data has been removed. They will once again show properly when they appear online (so it can retrieve the display name again) and continue to appear when they're offline. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MV...

OL2002 sharing contacts = buying exchange?
We are a small business (8 people) and do fine on peer to peer network (under 10 users), so our 'file server' is running Windows 2000 Workstation (not Server). We have Office XP + Win XP pro on the other computers. We want to do something seemingly simple - access and / or update a common contacts folder and calendar. I remember on a previous version of Windows and Outlook (not Server, and not with Exchange Server), we could set up a post office in the control panel and setup shared folders in Outlook (changes were 'emailed' to all and automatically updated the shared folders...

SS#'s lose lose formatting in .csv
Hi, I have a user who is entering a list of ss numbers. She has to have them in this format: 024574882 712894748 First off, we can't get the leading 0 to stay, it just disappears. I have tried formatting the column as text, as numbers, as custom #########, and like '983474744. No matter what we do, after saving and opening it again, the leading 0's are gone and some number turn in exponential notations. Can someone please help?? This should be an easy fix, but it seems the formatting I put on this does not hold!! thanks in advance.....Bill Select the column Either cl...

Contact Search Not Returning Contacts
Hi All, Has anyone come across a situation where if you are looking in the 'all contacts' view you can see a contact record with the name of 'smith' for example but if you type 'smith' into the find contacts search it doesnt return the contact? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Simon ... A lot of times a leading ( Smith) or trailing space (Smith ) may throw off your search. It's always best to utilize the Wildcard character (Asterisk - *) before searching on a word in CRM's Find field... this lets CRM Find you all "Smith" re...

losing pictures
I had produced a 3 fold brochure and printed it successfully for months. Then one day 2 of the jpg files stopped printing. I have reloaded Publisher, done everything I can think of, but can not get those files to print on the office color printer. They will print on the Black and white. The brochure will print from someone else's computer!!!! if I save the file on a CD and print it from someone who has Publisher. I talked to Gateway and they said it was my problem, this is a new 2003 computer, with 2002 Publisher. Can anyone help Update your printer driver from the website of your prin...

Contacts file
Is there a way to transfer ALL contacts from one Outlook account to another Outlook account? Answered on a daily basis. Find a post that matches your Outlook version and information store which of course anyone would need to answer your question accurately. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "tonyalt3" <tonyalt3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b25dafc-e1d5-4592-8604-18c36037a11e@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to transfer ALL contacts from one Outlook account to > another Outlook account? ...

Redirecting the Contacts link in Outlook 2003
In the Outlook 2003 navigation pane, is there a way to direct the Contacts button to a public folder instead of the Contacts folder in the mailbox? We have a Contacts folder in our public folder list where all contacts should be saved, we want to restrict our users so they can't enter new contacts into their contacts folder in their mailbox (Deleting this folder would be better, if that is possible!) Thanks for any pointers! Sparks... Sparks <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote: > In the Outlook 2003 navigation pane, is there a way to direct the > Contacts button to a publi...

Lose Focus
Env: VC++6.00 I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by EnableWindow(FALSE). I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). Is there a way? TIA William >I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by >EnableWindow(FALSE). >I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). > >Is there a way? William, Try using CDialog::NextDlgCtrl or maybe PostMessage WM_NEXTDLGCTL to the dialog. Dave Thanks Dave. That is exactly what I want. William > Try using CDial...

Contacts MIA
I just downloaded and installed WLM Beta. On composing my email, when I click in the "TO:" field, none of my contacts show up. I'm digging around and I don't even see where it says anything about Contacts. FYI. I am signed into my WL account if that makes any difference. What am I missing here? Before installing the new beta, were you signing in to the same Windows Live ID? Are the contacts visible after signing in at http://contacts.live.com? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "paula" wrote in message news:uYcoYjnNLHA.432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx...